Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 9th August 2017, 17:58   #1621
BHPian

Default Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDS View Post
Second thing: I just received a call from Siyaram motors Agra (they sold me the car) notifying me about a recall for Air-filter. Just want to ask if anybody else received a call like that.
Yes, today noon my dealer called me & mentioned that the Air filter will be changed under warranty. Don't know what's the issue all about.

My Car's Service is due on Friday anyway, so will be updating the same once the car is back.
CarguyNish is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2017, 18:24   #1622
BHPian

Hello.

Is this air filter recall only for Diesel Tiago? If it is for petrol too, then it could be the cause of poor fuel mileage and performance. I'll check with my service advisor. I have complained that fuel mileage is low.
Motard_Blr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2017, 17:20   #1623
BHPian

Default Tata Tiago : Official Review

Hi All
A quick update
Kms completed 18000
First service cost 5400approx
Issues faced during service- None
The car's mileage has jumped up a notch post the 15k service.Has anyone else experienced that?
Rattles being heard but can't blame TATA for that it's the great roads that we have

Last edited by Arkanile : 15th August 2017 at 17:22.
Arkanile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2017, 20:04   #1624

I have a peculiar issue with the first Service of my Tiago XZA. The only problem which I had mentioned was regarding low mileage. For the first month, it was 10.243 Kmpl and the second month was 9.452 km. The Car had no other major issues. There were some scratch mark and paint fault which they said would rectify during the first service. For the paint job, they had to keep the car in workshop for a day or two.

Now, I was surprised to find that the AC was not working. It was blowing hot air and at times hot and cold air from different vents. The CSE from workshop checked and said that he will get this repaired in 20 mins. When I went there next day, I noticed that the plastic panels have some unusual scratch marks and the panels are not properly aligned. They said that one of the knobs had gone faulty and they will replace the knob setup and the plastic panel. I was told that for the first routine check-up, there was no need of diddling with the AC knobs. I am bewildered that how a brand-new car with no AC problem was delivered with a broken AC with scratch marks on the panel. This thing is now creeping in my mind that someone might have changed some part and since it's a brand-new car under warranty, they are now ordering a replacement.

I have lost my sleep over this. The guys at workshop are very courteous and vehemently denying any such wrong doing. However, whenever the car is making any sound, or jerking while decelerating, I feel that did they replace any new component with another faulty one? Does such thing happen?
ishaan_kone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2017, 20:21   #1625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishaan_kone View Post
I have lost my sleep over this. The guys at workshop are very courteous and vehemently denying any such wrong doing. However, whenever the car is making any sound, or jerking while decelerating, I feel that did they replace any new component with another faulty one? Does such thing happen?
I remember reading something like this in a Fiat or a Skoda ownership thread. IIRC a headlight bulb from another car was nicked and installed on this guys car. I suggest follow up with this, with a mild threat of complaining to regional manager and customer care.
akshay380 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2017, 21:06   #1626
BHPian

Quote:
I have a peculiar issue with the first Service of my Tiago XZA. The only problem which I had mentioned was regarding low mileage. For the first month, it was 10.243 Kmpl and the second month was 9.452 km. The Car had no other major issues. There were some scratch mark and paint fault which they said would rectify during the first service. For the paint job, they had to keep the car in workshop for a day or two.

Now, I was surprised to find that the AC was not working. It was blowing hot air and at times hot and cold air from different vents. The CSE from workshop checked and said that he will get this repaired in 20 mins. When I went there next day, I noticed that the plastic panels have some unusual scratch marks and the panels are not properly aligned. They said that one of the knobs had gone faulty and they will replace the knob setup and the plastic panel. I was told that for the first routine check-up, there was no need of diddling with the AC knobs. I am bewildered that how a brand-new car with no AC problem was delivered with a broken AC with scratch marks on the panel. This thing is now creeping in my mind that someone might have changed some part and since it's a brand-new car under warranty, they are now ordering a replacement.

Please mention the service center name.

I don't think that they have changed. The Tata service centers are not very highly regarded. They are quite known to deliver cars with scratches on panels. My Tiago went for first service and after washing came with scratches on bonnet.
archat68 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2017, 23:38   #1627

KB Motors Kolkata, Park Circus
ishaan_kone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2017, 06:16   #1628
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No point losing sleep. There will be no end to it then. Smarter thing to do is document all discussions and works done to your satisfaction. Take pre and post pictures where possible. Convey concerns and get resolutions. It's just a car. Don't carry mental baggage for such things.

Last edited by narayan : 16th August 2017 at 06:34.
narayan is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2017, 10:18   #1629
BHPian

Quote:
KB Motors Kolkata, Park Circus
And I thought they were probably the best in Kolkata . But they are better than Lexus for sure.
archat68 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2017, 14:49   #1630

Tiago XTA version is displayed in Tata Tiago site. Ex-Showroom price is 4,84,489/-
http://www.tatatiago.com/price-list-pune

Although dealers are not aware of it
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago : Official Review-tatatiago-xta.jpg  

Belorkar is offline   Reply With Quote