Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2016, 11:56   #976
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: GGN/CHD
Posts: 62
Thanked: 90 Times
Default re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkanile View Post
An Update
The car has reached..FINALLY!! Am going for the PDI tomorrow, and taking delivery on Friday (If work schedule permits, otherwise on Sunday) will be taking the Team BHP PDI checklist with me.
Will post initial review shortly
So going to get the car today, will update dealer exp etc in the initial ownership review, will put that up in the next couple of weeks as am planning to take the car uphill next weekend
Arkanile is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2016, 15:57   #977
BHPian
 
keeprevving's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Bhubaneswar
Posts: 113
Thanked: 162 Times
Default re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

I am regularly sighting Tiagos in and around Bhubaneswar. Goes to show that Tata has played the right cards this time around. All Tiagos I have come across have excellent paint quality. Only gripe for me is the egress and ingress is a tad low, Indica height would have been better. It's just my personal opinion. Best part is, it has a roomy and a comfortable cabin.
keeprevving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2016, 18:32   #978
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 158
Thanked: 111 Times
Default re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkanile View Post
So going to get the car today, will update dealer exp etc in the initial ownership review, will put that up in the next couple of weeks as am planning to take the car uphill next weekend
Congratulations. Please do not forget to update us with tankful to tankful mileage check.

Tiago is still a rare sight here in Hyderabad. According to RM, all variants have at least 2 months of waiting period. Tata would not have dreamt of such a demand for petrol variant.
Looking at the response, tata would have to come up with a strong strategy to handle the demand for AMT, which might sell like hot cakes.

On the contrary, the staff at concorde motors (subsidiary of tata) are lousy at their best. They are miles behind in handling customers compared to other dealers.

Thanks & drive safe.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2016, 10:28   #979
BHPian
 
SAE40 in veins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 199
Thanked: 104 Times
Default re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkanile View Post
So going to get the car today, will update dealer exp etc in the initial ownership review, will put that up in the next couple of weeks as am planning to take the car uphill next weekend
Hi did the delivery go as planned ? and please put up the pics of your new acquisition before you put up the detailed ownership review.
SAE40 in veins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2016, 11:35   #980
BHPian
 
ashis89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 972
Thanked: 511 Times
Default re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
Congratulations. Please do not forget to update us with tankful to tankful mileage check.

Tiago is still a rare sight here in Hyderabad. According to RM, all variants have at least 2 months of waiting period. Tata would not have dreamt of such a demand for petrol variant.
Looking at the response, tata would have to come up with a strong strategy to handle the demand for AMT, which might sell like hot cakes.

On the contrary, the staff at concorde motors (subsidiary of tata) are lousy at their best. They are miles behind in handling customers compared to other dealers.

Thanks & drive safe.
Somehow I have been seeing a lot of Tiagos on the road here in Hyderabad. I live in Serilingampally and drive to Meenakshi Towers, Gacchibowli daily. I must have seen 30+ Tiagos on road in the past 10 days. I feel this is a good number for a start.
ashis89 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2016, 11:51   #981
BHPian
 
Enobarbus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 66
Thanked: 211 Times
Default re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Somehow I have been seeing a lot of Tiagos on the road here in Hyderabad. I live in Serilingampally and drive to Meenakshi Towers, Gacchibowli daily. I must have seen 30+ Tiagos on road in the past 10 days. I feel this is a good number for a start.
Yes. I live in Beeramguda and commute to Gachibowli through Serilingampally. I too have seen a lot of Tiagos. Also, I see a lot of other Tata Vehicles in the area around Serilingampally and Patancheru; definitely more Tatas per sq/KM here than the rest of the city. This is a middle/lower middle class area and probably we people don't care much about the brand perception.
Enobarbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2016, 11:57   #982
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 158
Thanked: 111 Times
Default re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Somehow I have been seeing a lot of Tiagos on the road here in Hyderabad. I live in Serilingampally and drive to Meenakshi Towers, Gacchibowli daily. I must have seen 30+ Tiagos on road in the past 10 days. I feel this is a good number for a start.
I did see a few of them after my previous post.
It is truly promising. And most buyers are our IT folks.
Most of them are petrol XZ, good to note that they are preferring ABS, airbags.
Among all white looks the most attractive followed by blue. Rest of the colors are getting blended with colors of competitors like Grand i10, new Figo. Hence, the difficulty in distinguishing a tiago in the crowd, unless the front or the 'T' logo is spotted.
jetsetgo08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2016, 11:58   #983
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 81
Thanked: 120 Times
Default

My cousin booked it last week. The top end one and orange color. The wait is definitely 12 weeks. Not sure why TATA can't manage this. It looks more like a planned delay now. They would prefer consistent sales of 4K units for larger period of time I guess.
RaghuVis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2016, 12:50   #984
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: GGN/CHD
Posts: 62
Thanked: 90 Times
Default re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Putting up a mini mini ownership review, detailed one with pics coming soon once I complete a long trip this weekend( Completed 206 KMS, took delivery when odo read 74 KMS)

The car drives like a diesel (its a petrol) but the sound and the grunt of the engine is that of a diesel...very heavy in low gears until you hit the desired RPM band.
ECO mode makes it all the more heavier to drive in bumper to bumper, possibly also because I am following(trying to sometimes) the gear change ratios as mentioned in the manual.
Interior/Exterior built quality is good, very unlike TATA. Everyone who has seen the car very strongly voiced the same.
Some spirited driving, staying between 2500-2800 RPM in 4th and 5th gear makes the car a different animal.Its sprightly and pulls away nicely, staying in GGN doesn't give me too many options for a free run except for the Faridabad GGN road at night and that's where the car was let loose a little
The car handles the bad roads nicely, don't feel the impact too much inside and specially after the rains the roads here are a mess
Slight vibrations in gear is visible and felt when in neutral, reminds me of my Safari on a cold start in winters, its very less but is there.
Some dampners
Khar khar noise from the driver side A pillar, looks as if something is loose inside, will get it checked in the first service ( 1500 KMS)
Observed this yesterday and today-When on a cold start the temp gauge remains on for 1-2 mins and the RPM stays at 1100-1200. Checked the coolant and stuff all seems ok.The temp gauge color is blue, although when you switch on the car it shows Red.
Has anyone else observed/faced this????
When you turn the steering wheel full, there is sometimes a clang noise, guess that's to do with the bushes(correct me if I am wrong) will get that checked.

The music system is amazing.It is clearly one of the best that I have heard so far. Have Ecosport as my second drive and I thought that was the best, but Harman has done an amazing job with this.

Overall, pretty happy with the what the car offers, waiting to take it on the highway and see how it drives.

Oh and the fuel eco returned so far in bumper to bumper GGN traffic with a/c on full time is 13.8 KM/PL

Last edited by Arkanile : 25th July 2016 at 12:53.
Arkanile is offline   (13) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2016, 13:25   #985
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 41
Thanked: 64 Times
Default re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkanile View Post
Putting up a mini mini ownership review
What about AC performance and blower noise?
basubhatta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2016, 13:29   #986
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: GGN/CHD
Posts: 62
Thanked: 90 Times
Default re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by basubhatta View Post
What about AC performance and blower noise?
A/C is effective, the car cools down nicely within 5 mins, this also could be due to the current weather conditions...temp on avg are 36-38.
Blower noise is there but to be honest the sound system over rides the noise..
Arkanile is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2016, 22:51   #987
BHPian
 
kanu2k15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 65
Thanked: 47 Times
Default re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

@Arkanile -Thanks for the mini mini review.

So after I had booked my Tiago on 10th June, I had been behind the dealers and all they had to say "saar no red car dispatched today". I was tired of it and today I went to the showroom again. Met with the sales manager and ask them what the hell is happening why still no car.
Well he politely showed his PC with all the excel files and emails to and from tata motors. They only received 1 Petrol XZ this month and that is already aligned to someone. I am the next person in line, but was offered brown or orange color but I like the red.
What is the issue with these red tiagos, I have seen them on the roads. Alloys are certainly an issue so told I don't mind mine without a set of alloys.
Hoping to get it soon this or atleast next week.
kanu2k15 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2016, 12:21   #988
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: GGN/CHD
Posts: 62
Thanked: 90 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanu2k15 View Post
@Arkanile -Thanks for the mini mini review.

So after I had booked my Tiago on 10th June, I had been behind the dealers and all they had to say "saar no red car dispatched today". I was tired of it and today I went to the showroom again. Met with the sales manager and ask them what the hell is happening why still no car.
Well he politely showed his PC with all the excel files and emails to and from tata motors. They only received 1 Petrol XZ this month and that is already aligned to someone. I am the next person in line, but was offered brown or orange color but I like the red.
What is the issue with these red tiagos, I have seen them on the roads. Alloys are certainly an issue so told I don't mind mine without a set of alloys.
Hoping to get it soon this or atleast next week.
Thanks mate, try tweeting on their official handle, try getting the TSM number from customer service, a little pressure may get you the car earlier, but to be honest, I booked mine on 4th May and got it only 22nd July so bear that in mind. There is a long waiting period for sure..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkanile View Post
A/C is effective, the car cools down nicely within 5 mins, this also could be due to the current weather conditions...temp on avg are 36-38.
Blower noise is there but to be honest the sound system over rides the noise..
An update on the A/C.. blower speeds of 1 have been good enough to cool the car down, with temps averaging 33-35 and high humidity think the a/c is performing at par with other cars. Yesterday night had to adjust the temp control as it had become too chilly.

Last edited by ampere : 26th July 2016 at 12:28. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Arkanile is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2016, 11:44   #989
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 41
Thanked: 64 Times
Default re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

The waiting period is really a pain for the purchaser. However, it is not only the Tata Tiago, some other models from other stables also have very long waiting periods. Following presents the waiting period of some new cars in India:

TATA Tiago:
Launched in April 2016
Bookings-over 23,000
Waiting period-3 months (in some of the areas/instances even more than 3 months)

Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza
Launched in March 2016
Bookings-over 1 lakh
Waiting period-8 months

Renault Kwid
Launched in September 2015
Bookings- 1.5 lakh
Waiting period –over 4 months

Maruti Suzuki Baleno
Launched in October 2015
Bookings- over 1 lakh
Waiting period – 6 months

As one can see, TATA is maintaining the minimum waiting period. I hope, TATA will be very happy with this post and give me additional discount while purchasing Tiago AMT.

Read more at http://www.ibtimes.co.in/waiting-per...q82OxfbEDDS.99
basubhatta is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2016, 20:05   #990
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: London/Chennai
Posts: 96
Thanked: 127 Times
Default re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkanile View Post
Putting up a mini mini ownership review, detailed one with pics coming soon once I complete a long trip this weekend( Completed 206 KMS, took delivery when odo read 74 KMS)
Congratulations on getting the car and wish you many more happy miles.

But you are doing injustice by not posting any teaser pics. Along with the mini review you should have added one

On the other hand, people are more eager to know about this particular one from Tata which is definitely a good sign for them.
RJ411 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Unveiled at the Auto Expo 2016! Tushar The Indian Car Scene 229 6th December 2016 14:36
Tata Tiago AMT spotted testing under thick camouflage dZired The Indian Car Scene 16 13th November 2016 19:33
Tata wants your help in renaming the Zica! (Edit: Now renamed Tiago) GTO The Indian Car Scene 145 26th February 2016 11:32


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:30.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks