Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 24th October 2016, 12:58   #1216
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinuchel View Post
Is it possible to cancel car after billing in my name (or maybe extend the time as I want a tiago only )
Please advise
Cancellation is possible till the time the car is not registered in your name. You may have to pay some cancellation amount(most probably INR 5000) and that's it. Dealers may honor the request of extension if it is a matter of a few days, otherwise they will sell this car to another customer and order your car once the payment is made.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2016, 12:59   #1217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank_bhp View Post
I have Tiago XT (REVOTRON) the car is any day better than WagonR and Celerio, no offence but in my view these cars are very light, which is good for the peppiness but overall these cars feel a bit light on corners which don't give you confidence to make a sharp turn. I am telling this thing because I have gone through it, I was in WagonR and I turned it hard which made it topple. From that day I knew one thing that I will not buy any tall boy car such as WagonR. I think Kwid and Tiago has no direct competition. Kwid can be compare to its sibling Redi-Go or Altos.
Fully Agree, The Tiago is a nice little car. I had WagonR earlier & I replaced it with a Tiago Diesel. If I was looking for a true Replacement for WagonR, it would have been the Celerio AMT, but I wanted something different & one that has more torque at the bottom end, hence chose the Diesel Tiago instead of the more popular Petrol one. The Celerio is a very good car, but only in Petrol guise & AMT.

Frankly Speaking,
Kwid isn't a rival to the Tiago. Some Publications have compared them & it is totally unfair.
CarguyNish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2016, 13:23   #1218

Even I compared these both cars but the moment i went down to Tata dealership I discovered that comparison cannot be done between these cars.
ank_bhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2016, 13:43   #1219
BHPian

Quote:
Yet another query. The main thing about Tiago which attracted me was the introductory price and value for money for the XZ Petrol version as no other car had ABS/Airbag for that price (in my knowledge). Including latest hike, the total hike in the price would be approximately 10k-13k onroad.
Is the Tiago XZ P still worth the hike in price or should I consider the Figo 1.2 Trend (P), which comes with ABS,Airbags and is also a bigger car? Confused. :(
10k /13k hike in price doesn't make it any less value for money. In emi terms this amounts to nothing. Moreover, when compared to figo in strict financial aspects, the higher mileage would compensate within a couple of months.
However being a segment higher, figo is a better car in every aspect.
phynix123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2016, 17:19   #1220
Distinguished - BHPian

A big moment in the Tata Tiago's career - the domestic bestseller is now an integral part of the R&D behind autonomous connected driving technology, a collaboration between Jaguar Land Rover, Tata and Ford which is expected to enter commercial production by 2018.

Quote:
The three companies have developed technologies that be will developed as part of the initiative and which will be trialled on public roads in Coventry and Milton Keynes by the end of 2018.

These include a vehicle system that communicates with infrastructure features such as traffic lights to advise the driver, or the car, which speed to travel to minimise the number of red lights the car must wait at. The system has been named Green Light Optimal Speed Advisory.

Jaguar Land Rover's technologies include semi-autonomous systems such as Advanced Highway Assist – a system that allows hands-free and pedal-free driving while the car is able to overtake vehicles safely and automatically on the motorway.

Another system showcased was Electronic Emergency Brake Light Assist, which is like an extension of autonomous emergency braking.
RavenAvi is offline   (18) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2016, 21:49   #1221

It must be proud moment for all Tiago owners. Seeing our small hatch participating with its elder sibling in some tests
ank_bhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2016, 09:45   #1222
BHPian

Guys do we have any update on Tiago Sports? Some of the reports were stating November launch.
shashant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2016, 11:05   #1223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashant View Post
Guys do we have any update on Tiago Sports? Some of the reports were stating November launch.
Tiago Sports is unlikely to launch in near future. This can be expected only when Tiago Sales drops. With the current demand, they have even delayed the launch of AMT.

They should increase the Monthly Output of Tiago & should launch the KITE 5 Sedan. They can offer these Kitted, Sportier Versions when required.
CarguyNish is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2016, 12:00   #1224
BHPian

There goes my plan to buy the cheapest turbo petrol car.
Lets see if Ignis comes up with boosterjet engine.
shashant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2016, 12:38   #1225
BHPian

I think the new turbo petrol might debut with the Nexon and then, it might be offered on other cars. And as already pointed out, TaMo might plan to launch the Tiago Sport when the initial rush for the model stabilizes or falls.

Even for the Ignis, the Boosterjet might not be launched immediately and come a year after the initial car launch. This is based on typical strategies employed by the companies. I might be wrong and would be happy to be proven so.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2016, 21:45   #1226

Hi guys,

My dealer (concorde, velachery, chennai) says my vehicle (tiago white revotron xz) is in transit and expected to reach showroom by 2.11.16. But he is insisting in me paying an initial amount before this month end, saying that another price rise is due from 1st of November.

Is this true ? Can anyone confirm this ? Thanks in advance.
docgb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2016, 16:53   #1227
Team-BHP Support

Now there is a Tiago in my office. This fellow had booked the Kwid last year, then cancelled it. A year later he went for the top end Tiago after reading this review. It was delivered on Thursday. Some shots from the office campus.

Tata Tiago : Official Review-pa280474.jpg Tata Tiago : Official Review-pa280044.jpgTata Tiago : Official Review-pa280479.jpg

Last edited by Samurai : 30th October 2016 at 16:55.
Samurai is offline   (11) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2016, 17:04   #1228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by docgb View Post
Hi guys,

My dealer (concorde, velachery, chennai) says my vehicle (tiago white revotron xz) is in transit and expected to reach showroom by 2.11.16. But he is insisting in me paying an initial amount before this month end, saying that another price rise is due from 1st of November.

Is this true ? Can anyone confirm this ? Thanks in advance.
Pricing at the time of invoicing the car is applicable. So what he is saying is incorrect.

Secondly, there was a small price rise recently by Tata. I don't think one more is on the cards, that too at such short interval.
vinit.merchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2016, 11:43   #1229

Finally I too am a proud owner of the Tiago XZ petrol. Vehicle delivered this morning.
Total booking time : 31 days (got car due to cancellation by another customer)
Final price on road : 588900 (including AMC, Extended warranty, zero dep insurance)
First impression : A real value for money car. Lots of space, big car like handling and good quality of interiors.

Ownership coming soon...
vinuchel is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2016, 12:13   #1230
BHPian

Quote:
Finally I too am a proud owner of the Tiago XZ petrol. Vehicle delivered this morning.
Total booking time : 31 days
Congratulations dear. This is probably the fastest procurement. Which color did you choose? Do share some awesome pictures too.
Majumdarda is offline   Reply With Quote