Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2016, 01:01   #1201

re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Hi guys.
Can anyone help me out with this error code. The tata service center boys were unable to clear the code.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago : Official Review-20161013044634.jpg  

Old 14th October 2016, 11:06   #1202
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Motors has cumulatively hiked prices of the entire Tiago range by 15,000 rupees. (Source)
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2016, 14:07   #1203
Senior - BHPian

Dear BHPians & Prospective Tiago Buyers, My Ownership Report is now live

Link - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-revotorq.html
CarguyNish is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 19th October 2016, 20:49   #1204
BHPian

Looks like Tiago price has been hiked again. Hike would be around 7k for the XZ (p). Any news on when price rise would come into effect?
My XZ (P) has arrived and is presently waiting at showroom as my loan is not yet sanctioned. Will I be affected by the hike? (I have paid just 10000 as booking amount)
Old 20th October 2016, 02:04   #1205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinuchel View Post
Looks like Tiago price has been hiked again. Hike would be around 7k for the XZ (p). Any news on when price rise would come into effect?
My XZ (P) has arrived and is presently waiting at showroom as my loan is not yet sanctioned. Will I be affected by the hike? (I have paid just 10000 as booking amount)
The price is as on delivery date/invoice date. That's what every dealer does. Maybe you can ask your contact person in the showroom about that. Its all comes down to the dealer discretion.
kanu2k15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2016, 08:37   #1206
BHPian

Yet another query. The main thing about Tiago which attracted me was the introductory price and value for money for the XZ Petrol version as no other car had ABS/Airbag for that price (in my knowledge). Including latest hike, the total hike in the price would be approximately 10k-13k onroad.
Is the Tiago XZ P still worth the hike in price or should I consider the Figo 1.2 Trend (P), which comes with ABS,Airbags and is also a bigger car? Confused. :(
Old 20th October 2016, 09:29   #1207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinuchel View Post
Yet another query. Is the Tiago XZ P still worth the hike in price or should I consider the Figo 1.2 Trend (P), which comes with ABS,Airbags and is also a bigger car? Confused. :(
Figo Trend only has Airbags, there is no ABS & EBD. It is a bigger & next segment car, but it all boils down to which you like most. Drive both the cars & decide yourself. If you are willing to extend you're budget, you can look at Figo Diesel instead which is miles better then Figo Petrol.
CarguyNish is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2016, 09:39   #1208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidehardAK View Post
Hi guys.
Can anyone help me out with this error code. The tata service center boys were unable to clear the code.
Are you able to start the vehicle ? The code clearly says that Starter relay is faulty. Did you install any after market accessories like upmodule relay for windows or Remote Central locking system.
Old 20th October 2016, 10:16   #1209

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
Are you able to start the vehicle ? The code clearly says that Starter relay is faulty. Did you install any after market accessories like upmodule relay for windows or Remote Central locking system.
Yes it starts perfectly and I am driving it. And I've not installed any after market accessory.
Two months before while driving I saw that the engine check light was ON, later when I stopped it was off so I ignored it. After servicing when the technicians were scanning ECU we saw this error code. It took them 2 1/2 hours but they were unable to clear the code. Later they gave me the car and told me to come whenever the check engine light is ON.
Old 20th October 2016, 11:01   #1210
Senior - BHPian

I refer to this below website to know about error codes and how to clear them. If you are interested in DIY, Torq Pro is a good app to have along with a OBD II scanner. If ASS is not able to fix it, they maybe using outdated scanners, try any external service centers.
http://www.engine-codes.com/

Last edited by deehunk : 20th October 2016 at 11:04.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2016, 13:42   #1211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidehardAK View Post
Yes it starts perfectly and I am driving it. And I've not installed any after market accessory.
Two months before while driving I saw that the engine check light was ON, later when I stopped it was off so I ignored it. After servicing when the technicians were scanning ECU we saw this error code. It took them 2 1/2 hours but they were unable to clear the code. Later they gave me the car and told me to come whenever the check engine light is ON.
Hi, I had faced a similar issue related to ECU when I had taken the car for first service, the ECU updates failed multiple times and it had come to a point where the techs from their Pune plant recommended an ECU change, luckily they were able to fix the problem after 5 hours.

My suggestion is to go to the TASS insist on them doing a screen share with the techs in Pune while the ECU is being updated and surely they should be able to help resolve.

TATA is being extra cautious and is very serious in resolving any issues related to TIAGO on priority.
Old 21st October 2016, 14:10   #1212

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkanile View Post
Hi, I had faced a similar issue related to ECU when I had taken the car for first service, the ECU updates failed multiple times and it had come to a point where the techs from their Pune plant recommended an ECU change, luckily they were able to fix the problem after 5 hours.

My suggestion is to go to the TASS insist on them doing a screen share with the techs in Pune while the ECU is being updated and surely they should be able to help resolve.

TATA is being extra cautious and is very serious in resolving any issues related to TIAGO on priority.
Thanks for valued suggestion. Will look forward to it.
And its true TATA is extra cautious about the TIAGO. Got service feedback call from TATA day before yesterday and I mentioned about the same problem. Yesterday I got the call from the dealer's TASS, they asked me to bring the car in whenever I am free.
Old 21st October 2016, 18:16   #1213
BHPian

Am in a bit of a predicament. Had booked tiago xz , and applied for staff vehicle loan ( nationalized bank). Showroom had already billed a car (a cancellation) in my name with only advance amount in good faith. At present my loan sanction is going to take some time. Is it possible to cancel car after billing in my name (or maybe extend the time as I want a tiago only )
Please advise
Old 21st October 2016, 19:00   #1214
BHPian

My father in law is in the lookout for an affordable hatchback. Would have loved to refer a Tiago to him.

Unfortunately have settled for the Celerio for now. Reason? AMT. That just made me realise doesnt matter how good the Tiago or a Kwid is,

lacking an auto-box swings it totally towards MS. With AMTs in K10, Wagon-r and Celerio the customers have all they need to choose from.

Hope they launch it soon.
400notout is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2016, 12:45   #1215
BHPian

I have Tiago XT (REVOTRON) the car is any day better than WagonR and Celerio, no offence but in my view these cars are very light, which is good for the peppiness but overall these cars feel a bit light on corners which don't give you confidence to make a sharp turn. I am telling this thing because I have gone through it, I was in WagonR and I turned it hard which made it topple. From that day I knew one thing that I will not buy any tall boy car such as WagonR. I think Kwid and Tiago has no direct competition. Kwid can be compare to its sibling Redi-Go or Altos.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks