Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 8th January 2017, 16:02   #1606
BHPian

Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

When boys want some relief from city traffic, they go to the outskirts.

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_20170108_112504_1.jpg

Without changing modes etc. the cars tackled most of the terrain with ease. We did some reasonable off-roading and hoping to do more next time.

Last edited by sunishsamuel : 8th January 2017 at 16:22.
sunishsamuel is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2017, 17:56   #1607
BHPian

20,000 kms service update

Got the 20k kms service done for my 3.2 Ford endeavour from "Fortune Ford, Tolichowki". Called up my friendly SA (Mr. Surya) the day before and took appointment for the service. Vehicle went in at 10.30 in morning and service was finished by 3:30 PM. Had 2 issues/complaints with vehicle

1. FM radio issue - I got a mail from ford couple of weeks ago that a software update for the infotainment system has been issued and can get the same updated. Unfortunately the same is not available at the service centre as the concerned service engineer is not available. Was assured that they will get in touch with me once its available and they try it on their demo vehicle

2. Wind noise above 110-120 kmph. Its a low noise whine which appears to be coming because of the side mirror or a loose weather strip (had same issue in our vento). A quick search on internet revealed that it is a common problem faced by newer Ford F150 and rangers. Infact i came across a petition where multiple owners are claiming its a design defect and nothing can be done about it, so they are demanding for a recall/refund. It will be interesting to see what the outcome will be. For me its a minor which is not noticeable with music on

Service costed me Rs 6,024/-. Engine Oil capacity is 9.2 Litres, Engine oil used was 5w30 mineral oil supplied by Ford. Will probably shift to fully synthetic after couple of services, which alone will cost approximately Rs 10,000/-. Attaching the invoice for the service. Extremely happy with vehicle and I feel the ride is getting better day by day and now its a lot less bumpy than what it was.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_2923.jpg  

harsha.muvva is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2017, 12:11   #1608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niv26 View Post
If anyone care, I have got the price of 26.3 (including insurance/zero-dip which bought outside). You can use this price in your negotiation and may get better price as we entered to 2017 now.
Hi thanks for the useful information. Especially anything related to pricing is going to be no doubt immensely helpful.

Btw the 26.3 lakhs includes registration and road tax as well right? That means basically it's OTR?

Also could you share the registration and Road tax in Hyderabad? Thanks in advance.

Mod Note : Chat and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Aditya : 10th January 2017 at 07:43.
sgmuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2017, 12:23   #1609
BHPian

Smile Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
I have taken delivery of Trend 2.2 AT, initially booked Innova Crysta Zx/AT but the mouthwatering discounts on Endeavor pulled me as I drive myself and really don't like Taxi image of Innova(it was more of family decision than mine initially). Now I listened to heart than brain and bought Endy.
Thanks to the forum to make this decision, though I am not much active participant but learnt a lot from this forum.
If anyone care, I have got the price of 26.3 (including insurance/zero-dip which bought outside). You can use this price in your negotiation and may get better price as we entered to 2017 now.
in the same boat brother was initially logging onto a crysta gxat which is absolutley naked costing 19.4 otr in UP and calculations began that will need to spend about 50 k on audio about 20 k on seats and another 20 k on addtions . comes to roughly 20.3 . Compared with mouth watering price of endy 3.2 at trend which is 26.7 as quoted . could not think much and the saying beg borrow or steal but get endy.
Deepu Sharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2017, 14:56   #1610
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepu Sharma View Post
in the same boat brother was initially logging onto a crysta gxat which is absolutley naked costing 19.4 otr in UP and calculations began that will need to spend about 50 k on audio about 20 k on seats and another 20 k on addtions . comes to roughly 20.3 . Compared with mouth watering price of endy 3.2 at trend which is 26.7 as quoted . could not think much and the saying beg borrow or steal but get endy.

That's true. The audio system in Endy is much better than innova and you don't need any upgrade.
3.2 Trend for 26.7 is awesome deal, only thing you should consider mileage (if you really care).

I am getting 9.2 to 10 in City. (2.2 one).
The USP of Endy is silent cabin and don't care road attitude, what I don't like:
- key (my wife i10 grand has remote key)
- no option of adding front sensors (thinking to get camera installed).

BTW, did anyone tried bird view camera setup (4 cameras each side and super impose picture to single display unit). I didn't find any review in our accessories section.
niv26 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2017, 16:40   #1611
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Compared with mouth watering price of endy 3.2 at trend which is 26.7 as quoted
+

Quote:
3.2 Trend for 26.7 is awesome deal
Pardon my ignorance, is 3.2L engine available in Trend variant?!

I thought it was available in Titanium only?
a4anurag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2017, 16:54   #1612
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
+

Yes. For the first time, I stood corrected on a showroom floor. The SM knowing me showed it on his laptop
3.2 doesn't have MT and has 4X4.
Sheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2017, 17:15   #1613
BHPian

I have been following this thread for a while now. Primarily because I am planning to get a 7 seater 4wd suv, although not in the immediate future.

The requirement of 7 seats is because we are a family of 5 adults and a 4 year old, which on occasion swells to 6 adults when my MIL comes visiting.

And the requirement of 4wd because I am a trekking buff, and keep heading to the high hills from Delhi almost on a monthly / bi monthly basis. In the last year or so, my drives to places like badrinath, munsiyari, uttarkashi have convinced me on the requirement of a 4wd.

I was also looking at Hexa and Xuv, but am not considering them now as they lack the 4L capability. Although I wont be buying a 4wd to be a part of the offroad events where 4L is a critical requirement, I am beginning to believe that if its a 4wd i need, I might as well go the whole distance and get myself a true offroader and not soft off road awd vehicles. I may however be wrong in this and would appreciate inputs of all types.

As regards endeavour, I am inclined towards the trend 2.2 4x4 MT. Ruling out 3.2 as of now, primarily because of its high fuel consumption.

Would have loved a 2.2 4x4 Titanium, as I really would love the 6/7 airbags.
As regards auto tranny, would request views on is it a must have? Or is the MT good enough. May look at the 3.2 4x4 trend based on inputs.

Ruling out 3.2 titanium as it would a looonngg stretch for me budget wise.

Cheers.

Last edited by GTO : 15th January 2017 at 11:44. Reason: Language
nvldvr is online now   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 9th January 2017, 19:14   #1614

Default Dilemma of purchasing a 2017 model or 2016

Hi fellow BHPians hope you guys can give me your 2 cents on my query regarding booking this beast. I am in the market for a 2.2 Titanium endy as I will hardly be doing any off roading and will mostly use the SUV for city driving to conquer the behemoth potholes and uneven roads in my city (Delhi NCR). I wanted to book a 2017 model endy but the dealers are pushing me to take the 2016 model and stating that if I want the 2017 model then they are not sure when will it be delivered and what the price is going to be as its up for revision. I am opting for the 2017 model as first and obvious reason that it'll be a current year model and I am getting only 50k discount on the 2016 model, so couldn't make much sense of it. I am wondering if I should take the dealers word for the price hike and non commitment of delivery date or gamble on to purchasing the 2017 model itself hoping for a quick delivery and non increment in price.

I have never purchased a car in January so really don't know how there booking systems work. Will appreciate any experience laid upon me.

Thanks
Arjz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2017, 20:04   #1615
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

3.2L 4x4 AT has always been available in Trend and Titanium. Nobody looks at the Trend 3.2 as they prefer the 2.2 Titanium AT which has all bells and whistles.

For the enthusiast who cannot stretch the 3.2 AT Trend is a fantastic package

Last edited by Vid6639 : 10th January 2017 at 08:43. Reason: typo
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2017, 06:10   #1616
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

For the enthusiast who cannot stretch the 3.2 AT Titanium is a fantastic package

Do you mean 2.2 AT Titanium or 3.2 AT Trend?
Axe77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2017, 08:43   #1617
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Do you mean 2.2 AT Titanium or 3.2 AT Trend?
Corrected to Trend

Only thing the Trend misses out are the additional airbags. You even get the SYNC system and power tail gate!

Ford just needs to do one thing for the Endeavour in India and that's to get the all black interiors.

Last edited by moralfibre : 10th January 2017 at 09:09. Reason: As per RP
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2017, 13:17   #1618
BHPian

Default Re: Dilemma of purchasing a 2017 model or 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjz View Post
Hi fellow BHPians hope you guys can give me your 2 cents on my query regarding booking this beast. I am in the market for a 2.2 Titanium endy as I will hardly be doing any off roading and will mostly use the SUV for city driving to conquer the behemoth potholes and uneven roads in my city (Delhi NCR). I wanted to book a 2017 model endy but the dealers are pushing me to take the 2016 model and stating that if I want the 2017 model then they are not sure when will it be delivered and what the price is going to be as its up for revision. I am opting for the 2017 model as first and obvious reason that it'll be a current year model and I am getting only 50k discount on the 2016 model, so couldn't make much sense of it. I am wondering if I should take the dealers word for the price hike and non commitment of delivery date or gamble on to purchasing the 2017 model itself hoping for a quick delivery and non increment in price.

I have never purchased a car in January so really don't know how there booking systems work. Will appreciate any experience laid upon me.

Thanks
hi in case you have not booked discounts on trend models easily upto 2.5 lacs and can be bargained with dealers for more only on 16 models . go for it
Deepu Sharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2017, 14:18   #1619
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Only thing the Trend misses out are the additional airbags...
A big miss at that!! How can Ford cut corners on safety on a 30 lac car is what I fail to understand.
cool_dube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2017, 14:53   #1620

Default Re: Dilemma of purchasing a 2017 model or 2016

Quote:
hi in case you have not booked discounts on trend models easily upto 2.5 lacs and can be bargained with dealers for more only on 16 models . go for it
I really don't want the trend model to be honest as I'll be driving it on daily basis almost 80km and want the premium feel of titanium with the black roof, leather clad dashboard, sync 3, front sensors and especially the airbags. I think all these things are essential for me so trend would be out of the question.
Arjz is offline   Reply With Quote