Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2017, 19:38   #1786
Senior - BHPian
 
ecosport rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,075
Thanked: 1,339 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha.muvva View Post
Even I am facing this problem of slight whistling sound above 90-100 kmph. But I hear it Only when the music if 'OFF". So, living with it for now.
On a different note, heard of a transmission failure in one endeavour from my service centre. They told that it was drivers mistake and he slotted into 'Reverse' when the vehicle was in motion (I am not sure if its 100% or not). However they changed the gearbox under warranty and price for the same is Rs 4,00,000/-
The whistling sound is due to the design and they have incorporated the active noise cancellation and other insulations to prevent the same from being heard.
Looks like it is not helping much

Which service centre Harsha.muvva?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
I think the entire unit will cost a bomb but if you get single component then it will not be costly. The challenge however is whether the service centers are equipped to fix these modern Auto Transmissions.

I am not surprised that a driver did such a mistake - and just remember this while giving the car to valet because i see them rough handling the cars with these stunts.

However, I was reading what if such a situation happens. If reverse is slotted in a modern auto gearbox transmission while in motion and it seems the cars do have "reverse inhibit options" Need to figure if the Endeavour comes with these options or not. Can experts guide here ?

More details here
You are right, modern transmissions prevent this mishap of engaging reverse when the vehicle is moving forward.
Toyota insists on using a gated kind of gear shifter for the same reason, but I am not sure how true that is.

Other experts here can throw some light on this issue

Last edited by ecosport rules : 13th February 2017 at 19:40.
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2017, 19:47   #1787
BHPian
 
nareshtrao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 404
Thanked: 298 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
The whistling sound is due to the design and they have incorporated the active noise cancellation and other insulations to prevent the same from being heard.
Looks like it is not helping much
Thinking aloud - for tech guys to further brainstorm - is it possible that this is an issue with Active Noise Cancellation in some vehicles and not something external to vehicle? Perhaps all vehicles have this noise but only those with Noise Cancellation working well (read properly) is this sorted. Saying this because I have never heard this noise even at speeds upward of 140.

And again thinking aloud - is it being heard by those who drive with windows down only? Or in other cases too? Again, saying this as I never drive with windows down and hence probably never heard it though it is there.

Just adding some thoughts as I know how bothering an issue can be with a new vehicle we fondly possess.
nareshtrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2017, 20:31   #1788
Senior - BHPian
 
ecosport rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,075
Thanked: 1,339 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
Thinking aloud - for tech guys to further brainstorm - is it possible that this is an issue with Active Noise Cancellation in some vehicles and not something external to vehicle? Perhaps all vehicles have this noise but only those with Noise Cancellation working well (read properly) is this sorted. Saying this because I have never heard this noise even at speeds upward of 140.

And again thinking aloud - is it being heard by those who drive with windows down only? Or in other cases too? Again, saying this as I never drive with windows down and hence probably never heard it though it is there.

Just adding some thoughts as I know how bothering an issue can be with a new vehicle we fondly possess.
Very interesting points to ponder about ,Nareshtrao.

Glad to know that your Endeavour is not plagued with this issue
ecosport rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2017, 20:46   #1789
BHPian
 
PrideRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: BLR/PTR
Posts: 827
Thanked: 1,145 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
Thinking aloud - for tech guys to further brainstorm - is it possible that this is an issue with Active Noise Cancellation in some vehicles and not something external to vehicle? Perhaps all vehicles have this noise but only those with Noise Cancellation working well (read properly) is this sorted. Saying this because I have never heard this noise even at speeds upward of 140.

And again thinking aloud - is it being heard by those who drive with windows down only? Or in other cases too? Again, saying this as I never drive with windows down and hence probably never heard it though it is there.

Just adding some thoughts as I know how bothering an issue can be with a new vehicle we fondly possess.
This is mostly the turbo kicking in and nothing to do with Noise cancellation or any other issue. I have the similar sound coming in my Ecosport as well. The sound typically occurs when you are cruising at 60-80Km/Hr and up the ante to 90-110Km/Hr in 6th gear. Surprised that people find this irritating as I love hearing the sound!
Yes the sound is more prevalent when you roll the windows down and switch off the music system. You won't hear this once you pick up speed.

Last edited by PrideRed : 13th February 2017 at 20:49.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2017, 20:51   #1790
BHPian
 
harsha.muvva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: hyderabad
Posts: 227
Thanked: 341 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
I think the entire unit will cost a bomb but if you get single component then it will not be costly. The challenge however is whether the service centers are equipped to fix these modern Auto Transmissions.
Yes indeed. 4L is the price for Transmission + Converter (that is how it was mentioned on the box) and part number being 'FB3Z 7000 D'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
The whistling sound is due to the design and they have incorporated the active noise cancellation and other insulations to prevent the same from being heard.
Looks like it is not helping much
I dont think insulation has got anything to do with it. One more thing, I am sure that 95% of drivers/passengers will ever notice this. Its Audible only when there is pindrop silence in the car and speeds above 100 kmph. Very mild tone. Our car has done approximately 25k kms till now including multiple 500km/per day rides. No one apart me from me has noticed/reported it. Sometimes even I wonder if i am just imagining this

To put in a better perspective, I happened to drive a Mercedes GLE 250d for around 100 kms and felt Endeavour is better insulated or silent than the Merc. Also both our Vento and Innova used to make a racket. Vento mainly wind noise which i think from wing mirrors and Innova due to the noisy engine

Quote:
Which service centre Harsha.muvva?
Fortune Ford, Tolichowki.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
Saying this because I have never heard this noise even at speeds upward of 140.

And again thinking aloud - is it being heard by those who drive with windows down only? Or in other cases too? Again, saying this as I never drive with windows down and hence probably never heard it though it is there.

Just adding some thoughts as I know how bothering an issue can be with a new vehicle we fondly possess.
Never driven the car with windows down and have comfortably done long highway drives on 4 lane roads at decent speeds. I dont think its because of Active Noise cancellation. Like I mentioned already, dont bother much as most of the people wont even notice it. Also i see no point in putting too much of effort in chasing down that noise as the car is other-wise perfectly silent and very very very refined.
Next time when you are on a highway, maintain absolute silence in the car and then observe as you climb the speed.
harsha.muvva is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2017, 23:17   #1791
Senior - BHPian
 
ecosport rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,075
Thanked: 1,339 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha.muvva View Post
Yes indeed. 4L is the price for Transmission + Converter (that is how it was mentioned on the box) and part number being 'FB3Z 7000 D'
========
Fantastic observations Harsha
Good to know that you are a happy owner.

Any other minor issues or niggles with the Endeavour?

Last edited by khan_sultan : 15th February 2017 at 15:50. Reason: Edited quoted post for better readability
ecosport rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2017, 00:42   #1792
BHPian
 
harsha.muvva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: hyderabad
Posts: 227
Thanked: 341 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Fantastic observations Harsha
Good to know that you are a happy owner.

Any other minor issues or niggles with the Endeavour?
Nothing apart from the FM radio issue for which is a software bug and already the showroom guys informed me that an update is available and I can get it done at my convenience. The only thing which i am worried and not happy is about the 'Extended warranty'. Our estimated usage of endeavour will be approximately 45,000 to 50,000 kms per annum which means their so called extended warranty (1,00,000 kms/3 years) is nothing but a joke. There will be good number of people who are shopping in this segment with similar usage as ours, If not more. I just hope they provide a warranty of 2,00,000/5 years which is more or less similar to what toyota offers. I have already mailed Ford India regarding this, But no positive response as of now
harsha.muvva is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2017, 00:56   #1793
Senior - BHPian
 
ecosport rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,075
Thanked: 1,339 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha.muvva View Post
Nothing apart from the FM radio issue for which is a software bug and already the showroom guys informed me that an update is available and I can get it done at my convenience. The only thing which i am worried and not happy is about the 'Extended warranty'. Our estimated usage of endeavour will be approximately 45,000 to 50,000 kms per annum which means their so called extended warranty (1,00,000 kms/3 years) is nothing but a joke: There will be good number of people who are shopping in this segment with similar usage as ours, If not more. I just hope they provide a warranty of 2,00,000/5 years which is more or less similar to what toyota offers. I have already mailed Ford India regarding this, But no positive response as of now
Definitely agree with you on the extended warranty,it should have been atleast for 5 years.

Which mail id have you used to communicate to Ford?
Did you talk to Babukhan of Fortune Ford about this issue?

Even Hyundai gives 3 year unlimited mileage warranty nowadays .

What was Ford thinking?

Last edited by ecosport rules : 14th February 2017 at 00:58.
ecosport rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2017, 01:55   #1794
BHPian
 
harsha.muvva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: hyderabad
Posts: 227
Thanked: 341 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Which mail id have you used to communicate to Ford?
Did you talk to Babukhan of Fortune Ford about this issue?

Even Hyundai gives 3 year unlimited mileage warranty nowadays .

What was Ford thinking?
I have mailed them on 'custmail@ford.com'. I haven't taken up regarding this to the service centre guys. Moreover I dont think they will be able to be of much help as it is a decision which need to be take by the Ford management. Anyways will put the word across whenever I go to service next time
harsha.muvva is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2017, 07:58   #1795
BHPian
 
samaspire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Manipal / Udupi
Posts: 939
Thanked: 2,222 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha.muvva View Post
I have mailed them on 'custmail@ford.com'.

Anyways will put the word across whenever I go to service next time
The best way to contact Ford is through their Facebook page or by calling directly. (But I don't think they can help with policy matters like extending warranty. No harm in trying though).

I have found that they will call you back if you post a complaint / message directly on Facebook. And they are very responsive to issues.
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2017, 08:09   #1796
Senior - BHPian
 
ecosport rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,075
Thanked: 1,339 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
This is mostly the turbo kicking in and nothing to do with Noise cancellation or any other issue. I have the similar sound coming in my Ecosport as well. The sound typically occurs when you are cruising at 60-80Km/Hr and up the ante to 90-110Km/Hr in 6th gear. Surprised that people find this irritating as I love hearing the sound!
Yes the sound is more prevalent when you roll the windows down and switch off the music system. You won't hear this once you pick up speed.
Turbo spool whistle is always pleasent.

I am Surprised to note that Ecosport also makes a similar sound,somehow missed noticing it.(may be because I always drive with windows closed)

Will surely check this out soon.

Thanks!
ecosport rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2017, 08:18   #1797
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: chennai
Posts: 8
Thanked: 5 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

I never drive with the windows down and it's not the whistling noise that comes once the turbo kicks in. And it does persist even as I cross 140. However subtle it may be, but still hard to ignore. I am sure its the wind seeping in somewhere. But not able to figure out where.! But what's surprising is that it stops for a few minutes after the rain.
ruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2017, 09:35   #1798
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Bangalore,Kochi
Posts: 114
Thanked: 307 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha.muvva View Post
Never driven the car with windows down and have comfortably done long highway drives on 4 lane roads at decent speeds. I dont think its because of Active Noise cancellation. Like I mentioned already, dont bother much as most of the people wont even notice it. Also i see no point in putting too much of effort in chasing down that noise as the car is other-wise perfectly silent and very very very refined.
Next time when you are on a highway, maintain absolute silence in the car and then observe as you climb the speed.
Now that you have put forth something that is keeping some tech minds sleepless, would it be possible for you to record this 'whistling' noise. I am almost imagining using some mobile app like a sound meter to roughly get the 'location' of the noise. That is one driver and a sound technician moving around inside with a smart phone.
Once the rough direction or location is known, then the gurus here probably can help further.
In the mean time, check these videos:

Ford F350 wind noise solution


Toyota wind noise due to door seal

Last edited by Czarcarsm : 14th February 2017 at 09:46.
Czarcarsm is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2017, 10:30   #1799
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Kanchipuram
Posts: 171
Thanked: 66 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Hi, I have fixed a 20 inch LED bar on my number plate holes, no problems. Planning to fix a 9 inch LED , quite heavy , now. Any suggestions about the clamp design, where to fix, how to bring it from the chassis, anything will be helpful TIA.
drjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2017, 13:48   #1800
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: TVM, BLR, HYD
Posts: 584
Thanked: 757 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Ford's latest on the facebook page. I don't know how they calculate but Ford says maintenance cost is 0.72 per km for the 3.2 & 0.68 per km for the 2.2, then every 10k its Rs.7200 & 6800 respectively. And the bottom of the screen it says Rs. 5933. Or some other math involved ?

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-16684069_1360800340638578_5377583275283327610_n.jpg
sunishsamuel is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Preview: Ford Endeavour S2!!! Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 849 16th February 2016 16:25
First official pics-2011 Ford ranger/ Endeavour sidindica The International Automotive Scene 9 28th May 2013 11:53


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:54.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks