Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 24th April 2017, 10:30   #2131
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
Went to the event yesterday.

Terrain Tigers managed the off roading part. Rahul from Terrain Tigers was my guide/driver. A young gentleman who is very polite and friendly. He was kind enough to also explain various off-roading techniques and how to use ).
Awesome Sunish
Glad you were able to attend the event.Was in Chennai else I would have joined you.

Please do share some videos and pictures

And yes the demand is huge for the 3.2 titanium
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2017, 13:07   #2132
BHPian

Video of the drive posted on YouTube. Credits to the uploader
sunishsamuel is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2017, 14:22   #2133
BHPian

i just wish to know if Ford plans to conduct a similar drive in Pune. Any update about the dates will be highly appreciated. Thankyou.
architkarpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2017, 14:26   #2134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pajero4me View Post

Whether to change back your headlight high beam bulbs before you take your vehicle to the service center purely depends on how knowledgeable your SA is. I would say that you change it back in order to avoid any possible distractions.Some are too ignorant and may hang on to this as a potential cause to divert from the main issue. Ultimately the truth will prevail, but then you would be left with the famous frustrating feeling of 'Wrestling in the mud with a pig' which needless to say your SA would thoroughly enjoy...
Thankyou for your advise i got my motor replaced under warranty no questions asked by the SA. He just took the car in the workshop clicked pictures. Must have sent them to Ford (I guess) got my beast back in two days.
architkarpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2017, 15:35   #2135
BANNED

20 days more for my beast to arrive. I can spot lot of Endeavours on road nowadays. Is this due to my eyes trying to look out for Endy desperately.

Need Suggestion on below points:

1. Which paint protection to go for considering the environment in Delhi?

2. I want to change my fog lamp and high beam to white. Can I ask Ford to install them before delivery?

3. Did anyone upgraded the music system? I didn't found the specifications of the components in complete thread. I assume 4 speakers + 4 Tweeters + 1 woofer + 1 center speaker. Is there any amplifier too?
roby_dk is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2017, 19:09   #2136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
1. Which paint protection to go for considering the environment in Delhi?

2. I want to change my fog lamp and high beam to white. Can I ask Ford to install them before delivery?

3. Did anyone upgraded the music system? I didn't found the specifications of the components in complete thread. I assume 4 speakers + 4 Tweeters + 1 woofer + 1 center speaker. Is there any amplifier too?
Congratulations. Indeed a good buy.

1. 3M should do. Take it directly from the show room / next day so that they can do before the swirl marks start forming else they will have to rub off some paint

2. See thread many pages underneath - Options are there. I have upgraded both to Osram and Philips respectively

3. The OEM system is quite good - better than good so no point spending and messing with wires. Yes - it has 10 speakers / SubW and Amp too.
nareshtrao is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2017, 21:08   #2137
BHPian

Default Endeavour vs Tigaun vs BMW/Merc (same price models or 3-4 lakhs higher)

Hello Endy Lovers,

I am also crazy about the car and would request all of yours invaluable suggestions.

I am confused why aren't people talking about the classy and premium Tiguan as compared to Jeep Compass (I have no feelings for the car)?

Also won't Tiguan be a hoot and luxurious to own and drive, given it comes with 177 horses? Yes, the 3 rd row is NOT there. What would be the pros and cons if we compare Tiguan and Endeavour?

Also I am confused whether to go with Endy or spent some few lakhs (around 4-5) and get a BMW or Merc?

Please help in detail as I am really confused

Thanks!
pc1686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2017, 22:21   #2138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Which paint protection to go for considering the environment in Delhi?
I have done PPF on mine Carbon Black X5, it cost a Lac but is completely worth. Not only it will keep your paint fresh but also protect paint from small nudges.

Quote:
I want to change my fog lamp and high beam to white. Can I ask Ford to install them before delivery? [/b]
I don't think they will do but you can get this done from any of accessory shops.

Quote:
I assume 4 speakers + 4 Tweeters + 1 woofer + 1 center speaker. Is there any amplifier too?
I won't suggest tinkering with Sync3 as it controls a lot of things, not just Audio. The sound from stock is very nice, especially when hooked with iPhone or android source say Spotify.

Quote:
I am confused whether to go with Endy or spent some few lakhs (around 4-5) and get a BMW or Merc
Again from my own usage and experience, Endeavour is close to x5 or GLE which I Doubt you can get by spending few lakhs. Smaller Germans won't be anywhere close. Go ahead with FORD if you don't have any space / parking issues.
Turbanator is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2017, 07:39   #2139
BHPian

Default Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc1686 View Post
Hello Endy Lovers,

Nice time to be in the market for an SUV. Tiguan should be available at the showrooms in a couple of weeks. Check it out. Jeep will take a couple of months. Yes each one has their own preferences and so probably you like the Tiguan better.

You definitely won't get a GLE for a few lakhs more. The cheapest GLE I know was a unregistered 3.5 k kms run at 64 lakhs OTR Bangalore. The GLA is no comparison to the Endeavour. Mercedes has release the GLA in 4matic but not sure if it can hold a candle to the Endy. Also to service costs will be 2-3X for the premium Germans.

At the moment Endy seems the perfect SUV on our soil. It's only the size which I think is a negative in our city and driving condition. The Jeep on the other hand will have the advantage of size along with all the Endy capabilities. Tiguan should be a capable SUV and will probably cost as much as the Endy, but I personally don't like the way it looks.

Wait a couple of months. August will be the right time when both the Tiguan and the Jeep will be on road.

Last edited by bblost : 26th April 2017 at 14:58. Reason: Reduced size of quoted post.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2017, 11:51   #2140
BANNED

Default Re: Endeavour vs Tigaun vs BMW/Merc (same price models or 3-4 lakhs higher)

Quote:
Also I am confused whether to go with Endy or spent some few lakhs (around 4-5) and get a BMW or Merc?
I was also in same dilemma and did some investigation before finalizing my decision. The big Germans are too far if you want a similar and capable vehicle like Endeavour. It has to be GLE,Q7,X5,Land Rover etc. and I don't think you can get them by adding 5-10 Lakhs to Endy's price.

If you are open for entry level Germans in 5 seat configuration and are crazy for the premium badges you can go forward else there is no way you can rule out Endeavour.
roby_dk is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2017, 13:50   #2141
BHPian

Default Re: Endeavour vs Tigaun vs BMW/Merc (same price models or 3-4 lakhs higher)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
I was also in same dilemma and did some investigation before finalizing my decision. The big Germans are too far if you want a similar and capable vehicle like Endeavour. It has to be GLE,Q7,X5,Land Rover etc. and I don't think you can get them by adding 5-10 Lakhs to Endy's price.

If you are open for entry level Germans in 5 seat configuration and are crazy for the premium badges you can go forward else there is no way you can rule out Endeavour.
Hey Roby,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Does the Endeavour gives the same pleasure in terms of driving, luxury gadgetry, ease of drive, comfort level etc as the big Germans?

What do you think about the Tiguan? Rumour has it that it is coming in 144 PS (would have loved the 177 horses though). Do you think 144 PS will be as fun and luxurious to drive?

When are you getting your Endy?
pc1686 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2017, 13:59   #2142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post

Again from my own usage and experience, Endeavour is close to x5 or GLE which I Doubt you can get by spending few lakhs. Smaller Germans won't be anywhere close. Go ahead with FORD if you don't have any space / parking issues.
Thanks for the insight Turbanator

How is the ease of driving the New Endy? Is the size a hassle to drive in a Tier 2 city? NOT a city like Bangalore or Delhi! I am really excited when you compared it with the X5 and the GLE. I am NOT a badge lover anyway, just want a hoot to drive car which is luxurious and capable. Does it come with Navigation inbuilt now?

Do you think the upcoming Tiguan will be comparable in terms of pleasure, luxury and fun to drive quotient given that it is only coming with 144 horses and NOT 177?

Kindly share more thoughts
pc1686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2017, 14:48   #2143
BANNED

Quote:
Does the Endeavour gives the same pleasure in terms of driving, luxury gadgetry, ease of drive, comfort level etc as the big Germans?
Endeavour definitely has the power and is much better than its competition but at the same time I will not say it can provide you the exactly same experience like big Germans. But you have to be ready to spend a good amount for them say 70-80L + maintenance cost will be much higher.

Quote:
What do you think about the Tiguan? Rumour has it that it is coming in 144 PS (would have loved the 177 horses though). Do you think 144 PS will be as fun and luxurious to drive?
Not sure though but I think Tiguan will be competing with Tucson or CRV. Endeavour being full size BOF SUV and having much bigger engine can't be compared.

Its a personal choice as well as one might find easy to drive a compact SUV. I don't have any problem with dimensions and I never claim Safari as a big vehicle. When bus & trucks use the same road I don't think we should bother about the size of our SUV's.

Quote:
When are you getting your Endy?
15-May is the delivery date, few weeks left now.
roby_dk is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2017, 23:29   #2144
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Dear All Endeavour Titanium Owners

According to me auto high beam in auto lamp mode do not exist.
The manual does talk about it but I did not find light under settings>vehicle option in MID, as said in manual.

Intially I thought it could be software issue in mine but Ford official review photograph of MID also do not show option of light.

I would love to get myself corrected.
Wanderers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2017, 13:59   #2145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
Dear All Endeavour Titanium Owners

According to me auto high beam in auto lamp mode do not exist.
The manual does talk about it but I did not find light under settings>vehicle option in MID, as said in manual.

Intially I thought it could be software issue in mine but Ford official review photograph of MID also do not show option of light.

I would love to get myself corrected.
As I know there is only Auto on/off and Auto leveling. I don't think Endeavour has a feature to automatically switch between high and low beam.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote