Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 2nd March 2016, 09:23   #211
BHPian

Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
Dealers are now trying to convince customers to change the booking to the Trend version, instead of the Titanium. Looks like Trend (3.2 AT) is available for delivery immediately, whereas Titanium lead times are in the range of 60-90 days (and there is no guarantee)

I am seriously thinking should i wait further (I have been waiting from Sep 2015 thinking i can lay hands on the Ford by Jan/Feb 2016) or go for the Trend or may be consider Fortuner again. All their sales pitch during the launch event seems to be a big lie, the executives then promised that 45 days is the max customers should wait for the car.
I booked last month and have no such request from the dealer. However, their earlier commitment of delivery prior to Mar 31 seems to be faltering. Earlier they were asking me to release the rest of the amount but lately they have stopped following up and also not very firm on delivery date.

I will wait for 60 days from my booking and then take a call. I will cancel the booking and go ahead with another vehicle.
nareshtrao is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2016, 10:01   #212
BHPian

Saw the Endy 3.2 on road and it looks HUGE!! The lack of the mounted spare wheel at the back though robs it of the terrific presence that the last gen Endeavour had, or rather still has!!!

It did effortlessly catch up with vehicles though and the owner seemed to be enjoying the drive
arvind71181 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2016, 17:47   #213
BHPian

Chennai dealer is also indicating huge delays in Titanium 4x4 At variants. He has some trend variants available immediately. This confirms my suspicion that the Top end variant is mainly there for the halo effect and pull people in - Ford never really planned to sell it in any volumes in my view. The same kits can be diverted to other markets like Australia and South Africa for better profit realization considering they are priced much higher in dollar terms there, especially with recent rupee depreciation.
84.monsoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2016, 23:24   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
Look at one in your IRVM and you’ll know what I’m talking about. It does impose!
Maybe it was the boring and common silver color. My first sighting of the new Endeavour was this evening and on the ORVM. The day time running led's is what caught my attention of an unfamiliar looking SUV. I tried to keep sight of it as long as I could. Took a good look at it from the rear quarter angle while stationary at a traffic light. When we got going, I stayed on the parallel lane. I like to observe a car when its on the move. To me, the Endeavour is not as imposing to look at in person. The pictures suggest quite the opposite, big and brawny.

Quote:
18” rims are standard across the range.
I wish a set of 19" or 20" rims were on offer based on the trim you picked. The 18" are about okay for the Endeavour.

Quote:
I’d rate the Endeavour highly in terms of handling.
Pretty much in line with the old Endeavours. None of them were scary to drive. The old one was harsh in terms of ride but sort of compensated by means of having a very communicative chassis. Provided you did not do silly speeds, the driver was well aware of what the car was doing.

Quote:
I switched the car off in Bluetooth mode, but it booted up with the radio playing
I have observed this behavior on other cars too, running a stock head unit. This happens because of the slight delay in the pairing process. The delay results in the system moving on to the next available source, which could be radio, aux or cd. Little you can do about it.

I recall the year 2002-2003 when myself and FM tharian attended a Ford drive event at Palace Grounds. I took the wheel of the Mondeo 2l petrol. Tharian took the wheel of the Endeavour and was fortunate to be assisted by Jagat Nanjappa! The short off road track (Made up), gave us a pretty good idea of what the Endeavour can do. From this day on, I've been a fan of this beast. Ford India's sedans were from the UK line up, the Endeavour was the brash American and surprisingly, drove well too.

The Endeavour is a sure winner for Ford India. This is the best looking and most interesting Ford in a long long time.

Once again, a detailed and well written review.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 2nd March 2016 at 23:25.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2016, 11:20   #215

As usual a great review of the Macho Endeavour. I just love this new design and with a host of advanced features, am sure it will be a game changer for Ford.
vprajagopal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2016, 12:24   #216

Had a good look at the new Endeavor or the Everest as its called in Thailand while I was there for new years holiday! While the car has a lot of street presence (specially with the bigger rims on offer there) id say it would be wise to wait for the new Fortuner and inspite of the mess the company is in, the new Pajero Sport. Had a good look at both these cars in Bangkok and I kid you not, while the Fortuner has gone the Lexus way (which is no bad thing) its the Pajero which takes the cake when it comes to road presence and styling out of the three! Considering the brand value factor in India, id say wait for the new Fortuner to come in and then take a call! No doubt the Endy is a superb effort from Ford specially the safety kit on offer, which will actually force other manufacturers to offer more in terms of safety kit yet, currently being a proud owner of a Fortuner auto, id say Ford doesn't even come close when it comes to peace of mind during ownership and specially when it comes to the astronomical pricing of spares which Ford is famous for! We also have a first generation Endy 4x4 in the family and over these ten years we have driven it over 1,50,000 kms which have always been marred with frequent clutch overhauls and suspension repairs to name a few and boy are the spares overpriced!
Benipal0006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2016, 13:36   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipal0006 View Post
...its the Pajero which takes the cake when it comes to road presence and styling out of the three! Considering the brand value factor in India, id say wait for the new Fortuner to come in and then take a call!
I agree - the capability the new Pajero has (as far as the reports I could check out online) seems to be really great. Only problem is the rear end design - not the best.

Quote:
No doubt the Endy is a superb effort from Ford specially the safety kit on offer, which will actually force other manufacturers to offer more in terms of safety kit yet, currently being a proud owner of a Fortuner auto, id say Ford doesn't even come close when it comes to peace of mind during ownership and specially when it comes to the astronomical pricing of spares which Ford is famous for! We also have a first generation Endy 4x4 in the family and over these ten years we have driven it over 1,50,000 kms which have always been marred with frequent clutch overhauls and suspension repairs to name a few and boy are the spares overpriced!
Wow - never knew the problems Ford had - I gather that is why nobody bought Fords here!

This is why I am probably going with a Fortuner for now - waiting until the dust settles in the next year...

Jeep is also in the frenzy, but way overpriced.

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy : 4th March 2016 at 13:37.
SuperFlyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2016, 14:02   #218
BHPian

Quote:
currently being a proud owner of a Fortuner auto, id say Ford doesn't even come close when it comes to peace of mind during ownership and specially when it comes to the astronomical pricing of spares which Ford is famous for! We also have a first generation Endy 4x4 in the family and over these ten years we have driven it over 1,50,000 kms which have always been marred with frequent clutch overhauls and suspension repairs to name a few and boy are the spares overpriced!
I disagree with you on the part that spares from ford have been overpriced. My first car was a Ikon present is the new fiesta and have booked a endy for my dad. I request you to compare prices for the same spares for cars in the same segment. Quality of material is way better than maruti. My was of looking at things All good quality things come with a price. be it cars, spares or clothes or accessorizes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
Dealers are now trying to convince customers to change the booking to the Trend version, instead of the Titanium. Looks like Trend (3.2 AT) is available for delivery immediately, whereas Titanium lead times are in the range of 60-90 days (and there is no guarantee)

I am seriously thinking should i wait further (I have been waiting from Sep 2015 thinking i can lay hands on the Ford by Jan/Feb 2016) or go for the Trend or may be consider Fortuner again. All their sales pitch during the launch event seems to be a big lie, the executives then promised that 45 days is the max customers should wait for the car.
I got a call from Sai Sakshi Ford Pune to know if i was interested in buying the 2.2 AT. they said they had one in stock and would be delivered imediately. I said NO and insisted on 3.2 Titanium which i booked on 23rd Jan.

Last edited by ampere : 5th March 2016 at 23:08. Reason: Back to back posts merged
architkarpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2016, 14:35   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architkarpe View Post
I got a call from Sai Sakshi Ford Pune to know if i was interested in buying the 2.2 AT. they said they had one in stock and would be delivered imediately. I said NO and insisted on 3.2 Titanium which i booked on 23rd Jan.
Same from the Ford dealer I have been working with - he is telling me to take a Trend instead of the Fortuner...
Old 4th March 2016, 14:46   #220

I also have the same philosophy but let me put it this way, not all things that come at a price are worth it ! Ill give you an example, we tend to keep our cars with us till the maximum possible time (which is now ten and fifteen years for diesel and petrol vehicles respectively in Delhi thanks to the NGT) and they have been from different manufacturers over time! Now our CRV auto being a jap made car has run 120000 kms till date and has only had three major issues so far in its life (touchwood) 1) power steering pump 2) front and rear shockers 3) AC condenser. No doubt at almost 75000 plus taxes and labour for a new set of shocks its expensive, but iv run around 30000 kms after the change and not a squeak from the parts changed! Now that's quality which does come at a price! Coming to the Endy, 4 clutch overhauls, all shockers changed twice in 150000 kms , turbo packed up, Ac compressor and condenser packed up and not to mention of the power window switches and the list could go on! I have got the repairs done from authorized Ford workshops using genuine spares obviously but if the parts were indeed of such high quality I ask myself shouldn't they last the same as parts from Honda or Toyota? Agreed Ford has now started over the counter sale of parts but still they have a long long way to go when it comes to dishing out trouble free vehicles which are of the same quality levels as a Honda or a Toyota!
Benipal0006 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2016, 20:00   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
Same from the Ford dealer I have been working with - he is telling me to take a Trend instead of the Fortuner...
If i am not wrong trend is still better equipped than the fortuner
Old 5th March 2016, 20:21   #222
BHPian

Quote:
If i am not wrong trend is still better equipped than the fortuner
That's what the Ford dealer says also!

Rather take a proven product (with black leather interior) right now rather than compromise on something that has been rushed to market - and where Ford has no clue what they are doing.

Goodness only knows what spares they have in stock if anything goes wrong...

I still believe that the new Endy is a better *and* safer vehicle, but one just wants to get this over and done with for now.

Who knows - maybe the Toyota dealer may not give me the discount I am requesting!

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy : 5th March 2016 at 20:29.
Old 6th March 2016, 19:08   #223
BHPian

I did a test drive of the 3.2 Titanium through Chennai Ford a few days back. Was pleasantly surprised with the suspension and handling. It is leagues better than the old endeavor. No more bouncing up and down when sitting in middle row. Did not have any issues with a lag in the acceleration after pressing the pedal, but I did a city only test drive for about 10kms.

On a scary note, the sales person told me the wait period for the 3.2 Titanium is closer to 7-8 months now. Does anyone have any information on this? That seems like a ridiculous amount of time to wait for a car. We were looking to get delivery by April, and can't wait til almost 2017.
showboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2016, 21:04   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by showboat View Post

On a scary note, the sales person told me the wait period for the 3.2 Titanium is closer to 7-8 months now. Does anyone have any information on this? That seems like a ridiculous amount of time to wait for a car. We were looking to get delivery by April, and can't wait til almost 2017.
No point in keeping the booking amount locked without interest for such a long duration. May be the new fortuner gets launched early next year and you have a choice .

If you have some contacts try to use some pull and pressure for getting an out of turn vehicle.

I have already invested the booking amount in jan and the wait is really frustrating when you have no commitments.
Old 7th March 2016, 02:10   #225
BHPian

Quote:
No point in keeping the booking amount locked without interest for such a long duration. May be the new fortuner gets launched early next year and you have a choice .
Latest info is that the new Fortuner target launch date is in August 2016, but this could get delayed as they have pushed back the new Innova launch as well - which, as I recall from the conversation, was supposed to be in April, but now probably to May/June 2016.

I really wish that Ford would take a more proactive stance here - again keeping quiet... (and are not supporting their dealers?) ...what will customers think??

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy : 7th March 2016 at 02:12.