Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 16th March 2016, 14:24   #301
BHPian

Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by architkarpe View Post
Half of the cars (trends) must be lying with the dealers ready for delivery with no bookings. My dealer says he has trends available for delivery but no titanium and cannot commit any thing on delivery. Frustrating Never waited for a car for so long.

I have my neighbour selling a mercedes c class 2010 model with 40k on the odo for 15 lac. or should i go in for a certified car.

Thankyou
There are some Trend variants lying with most of the dealers. I expect these to move quickly as for a politician/real estate people size and capability is what matters than the feature set. February car sales chart indicate Toyota shipping around 900 copies of Fortuner. Trend version of Endeavour offers more feature than this. I don't see a reason why would not a prospective Fortuner buyer opt for Trend Endeavour.

6 year old Mercedes does not sound like a good option to me. Used Mercedes are known to be expensive to maintain. Why not look for new Octavia/Jetta DSG? If you need SUV and use only front seats most of the time used Fortuner AT is not a bad option, but be aware this product is almost end of life.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2016, 14:28   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Half of the cars (trends) must be lying with the dealers ready for delivery with no bookings. My dealer says he has trends available for delivery but no titanium and cannot commit any thing on delivery.
Could you PM or share which dealer this is?

I am receiving info that a 4x4 3.2 AT Trent would only be available in 2 months from Bhavna, the Nerul/Panvel dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
I emailed some one specific in Sales, he is a senior person and he promptly reverted. He copied couple of other folks and have asked me to give time till Friday for the dealership to revert with the dates. Fingers crossed.
Can you PM me the details?

I would also like to communicate with them if possible, to see what they are actually able to deliver within the next 6-8 months!

Prior to the official announcement, I used to call the Ford Mumbai office, where the watchman (!! ::shock:: !!) would pick up, and close to the time of launch (1-2 weeks prior), the watchman finally advised that "they" (all of Ford Mumbai's company staff, apparently) were out with the car (yes, admitted the Endy at that time) showing it to the dealer workshops...

Amazing organization they have - mostly top-end in Delhi, sucking the profits???

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy : 16th March 2016 at 14:31.
SuperFlyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2016, 17:07   #303
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Half of the cars (trends) must be lying with the dealers ready for delivery with no bookings.
The e-mail exchanges, telephone calls & meetings between dealers & manufacturer would be very interesting as far the ratio of titanium & trend is concerned.
Sheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2016, 21:00   #304
BANNED

Few questions:

1. Can Sync (Sync 2?) play video files?
2. Any tips on how to drive S mode (manual mode) effectively? Will there be any drop in FE if I tend to use S mode always?
3. I am planning for a full plastic floor mate. As the middle row seats has Airbags, I am concerned a bit about doing it. Should I ask the person to take care of something?

Thank you.
agbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2016, 03:40   #305
BHPian

Just saw this white Endy in Fort tonight as I drove past.

(First in South Mumbai for me to date)

Had a red/white rectangular "POLICE" card in the rear windshield.

Didn't bother to stop - but remembered afterwards that I caught it on my dashcam.

Video was dark (now brightened frame grab with PS), but I still think the rear end of the car is pretty aagly...

That's why I would probably opt for a black version!
Attached Images

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy : 17th March 2016 at 03:44.
SuperFlyBoy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2016, 09:44   #306
BHPian

So finally a car spotted in South Mumbai. Can somebody comment on the quality of the rear view camera when reversing at night/in the dark?
kimianks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2016, 09:58   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimianks View Post
So finally a car spotted in South Mumbai. Can somebody comment on the quality of the rear view camera when reversing at night/in the dark?
During the Test Drive, I found the rear view camera - the display on the Head Unit - to be absolutely clear. The basement is pretty dark in my building and despite that the display was good.

The grid markings though need some getting used to as I discovered. Once you calibrate (in your mind) you will be fine judging the space actually available. I felt the grids were a little more "cautious" so to speak which is a good thing.
nareshtrao is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2016, 10:00   #308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
Just saw this white Endy in Fort tonight as I drove past.

(First in South Mumbai for me to date)

Had a red/white rectangular "POLICE" card in the rear windshield.

Didn't bother to stop - but remembered afterwards that I caught it on my dashcam.

Video was dark (now brightened frame grab with PS), but I still think the rear end of the car is pretty aagly...

That's why I would probably opt for a black version!
I've spotted a few Endeavours in town and yes, the black one does look awesome. I saw this white "police" one this morning only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimianks View Post
Here you go. This is a low quality image (clicked at 9:30 pm) but it's enough to give you an indication. The camera quality is pretty good actually and the bright reversing lights do ensure that it is bright enough in the dark.
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-dsc03769.jpg
S2!!! is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2016, 10:08   #309
AYP
BHPian

Spotter two Endeavours today. My first sightings in New Mumbai.
Both of them were Panther Grey in colour. One was a 3.2 Titanium, the other one was 2.2 Auto Titanium. Definitely has a good presence, however the grey colour was looking a bit dull.
AYP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2016, 11:43   #310
BHPian

Thanks for the quick response guys. Good Quality on the rear view camera there. Now the other discussion is about the colour. Sunset Red looks good on the brochure but not so much for some in flesh.
I thought of the Grey but a member said it looks dull. My friend who works at Shaman Mercedes advises me to stick to the traditional Black/White/Silver options.

I like the Bronze as well
kimianks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2016, 13:57   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
Here you go. This is a low quality image (clicked at 9:30 pm) but it's enough to give you an indication. The camera quality is pretty good actually and the bright reversing lights do ensure that it is bright enough in the dark.
Did you buy one, or is this the TD/media vehicle? (Red plate in your photograph/screen shot of rear camera view)
SuperFlyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2016, 14:23   #312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
Did you buy one, or is this the TD/media vehicle? (Red plate in your photograph/screen shot of rear camera view)
Oh how I wish . Actually, this was the media vehicle and the picture was clicked when we had the car for the review.
S2!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2016, 22:07   #313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Endeavour can take you places! If you intend to use its 4x4 capability, you'd do well in upgrading to nicer A/T tyres. These MRF Wanderers are the first to give up in difficult conditions
Finally have decided to go for Trend version in white offered by one Dealer at Pre-Budget rates. Looks by the time they have supplies of Titanium there might be more price revisions , current difference of Pre-Budget Trend vs Post for Titanium is already around 2,75 Lac here. Call it sour grapes or whatever I found leather on Dash little worn on Demo & also 2nd Seat row headroom better on the Trend - due to sunroof paid advance and if everything goes good shall pickup tomorrow.

Now has anyone got Tyres changed or can someone suggest what all should I consider.

Last edited by Turbanator : 17th March 2016 at 22:09.
Turbanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2016, 22:53   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Finally have decided to go for Trend version in white paid advance and if everything goes good shall pickup tomorrow.
Now has anyone got Tyres changed or can someone suggest what all should I consider.
Congrats.
I could find only these 2 brands of tyres online for 265/60R18 at tyresonwheels.com
Bridgestone dueller HT
Yokohama geolander AT

Decided to stay on the stock MRF wanderers AT till they wear out (they are pretty decent on road and by the looks of the deep threads they should last at least 50k kms). By that time there may be more options available.
dockap is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2016, 12:37   #315
BHPian

I had queried Ford customer care on tentative delivery date for my 3.2 Titanium booked on 27th Feb at Lathangi Ford Bangalore, I got a prompt call and e-mail reply. Part of the communication posted below.

"We are delighted to know that you wish to purchase the Ford 3.2L 4*4 Endeavour model. We look forward to assure you of our best services and continuous support at all times.

We promise that the wait would definitely be worth it, we shall also do our best to enhance the output of New Ford Endeavour in order to reduce the waiting period and meet the high demand of our esteemed customers. Our team is dedicatedly working on increasing dealer allocations to meet our valuable customer’s expectations. Our dealers shall keep you informed on the tentative date of delivery based on the pending orders, order priority, vehicle allocation, etc…

We would also like to inform you that the allotment of vehicles to the customers is based on order priority bookings which is purely under the purview of our respective dealers. We wish to inform you that your vehicle will be tentatively delivered by end of April 2016.

Our dealers shall keep you informed on the tentative date of delivery based on the pending orders, order priority, vehicle allocation, etc…
"
pajero4me is offline   Reply With Quote