Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 18th March 2016, 13:22   #316
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
We wish to inform you that your vehicle will be tentatively delivered by end of April 2016
Can't comment but dealer at Chandigarh told me yesterday that they have been informed by FORD not to commit any deliveries before 6 month for Titanium.
Quote:
I could find only these 2 brands of tyres online for 265/60R18
Thanks , but it appears only online guys have these , I have been offered

285X60XR18 - Yokohama G94-A with ISI mark - these probably comes standard on LC. Can anyone suggest pros & cons of going for little wider , I have to pay Rs 14,000 as difference per tyre if i return OEM MRF Tyres which I am not very keen to keep .
Turbanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2016, 13:57   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pajero4me View Post

We would also like to inform you that the allotment of vehicles to the customers is based on order priority bookings which is purely under the purview of our respective dealers. We wish to inform you that your vehicle will be tentatively delivered by end of April 2016.
Very Funny this is. I booked 2 weeks prior to you with the same dealer and the mail I got says "End of May". I wonder if the production has ramped up or if they are arbitrarily quoting dates in responses.
nareshtrao is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2016, 14:17   #318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
Very Funny this is. I booked 2 weeks prior to you with the same dealer and the mail I got says "End of May". I wonder if the production has ramped up or if they are arbitrarily quoting dates in responses.
Actually the guy who called me up said 'End of may' in telephonic conversation, post which he sent mail stating 'End of April'. Possibly they ramped up production by the time he got back to his desk to send mail

Nevertheless 'End of May' seems to be a standard reply irrespective of the date of booking ???

Last edited by pajero4me : 18th March 2016 at 14:18.
pajero4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2016, 14:48   #319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
285X60XR18 - Yokohama G94-A with ISI mark - these probably comes standard on LC. Can anyone suggest pros & cons of going for little wider , I have to pay Rs 14,000 as difference per tyre if i return OEM MRF Tyres which I am not very keen to keep .
285 width would increase the overall diameter and the subsequent height. Are you sure the wheel well can take it lock to lock? Also the odometer will not be very accurate. Did you do some research on this and then selected? Please advice.

Would it not be better if you get 285x55 which will keep the overall difference closer?
Old 18th March 2016, 14:49   #320
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
285 width would increase the overall diameter and the subsequent height. Are you sure the wheel well can take it lock to lock? Also the odometer will not be very accurate. Did you do some research on this and then selected?
I won't have a clue , have not done such changes since many years I think difference in height will be too little but I won't know . I have not yet bought - just waiting to pick up in couple of hours

Waiting for suggestions from experts .

Edit - Just googled - so difference in height will be 1 Inch ? 265/60 R18 vs 285/60 R18 . 6,25+6,25+18 vs 6,75+6,75+18 = 30.5 vs 31,5

Understanding Tyre Size Maths
This is where it gets a bit more complicated.

The aspect height of a tyre is shown in the tyre size as a percentage of the width - the aspect ratio.

SidewallLet’s take the tyre size 205/55/16 for example. 205 is the width of the tyre in millimetres – fairly straight forward. However, the 55 is the ratio of the tyre’s width to the tyre’s height.

So it means that the aspect ratio is 55% of the 205mm width. In this instance that is 112.75mm.

At this point you will need to convert the size from millimetres to inches – there are 25.4 mm in every inch.

To find out what the standing height is, you need to double the aspect height, (top and bottom of the sidewall) and then add on inside diameter – in this case 16”. So, in our example, the standing height will be 24.88 inches.

Now, that you have the standing height of the old tyre, you can work out which new tyre size will also work on your car –as the standing height will need to be the same.

When changing tyre size, the tyres should not have more than a 1% difference in diameter - less than 0.5% would be ideal

http://www.blackcircles.com/general/...ize-calculator

Last edited by Turbanator : 18th March 2016 at 15:07.
Old 18th March 2016, 14:58   #321
AYP
BHPian

The Endeavour in Panther Grey colour. All the three Endeavours that I have spotted have been of this very same colour. This was the 3.2 AT Trend.

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-20160318_133624.jpg

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-20160318_133657.jpg

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-20160318_133730.jpg

Last edited by AYP : 18th March 2016 at 15:13.
AYP is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2016, 15:05   #322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
The Endeavour in Panther Grey colour. All the three Endeavours I have spotted have been of this very same colour. This was the 3.2 Titanium.

Attachment 1487314

Attachment 1487315

Attachment 1487336
This seems like the Trend version. Titanium has a monogram labelled at the rear. Can not see it in this picture unless it has been removed by the owner.

Quote:
I won't have a clue , have not done such changes since many years I think difference in height will be too little but I won't know . I have not yet bought - just waiting to pick up in couple of hours

So going back to Endeavour -

Current Size 265/60 R18 equals 775.2 mm
Proposed Size 285/60 R18 equals 799.2 mm

That is a difference of 3.1% which is huge. You will have odometer issues apart from wheels scraping the wheel well.

285/55 R18 would be ideal but not sure if any manufacturer has that.

Quote:

So going back to Endeavour -

Current Size 265/60 R18 equals 775.2 mm
Proposed Size 285/60 R18 equals 799.2 mm

That is a difference of 3.1% which is huge. You will have odometer issues apart from wheels scraping the wheel well.

285/55 R18 would be ideal but not sure if any manufacturer has that.

Mods: I apologize but I am unable to delete after I merged these two back to back posts. Is there a way I can do that? Sorry for inconvenience but could I request you to delete this post?

Last edited by bblost : 18th March 2016 at 16:39. Reason: Back 2 Back posts.
nareshtrao is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2016, 15:16   #323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That is a difference of 3.1% which is huge. You will have odometer issues apart from wheels scraping the wheel well
Yes I did some calculations and have edited my post , there will be about 1 Inch difference which looks large and will definitely change ODO reading , regarding wheel scraping I doubt given the high stance , perhaps someone who has first hand experience can suggest. I won't like to keep MRF surely but buying something which is going to create troubles later on is also NO
Old 18th March 2016, 15:38   #324
BHPian

Quote:
Yes I did some calculations and have edited my post , there will be about 1 Inch difference which looks large and will definitely change ODO reading , regarding wheel scraping I doubt given the high stance , perhaps someone who has first hand experience can suggest. I won't like to keep MRF surely but buying something which is going to create troubles later on is also NO
Turbanator why not think of downgrading to 265/65 R17 which is also the

official size in lower variants and also comes as spare. You will have plenty of

good quality choices in this size. Apart from looks I can see only advantages of

such a downgrade. Good for offroading, better ride comfort and so on.

Regards.
mroptimist is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2016, 15:47   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
This seems like the Trend version. Titanium has a monogram labelled at the rear. Can not see it in this picture unless it has been removed by the owner.
LED Tail Lamps, DRL's & Headlight washer missing - Means its Indeed a Trend version
LionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2016, 18:05   #326
Senior - BHPian

Finally Picked Trend - White at Pre-Budget Prices , all in all Great experience with Saluja FORD . Very ethical Dealership, will definitely recommend to others from Chandigarh area.

Nice to find that Engine is from South Africa and so are many other parts - looks it has very high Import content at the moment.

Initial driving feedback - steering is too light - don't know yet if this is good thing or bad . Initial pickup is great but whine from engine increases not in a bad way though , it looks as if someone is driving a manual with clutch pressed & small jerks when gear changes - perhaps due to my limited experience with new car.

Driver Seat view is absolutely yummy - we sit much higher then anything else in this or a segment above. I can see many people in Local Mini buses at almost eye level

Will definitely recommend this over to present Fortuner to everyone specially 3,2 Ltr .

Quote:
Turbanator why not think of downgrading to 265/65 R17 which is also the

official size in lower variants and also comes as spare.
Thanks , let me think over , I will not like to go for after market alloys - probably will have to find someone who has got tyres upgraded.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_20160318_1646300.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_20160318_1726245.jpg  

Last edited by Turbanator : 18th March 2016 at 18:13.
Turbanator is offline   (10) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2016, 19:30   #327
BHPian

Quote:
Finally Picked Trend - White at Pre-Budget Prices

Thanks , let me think over , I will not like to go for after market alloys - probably will have to find someone who has got tyres upgraded.
Congratulations on your purchase.

On the tyres front, I had an advice from a knowledgeable person (Nikhil on Tbhp) who also owns a Tyre store that MRF Wanderers are good and serve well. He advised against changing it as the financial loss is not worth the gain. Much in line with the advice Doc has who got his delivered last week.

Additionally, the alloys on Ford are of great quality and it does not make sense to change them.
Old 18th March 2016, 20:20   #328
BHPian

Quote:
Finally Picked Trend - White at Pre-Budget Prices , all in all Great experience with Saluja FORD . Very ethical Dealership, will definitely recommend to others from Chandigarh area.
Congrats. Is it manual or auto. White looks good. What's up with Ford. First with Ecosport and now Endeavour. Can't they ramp production to meet demand. With new fortune arriving only next year, why cannot Ford cash on the opportunity?
Sarvodaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2016, 13:45   #329
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is it manual or auto.
It's 4 x 4 Auto 3,2 Trend version.

From my initial drive of today , engine is a real Gem absolutely silent all the way to 140 or so , beyond which I have no experience yet. However if we drop speed , it makes too much of noise to get into motion not that its annoying but does not sound good either perhaps something to do with gearbox which otherwise works fine. Overall vehicle is very stable till 90 thereafter it shows its underpinnings of truck chassis and body roll is quite evident . I got pressure reduced to 32 from 37 or something which was pre-filled however unlike Fortuner there was practically no effect on comfort on other hand body roll seams to have increased but I am not very sure on this as my initial driving was within city. Will increase Air-pressure on return in evening and update if this has any effect on body roll.

Overall mileage came 10 Km/ Ltr on trip of about 100 km with 80 % highway ( two lane though ) and very light foot , I think this might further drop to 8-9 Km/Ltr in case speed is higher.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_2368.jpg  

Last edited by Turbanator : 19th March 2016 at 14:05.
Turbanator is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2016, 19:50   #330
BHPian

Congratulations on your Purchase. I guess by the time the vehicle is allotted to me it is gonna cost much more with the ever increasing taxation.

On second thought does it make more sense to buy a Q3 if it is available at pre budget price. i end up spending about 5 lacs more today.
architkarpe is offline   Reply With Quote