Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 24th March 2016, 10:06   #376
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
Installed HUD today. Looks awesome . Pics below
Looks great indeed. What is the brand, cost and where did you order it from?
n.devdath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2016, 10:09   #377
BHPian

I think this is the HUD offered by Ford. Looks great. Would have loved it if they had one with Nav as well. What other accessories were you able to acquire?
kimianks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2016, 11:00   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
Did you get any response to the Insurance Query?
I spoke with the General Manager - Tushar Ghai of Cargo Ford, Vadodara. He clearly said that if I were to buy insurance from them and get the loan from Axis Bank, only then he will deliver it in March, failing which there is no commitment on delivery and post 31st March, taxes and prices will increase.

Then I spoke with Ford Customer Relations (N. Vadivel) who reiterated the same thing and basically insisted to buy the insurance from them and also showed petty advantages of it.

I was not liking to be cornered in this fashion and thought that if I have to go through this turmoil in buying the car, what would happen in maintaining the same with this dealer? So, I cancelled the order with Cargo Ford Vadodara. I have every conversation recorded and thinking what to do with it!

And contacted Sarthi Ford Anand. I am happy to say that they are totally flexible. Moreover, they value the customer, their emotions and clearly do actions which shows how they extend themselves to make the customer happy.
htanna is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2016, 23:24   #379
BHPian

For those wondering about Accessories' Prices, visit www.india.ford.com and go to the Shopping Tab / Build my Ford.

All the Accessories for the Endeavour are listed right there.

Do the Current Owners have an update with regards to the "Total Maintenance Plan" ?

Any update about the Voice Commands if one opts for the SAT NAV upgrade?

Last edited by kimianks : 24th March 2016 at 23:26.
kimianks is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2016, 17:16   #380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Heads up Display looks nice.
What is the other information other than speed?
Is this a Ford or an aftermarket fitment/brand name?
Where and how does it connect to the speedometre?
Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Looks great indeed. What is the brand, cost and where did you order it from?
Thanks,
HUD from ebay link below. It plugs into the OBD port below the Steering Wheel. I had to cut a very small piece of the cover over the OBD port.
http://www.ebay.in/itm/A8-Car-HUD-He...IAAOSwoudW6kFc

Only accessories available at Ford are the Mats, sun visors and pillow neck rests.

Last edited by dockap : 27th March 2016 at 17:18.
dockap is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2016, 22:21   #381
BHPian

I was at elite ford Bangalore; if anyone is interested, they have 3.2 litre trends available in stock to deliver immediately. one is golden brown color and another sun set red I think.
meet the sales manager, PM me if you want his number.
sknair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2016, 22:26   #382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
I was at elite ford Bangalore; if anyone is interested, they have 3.2 litre trends available in stock to deliver immediately. one is golden brown color and another sun set red I think.
meet the sales manager, PM me if you want his number.
How does it work (for a Mumbai resident with Mumbai's RTO) if you find a 3.2 Titanium 4wd AT in another state?

Can one register it easily?
SuperFlyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2016, 00:19   #383
BHPian

Anyone knows if Ford ramped up or planning to ramp up the production of Titanium version (3.2) by April ? The backlog is pretty long, but I am told by the dealer that there is hardly any cancellation. They have been offering Trend to the customers and looks no one downgrading.
sunishsamuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2016, 00:51   #384
BHPian

What surprises me is that even after two months after the launch the sight of a new Endeavour is a rare one.
Don't know the situation in other cities.

I expected teambhp to be flooded with initial ownership reports and to top it up, only 26 pages in the official thread

Something is really wrong or am I missing something?
Your inputs are highly appreciated.

Last edited by ecosport rules : 28th March 2016 at 00:53.
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2016, 02:50   #385
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What surprises me is that even after two months after the launch the sight of a new Endeavour is a rare one.
Don't know the situation in other cities.

I expected teambhp to be flooded with initial ownership reports and to top it up, only 26 pages in the official thread

Something is really wrong or am I missing something?
Your inputs are highly appreciated.
I too haven't seen a single Endevour on the road, The heck not even a test drive vehicle! A friend of mine visited the showroom for the top end model, And just like i was forced for the lower trim level, Even he was been forced to take a lower trim. Thats weird..
Tanveer_2558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2016, 09:38   #386
BHPian

I have a strong gut feeling that this is all sales techniques. With the floods hurdling production some time back and achieving profit goals with aggressive pricing, the only way to meet ends would be to sell more of Trends because thats where more margin is. Following would be to throw in higher models with colours which have shown low demand. Then when everything is available, prices would shoot. Timing is essential though. They have a little less than a year before competition kicks in. I am thinking it may kick in sooner as well depending on how Jeep plays it.
htanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2016, 11:39   #387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
Guys I have been noticing this from day one. There is an area of the roof at rear right where there is condensation of water. This is on the roof above the rear right tyre and also there is water dripping down from behind the rear right tyre. I know it is from the AC but is this normal? I am attaching two photos of the same. Pridered and Turbanator can you confirm if this is happening in your vehicle.
Hi dockap, I haven't noticed this yet. Even during the recent 300KM+ highway drive this was not seen(May be because the AC was not used with full blower speed).

The Endeavour has now covered 1500KM and is an absolute delight.
Initial Impressions:
1. The engine response as you press the accelerator is instantaneous. Floor the accelerator and the car drops a gear or two and jumps ahead. In S mode as the gear is held for longer time, engine revv's higher and then shifts. In Tiptronic mode I was not able to shift beyond 4th in city driving conditions.
2. The Fuel Efficiency varies between 8.5-11KM/L. In Bumper to Bumper traffic I expect it to deliver somewhere around 8 while cruising at 90-100 in highway, Endeavour should deliver around 11-12. These are based on MID, which I have found to be fairly accurate.
3. The brakes feels a bit spongy initially, but stops the Endeavour without any hesitation. They have enough bite to stop the mammoth.
4. Sound insulation is brilliant, most of the sound gets muted, thanks to active noise cancellation. All you hear mild thrum from the DuraTorq mill.
5. One thing left me really surprised is the ride and handling. The ride is very plush unlike the Bouncy previous generation Endeavour or the bumpy Fortuner. For the vehicle of this size and height the handling through corners is mind blowing. With super precise steering you can push through the corners like crazy. I don't think I would be able to push many of sedans like this(Ex: Our old Optra).
6. Headlamps are powerful enough. The HID's/Halogen setup and foglamps have a wide throw and offers enough visibility. I don't see any need for an upgrade.
7. Though the plastic quality is excellent in majority of the places, certain things like the Sunglass holder/penholder inside the centre armrest feel quite cheap.
8. Rear seats are a comfortable place to be. They are wide enough for 3 passengers and offer great amount of headroom and legroom. I am 5'10 and to me the under thigh support is just perfect.
9. The MRF's came as a surprise as well. Upto 90-100KM/Hr there is absolute no tire noise. They also offered decent grip while cornering.
10. The leather wrap around steering needs a special mention. They are cushy and offer good amount of grip.
11. A sample of leather seat cleaner and a cloth to clean the touch screen is offered by Ford. I haven't yet tested the Seat cleaner.
12. The AC is typical Ford and is a chiller unit. Cools the cabin in no time.

Differences Between Titanium and Trend:
1. The alloys have Gun metal finish compared to Hyper silver in Trend
2.The foot step has Gun Metal finish compared to all Black in Trend.
3.HID with DRL in Headlamp unit and LED rear lights. The trend also loses Headlamp washers.
4.They are no front parking sensors in Trend.
5. Both Sunvisors get mirror with lights. Passenger sunvisor also gets Extenders.
6. Leather wrapping on top of dash is exclusive to Titanium.
7.The Titanium gets glossy inserts for interiors where as Trend gets dull finish.
8.Ambient lighting is missing in Trend.
9. 6 airbags vs 2 airbags.
10. Roof lining is of premium material in the Titanium and is also black in colour.

Headlamp Washers in action. These work only when Headlamps are on and when windshield washer is used.
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_20160325_191849.jpg

Good throw from stock headlamp
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_20160327_190550.jpg
PrideRed is online now   (8) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2016, 20:07   #388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Hi dockap, I haven't noticed this yet. Even during the recent 300KM+ highway drive this was not seen(May be because the AC was not used with full blower speed).

2. The Fuel Efficiency varies between 8.5-11KM/L. In Bumper to Bumper traffic I expect it to deliver somewhere around 8 while cruising at 90-100 in highway, Endeavour should deliver around 11-12. These are based on MID, which I have found to be fairly accurate.
4. Sound insulation is brilliant, most of the sound gets muted
Looks like the Endeavour is more fuel efficient than the Fortuner
I'm glad that you are enjoying your new beast.
Wish you many more miles of happiness.

When is your detailed ownership report coming by?
ecosport rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2016, 00:21   #389
BHPian

My review is up. Need the mods to move it from Assembly line.
dockap is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2016, 10:01   #390
BHPian

Quote:
Looks like the Endeavour is more fuel efficient than the Fortuner
I'm glad that you are enjoying your new beast.
Wish you many more miles of happiness.

When is your detailed ownership report coming by?
Mine is a 2.2 Auto and is definitely more fuel efficient than the Fortuner 3.0. I don't know how does it fair against the Fortuner 2.5 .
On setting cruise control at 110 on a highway the MID was consistently showing 12-12.5
PrideRed is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote