Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 31st March 2016, 16:04   #406
BHPian

Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

So, the cat and mouse chase continues. Dealers continue to blame Ford for not giving the details of allocation, while Ford redirects customers to Dealers with standard message "Dear xyz from Dealer, please address customer concerns and provide details of the vehicle delivery" No one is giving any assurance on the delivery. Meanwhile, there is a hint of price hike for Endevour, either in April or May. This is from an unverified source at local dealership so please take it with pinch of salt.

Another concern that i have; with the overall supply being short, how does it affect spare parts ? Be it air filter or fuse or anything ? I checked with the dealer and the response was "we are expecting stock very soon" its been like that from Feb and no change in that response even now

I even checked with the Ford authorized spare parts dealer; took their number from http://www.india.ford.com/about/corporate/ford-parts and they told they do not have any spare for the Ford Endeavor (new model)
sunishsamuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2016, 16:12   #407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
Meanwhile, there is a hint of price hike for Endevour, either in April or May. This is from an unverified source at local dealership so please take it with pinch of salt.
Another price hike and I am certain a large number of bookings would suffer cancellations. Already the 1.4 L price hike last month has made this a shade unattractive. Any further and it will probably cross 40L on road. Definitely a no-no for many prospective buyers.
nareshtrao is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2016, 16:33   #408
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
So, the cat and mouse chase continues. Dealers continue to blame Ford for not giving the details of allocation, while Ford redirects customers to Dealers with standard message "Dear xyz from Dealer, please address customer concerns and provide details of the vehicle delivery" No one is giving any assurance on the delivery.
Ford seems to be infamous for forwarding all Emails to the dealers without even reading Emails.
It happened to me twice, already.
The funny part is, the site for the ford owners is down for several days, and I informed this to Ford customer care through an Email. Ford forwarded it to the local dealer.
Then another complaint from me about the vehicle too has been forwarded.
I expressed my dissatisfaction over this simple forwarding of customer Emails to the dealer when a person from Ford called me too. He said that's how they normally do.

Finally, For the third complaint:
I added a Disclaimer that this Email cannot be forwarded to anyone other then Ford India, especially to the dealer. This time, Ford never contacted me back, nor the dealer. The complaint is still somewhere in the limbo. !
agbenny is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2016, 16:39   #409
BHPian

OTE=sunishsamuel;3943106]So, the cat and mouse chase continues.
Another concern that i have; with the overall supply being short, how does it affect spare parts ? Be it air filter or fuse or anything ? I checked with the dealer and the response was "we are expecting stock very soon" its been like that from Feb and no change in that response even now

I even checked with the Ford authorized spare parts dealer; took their number from http://www.india.ford.com/about/corporate/ford-parts and they told they do not have any spare for the Ford Endeavor (new model)[/quote]

Fortune Ford's test drive vehicle met with an accident and is gathering dust since 45 days for lack of availability of spares
Now imagine the plight of a customer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
Another price hike and I am certain a large number of bookings would suffer cancellations. Already the 1.4 L price hike last month has made this a shade unattractive. Any further and it will probably cross 40L on road. Definitely a no-no for many prospective buyers.
The sales consultant at Fortune Ford said the 3.2litre Titanium will soon touch 40 lakhs.
Hope the new Fortuner arrives soon to restore balance

Last edited by ecosport rules : 31st March 2016 at 16:41.
ecosport rules is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2016, 17:04   #410
BHPian

The Only Price Hike I know of here in Mumbai is the change in RTO fee by 0.5 %

I don't think Ford would push it to the 40 lakh mark but yes earlier and faster deliveries should iron out issues.
kimianks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2016, 17:29   #411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules[/QUOTE

Fortune Ford's test drive vehicle met with an accident and is gathering dust since 45 days for lack of availability of spares
Now imagine the plight of a customer.

The sales consultant at Fortune Ford said the 3.2litre Titanium will soon touch 40 lakhs.
Hope the new Fortuner arrives soon to restore balance
So we both are dealing with the same set of folks I am worried if my wait is not fruitful. For lack of commitment on delivery and the scary fact that spares are not available.
sunishsamuel is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2016, 10:47   #412
BHPian

Situation with spares should improve in a couple of months.
The only issue with Endeavour unlike all other Ford products is that the spares are all made in Thailand.
I am still waiting for the price list of commonly consumed spares

My guess is that they would be pricey

Last edited by ecosport rules : 1st April 2016 at 10:48.
ecosport rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2016, 11:32   #413
BHPian

Guys I was just thinking about the tyres. If one does switch to 285/60 R18 from 265/60 cause 265/50 R20 isn't available in Mumbai, would it affect the ride quality? Ride Height would change but I'm wary of compromising ride quality.

If I have to stick to same spec, might go with the Pirelli Scorpion Verde. 285/60 available with Yokohama
kimianks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2016, 12:04   #414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimianks View Post
Guys I was just thinking about the tyres. If one does switch to 285/60 R18 from 265/60 cause 265/50 R20 isn't available in Mumbai, would it affect the ride quality? Ride Height would change but I'm wary of compromising ride quality.

If I have to stick to same spec, might go with the Pirelli Scorpion Verde. 285/60 available with Yokohama
Go for 275/60 R18 from Yokohama Geolander. 285 is too much of an upsize.
nareshtrao is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2016, 13:05   #415
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If one does switch to 285/60 R18 from 265/60 cause 265/50 R20 isn't available in Mumbai,
R20 will be a pain , suspension of endeavour is hard already. Better pick 275/60 R18 Yoko , these should be available. I am using this for past 10 days or so and have done about 3500 km - will definitely recommend.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2016, 13:06   #416
BHPian

Quote:

275/60 R18 from Yokohama Geolander has got good tread pattern too.
Will add to the ruggedness
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-422308874_47204.jpg  

Last edited by ecosport rules : 1st April 2016 at 13:12.
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2016, 14:16   #417
BHPian

Quote:

Unless you are looking for serious off-roading, the stock tyres does a good job. They are fairly silent and offer decent comfort. Other than performance in wet weather conditions(Which I am yet to experience), I am satisfied with stock tyres, don't see a need to change.
PrideRed is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2016, 19:17   #418

Smile Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Hello everyone. Iím a newbie to Team BHP. Mods, thanks for having me.

Got delivered the 3.2 Titanium Sunset Red in late February 2016 and have been using it everyday for the past month. First off, I have to say that I booked the vehicle with no test drive. I made the booking purely on reviews and advice out of Australia. Team-BHPís review and preview sealed the deal. On the launch date, I was the first one with my foot in the door at the dealership. And, Iíve been keeping abreast of all the action since the car was first announced as coming to India. So Iíve been pretty patient waiting for it and was lucky to be one of the first few to have it delivered in February.

Iíve wanted this SUV for a few years simply because it was the best in the market at its price point. I used to have a Toyota Fortuner 4x4 3.0 from 2010 and sold that late 2014. So the Ford was a good upgrade. Also, although the New Fortuner will be a good buy and a significant upgrade, Iím pretty sure the interiors will be very similar to the New Innova. I wasnít too fond of this with the Old Fortuner but could live with it simply because I rarely have been in the Innova and donít own one. I will though, that the Old Fortuner was a beauty and did everything I needed to.

My typical drives are to my family farm, located along the banks of the Palar river near Mahabalipuram and since my wifeís family is from Coorg and has plantations near Nagarhole, many visit to coffee country and frequent wildlife. So a significant time on road and then some off it. So having the Fortuner was a blessing and was badly missed for a year and half till the New Endeavour arrived.

The car arrived red ribbon/box of chocolates and looking incredible. To begin with, when compared with the Fortuner, the car feels 10 times more planted than the Fortuner felt. The rear suspension of the Endeavour is amazing. It doesnít wiggle about like the Fortuner and feels very comfortable. Rear passengers will love this. The paint quality needs work. There is a bit of debris or dust spots under the paint in many areas. Visible only when you look closely. I am going to bring this up and have them fix it. But not a deal breaker. Not sure where the car was painted. Probably in India, because only we would botch it.

My first week with the car was mostly to the office and back. My biggest peeve the first week was the way the car changes gear and the engine noise. I wanted to nurse the car till it breaks in, which is the first 500km. But its not set up to be nursed. Its set up to be gunned!!

It makes a great noise and not a nice one. I would prefer a little grunt, but I think the noise cancellation takes out the low end hum. There should have been a noise cancellation on/off option in the head unit.

So the work around for the noise, after the first 500, was to gun it to 2000RPM which is when it changes gear immediately. It seems like the gearing is set to change at 2000. I think for India, it would probably better if it changed up at 1500 or 1800RPM.

The dealership was kind of enough to fill up 30 liters of fuel. So when it ran empty, I put in a full tank of Diesel with an additive. Biggest regret, because the fuel efficiency dropped from 9 to 6km/liter. I drove to Bangalore on this and the mileage went up to 9 again on the highway. There, I switched over to Shell diesel with no additives. Observed no major improvement other than mileage came back to an 8.5 average.

On the way back from Bangalore to Chennai, near the beginning, the car suddenly had a bunch of malfunctions. None of them were alarming for the drive back but still caused me some concern. First malfunction was the hill descent control. I donít even know why, no buttons had been pushed, even by accident. Then the sensors all malfunctioned. Then the traction control malfunctioned. All of these reports came together, one after the other. I just stopped the car on the side of the highway and did the tried and tested fix, which was to switch off and on the car. This seemed to work and I havenít had another such episode since then (3 weeks).

The sensors on the car seem to go a bit berserk at times, probably because its never been tested and based on Indian traffic conditions. In bumper to bumper traffic the sensors have ghost feedback from the sheer number of motorcycles, auto-rickshaws and cars that decide to come close or pass mere inches away. There is the option of switching it off, but I decided against that because its most helpful in traffic.

Iíve had to use emergency braking only once and the brakes are impeccable. A billion times better than the Fortuner, which barely stopped when you needed it to.

The tires are great. They may be MRF and local, but they do a great job.

Iíve been on the Palar river to cross over to farms on the other side. The 4x4 does very well. I would say that the Fortuner does it with much less effort, probably because it 400 kilos lighter and that manual gearbox is great. But the auto box on the Endeavour is quicker to upshift which is an absolute necessity to maintain momentum. I could never shift fast enough in the Fortuner to maintain momentum.

The suspension is very very good. Its soft, perhaps a bit too soft but it swallows the bumps without any effort. ARB is coming out with a new set of shocks for the Endeavour soon. I think an upgrade would be nice but not a necessity.

Done 1700kms so far and its been a pleasure every time I jump in. Cheers.
Valhalla1979 is offline   (12) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2016, 23:26   #419
BHPian

Valhalla, thanks for sharing. Good insights and sets my expectations as I prepare for the delivery of 2.2 Titanium.

In 2014 we (me,wife,2girls) did 4000 km road trip in our Cruze LTZ and stayed in Coorg for about 7 days. Needless to say, we didn't want to come back home!

Looking forward for another amazing road trip with the beast.
htanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2016, 02:08   #420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhalla1979 View Post

Got delivered the 3.2 Titanium Sunset Red in late February 2016

To begin with, when compared with the Fortuner, the car feels 10 times more planted than the Fortuner felt. The rear suspension of the Endeavour is amazing. It doesn’t wiggle about like the Fortuner and feels very comfortable.

put in a full tank of Diesel with an additive.

On the way back from Bangalore to Chennai, near the beginning, the car suddenly had a bunch of malfunctions

In bumper to bumper traffic the sensors have ghost feedback from the sheer number of motorcycles, auto-rickshaws and cars that decide to come close or pass mere inches away.

I’ve had to use emergency braking only once and the brakes are impeccable. A billion times better than the Fortuner, which barely stopped when you needed it to.
I’ve been on the Palar river to cross over to farms on the other side. The 4x4 does very well. I would say that the Fortuner does it with much less effort

Welcome to teambhp.You have a very memorable first post.
Congratulations on being one of the first ones to get the delivery of the new Endeavour.
Red looks awesome

You are one of the most eligible guys to compare the current generation Fortuner and the new Endeavour.
Hope to see a detailed ownership/comparision review from you.Please do share some pictures meanwhile.

The Ford manual advises against using any additives.
Those were some scary malfunctions to have on a highway.
I am glad they were sorted out with a restart.

Wishing you many happy miles on Team bhp

Last edited by ecosport rules : 2nd April 2016 at 02:15.
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote