Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 4th April 2016, 17:37   #436
BHPian

Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
I do not think it has Auto Fold, We have to do with manual switch which operates only when the battery is on. So, need to keep the key inserted and turn on battery for Folding it. Not the best. !!!
I think ford can do that after adding a little bit of code to the system. if the windows can be rolled up/down or the sunroof can be opened/closed as code with a command to the mirrors can do the trick. May be ford lest if for the next update or for aftermarket players.
architkarpe is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2016, 22:06   #437
BHPian

Friends, finally canceling my booking after a very frustrating experience with Ford. I booked on January 22nd, literally the day of launch. I was promised a March delivery by Chennai Ford. March has come and gone and the dealer says my car has not been allocated even in the April and May allocation lists. So it will be at least June before it can be delivered. My booking is for 3.2 Titanium 4X4 and I have been flexible on the color, but the dealer keeps trying to sell me the 2.2 version or the 3.2 Trend version.

This is really frustrating and I am sure vehicles are being allocated out of turn. I wish Ford would have a transparent system of allocation and deal directly with customers instead of pointing us to the dealer for allocation.

Even the test drive experience was lousy. After many requests for a test drive, I finally got one 2 weeks ago. The car was all dusty and had a large visible dent and scratches. The seats were dirty too. Family members complained about the pitching and rolling in the back seat probably because the tires were over-inflated.

Ford had better get its act together, they have lost the opportunity to keep a happy Ford Ecosport customer who is keen to upgrade and stay under the Ford banner.

Now the long wait for the VW Tiguan begins. It is the one vehicle that appeals to me now.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 4th April 2016 at 22:11.
84.monsoon is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2016, 23:15   #438
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
but the dealer keeps trying to sell me the 2.2 version or the 3.2 Trend version
will suggest you to pick 3,2 Trend , having bought one I have no regrets , rather headroom on Trend is better than Titanium and there are hardly any gizmos that we can't get later. If you have booked in Jan , try if your dealer agrees to give you pre-budget car as special case , difference between trend & titanium is going to get bigger in future.

Unfortunately there is no comparable vehicle even at 2X price , some dealers of FORD are good while others are a pain , check with your contacts or here if someone can refer to you a better dealer at chennai if nothing works out - go to FORD chennai with copy of your advance receipt
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2016, 12:37   #439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Friends, finally canceling my booking after a very frustrating experience with Ford. I booked on January 22nd, literally the day of launch. I was promised a March delivery by Chennai Ford. March has come and gone and the dealer says my car has not been allocated even in the April and May allocation lists. So it will be at least June before it can be delivered. My booking is for 3.2 Titanium 4X4 and I have been flexible on the color, but the dealer keeps trying to sell me the 2.2 version or the 3.2 Trend version.
Thats the same case everywhere My dealer says ford had allotted only one Titanium 3.2 to him since launch. He has not received any Titanium Variants in March. He has all the colors in stock in trend variants if any body is interested.
architkarpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2016, 15:47   #440
BHPian

As I had mentioned earlier, they will first work to sell the models which fetch more moolah. I am getting mine (2.2 Tit) within 15 days of DP. Should arrive anytime now. Last I checked, it was about 350 kms away.
htanna is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2016, 21:27   #441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by htanna View Post
As I had mentioned earlier, they will first work to sell the models which fetch more moolah.
I agree with you but than ford should be advertising and letting people know that their trend variant is better equipped than a toyota. That their dealers have vehicles ready for delivery. My neighbor was not booking one because of the long waiting periods on telling him about ready availability he went and brought a 3.2 trend. Ford should do something to promote the product and pull crowd into showrooms.
architkarpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2016, 21:46   #442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architkarpe View Post
I agree with you but than ford should be advertising and letting people know that their trend variant is better equipped than a toyota. That their dealers have vehicles ready for delivery. My neighbor was not booking one because of the long waiting periods on telling him about ready availability he went and brought a 3.2 trend. Ford should do something to promote the product and pull crowd into showrooms.
Well, that particular dealer did not confirm he could get me a black trend 4x4 AT.

Still waiting to hear...

Are you confirming that he has one now - and why wouldn't he call me to drag/entice me in??

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy : 5th April 2016 at 22:07.
SuperFlyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2016, 22:12   #443
BHPian

Would it be possible to get the sales data of Ford Endeavour model wise ? Am curious to know how many Trend's were sold vs Titanium, and if the stock of Trend's are available aplenty, then why are customers not buying them ? Not all are particular about features of Titanium.
sunishsamuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2016, 23:58   #444
Distinguished - BHPian

Update on Production: Ford Will Build New Everest SUV (Endeavour) In South Africa;

Name:  fordeverestsuvsouthafrica0.jpg
Views: 2152
Size:  89.5 KB

Ford has planned to extend its business in South Africa by adding the Everest to the Silverton Assembly Plant, in Pretoria (SA).

Quote:
This decision follows a $170 million investment in the expansion of the facility, which has created 1,200 new jobs at Ford South Africa and within its supplier network; part of the investment was directed towards manufacturing the Ranger. The pickup truck has performed well in South Africa, as 33,920 units were sold in 2015 alone from the total of 78,471 passenger cars and light commercial vehicles Ford delivered in 2015.
This news is relevant here because currently the SUV is being imported from Thailand into South Africa, but once the production starts (by 3rd quarter of 2016) in South Africa locally it should ease off the Thailand plant from where the kits are being imported from for India's Chennai plant. Hence hopefully good availability from 3rd Q 2016 onwards

Source

Last edited by karan561 : 6th April 2016 at 00:00.
karan561 is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2016, 00:05   #445
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
it should ease off the Thailand plant from where the kits are being imported from for India's Chennai plant
I am not sure if they will actually produce body panels at too many places , engines for these are already made at their South African unit, perhaps they will do assembly on lines of Indian operations. The long deliveries for Titanium are not just restricted to Indian market but there are quite a few guys waiting in Thailand and SA for top models and another common complaint seems to be for navigation which is missing in many variants overseas markets as well.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2016, 09:24   #446
BHPian

Navigation should be something which can be added through software upgrade since the car already has GPS capabilities. This is my MSU (making stuff up). Need to check. If I am not wrong, existing users can confirm, Sync 1 cannot be upgraded to Sync 2.
htanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2016, 12:11   #447
Senior - BHPian

Is anyone aware what sort of Bulbs have they used on Headlamps ? can we change with something like this ?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post3943621 (Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here)

Also will it be possible to have some better sound setup - perhaps changing front speakers?
Turbanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2016, 12:21   #448
BANNED

Quote:
Navigation should be something which can be added through software upgrade since the car already has GPS capabilities. This is my MSU (making stuff up). Need to check. If I am not wrong, existing users can confirm, Sync 1 cannot be upgraded to Sync 2.
I too, guess so, since it gives the GPS co-ordinates under "where am I". Need to explore.
agbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2016, 13:51   #449

Off road in the Palar river bed, the sand mode was very resilient and helpful. Basically what I found is that it engages the front wheels and changes gear at a higher number of RPM. In very fine and loose sand, diff lock helps, but not by much. In fact, I found that in very fine loose sand, the car has a lot of difficulty moving from a standstill. When you engage the 4x4 Low, it asks you to put it in rock mode. So, with a bit of fiddling about, I got it into 4x4 low on rock mode and was able to move. Unfortunately, the car sticks to 1st gear and doesn't change up. It basically crawls. Not what you want for sand. 4x4 low should have a sand option to switch up. A remap of the gearbox is a must and I hope Ford gives this to us.

Another problem or maybe not, is that after getting out of the sand, there was a high squealing noise coming from under the car. Perhaps some sand got into the drive shaft or into the brakes. After about 10 minutes of driving over bumpy terrain, the noise dissipated.

Over the standard gravel off road terrain, I did not need to switch the terrain system to anything special and just opted for the standard mode. That and switching over to sport and selecting the right gear, basically between gear 1 and 2, i was varying the speed the car crawled at. This was because the terrain i was on was gravelly and with many broken patches. The clearance is very good but could use a few mm increase in height in bad terrain. The MRF Wanderer tires were exceptional in this terrain and soaked up all the little bumps with ease.
Valhalla1979 is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2016, 14:25   #450
BHPian

Quote:
Navigation is messed up, dealer would need to remove the MID system and send it to mount electronics in chennai to upgrade the system and will provide the map SD card, it could take a week to 10 days for this and would cost about 1.2 lakhs, totally worthless. use your smart phone google maps, would be better.
sknair is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote