Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 14th April 2016, 10:05   #496
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Still 6-7 Months waiting for the top end 3.2 Version here in Mumbai
Do check for Trend again , it's not that bad, perhaps you can change over to something like Titanium plus whenever they come - there are some large misses, including push button stop and who knows Air suspension might come later given the way they have pitched it bang opposite LC Prado in overseas market.

Quote:
Holding myself back to book one since I have planned something huge soon.
Mustang any news when are they going to start booking ?
Turbanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2016, 11:26   #497

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post

Mustang any news when are they going to start booking ?

More importantly, when will they deliver that? Not to mention the added hassle for us Gurugrammers that most of the cars we like can no longer be registered!

atthewheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2016, 15:57   #498
BHPian

Folks,

A query to anyone who has cancelled the booking. How difficult is the process and how soon you get the booking amount back?
nareshtrao is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2016, 16:22   #499
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A query to anyone who has cancelled the booking. How difficult is the process and how soon you get the booking amount back?
Not at all , send dealer a mail for cancellation probably mark a copy to Ford India (custmail@ford.com ) and ask for the refund. They will give you cheque irrespective of the way you have given the advance and will normally ask original receipt to be returned back in which case keep a xerox and ask them to mention on back side details of refund cheque and get this stamped.
Turbanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2016, 18:11   #500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
A query to anyone who has cancelled the booking.
This car is a head turner. I have not had a single ride where I haven't noticed people staring as if it were a group of naked cheer leaders. (pun intended)

Besides, the driving pleasure is phenomenal.

I suggest that you think once more considering all options and then take a call. Refund ETA really depends on how the dealer plays it. They must have mentioned it in the T&C for cancellation.
htanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2016, 19:04   #501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by htanna View Post
I suggest that you think once more considering all options and then take a call. Refund ETA really depends on how the dealer plays it. They must have mentioned it in the T&C for cancellation.
There is no estimated date by which I will get the car and the wait is causing me hardship on the vehicle front.

I spoke to the CEO of the dealer and he said that he gets 2 cars a month and he does color loading the previous month on 5th. And given his bookings he has no chance of loading mine till July/Aug at least.

I was committed end of Mar/First week of April when I booked. Now the time line is clearly "indefinite" or "can't commit".

Not sure if it is worth the wait. Hence thinking.
Old 18th April 2016, 19:06   #502
BHPian

Got a call form DSK Toyota today to book the new Toyota Innova Launching on 03rd May and deliveries starting from 13th May. Confused????? My main reason for buying a car is my father who has a problem with his left knee and has been advised not to drive a manual car. We have owned an innova earlier and were happy with the car. We do a lot of highway driving and does not want a sedan.Expected price of approx 23 OTR pune seems a bit unrealistic for the top end. No commitment of delivery date.

Or should i pay the booking amount and wait to see who delivers first. I know the cars i am comparing our two different segments.
architkarpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2016, 20:09   #503

Has anyone tried this? Chipexpress claim to increase power to 253 PS of power and 604 Newton metres of torque.

That's quite an impressive gain.

And while improving fuel economy and engine life. Somebody pinch me...

https://www.chipexpress.com/products/4799/
Valhalla1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2016, 21:56   #504
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhalla1979 View Post
Has anyone tried this? Chipexpress claim to increase power to 253 PS of power and 604 Newton metres of torque.

Any idea about fitting k&N filter? It's not listed in K&N website. Can we fit Ford Ranger's filter?
agbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2016, 22:46   #505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhalla1979 View Post

Sounds too good to be true, if someone with dealer connection could try on a test car would be good. After fitment how would you measure the power or torque?
sknair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2016, 07:47   #506
BHPian

@narrshtrao,

Don't cancel your booking with Ford Endy. I suggest you be a bit more patient to get a good car.

Reason:
I was a bit impatient, cancelled the booking of my Ford Endy 3.2L titanium and went ahead with purchase of a brand new Bmw X5 in haste. The dealer at Bangalore delivered a car which was sitting in its stock for over an year, which I dint realize. Just 8 days into "sheer driving pleasure", the vehicle doesn't start. High Pressure Fuel Pump has failed after service diagnosis. The Suv gets towed away on the 8th day, with just 500 KMS on board ! Bmw replaced the whole fuel supply system on 11th day on a brand new X5, and im yet to take the delivery of repaired car as im fighting out with BMW to get me a 10 year extended warranty with repairs inclusive for a delivering me a car with "manufacturing defect" or "Total refund". Supposedly there were over 1.5Lac recalls globally for the same failure earlier, and it reoccurs on a 2015 manufactured version. This talks volumes on poor reliability of Bmw X5 priced 2.x higher than the mighty ford Endy. If I get a total refund, im the Ford Endy for sure, even if it means a wait time of 6 more months !! Lesson learnt the hard way.

Moral of my Story: Patience really is an awesome Virtue. Dont fall for a temptation. In the end you would atleast get a recently manufactured Ford Endy. .

Posting this because when ever I spot a new Endy, I feel extremely guilty for not waiting for it. More so after this defective BMW X5 debacle !
niruvrs9669 is offline   (9) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2016, 10:02   #507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niruvrs9669 View Post
@narrshtrao,

Don't cancel your booking with Ford Endy. I suggest you be a bit more patient to get a good car.

Posting this because when ever I spot a new Endy, I feel extremely guilty for not waiting for it. More so after this defective BMW X5 debacle !
Sorry to hear about the BMW story. Pretty sad and I do hope you get a resolution.

I am not sure though if a wait that long is possible for me. I will have a word with the dealership again before taking the call.
Old 19th April 2016, 10:40   #508
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The dealer at Bangalore delivered a car which was sitting in its stock for over an year, which I dint realize
Are you sure this is a Year old car , X5 has been a moderately successful launch and most of the time dealers have nothing in stocks even BMW has limited Kits. Can you go little deeper into this - did you did some PDI before taking delivery ? or can you find some other signs of a vehicle in use before delivery to you though chances are low but do check places that are not easy to clean / replace including wear on pedals and places after removing rubber gaskets.Why I am asking you this is because if vehicle is not used and was merely sitting on stocks then you should give a chance , perhaps due to low / nil fuel some parts of fuel pump ( rubber seals most likely ) have gone bad. Don't let your car sit for any time longer than required at the dealership, you have paid for it , take it back ASAP. Continue to ask for extended warranty // BSI .

And Endeavour and X5 are totally different , it's not that both can replace each other. Sit on rear bench of X5 & Endeavour, even on a regular road you will immediately realise and then the kind of G that you get in X5 from that sweet 6 cylinders. Of course, if you want to go on a dirt track or Himalayas endeavour will be a better option - how about keeping some money aside for couple of months and then picking up new endeavour by which time deliveries will be better and we might see a newer variant with a start-stop button
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2016, 12:00   #509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
Folks,

I cancelled mine with a Bangalore dealer...it took over a month of followups before I got my money. Not a pleasant experience but not something unexpected either.
indusboy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2016, 14:12   #510
BHPian

@Turbanator,

Thanks for the response mate, made me feel much better !

I went ahead and bought the X5 only for that 6 cylinder diesel (not really for that coveted 'BMW' brand appeal) and for that extra 'G', not expecting this initial ownership experience.

As you said, the fault with fuel pump could be for the reasons you stated mostly, while a manufacturing defect can't be ruled out. There were couple other black & blue X5's in their stock yard when I visited, so I didn't pay much attention to note the vehicle manufacturing date & stuff. I didn't notice other signs of vehicle wear & tear, so it isn't a used one.

Negotiating with BMW India for "10 year BSI Plus (no repair)" or "Full refund", they've come close to offering 6 year BSI/1.2L km + 6 year Repair/unlimited mileage, after a lot of heated up conversations and email exchanges with the customer support team.

Will take the vehicle back ASAP on their package confirmation. I do realize that extended periods of stay at their service centers can lead to more damage than what's already done. I've made them park a brand new X5 (which I can't use) at home until this issue is resolved though.

Yes, I've already thought about saving that extra bucks during next 2 years for that more complete version of new Endy less initial niggles, for dirt track stuff !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post

Can you go little deeper into this - did you did some PDI before taking delivery ? or can you find some other signs of a vehicle in use before delivery to you.

Why I am asking you this is because if vehicle is not used and was merely sitting on stocks then you should give a chance , perhaps due to low / nil fuel some parts of fuel pump ( rubber seals most likely ) have gone bad.
Don't let your car sit for any time longer than required at the dealership, you have paid for it , take it back ASAP. Continue to ask for extended warranty // BSI .

how about keeping some money aside for couple of months and then picking up new endeavour by which time deliveries will be better and we might see a newer variant with a start-stop button
niruvrs9669 is offline   Reply With Quote