Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 8th May 2016, 04:02   #601
BHPian

Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossiter View Post
Just for kicks, parked my XUV next to my Endeavour for a quick comparo. Some photos
Congratulations
I see that you are in love with the Sunset red, almost similar to the one on your XUV500 , right?

Last edited by Aditya : 8th May 2016 at 07:14. Reason: Trimming quoted text
ecosport rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2016, 10:37   #602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post

Congratulations Harsha
Fantastic colour choice
Eagerly waiting for your ownership review.
Hope it serves you as good as the Toyota

Thanks you kumar. I am prepared for a higher maintainance when compared to our toyotas, should see how it fares.

Small update:

We will be taking delivery in the coming week (probably on tuesday or Wednesday). Just like any other dealer, Our ford dealer is not allowing us to take insurance from outside. Showroom insurance price is Rs 1,13,000/- where as i got a quote of Rs 80,000/- approximately from our regular insurance agent (both being nil-dep policies). Have mailed ford india and also registered a complaint from their customer care, they clearly told its not mandatory to take insurance and essential kit (10k) from the showroom. Eagerly waiting to see how this goes.

To fellow owners, i would like to you if any of you have picked up the essential kit, if yes, then price and what all are included in it. My dealer here dont have much idea of that apart from saying that its mandatory to take essential kit according to ford india guidelines (which I think is a false claim)
harsha.muvva is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2016, 10:53   #603
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Our ford dealer is not allowing us to take insurance from outside. Showroom insurance price is Rs 1,13,000/- where as I got a quote of Rs 80,000/- approximately from our regular insurance agent
I will suggest you to visit your dealership before they issue cover note and ask them to check premium for New India as well, by my experience , FORD portal ( sort of ) allows dealers to book insurance from different companies and New India is amongst cheaper option within their network. Even though sales guys will suggest you otherwise, ask him to crosscheck in your presence -they use a web-based Third party online system to generate / calculate insurance premium. In mine case, they had issued the cover note of Royal sundaram by the time I went to take delivery but I insisted for New India , so they had to cancel old one and issue New India which came about Rs 10,000 less, I remember having paid less than 80 K via ford dealership.

Last edited by Turbanator : 8th May 2016 at 10:57.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2016, 11:01   #604
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha.muvva View Post
Thanks you kumar. I am prepared for a higher maintainance when compared to our toyotas, should see how it fares.
Congrats Harsha. It is one beast of an SUV. I like this so much over the Fortuner. I'm sure you will have a lot of fun in it

Now can we expect it do some duties of luggage carrier for our rides?
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2016, 12:29   #605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Even though sales guys will suggest you otherwise, ask him to crosscheck in your presence -they use a web-based Third party online system to generate / calculate insurance premium. In mine case, they had issued the cover note of Royal sundaram by the time I went to take delivery but I insisted for New India , so they had to cancel old one and issue New India which came about Rs 10,000 less, I remember having paid less than 80 K via ford dealership.
Thanks for this information, will definitely try this. I remember him telling me about the portal and they have 4 options like iffco tokyo, new india, royal sundaram and something else. However I was told iifco is offering the best premium which is Rs 1,13,000/-

I have had similar reluctance with a honda dealer in past, which resolved with the intervention of honda india. Hoping for a similar experience here as well.

The owner of dealership who owns a new Endeavour, claims even they have paid Rs 1,13,000 for insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Congrats Harsha. It is one beast of an SUV. I like this so much over the Fortuner. I'm sure you will have a lot of fun in it

Now can we expect it do some duties of luggage carrier for our rides?
Thanks avi, Sure it does have much better road presence than Fortuner. We should do a Pan India ride to fully use the luggage capacity of Endeavour
harsha.muvva is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2016, 13:21   #606
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for this information, will definitely try this. I remember him telling me about the portal and they have 4 options like iffco tokyo, new india, royal sundaram and something else. However I was told iifco is offering the best premium which is Rs 1,13,000/-

I have had similar reluctance with a honda dealer in past, which resolved with the intervention of honda india. Hoping for a similar experience here as well.

The owner of dealership who owns a new Endeavour, claims even they have paid Rs 1,13,000 for insurance .

Thanks avi, Sure it does have much better road presence than Fortuner. We should do a Pan India ride to fully use the luggage capacity of Endeavour
WOW! Pan India ride
I am going to be driving the Endeavour all the way.

Harsha, the dealer makes a hefty commission on the insurance.

Last edited by ecosport rules : 8th May 2016 at 13:23.
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2016, 16:34   #607
BHPian

Quote:
Our ford dealer is not allowing us to take insurance from outside. Showroom insurance price is Rs 1,13,000/- where as i got a quote of Rs 80,000/- approximately from our regular insurance agent (both being nil-dep policies).
I bought insurance from Reliance through my regular agent and it was around 69k. That's for 3.2 Titanium fully covered.

Regarding essentials I think I paid 9k and for that they give interior floor mats and boot rubber mat.
Harshavarthan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2016, 20:21   #608
BHPian

Took delivery of my Sunset Red 3.2 Titanium on Saturday at Lathangi Ford , JP Nagara , Bengaluru..

Unexpectedly i got a call from the dealer few days back, asking me to pay up immediately (Actually they pushed me to make payment within an hour), Luckily I could make a quick part payment immediately and the remaining was made the next day.Overall cycle time for delivery was 2 Months 10 Days. Not bad.

DAY1:
Over all delivery experience was good.They managed to blow my fuse once by informing me Just few hours before the delivery, that the essential kit and stickers had not arrived. However i made it up by giving token gifts to all whom i blasted
Dealer had arranged a party popper and a black forest cake and photographed us cutting the cake in front of the car.
I gave the dealership good reviews since i realized that they had in fact put genuine efforts to make the delivery in a very short notice.

Since i'm only ~5Ft7in the size of the car was extremely intimidating for me , my wife and my 5 year old daughter. I even had thoughts that probably i made a hasty decision. A lot of thoughts flashed through my mind including my extremely light bank balance post this purchase , a possible recession threat looming large on the Bangalore IT space,Fitting the Bell Curve next year and what not...
But once i cranked the engine, all worries vanished and i was like 'what the heck, its just one life.." On a positive note,probably this purchase would make me more disciplined and serious in my job, I may become boss's blue eyed boy.. since i would need my job all the more now to pay this off. So i'm off to work early tomorrow with well oiled hair and well pressed formals.

The drive back home was pretty eventful, infamous Bangalore traffic was acting with aggressive vengeance,front and back sensors were firing indiscriminately resembling a psychotic cacophony and my 5 year old was pestering me every 5 minutes to let her stick her head out of the sunroof.I could manage upto 5 'NO' at a time and then i would eventually give up with a 'YES'. This continued in an endless loop till we reached home.I went to some of the worst traffic infested places immediately to drop my Brother In Law,the drive was a bit unnerving due to the size of the car.But I was once pleasantly surprised when a Honda city which arrogantly came on to the main road from a side road, reversed promptly to let me go. All what i experienced in my Wife's Fabia during such situations was "Oi Hinde Hogu" ("Oi back off" in Kannada) all these years. We were met with lot of stolen glances everywhere.I realized that attention this vehicle garnered was not because it is the epitome of luxury, but because the sightings of this car are rare as of now.

Late night I cleaned the vehicle for early morning Pooja. If not anything else,there is one "MANDATORY accessory" all should buy for this car. A big long "BATLA Aluminium ladder".There are places all over this car which i have no clue how to reach to clean.A feeling of being intimidated came back once again and me and my wife stood in front of the car at 12:30 in the night looking at each other and "Looking UP" to the massive bonnet.We Both sighed deeply and went to sleep.

DAY2:
Woke up exactly at 5:30AM without an Alarm.Not sure if it was due to excitement or due to the empty feeling which is all over me ever since i made the payment. After Morning Pooja and break fast we drove to Maddur ~70KMS from Bangalore on Bangalore-Mysore Highway to have Coffee and checkout the car.Since 2001 I have driven umpteen times on this road to my Native Calicut in Kerala, in Esteem, Fabia , Rapid and Scorpio.(Not that the above mentioned cars are the bench mark of anything related to Cars), but today's drive was by far was the most exciting drive till date. Cabin is whisper quiet (except for the repeated requests to open the sunroof).Car gets into 3 digit speeds before one realizes.Acceleration is amazing and power delivery very linear.There was never a dearth of power or a 'wanting for more' feeling that i have been accustomed to all these years. Can some one tell me the DO's and Dont's of Run in period for this car ?

I got to experience some good rains while coming back today evening and that gave me another reason to worry.Looks like my rain sensing wipers is not working . I checked the manual and did what they have written, Still no luck. Any clues ?

I have two long drives planned this month, can some one kindly let me know the max speed that i could attain during the run in period and how longs is a typical run in period for these type of cars (if that matters) ?

Hope to see more happy owners in coming days.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-endevour.jpg  

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 8th May 2016 at 20:25. Reason: Smileys = 2/post. Thanks.
pajero4me is offline   (13) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2016, 20:22   #609
BHPian

A quick question on registration card (RC), I got my number (from dealer) by March end. so far the registration card has not come in. a search using number on http://164.100.80.164/vehiclesearch/ shows "vehicle not found".

Does anyone has any pointers for me to start follow up (dealer is pointing to RTO delay).
Thanks in advance.
sknair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2016, 20:38   #610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
A quick question on registration card (RC), I got my number (from dealer) by March end. so far the registration card has not come in. a search using number on http://164.100.80.164/vehiclesearch/ shows "vehicle not found".

Does anyone has any pointers for me to start follow up (dealer is pointing to RTO delay).
Thanks in advance.

When I checked with RTO Vadodara, they said, it can take anywhere upto 3 months. So I have cooled down because they gave me a registration paper based on what I am travelling out of state as I write.

I am in Mumbai currently and will appreciate if anyone can give pointers as to where I can buy 2 or 3 step stools for my Mom to get in the car. I was thinking of approaching Ajanta to make one for me with required foot print, folding and light weight. Any pointers will definitely help.

Last edited by Zappo : 9th May 2016 at 20:33. Reason: Use Edit/Multiquote buttons to avoid back to back posts.
htanna is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2016, 20:59   #611
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations
I see that you are in love with the Sunset red, almost similar to the one on your XUV500 , right?
Thanks! Yes all my cars are in this colour. Started with the XUV, and has carried on with the e2o, Cooper and now the Endeavour

Quote:
Just like any other dealer, Our ford dealer is not allowing us to take insurance from outside. Showroom insurance price is Rs 1,13,000/- where as i got a quote of Rs 80,000/- approximately from our regular insurance agent (both being nil-dep policies). Have mailed ford india and also registered a complaint from their customer care, they clearly told its not mandatory to take insurance and essential kit (10k) from the showroom. Eagerly waiting to see how this goes.

To fellow owners, i would like to you if any of you have picked up the essential kit, if yes, then price and what all are included in it. My dealer here dont have much idea of that apart from saying that its mandatory to take essential kit according to ford india guidelines (which I think is a false claim)
My dealer insisted on taking insurance from him as well, and the difference was similar to what you have mentioned in your post. I refused and went ahead with my own insurance, and he accepted.

OT: Did we meet at a track day last year in Kari?
Rossiter is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2016, 21:56   #612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harshavarthan View Post
I bought insurance from Reliance through my regular agent and it was around 69k. That's for 3.2 Titanium fully covered.

Regarding essentials I think I paid 9k and for that they give interior floor mats and boot rubber mat.
Thanks for the info, will be checking with the dealer here on what they are providing in essential kit (as of today, they are saying mud flaps, door mats, visors..etc but nothing concrete)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossiter View Post

My dealer insisted on taking insurance from him as well, and the difference was similar to what you have mentioned in your post. I refused and went ahead with my own insurance, and he accepted.

OT: Did we meet at a track day last year in Kari?
I wish my dealer too accepted rather than playing the "mandatory" card. But at the same time they don't want me to write a mail to ford india.

Yes indeed, me along with my friend on Rsv4 came from hyderabad. I was thinking it must be you after noticing "The one" in your picture

Quote:
Harsha, the dealer makes a hefty commission on the insurance.
Yeah, Totally. If the difference is minimal, I would have left it at that.
harsha.muvva is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2016, 00:39   #613
BHPian

Question for all 3.2 and 2.2 autotranny owners here.
What is the fuel efficiency both on highway and in congested city traffic?
Did anyone try tankfull method to determine the same?

Thanks in advance
ecosport rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2016, 10:21   #614
BHPian

Quote:
Question for all 3.2 and 2.2 autotranny owners here.
What is the fuel efficiency both on highway and in congested city traffic?
Did anyone try tankfull method to determine the same?

Thanks in advance
Mine is a 3.2. Less than 1000 kms. Tankful method gave me 9.55 with 20 % city 80% highway with light foot. Driving with less than 2000-2100 rpm to run in.
drjones is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2016, 11:18   #615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pajero4me View Post
DAY2:
Woke up exactly at 5:30AM without an Alarm.Not sure if it was due to excitement or due to the empty feeling which is all over me ever since i made the payment.
Don't worry too much. With modern automobiles, you can't go too wrong, unless it's a Skoda TSI AT gearbox. The feeling of having splurged can be very intimidating. As you correctly course-corrected on Day 1 "it's only one life".

Enjoy the SUV and keep sharing your ownership experiences.

t2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote