Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2016, 13:12   #736
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,112
Thanked: 617 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post

The Fortuner is cheaper because they offer 2.4 and Ford does not offer 2.2 in South Africa/Australia. Neither there is a manual tranny on offer I believe. A 2.2 with Manual gearbox should cost same or undercut the Fortuner.

From the review I think the Fortuner comparable to the ford 3.2 was still cheaper than the Ford by about 60K. The lower end Toyota was even cheaper but spec matched too the T Fort was cheaper by 60k or so. In India, I would expect the next gen 4x4 A/T Fortuner to be more expensive than its Ford counterpart. That's what I meant.

Given that his review indicated that the two were evenly matched, the Toyota took it on price in SA. Here it will be more expensive for sure given the Endy is almost matched to old T Fort prices.
Axe77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2016, 10:03   #737
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: TVM, BLR, HYD
Posts: 477
Thanked: 538 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Not able to find any Michelin AT tyres. So dropped the idea of tyre upgrade and living with the MRF wanderer. I deflated the tyres and got nitrogen, filled 33psi and ride is good. Did not figure out how to use the Tyre Pressure monitoring system and no warnings yet, so i guess things are fine for now. Still struggling to find a guy who can do seat covers, no readymade covers available as the car is not "popular" in the market yet. Someone promised he can do custom stitch of seat covers for the car and i am exploring that option. Problem is he needs one full day just for measurement and 4-5 hours for fitting, so I am yet to confirm. If anyone got seat covers for the endeavour, please do share your experience.

Started spotting more endeavours on the road, only feedback is 3.2 is powerful (maybe i feel as i come from lower powered vehicles). Ford can think of detuning this engine a little lower and strike a balance but i am no expert on that.

The headlights are good enough. Was initially thinking of an upgrade but backed out to avoid bothering others with high intensity lights from my vehicle. in the city drive, there was hardly any instance where i had to use the bright option, the xenon lamps in the dim mode gives good visibility. I will post my ownership experience sometime soon.

I do not see any reason why this cannot be a big hit worldwide (100 countries is what Ford says the everest/endeavour will be available). If this car is not selling good numbers even after Fortuner arrives, i'd blame Ford executives. Hope they won't lose the plot like how Mitsubishi did in India.

My dealership experience was excellent. There are 3 Ford dealers in the city. I went to all the three, and the last one did their job extremely well (and i hope ford will fix the inconsistency very soon to make every dealership experience great). I got the color choice and a May built vehicle. I waited close to 3.5 months. Could have got the car earlier in May but had last minute surprises with the lease agreement, paper work. The Sales manager kept updating me when the vehicle was manufactured, loading status (to the truck), truck location and estimated time of arrival and the day he unloaded the car, asked me to check the vehicle and confirm. They were very helpful in doing the PDI, maintained timeliness throughout my interaction. If i say i am coming at 9.30 (and i reached on time) the guys would be there at the yard or showroom at least five mins before and will call to check my status. That was great, because you hardly find guys maintaining time.

Last edited by sunishsamuel : 3rd June 2016 at 10:17.
sunishsamuel is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2016, 14:11   #738
BHPian
 
ssriram75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 51
Thanked: 7 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post

My dealership experience was excellent. There are 3 Ford dealers in the city. I went to all the three, and the last one did their job extremely well (and i hope ford will fix the inconsistency very soon to make every dealership experience great). I got the color choice and a May built vehicle. I waited close to 3.5 months. Could have got the car earlier in May but had last minute surprises with the lease agreement, paper work. The Sales manager kept updating me when the vehicle was manufactured, loading status (to the truck), truck location and estimated time of arrival and the day he unloaded the car, asked me to check the vehicle and confirm. They were very helpful in doing the PDI, maintained timeliness throughout my interaction. If i say i am coming at 9.30 (and i reached on time) the guys would be there at the yard or showroom at least five mins before and will call to check my status. That was great, because you hardly find guys maintaining time.
Which city/dealership are you referring to? The last one who did a good job?
ssriram75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2016, 15:30   #739
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: TVM, BLR, HYD
Posts: 477
Thanked: 538 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssriram75 View Post
Which city/dealership are you referring to? The last one who did a good job?

City - Hyd

The dealership who did the good job - Vibrant Ford.
sunishsamuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2016, 16:51   #740
BHPian
 
kimianks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 180
Thanked: 136 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Just had a TD of the Endy again. With regards to the condensation on the room, I hopped onto the board and the area was actually cooler than the rest of the roof, water dripping from the rear right tyre as well.

As shown in the Pics, the TD Vehicle also had a misaligned right and left side front bumper, ofcourse there was a little damage as well
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-ford.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-ford1.jpg  


Last edited by kimianks : 3rd June 2016 at 16:59.
kimianks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2016, 17:06   #741
BHPian
 
LionX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Cochin / Bangalore
Posts: 379
Thanked: 361 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
Not able to find any Michelin AT tyres. So dropped the idea of tyre upgrade and living with the MRF wanderer.
You may need to check with Madhus Enterprises Langford Road, Bangalore.
Since most of the Michelin tyres are imported to India, It wont be difficult for them to get 265/60 R18 tyres for you. They are importing from Europe & Thailand.
LionX is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2016, 17:26   #742
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: TVM, BLR, HYD
Posts: 477
Thanked: 538 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimianks View Post
Just had a TD of the Endy again. With regards to the condensation on the room, I hopped onto the board and the area was actually cooler than the rest of the roof, water dripping from the rear right tyre as well.

As shown in the Pics, the TD Vehicle also had a misaligned right and left side front bumper, ofcourse there was a little damage as well
1) I did not find the condensation issue, but yes, found the water leakage near the rear right tyre. Guess this is normal (safari used to have it on the front left wheel i guess). I hope the water drain pipe/channel is insulated well that i do not need to worry about corrossion issues in future. I have been looking for a workshop manual/exploded view of the ac piping for everest online but does not seem to find one.

2) The bumper alignment issue possibly due to a nudge or accident (considering this is a TD vehicle)

3) Here are the pics from my car, do not see the alignment issue. I checked couple of other cars (2.2 titanium, 3.2 Trend) at the showroom and all seemed fine.

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-1.jpg

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-2.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
You may need to check with Madhus Enterprises Langford Road, Bangalore.
Since most of the Michelin tyres are imported to India, It wont be difficult for them to get 265/60 R18 tyres for you. They are importing from Europe & Thailand.
I have asked a friend of mine to check this. Will decide based on the availability and price. But 99% i might skip if the rates are not great. According to the dealers, MRF is costing 7250, while the Yokohama and Michelin will cost double that price.

Last edited by sunishsamuel : 3rd June 2016 at 17:49.
sunishsamuel is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2016, 17:36   #743
BHPian
 
nareshtrao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 304
Thanked: 168 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
1)
I have asked a friend of mine to check this. Will decide based on the availability and price. But 99% i might skip if the rates are not great. According to the dealers, MRF is costing 7250, while the Yokohama and Michelin will cost double that price.
From what I gather the current Wanderers are fairly good tyres and last well. Changing them would cost anywhere between 12k per tyre after exchange for Yokos to over 15-18k per tyre if you go for Pirelli or Michelin.

And the size being not easily available, one will have to source and wait. Changing one later will also be an issue.

Not really worth the upgrade. Best is to use these for 25-30k and then change.
nareshtrao is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2016, 18:08   #744
BHPian
 
kimianks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 180
Thanked: 136 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Does the Endeavour have an HDMI port? I saw some videos on youtube. Could Existing Owners confirm this?
kimianks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2016, 11:29   #745
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Kanchipuram
Posts: 164
Thanked: 58 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
I suggest you buy the extra alloy even if it costs you 45000.(always better to have a spare alloy)
Also you will secure yourself against non availability and hike in price



13KMPL is quite decent for a 2.2 litre truck

Is one number alloy is 45000? ....I was planning to buy an alloy for my spare, 18 inch. Spare is 17 inch in 3.2. Wondering whether it will fit in the spare wheel well...any ideas please?
drjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2016, 02:34   #746
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 46
Thanked: 24 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Hi friends,

I got my 3.2 Titanium Red after a great deal of push at all level. It was more than 4 months of waiting. I am certain the dealer was not fair in his dealings.

The car is good just did about 600 kms and the city and highway mix is 8.2 Km / litre
It is a powerful vehicle. I had Mitsubishi Outlander for 6 years and I am a big fan. Had they not stopped selling , I would have certainly gone for the latest outlander only.

Well that was my thought before I took my new Endy for a ride. The only difference on the negative side was the initial pick up of a Diesel engine vs a petrol. ( outlander is petrol ).

Did soft off roading in the countryside with good hill incline and not track or path. It climbed like a pro and no issues in climbing down. Unfortunately , I forgot my phone hence couldn't click pictures.

A question to Pros- any thread on the degree of claim this car can be tried upto while up hill and down hill.

Any idea on how to help tow another car in case of eventuality. I saw a couple of cars stranded enroutr Pune -Mum and I felt like helping. Any suggestions on this ?

Rolling down and rolling up of Windows via key remote is beautiful feature. Boot operations of opening and closing from key and driver side is a Very helpful and innovative feature.
Shamsher is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2016, 06:28   #747
BHPian
 
nareshtrao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 304
Thanked: 168 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjones View Post
Is one number alloy is 45000? ....I was planning to buy an alloy for my spare, 18 inch. Spare is 17 inch in 3.2. Wondering whether it will fit in the spare wheel well...any ideas please?
Yes. It will fit. The spare is 265/65 R17 and the road wheels are 260/60 R18 and hence the outer diameter is similar and the width is same.

However 45 k for spare is not worth it. Best is to rotate 4 wheels and use the spare for emergency - while they specify 80 kmph limit for spare, it can actually do more given the same width.
nareshtrao is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2016, 07:12   #748
BHPian
 
nareshtrao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 304
Thanked: 168 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
Yes. It will fit. The spare is 265/65 R17 and the road wheels are 260/60 R18 and hence the outer diameter is similar and the width is same.

However 45 k for spare is not worth it. Best is to rotate 4 wheels and use the spare for emergency - while they specify 80 kmph limit for spare, it can actually do more given the same width.
Correction - Road Wheels are 265/60 R 18 - Typo - Ran out of edit time after I read it again. Sorry. Rest of the comments are correct.
nareshtrao is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2016, 10:53   #749
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Kanchipuram
Posts: 164
Thanked: 58 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
Yes. It will fit. The spare is 265/65 R17 and the road wheels are 260/60 R18 and hence the outer diameter is similar and the width is same.

However 45 k for spare is not worth it. Best is to rotate 4 wheels and use the spare for emergency - while they specify 80 kmph limit for spare, it can actually do more given the same width.
Thanks for the reply. The problem is, I got 5 geolanders, exchanged it for the MRF in less than 100 kms, forgetting about the size different spare, now one tire is left behind. I thought of getting an alloy and fixing it. Tire Dealer is not taking it back. I can also give the new tire to someone who's changing to Geolanders. Now, in a fix.
drjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2016, 10:58   #750
BHPian
 
nareshtrao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 304
Thanked: 168 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjones View Post
Thanks for the reply. The problem is, I got 5 geolanders, exchanged it for the MRF in less than 100 kms, forgetting about the size different spare, now one tire is left behind. I thought of getting an alloy and fixing it. Tire Dealer is not taking it back. I can also give the new tire to someone who's changing to Geolanders. Now, in a fix.
Uh Oh. Which Geolanders did you get? And how much was the retail price in TN and how much buy back you got? What size? Same as OEM 265/60 R18?

I got a quote for 11.5 K per tyre exchange and hence dumped the idea.

Ideally the tyre guy should take it - maybe for a k or two less.

How about selling on Amazon or eBay?
nareshtrao is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Preview: Ford Endeavour S2!!! Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 849 16th February 2016 16:25
First official pics-2011 Ford ranger/ Endeavour sidindica The International Automotive Scene 9 28th May 2013 11:53


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:36.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks