Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 26th June 2016, 13:31   #796
BHPian

Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

To owners with the bumper alignment issue, My dealer acknowledges that it is a quality issue and assures me that they've lodged a complaint with Ford and are waiting to hear back on the fix. What has been your experience? Have you received a fix, are you in the process of it?
Ayedongivadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2016, 15:13   #797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayedongivadam View Post
Have you received a fix, are you in the process of it?
I will be in Pune by mid july will talk to the dealer and see what reply i get. Do keep us informed regarding the reply you get from ford.

Plan to get 3m nomad mats for the monsoons. Has anybody got it done? Suggest if any other options available to keep the carpet from getting dirty.
architkarpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2016, 15:51   #798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek3001 View Post
Bhpians who have got their Endeavours,Where did you guys get your cars insured from?What was the premium?
My dealer's quote is about INR 1,20,000/- for zero depreciation policy,seems a little steep to me.
I was also quoted a similar amount of Rs 1,20,000/- for Zero-Dep insurance policy from the dealer. However I got a quote approximately Rs 75,000 From ICICI (zero dep+consumables add-on). They were very reluctant to allow me get insurance from outside. After shooting a mail to "Ford India' and registering formal complaint, they agreed to let me take insurance from our agent.

You can also try doing the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayedongivadam View Post
To owners with the bumper alignment issue, My dealer acknowledges that it is a quality issue and assures me that they've lodged a complaint with Ford and are waiting to hear back on the fix. What has been your experience? Have you received a fix, are you in the process of it?
I have noticed the bumper alignment issue on mine too, but not as much as in photos shared by others. I am yet to take the issue with dealer and will be doing it along with the service. Good to hear that dealers are acknowledging it, rather than saying its by default or some feature
harsha.muvva is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2016, 10:49   #799
BHPian

More videos coming online on youtube, for the new endeavour.

If you watch carefully, the car bumpers seem well aligned. I'd request all the owners with the issue to please escalate to ford for a speedy resolution.

The reviewers of the videos seems to be happy with the car. And i hope my brothers from Punjab will start replacing their ageing Pajero SFX with the new Endeavour . Please watch at your leisure and enjoy.

Language is Malayalam

- nice offroading video

- dealer review
- Ford to Mussoorie
- nice grill and wheel combo

Last edited by sunishsamuel : 28th June 2016 at 11:16.
sunishsamuel is offline   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2016, 14:28   #800
BHPian

Finally after a lot of deliberations, booked the 3.2L Titanium version with Cauvery Ford, Bangalore. Now the long agonising wait starts
sudhir5478 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2016, 18:28   #801
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhir5478 View Post
Finally after a lot of deliberations, booked the 3.2L Titanium version with Cauvery Ford, Bangalore. Now the long agonising wait starts
What is the waiting period being quoted now?

Also a query to all those who have one already - Have you been able to find any good foot mat sets - 3D or otherwise which has all pieces including the middle row hump? I have just not been able to source and the original carpet mats are just so useless in rains.
nareshtrao is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2016, 12:55   #802
BHPian

Waiting period is expected to be minimum of 3 months for 3.2 Titanium version. I'm expecting delivery sometime in September this year.
sudhir5478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2016, 14:34   #803
BHPian

Looks like Toyota Fortuner launch is indefinitely on hold (carblog India). Certainly it won't be launched this year. Good for the new Ford Endeavour.

Last edited by Zappo : 30th June 2016 at 16:43. Reason: Avoid using acronyms like TFort, Endy etc.
sknair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2016, 19:09   #804
BHPian

Between Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium and Innova Crysta 2.8 ZX AT, which one is the most comfortable/reliable one for long drives - from driver's perspective and passengers perspective. I don't have any solid plans for off roading, but I might try it out in the future if the vehicle is a capable one. While I do understand that both cars belong to different segments and price points, I am trying to decide the best option for me from a long term point of view. I took multiple test drives of both the vehicles, but couldn't come to a conclusion

Last edited by ece2k2 : 30th June 2016 at 19:10.
ece2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2016, 19:14   #805
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2 View Post
Between Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium and Innova Crysta 2.8 ZX AT, which one is the most comfortable/reliable one for long drives - from driver's perspective and passengers perspective. I am rarely going to use the 3rd row. While I do understand that both cars belong to different segments and price points, I am trying to decide the best option for me from a long term point of view. I took multiple test drives of both the vehicles, but couldn't come to a conclusion
The Ford provides the best over all package i feel, 3.2 Engine along with some pretty awesome off-roading features adds to its desirability, I would select the Endy personally, Though if you do want the Toyota reliability i doubt there would any car as reliable as it is.

Write down your requirements first i feel.

Last edited by Tanveer_2558 : 30th June 2016 at 19:14. Reason: Adding content.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2016, 19:25   #806
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
The Ford provides the best over all package i feel, 3.2 Engine along with some pretty awesome off-roading features adds to its desirability, I would select the Endy personally, Though if you do want the Toyota reliability i doubt there would any car as reliable as it is.

Write down your requirements first i feel.
Thanks. I am looking for a reliable SUV/MUV for exclusive highway and ghat drives. It should offer a better comfort level than my existing Linea TJet and I am planning to keep this vehicle for atleast 10 years. I have booked both Endeavour 3.2 and Innova ZX AT, but couldn't come to a conclusion. While I liked Endeavour for its commanding driving position and butch styling, I felt it was extremely bumpy compared to Innova - not sure if there was some problem with the test drive vehicle though. Any thoughts?
ece2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2016, 19:51   #807
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. I am looking for a reliable SUV/MUV for exclusive highway and ghat drives. It should offer a better comfort level than my existing Linea TJet and I am planning to keep this vehicle for atleast 10 years. I have booked both Endeavour 3.2 and Innova ZX AT, but couldn't come to a conclusion. While I liked Endeavour for its commanding driving position and butch styling, I felt it was extremely bumpy compared to Innova - not sure if there was some problem with the test drive vehicle though. Any thoughts?
Test drive vehicles are usually abused, Plus you need to drive the car as much as you can on different roads as well as different speeds too so that you can properly judge the ride quality of the car, I found the ride quality of the Endeavour to be good if not great, Haven't driven the new Innova so can't comment on it,

I feel you should test drive both the car's again briefly, I personally feel the endeavour provides more value at that price point, Endeavour can seriously do some good off roading, But if your never going to take it off the road its a no brainer, Innova might suit you more than.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2016, 20:07   #808

I'm in the same boat and compared both cars. I didn't find big difference in the ride of the two vehicles.

Lack of 3 seats in 2nd row in Innova is big downside for me.

My family liked the interior of Endy more than Innova and felt its more premium.

I'm more inclined towards Endy but its hard to ignore reliability of Innova. I drive Altis for the reference.
nrahul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2016, 21:08   #809
BHPian

My patience is really running out now. I was promised delivery by June end but no intimation whatsoever from the dealer. We are already in the thick of the monsoons and I lose value on my existing car by the day.
I am actually considering scrapping the plan of buying the Endy altogether.
I know friends who have booked the Innova and have received delivery in less than 3 weeks.
I am actually considering holding onto my Passat for another year and picking up the Tiguan whenever it arrives at our shores.
My confidence in Ford has been dented as well..specially after reading customer experiences / complaints on Facebook. Ofcourse the Endeavour has not made it to the list but I have started having concerns about the reliability and quality of after sales here.
My Rep has pleaded not to cancel the booking and promised to revert by tomorrow. My father is pretty decided on cancelling as he is sick of waiting for so long...
kimianks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2016, 21:22   #810
BHPian

Quote:
While I do understand that both cars belong to different segments and price points, I am trying to decide the best option for me from a long term point of view. I took multiple test drives of both the vehicles, but couldn't come to a conclusion
If you're okay with not going off-the-road, then go pick the Innova Crysta.
But hold on. There are some drawbacks to a crysta:
1. You'll see cab drivers driving the same vehicle (Mostly a different variant though)
2. The Endy is exclusive. Innova's are too common
landcruiser123 is offline   Reply With Quote