Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2016, 12:27   #976
BHPian
 
sknair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 149
Thanked: 70 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Paint protection film
Can someone confirm this please. 3M quote.
Front bumper 19 sq ft. Rs. 10,108.
Back bumper two piece. 20 sq ft. Rs. 10,640.

Nomad mats. All rows. 30 sqft @304 psqft. Rs. 9120

Please let me know if this is indeed the costs.
sknair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2016, 13:01   #977
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: TVM, BLR, HYD
Posts: 476
Thanked: 533 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

@sknair please negotiate.

I got the following done for Rs. 36453. If you want copy of the bill with items in detail, i can mail you separately.

1) Nomad mats for all rows - Rs. 9k quoted but got discount (i think effectively 30%) as i was doing a package with 3M
2) Front bumper and black bumper paint protection - The film was applied in such a way that the area that consists of the number plate at front was excluded. But other parts are well covered. Including the bottom part of rear bumper.
3) Paint protection/sealent treatment.
4) UnderBody coating with 5 year warranty. And the free check ups per schedule.
5) In the same price, he also added the film to the running board, the area behind the door handles (the recessed part).

Hope this helps. I am at Hyderabad so the prices might be different but i feel you should get more services for the same price.
sunishsamuel is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2016, 13:51   #978
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: TN38
Posts: 939
Thanked: 88 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
This is a relevant point, I fiddle with the touchpad to increase or decrease the fan speed. Is there a voice command to control this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
This was also one of my gripes with the Endy, causing me to pass on it.

The center dashboard console tilts at an angle that is opposite to a Fortuner and my Safari Dicor. The Fortuner and the Dicor's center consoles both give great visibility (as they are located far enough away to be visible in your peripheral vision) and can also be reached at an arm's length, as the top of the center console tilts upward *away* from the bottom, like a hill.

However, the Endy's center console slightly intrudes into the cabin, with the angle vertical or almost opposite from the other 2 vehicles, making it *very* difficult to figure out the controls there - as they are black and due to the angle, not lit by sunlight coming in somehow.
Pattern-righted "Blackberry kind of switches" can be invented with little R&D if car manufacturers tend to design switches in the center console accessible, since they are used only by the drivers most of the time. The dashboards from Ecosport or Figo/Apire are just funky looking, and not even close to usabilty.

I found the voice in Endy is useless to me. I am either not trained to it, or not have enoigh patience to learn it. To me, the voice is just one another fancy useless stuff.

Instead, I would have been pleased with a AC control.

Voume control/Mute, AC Fan control are the wide used ones. Even if they have made the AC fan buttons twice or thrice the size would have been made it beter. OR the best solution is a knob based control instead of this tiny + - Buttons.

(Will #Ford listen to this thread?) I am going to ask A.S.S first - I am sure, I will be getting a negative answer, and then going to write Ford support before pushing this to a thirdparty AC Mechanic with some knowledge in electricals who should be able to help or atleast say a no.

If anyone of you have plan to try this - please kindly post your experience here.

BTW, tried to check is there is any voice control - http://www.india.ford.com/sync/suppo...17028253&v=101 (14th Aug 1:58 PM)


//Service Unavailable - DNS failure

The server is temporarily unable to service your request. Please try again later.
Reference #11.648def75.1471163160.11685872//


If I write this to Ford they will forward their website issue to A.S.S - which happened to me before. Ford's support strategy is sometome make no sense.
I see

Last edited by agbenny : 14th August 2016 at 13:58.
agbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2016, 15:18   #979
BHPian
 
sknair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 149
Thanked: 70 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
@sknair please negotiate.

I got the following done for Rs. 36453. If you want copy of the bill with items in detail, i can mail you separately.

1) Nomad mats for all rows - Rs. 9k quoted but got discount (i think effectively 30%) as i was doing a package with 3M
2) Front bumper and black bumper paint protection - The film was applied in such a way that the area that consists of the number plate at front was excluded. But other parts are well covered. Including the bottom part of rear bumper.
3) Paint protection/sealent treatment.
4) UnderBody coating with 5 year warranty. And the free check ups per schedule.
5) In the same price, he also added the film to the running board, the area behind the door handles (the recessed part).

Hope this helps. I am at Hyderabad so the prices might be different but i feel you should get more services for the same price.
please send me a copy of the bill, I have PMed you my email id.
Thanks you.
sknair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2016, 22:54   #980
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 5
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Mod note: Post edited. Please avoid using more than 2 smilies in a post, affects readability.

My tryst with the Endeavour has begun guys..! Took Delivery of the blackness!! on Friday. Since this thread has been well saturated with initial comments on the car itself I will just share the few memorable events of the ownership experience.

First the pleasant ones

1) The new ford Dealership in the form of Hans ford offered a fairly good buying experiences right from offering multiple test drives, even first thing on Sunday morning to sending a pickup car for our family to take delivery of the vehicle
2) Although the entire period of the time between the booking of the vehicle, ( May 16) to getting to drive it the first time was spent in revisiting my decision to buy such a humungous vehicle at an equally humongous expense, frequented by threats of diesel bans etc, the first drive and subsequently every drive since has been an overwhelming approval to actually do this.
3) Even though this car has been said to be a very friendly drive, I was a bit surprised that it took me just a couple of days ( 150 Km in all) to get into its character. And what a character it is

Now the ones I'd would like improved

1) The ingress into the car is not smooth esp if you are 5.7+ and use the stepper to get in ( which is convenient) . I don't know if this is more in the Titanium version due to the sunroof "compromise".I brushed my hair more than once. To add to the agony I discovered the cover of the "noise cancellation" mike over the drivers head missing.
I am pretty sure it went missing before I took delivery and yeah the ford guys should replace it !

2) During idling at signals or otherwise there is a certain " Thud " to the engine at not so regular intervals. It almost feels as if someone pushed or knocked against the vehicle. Is this not abnormal ? Any one with similar observations?

3) The layout and access to the controls below the touch screen are all totally screwed ! period !

4) The initial " Grumbling uncle" noise from the engine is bother some but with further acceleration immediately transforms into " Silky smooth arabian stallion "
Thats it I'm done guys and will be back with pictures. ciao !

Last edited by Jaggu : 16th August 2016 at 17:45.
Anand Satya is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2016, 02:45   #981
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 248
Thanked: 70 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand Satya View Post
Now the ones I'd would like improved

1) The ingress into the car is not smooth esp if you are 5.7+ and use the stepper to get in ( which is convenient) . I don't know if this is more in the Titanium version due to the sunroof "compromise".I brushed my hair more than once. To add to the agony I discovered the cover of the "noise cancellation" mike over the drivers head missing.
I am pretty sure it went missing before I took delivery and yeah the ford guys should replace it !
Really? Wow.

I personally would disable any noise cancellation - as I prefer to listen to my engine and all other sounds of my vehicle - that way I can tell the service guys exactly what to fix - as I have done with Concorde Motors for my Dicor recently.

In fact, the sewing-machine noise of the Fortuner's engine (I noted this upon the first test drive) is quite perturbing - but as the engine/SUV has proven reliable for everyone, I guess I have to live with it. After some time, I would probably need to get feedback from the vehicle as it ages...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand Satya View Post
2) During idling at signals or otherwise there is a certain " Thud " to the engine at not so regular intervals. It almost feels as if someone pushed or knocked against the vehicle. Is this not abnormal ? Any one with similar observations?
This is probably the transmission - something I noted doing weird things - but you should be able to pinpoint the reason after some more time driving the car...just keep noting the times when it does this, but it's probably just shifting into neutral.

At least the Fortuner's transmission is very predictable - I once went 15-20 minutes without using the brakes from Fort all the way to Chembur with the Toyota sales folk - it's like (well sort of) driving a US SUV. (They were pretty amazed, but...)

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy : 16th August 2016 at 02:46.
SuperFlyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2016, 15:08   #982
BHPian
 
kimianks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 180
Thanked: 129 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Did a 700 km drive to Mahabaleshwar over the Weekend. Barring the traffic ( which was bad in a few places ), the drive was brisk.

Traffic messed up the efficiency but I feel the SUV is returning lower figures than expected. Got an average of around 8 kmpl. The Return had hardly any traffic and mileage improved to around 10kmpl.

Overtaking was an ease if you operate in the meat band, above 1800/2000 rpm mark else there is a hesitance. Fantastic Cruiser and the Cruise Control takes some time getting used to. I am taking it to Ford tomorrow to see if the PCM can be reset for better efficiency. I have a hunch that my car too has a misaligned right bumper ( very slightly ). If someone has the exact pictures of the same then please share.

Ride Quality and Steering Feedback is unmatched. The Steering makes the car extremely maneuverable in tight spots. I never felt tired behind the wheel and the car chides you to drive it for longer.

Did a bit of off-roading as well. Never had to use the Terrain Management System as the car by itself felt so settled. Hill Descent Control was pretty good too. Had muck and dust and mud all over. A Good Wash at 3M has made it looking brand new again!

With respect to Voice Commands, I am pretty satisfied. If you speak clearly, it does pick our accent. There are cases when you need the American voice to come out but I like the feature. Use it mostly for calls to be made or temperature control.

One thing is certain though. This car is a head-turner! I guess my colour choice too made eyes turn. Many congratulated me on my decision, many told their mates that this should be their next buy. Ofcourse the car isn't flawless, the Engine can be brilliant and sometimes be let down by the gearbox, 3 healthy men make it a squeeze in the 2nd row but overall as a package, its a great buy.
kimianks is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2016, 15:11   #983
BHPian
 
PrideRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: BLR/PTR
Posts: 642
Thanked: 844 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimianks View Post
With respect to Voice Commands, I am pretty satisfied. If you speak clearly, it does pick our accent. There are cases when you need the American voice to come out but I like the feature. Use it mostly for calls to be made or temperature control.
I second your opinion on voice commands, the one in Endeavour is ages ahead of previous sync version which is used in my Ecosport. It picks up the Indian accent quite well and the response time is quite fast.
PrideRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2016, 17:29   #984
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: TVM, BLR, HYD
Posts: 476
Thanked: 533 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
please send me a copy of the bill, I have PMed you my email id.
Thanks you.
Mailed the bill details and sknair mentioned that he also got the package from 3M. I am glad to hear that.

The protective film on the bumper is really helpful. Yesterday one rogue innova came and bumped my car's back at a traffic signal, the car got a minor scratch on the 3M sticker (around 0.5cm) and nothing else happened. In spite of having a front guard, innova's bumper came off and the front guard twisted. The build quality of Ford is great and the sticker saved me from any paint damage.

Interestingly, started seeing more White Endy's with "MLA" sticker, spotted 3 of them in one day. Hope the politicos will endorse it and give some sales to Ford alongside Toyota.

I am still struggling to find seat covers for the Endy. Looks like no shop got them For now, i am getting a towel type cover stitched for the seats. If anyone got lucky finding artificial leather type seat covers, please do let me know. High time Ford releases the seat covers as accessory (like the ecosport ones)

Also, for the prospective buyers, I have a small suggestion. Please negotiate with Ford and do not accept the Mats from Ford (they seem to be forcing customers to buy the Ford Mat's as part of essential kit) Its of no use and the 3M nomad Mats are much better and value for money.

Last edited by sunishsamuel : 16th August 2016 at 17:34.
sunishsamuel is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2016, 17:40   #985
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Back to Chndgrh
Posts: 1,596
Thanked: 1,715 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
During idling at signals or otherwise there is a certain " Thud " to the engine at not so regular intervals.
Congrats for your new Truck ! Is this sound with Air conditioner switched on? Maybe you feel when A/C automatic cutoff kicks in. Can you try without Airconditioner.

Last edited by Turbanator : 16th August 2016 at 17:42.
Turbanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2016, 18:07   #986
BHPian
 
pajero4me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 82
Thanked: 91 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand Satya View Post

2) During idling at signals or otherwise there is a certain " Thud " to the engine at not so regular intervals. It almost feels as if someone pushed or knocked against the vehicle. Is this not abnormal ? Any one with similar observations?
Congrats, Welcome to the Family..

Yes i have experienced (and keep experiencing) this .Initially I used to get shocked and used to turn back quickly to see if some one had bumped against my car from behind.But I think its a gear shift happening to 1st gear or one of the lower gears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Congrats for your new Truck ! Is this sound with Air conditioner switched on? Maybe you feel when A/C automatic cutoff kicks in. Can you try without Airconditioner.
Don't think its due to the AC. Its more similar to the push experienced when you move the shifter to D from N with out your feet on the brakes.So i assumed its its due to the gear shift and learned to ignore it.
pajero4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2016, 21:08   #987
Senior - BHPian
 
coolboy007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,712
Thanked: 1,411 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
I am still struggling to find seat covers for the Endy. Looks like no shop got them For now, i am getting a towel type cover stitched for the seats. If anyone got lucky finding artificial leather type seat covers, please do let me know. High time Ford releases the seat covers as accessory
Please DON'T add on any type of seat covers to this car, your car has curtain airbags and as you can see, there is a airbag sticker on your seats which implies that airbags can open from there in the event of a collision. Addition of any type of seat cover is prohibited and would interfere with the deployment of side airbags, this is the reason Ford has not released any sort of seat covers accessory for Endeavour.

What is the use of buying a car with so much safety and then stopping these safety aids from deploying?
coolboy007 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2016, 21:34   #988
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: TVM, BLR, HYD
Posts: 476
Thanked: 533 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Please DON'T add on any type of seat covers to this car, your car has curtain airbags and as you can see, there is a airbag sticker on your seats which implies that airbags can open from there in the event of a collision. Addition of any type of seat cover is prohibited and would interfere with the deployment of side airbags, this is the reason Ford has not released any sort of seat covers accessory for Endeavour.

What is the use of buying a car with so much safety and then stopping these safety aids from deploying?
I was only trying to protect the seats from dirt. Thanks for the input, i was not aware that seat cover can hamper side airbag deployment.

i am sure there is some solution because there are seat covers available for the Creta (for the variant with curtain airbags) so wondering what's the solution. Hope the towels on the seat won't be an issue ?
sunishsamuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2016, 21:42   #989
BHPian
 
harsha.muvva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: hyderabad
Posts: 181
Thanked: 224 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
Mailed the bill details and sknair mentioned that he also got the package from 3M. I am glad to hear that.
Thanks for the mail, soon I will be going for similar package.

Quote:
Interestingly, started seeing more White Endy's with "MLA" sticker, spotted 3 of them in one day. Hope the politicos will endorse it and give some sales to Ford alongside Toyota.
Same here, the other day saw a white endeavour with black grill. Looked scary, attaching picture of the same. Trying to find a similar grill and probably install led bar behind the grill. Attaching picture of the same



Quote:
I am still struggling to find seat covers for the Endy. Looks like no shop got them For now, i am getting a towel type cover stitched for the seats. If anyone got lucky finding artificial leather type seat covers, please do let me know. High time Ford releases the seat covers as accessory (like the ecosport ones)
.
Like someone else already pointed out, i dont think its OK safety wise to install the seat covers on existing seats as the airbags are seat mounted. May be you can try just for the bottom part of seats without actually stitching the covers over the seats. Totally agree with you, beige seats are pain to maintain

On a different note, did anyone install Auxillary lights/ led bars on the endeavour. I feel that endeavour definitely need a good pair of spot/long throw lights/led bars
Attached Images
 
harsha.muvva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2016, 09:39   #990
BHPian
 
Ayedongivadam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pune
Posts: 152
Thanked: 120 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Got these off Ali a while back. They fit decently well and cover the carpet right up to the edges in all three seat rows.Much better protection than the standard Endeavor carpet mats sold by the dealer.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_20160724_125833.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_20160724_1258242.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_20160724_1259301.jpg  

Ayedongivadam is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Preview: Ford Endeavour S2!!! Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 849 16th February 2016 16:25
First official pics-2011 Ford ranger/ Endeavour sidindica The International Automotive Scene 9 28th May 2013 11:53


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:53.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks