Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 26th September 2016, 14:15   #1096
BHPian

Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Went on another weekend drive to Mahabaleshwar. The Headlights need to have more throw.

Biggest gripe is the gearbox for me. When you need to make the overtake, the gear takes time to engage. When it does, its like a sudden surge of power. The delay of 2 or 3 seconds can leave you in an uncertain position of a go or no go sometimes. The upshift takes time..didn't notice any downshift lag. Definitely serious work needed in the gearbox department.

Potholes, bad roads no problemo. Steering feedback great. Ride Quality Top Notch. Gearbox is the biggest letdown though
kimianks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2016, 15:09   #1097
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
ideally you should approach ford to get it replaced, it can konk off anytime.
Do we have any precedence of them changing prior to breakdown? Anyone on this forum? Appreciate advice.
nareshtrao is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2016, 16:10   #1098
BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/news/ford-en...e-cut-282-lakh

Seems there has been a massive price cut. If this is true, then a lot of existing Trend owners are going to be really annoyed...
Next is Titanium ?

But I strongly suspect this is a Typo on Ford website. How can a 4*2 Trend AT cost almost 1.7 Lakhs less than 4*2 Trend MT. Aren't AT's generally costlier than MT's of the same variants ?

Last edited by pajero4me : 26th September 2016 at 16:15.
pajero4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2016, 17:03   #1099

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
Yes this needs to be replace under warranty, please check if you are getting an improved part.
Gave the vehicle to Hans Ford, Chennai this morning. The service adviser seems to have no clue of this issue being reported across many vehicles. Neither does he feel this is as big a problem for the headlight assembly to be replaced!

He promised that the headlights have been 'adjusted' and they now seem to be working fine. Waiting for the vehicle to come back this evening to check what he really means by 'adjusting' the headlamp. In case it is not fixed, how would the escalation matrix look like?

Thanks,
vijay.sundar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2016, 17:16   #1100
BHPian

Motor beam reports a price cut. I wonder why. I felt this SUV was doing very well. My colony has more than 10 new gen Endys.

Source:
https://www.motorbeam.com/2016/09/ca...rs-2-80-lakhs/
Crazy_Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2016, 18:17   #1101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Bean View Post
Motor beam reports a price cut. I wonder why. I felt this SUV was doing very well
Ford India confirms the price cut. See GTO's post on the other thread

"Ford India just called me. I told them how surprised I was at this news. Please note that, as of date, this is a festive season offer and may or may not last beyond Diwali."

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...2-82-lakh.html
LionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2016, 10:55   #1102
BHPian

I was returning home yesterday evening from office and a Toyota Dealership Manager stopped besides me at a signal and started asking about my 3.2 Titanium Endeavour.

I invited him over to have a good look at my car. He was thoroughly impressed. He also informed me that Toyota Dealerships from Mumbai were interacting and instructing their Managers / Sales Rep to go a study of the Endeavour and give updates about whats on offer, its strengths, drawbacks etc. Every Sales Rep has been instructed to submit a detailed report by the end of this. week.

They have training lined up for the upcoming Fortuner in Pune from Early October.

New Fortuner arrives in November ( as informed to them ). Showdown awaits
kimianks is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2016, 12:10   #1103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimianks View Post
He also informed me that Toyota Dealerships from Mumbai were interacting and instructing their Managers / Sales Rep to go a study of the Endeavour and give updates about whats on offer, its strengths, drawbacks etc. Every Sales Rep has been instructed to submit a detailed report by the end of this. week.They have training lined up for the upcoming Fortuner in Pune from Early October.
As usual Toyota is doing their homework before launching a new vehicle, I bet they will start the production at least 15 days before the launch, just like the Crysta. Ford really need to learn from Toyota.
LionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2016, 13:33   #1104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimianks View Post
I was returning home yesterday evening from office and a Toyota Dealership Manager stopped besides me at a signal and started asking about my 3.2 Titanium Endeavour.

I invited him over to have a good look at my car. He was thoroughly impressed. He also informed me that Toyota Dealerships from Mumbai were interacting and instructing their Managers / Sales Rep to go a study of the Endeavour and give updates about whats on offer, its strengths, drawbacks etc. Every Sales Rep has been instructed to submit a detailed report by the end of this. week.

They have training lined up for the upcoming Fortuner in Pune from Early October.

Impressive work by Toyota indeed. Here is how I would see the market dynamics if i were in the shoes of Ford and had to attack Toyota.

- Toyota still has better brand value with customers in the innova / fortuner segment and heavily milks this through pricing premium.

- Toyota Innova Crysta price is already out there, which in a manner of speaking also benchmarks where they can go with Fortuner when launched.

- Endy has two engine options both with ATs and two trim options each.

- If I were Ford, I would ensure the following (all price references on road):

# My top variant Ford Endy 4x4 AT should be at least 2 / 2.5 lakhs below corresponding Fortuner.
# They should actually have a 4x4 MT top of line with similar price difference to corresponding Fortuner - for the die hard manual 4x4 fans.
# The Trend 2.2 AT (/ MT) should be not more than 2 lakh more than the corresponding Innova ZX AT / MT

That way they make a compelling offering to any prospective ZX Innova buyer who provided he doesn't mind a full fat SUV instead of an MPV (some buyers consciously prefer MPV to SUV although majority would likely prefer an SUV). They also make every Toyota Fortuner loyalist think hard about whether they want the Endeavour instead - a product that's every bit as good (very little to separate the two) but at a meaningful discounted price point.
Axe77 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2016, 10:56   #1105
BHPian

Did anyone try swapping the low beam bulbs with OSRAM nighbreakers ?

Specifications are available here

The low beam needs better light so was thinking of swapping.
sunishsamuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2016, 12:06   #1106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
Did anyone try swapping the low beam bulbs withOSRAM nighbreakers?
I have been using them for the past 7 or so years now both on Hariya (Scorpio CRDe and Chetak (Pajero Sport) and am satisfied with their performance and light improvement.

I recommend them over Philips Diamond Vision and other such bulbs.
n.devdath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2016, 14:45   #1107
BHPian

Quote:

I tried several bulbs on my Cruze, including diamond vision and night breakers. The latter is definitely better. However, the problem lies with the reflectors and I eventually had to install 100/90 bulbs which, from my experience is only marginally better than 60/55 NBs.
On the new Endeavour (Trend 3.2) too, I switched both low and high beams to Night Breakers with no significant improvement. Finally, installed osram HID kit for the low beams and this, I would suggest, is the way to go on the projectors.
I am using night breakers for the high beams and I can safely say that they are the best as stock replacement bulbs for the reflector type high beams.
SCORPION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2016, 18:02   #1108
BHPian

Quote:

I vouch for Osram Nightbreakers. I have them on all my cars and they are brighter, better and last forever. I also have them on Endeavour for High Beam and they have been doing fine. Blind buy. Nothing to worry.
nareshtrao is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2016, 08:36   #1109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
I vouch for Osram Nightbreakers. I have them on all my cars and they are brighter, better and last forever. I also have them on Endeavour for High Beam and they have been doing fine. Blind buy. Nothing to worry.
Any idea how and where can we get it changed in Mumbai ? Also any indication on cost will also help.
Shamsher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2016, 09:35   #1110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Did anyone try swapping the low beam bulbs
You must have Trend version, go for a HID upgrade and results will be very good, can go for osram, costs should be about 8500 or so. I went for the change when I bought, details are in this thread some pages back.
Turbanator is online now   Reply With Quote