Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 8th November 2016, 13:52   #1201

Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

I am trying to get the figure, how many Endy did Ford sell in the month of Oct. Unfortunately google does not have this detail nor has the monthly Team BHP car sale figures come out. Anybody got this data ?
Czarcarsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2016, 14:23   #1202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcarsm View Post
I am trying to get the figure, how many Endy did Ford sell in the month of Oct. Unfortunately google does not have this detail nor has the monthly Team BHP car sale figures come out. Anybody got this data ?
I should have the numbers by tomorrow.

I was also watching Autocar India's review of the Endeavour and they were trying to access the 3rd row incorrectly. There is a lever you pull on the 2nd row of seats which inclines the seat and then you push it forward to open up space. Repeat the same procedure for exiting 3rd Row. Just hope they do it right when the comparison comes out.
kimianks is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2016, 14:36   #1203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimianks View Post

I was also watching Autocar India's review of the Endeavour and they were trying to access the 3rd row incorrectly. There is a lever you pull on the 2nd row of seats which inclines the seat and then you push it forward to open up space. Repeat the same procedure for exiting 3rd Row. Just hope they do it right when the comparison comes out.
Some of the indian reviews are little biased on the new Toyota so i will expect the comparisons to be subjective than objective. I hope to be proven wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcarsm View Post
Looks like October was not a great month for Ford. Not sure of the Endeavour numbers but it can be affected too, considering the new Fortuner launch. Quoting Autocarpro
Quote:
Ford India sold a total of 7,508 vehicles, down 25% (October 2015: 10,008) in the domestic market. Its exports of 14,535 units rose 40% compared to 10,412 units in October 2015. - See more at: http://www.autocarpro.in/analysis-sa....6gCbzjIM.dpuf
In addition, the following statement is encouraging, hope Ford will further improve on their after sales and cost of ownership

Quote:
“The automotive industry is seeing the impact of a good monsoon, Seventh Pay Commission and other macroeconomic indicators like inflation. As we look for the industry momentum to sustain, Ford remains committed to its strategy of product-led innovation, a differentiated customer experience, and breaking the myth on our cost of ownership,” said Anurag Mehrotra, executive director (Marketing, Sales & Service), Ford India. - See more at: http://www.autocarpro.in/analysis-sa....6gCbzjIM.dpuf

Last edited by sunishsamuel : 8th November 2016 at 14:38.
sunishsamuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2016, 14:47   #1204

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimianks View Post
Thank you Sir, that is such an awesome thing you do. I religiously follow that report.
I think with the new Apple Play the new Endy is just amazing for the money. I plan to get one in Q1. If Ford reduces the price to compete against Fortuner, then I might run over myself to the dealer.

I had owned a Ford Taurus for nearly 13 yrs. Drove 170k miles on it. Not as single issue ever during that 13 yrs. Finally before moving to India for good, I donated that car. Now I drive a 2012 New Fiesta DCT automatic. 80k kms of fantastic ride and ownership so far. Slowly Ford is getting that "reliable-durability" image, like Toyota.

Last edited by noopster : 8th November 2016 at 18:10. Reason: Never mind :)
Czarcarsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2016, 14:53   #1205
BHPian

Guys head to the Live Webcast of Ford India. Top Bosses have some announcements to make. Nice to see Ford being proactive about India.

Some Owners have got their Endeavours in a week, 3.2 Titanium that is.

Deliveries have improved, at least in Metropolitan Cities

Last edited by kimianks : 8th November 2016 at 15:10.
kimianks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2016, 16:16   #1206
BHPian

Was Wondering.. Is there any way by which some of the 'Endevour Evangelists' like us would get a chance to upgrade to Sync 3 ? What are the odds ?
pajero4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2016, 16:48   #1207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pajero4me View Post
Was Wondering.. Is there any way by which some of the 'Endevour Evangelists' like us would get a chance to upgrade to Sync 3 ? What are the odds ?

I am pestering "Ford India" to replace the one in my endeavour with Sync 3 as they are not able to solve the radio issue, which is irritating me a lot 😡

Till date, they dont have any answer apart from saying that their techincal team is working on solution (from past few months!!!)
harsha.muvva is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2016, 19:15   #1208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pajero4me View Post
I am willing to pay the difference if such an option is available - as long as I am guaranteed hassle free and seamless upgrade and warranty coverage.
nareshtrao is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2016, 20:07   #1209
Senior - BHPian

So the new Titanium with Sync 3 is now available at Dealerships. However, there is still no Navigation. It's still Extra. There are options to open Apps as well Android Auto. Could not connect as I was carrying iPhone. Sales guys have limited information at the moment as they got the first lot only yesterday. It does appear faster than previous and looks better.

Coming to prices, after budget they have increased prices of Trend by about 1 Lac whereas Titanium was increased by only 50,000. So the recent cut on lower variants will not be passed on Titanium. Local dealer has confirmed to pass me the benefit in case there is a reduction in next 2 months. Rather they are expecting an increase in New Year.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-1pm.jpeg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-2pm.jpeg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-3pm.jpeg  

Turbanator is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2016, 22:15   #1210
BHPian

The announcement from the Ford bosses turns out to be about the new global business and technology center in Chennai with an investment of 1300 crores . Ford is serious about India!
84.monsoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2016, 23:04   #1211
BHPian

Some interesting updates from Ford India.

Sharing the information from Facebook page of Ford India.

Source

Quote:
Sustainability Meets Mobility: Bill Ford hands over two specially equipped Ford Endeavours to World Vision for Rural Education and Healthcare in India.
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-1.jpg

Quote:
Take a look at the two purpose-built Ford Endeavour handed over to World Vision by Bill Ford today – One acting as Mobile Health Van with refrigerator for medicines, TV and AV unit, Wi-Fi provision, stretcher/patient seat, and a small step ladder to help patients enter and exit.
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-2.jpg

Quote:
Second being a Mobile Library, equipped with books, laptops, and Wi-Fi connection, not to miss a TV that will allow children to watch training and educational videos.
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-3.jpg

Quote:
The cars have been turned into mobile power houses with DC Designs.

Last edited by sunishsamuel : 8th November 2016 at 23:05.
sunishsamuel is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2016, 01:01   #1212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
There are options to open Apps as well Android Auto. Could not connect as I was carrying iPhone.
I think SYNC 3 comes with Apple CarPlay as well. Your iPhone should have worked with the new infotainment system.

LionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2016, 14:57   #1213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
..Local dealer has confirmed to pass me the benefit in case there is a reduction in next 2 months. Rather they are expecting an increase in New Year.
Oct domestic sales figures for Ford looks deep red. With the recent anti-black money measures and the uncertainty it created, I would not expect the next 2 months to be any better. So I doubt any price increase for New Year.

I would think this way - Ford has more or less exhausted the play with pricing. They need to figure out a better marketing strategy. Price cuts and face-list will give you only so much, brand development is probably where they will start putting money in.

Wondering loud why they cant just go to big Tech Parks such as Manyata, Embassy, GE tech center etc in B'lore or other big cities and have a 2 day session. Show cut-out section of the car, technology, features, engineering depth etc. Have chat sessions with Ford Senior Engineers. I would think this will go more than just price cuts. Sigh..
Czarcarsm is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2016, 15:27   #1214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oct domestic sales figures for Ford looks deep red
As per local dealer here, they didn't get any shipments for Titanium last month most likely due to Sync upgrade. However, they have few in transit and are eager to pass rebates as well. Yes, you are correct, they have limited options on pricing now, especially considering very high Import contents on these vehicles.
Turbanator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2016, 07:51   #1215
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
The announcement from the Ford bosses turns out to be about the new global business and technology center in Chennai with an investment of 1300 crores . Ford is serious about India!
I am happy they are in for long haul in the country when it comes to innovation and tapping the talent in India. At the same time, it is sad they have not been able to crack the market and it does not look like they are putting enough effort on marketing
tortoise is offline   Reply With Quote