Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2016, 18:24   #1216
BHPian
 
LionX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Cochin / Bangalore
Posts: 379
Thanked: 361 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcarsm View Post
Oct domestic sales figures for Ford looks deep red. With the recent anti-black money measures and the uncertainty it created, I would not expect the next 2 months to be any better. So I doubt any price increase for New Year. Wondering loud why they cant just go to big Tech Parks such as Manyata, Embassy, GE tech center etc in B'lore or other big cities and have a 2 day session. Show cut-out section of the car, technology, features, engineering depth etc. Have chat sessions with Ford Senior Engineers. I would think this
They are not even bothered to reply a mail asking clarification / confirmation on certain features on Endeavour. So demo at different cities at different IT parks may be 'too much' for them. One of my friend was seriously considering the 2.2 4x4 MT variant and sent a mail to confirm whether Sync 3 is available on it. Ford is yet to replay on this. Mail was sent on Oct 28th.

Look at Toyota, they know the ground reality and they have done enough homework before the Fortuner launch.

Look at the Diesel Variants

4x2 MT & 4x2 AT , 4x4 MT & 4x4 AT - Plain and simple !

Then small things like Auto folding ORVM ( They made sure its available as an accessory at least )

I think the 200 Cr brand transformation plan should start with a proper head massage for the Sales & Marketing team, so that they can think straight !
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-fort.jpg  

LionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2016, 15:11   #1217
BHPian
 
Raja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 404
Thanked: 33 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
Then small things like Auto folding ORVM ( They made sure its available as an accessory at least )
As per the Toyota Bharat Website Brochure, the Fortuner comes with
"Electrically Adjustable, Retractable Side Mirrors with Side Turn Indicators"

Now, I don't know what is the difference between Auto Folding and Retractable?
Where would the Side Mirrors retract to if not into a folding position?
Can anyone clarify more in detail?
Raja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2016, 15:27   #1218
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Back to Chndgrh
Posts: 1,604
Thanked: 1,723 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
They are not even bothered to reply a mail asking clarification / confirmation on certain features on Endeavour. So demo at different cities at different IT parks may be 'too much' for them.
Though I have not communicated with them directly, but going by posts in this thread they do reply promptly. Most likely these will be managed on contract, so they might have difficulty in answering queries relating to newer features like in this case.
Quote:
considering the 2.2 4x4 MT variant and sent a mail to confirm whether Sync 3 is available on it
Coming to this particular query, Sync 3 is updated on Titanium versions only at the moment - 2,2 & 3,2. Local dealer should have these in stocks by now.
Turbanator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2016, 15:37   #1219
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: KL 01
Posts: 4,334
Thanked: 2,047 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja View Post
As per the Toyota Bharat Website Brochure, the Fortuner comes with
"Electrically Adjustable, Retractable Side Mirrors with Side Turn Indicators"

Now, I don't know what is the difference between Auto Folding and Retractable?
Where would the Side Mirrors retract to if not into a folding position?
Can anyone clarify more in detail?
Some cars eg: Polo and Jetta has electrically retractable side mirrors but they do not autofold and unfold on lock and unlock. The fortuner probably has electrically retractable side mirrors without autofold and toyota might be selling a "kit" probably a relay of some sort with plug in connectors which does the auto folding and unfolding with lock and unlock.
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2016, 21:47   #1220
Newbie
 
Valhalla1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Chennai
Posts: 21
Thanked: 42 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

So, I took the truck for a drive to my estate today. Played about with the 4x4 settings and got a real feel for its off road prowess. I am very very impressed. I owned the toyota fortuner 4x4 earlier, and this kicks its proverbial butt across town. Its incredibly comfortable, the auto box is so good I dont miss the manual at all. I fact there was a point in which i tried 4x4 Low, the put the box in sport with manual shift and I could shift all the way up to 5th gear in 4x4 low. So it does give you pretty much whatever you need. Even the rear diff lock came in handy when I was backing up with 2 wheels on loose sand and the rear 2 on hard ground. It certainly helped even though Im no expert. All in all love the truck. Getting my 10k service done on wednesday. Lets see how responsive the truck is after that.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_1592.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_1615.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_1613.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_1594.jpg  

Valhalla1979 is offline   (15) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2016, 09:14   #1221
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: TVM, BLR, HYD
Posts: 477
Thanked: 538 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

I dont have an option to comment on the pics (like facebook) so adding another post

The black color on the cladding looks really good. I think the car will look more menacing if the grill is also painted black. Did you paint them or are they wraps ?

That also makes me think, Ford should start offering some options like matt color grill, wheel claddings, bull bar etc. Grill sample Bull bar sample This will appeal to the young at heart and the ones who want to take their vehicle to the wilderness.
sunishsamuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2016, 09:26   #1222
BHPian
 
kimianks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 179
Thanked: 131 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
I dont have an option to comment on the pics (like facebook) so adding another post

The black color on the cladding looks really good. I think the car will look more menacing if the grill is also painted black. Did you paint them or are they wraps ?

That also makes me think, Ford should start offering some options like matt color grill, wheel claddings, bull bar etc. Grill sample Bull bar sample This will appeal to the young at heart and the ones who want to take their vehicle to the wilderness.
I have the Bull Bar with Sensors which is an official Ford Accessory. It gels very well and helps bear any impact to the car.

The Bar is solid metal. Very strong & robust
kimianks is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2016, 12:44   #1223
BHPian
 
LionX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Cochin / Bangalore
Posts: 379
Thanked: 361 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Though I have not communicated with them directly, but going by posts in this thread they do reply promptly. Most likely these will be managed on contract, so they might have difficulty in answering queries relating to newer features like in this case.
That may be correct for the 'existing customers'. I think it doesn't matter whether its managed on contract or owned by Ford India. Being a 'customer care' they are supposed to answer the queries, if they want to sell their product. They can simply update the website & brochure with the details, if educating the customer care executives is difficult for them.
LionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2016, 18:52   #1224
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Jamshedpur
Posts: 15
Thanked: 25 Times
Infractions: 0/2 (10)
Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Hey guys, I need some help. I may not have the budget of above 30 lakhs so does it make sense to buy the 2.2l 4x2 AT Trend that's priced 23.78L. I don't require 4x4 model and I'm guessing from reviews that 2.2l feels better to drive. My requirement is city plus highway. Here in Jharkhand roads are horrible and Duster isn't the most comfortable car. I need more space and comfort and better ride on low quality potholed or broken roads.

My current Duster has already done 70k kms in 3 years and its time for a change now. So wondering whether to go for Trend variant or is Titanium only worth? I'm doing a TD of 3.2l as only that is available in my city on Friday.

Any suggestions?
greatestmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2016, 19:22   #1225
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Back to Chndgrh
Posts: 1,604
Thanked: 1,723 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
wondering whether to go for Trend variant or is Titanium only worth?
After the recent cut of around Rs 2 Lac on Trend versions, these are more VFM probably. 50-60 K can be negotiated on all models. You will be missing Sync3 system more than anything else in my opinion.
Turbanator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2016, 19:52   #1226
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Jamshedpur
Posts: 15
Thanked: 25 Times
Infractions: 0/2 (10)
Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
After the recent cut of around Rs 2 Lac on Trend versions, these are more VFM probably. 50-60 K can be negotiated on all models. You will be missing Sync3 system more than anything else in my opinion.
Ford India site says Sync control is in all the models? Or sync 3 is something new?

BTW Ford Dealer in my city says 4x2 2.2l AT ex showroom price is 25.5 lakhs whereas ford website says 23.78L. He claimed to have no idea about this 23.78L pricing and claims his price list is latest which comes from Ford so he has no control over it.

He also clearly stated that discounts of even 1 rupee is not possible with Ford vehicles. Company doesn't give discounts.
greatestmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2016, 21:28   #1227
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Back to Chndgrh
Posts: 1,604
Thanked: 1,723 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Ford India site says Sync control is in all the models? Or sync 3 is something new?
Yes, it's different. Have a look at below thread.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-e...e-carplay.html

Quote:
4x2 2.2l AT ex-showroom price is 25.5 lakhs whereas ford website says 23.78L
It does vary from state to state due to a different rate of VAT but this difference appears to be large. Double check prices of some other cars say Maruti or Toyota on their website vs local dealers and compare prices with other states. It won't be a bad idea to forward the offer of Ford Dealer to FORD ID and ask them to confirm if the prices are correct for your city, you can mark a copy to your dealer also.
Mail :: custmail@ford.com

Quote:
He also clearly stated that discounts of even 1 rupee is not possible with Ford vehicles
No, that's BS. Won't you have a bigger dealer in nearby place? or can you buy a vehicle in Kolkatta and get it registered at your place? Tell him clearly that there is a special offer on Endeavour currently. Given the present economic situation, you have all the power. Besides Dealers know that in next 15 -20 Days people will postpone purchases to pick 2017 Model Years. If nothing works, wait till January and buy a 2017 model.

Last edited by Turbanator : 14th November 2016 at 21:29.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2016, 00:45   #1228
BHPian
 
LionX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Cochin / Bangalore
Posts: 379
Thanked: 361 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatestmj View Post
Ford Dealer in my city says 4x2 2.2l AT ex showroom price is 25.5 lakhs whereas ford website says 23.78L. He claimed to have no idea about this 23.78L pricing and claims his price list is latest which comes from Ford so he has no control over it.
http://www.india.ford.com/suvs/endeavour

Scroll till the bottom of the page, you can find the prices in different cities
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-ford.jpg  

LionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2016, 11:01   #1229
BHPian
 
kimianks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 179
Thanked: 131 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

https://www.cartrade.com/toyota-cars...ws/206744.html

The CarTrade reviewer believes that the Endeavour is a better product and I am happy that he feels that way. A friend, infact the first 3.2 Titanium owner of Mumbai tried the Fortuner at the Toyota Boot Camp and stated that the A Trac System is good but the Endeavour is on totally different level.

Some Comparisons will rule Endeavour as the better product, now for Ford to be more proactive about after-sales.
kimianks is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2016, 11:34   #1230
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: TVM, BLR, HYD
Posts: 477
Thanked: 538 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Looks like Endeavours are victims of rear ending (or is it a conspiracy ) Spotted two more Endeavours at the workshop.

1) One brand new (not even registered - on Temp plates) hit badly from behind by a leyland truck. The boot caved in, looks like a crushed tin can. Truck driver missing (as usual) owner to pay from his insurance+pocket

2) Another one hit by taxi bolero, rear door damaged. But in repairable condition.

Interestingly in both cases, the rear windshield is in tact. Either good quality or just that the impact was distributed differently that the glass is safe.

While driving your cars, just be doubly careful of who's behind you. Time to add those "Please keep safe distance" stickers on the tailgate.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Got a call from Ford India, they will install a new version of the software which is supposed to fix the radio station tuning issue. Will test and update the outcome. Customer care is confident that the issue will be addressed this time for sure.

In addition, customer care also updated that SYNC3 will not be provided as an accessory and existing customers will not be given an option to upgrade. I said that's really bad and the guy on phone said "sorry to hear but i will surely pass on the message to my higher authorities" I think we can rest the case on SYNC3 upgrade for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimianks View Post
https://www.cartrade.com/toyota-cars...ws/206744.html

The CarTrade reviewer believes that the Endeavour is a better product and I am happy that he feels that way. A friend, infact the first 3.2 Titanium owner of Mumbai tried the Fortuner at the Toyota Boot Camp and stated that the A Trac System is good but the Endeavour is on totally different level.

Some Comparisons will rule Endeavour as the better product, now for Ford to be more proactive about after-sales.
I am eagerly waiting for the face to face/shoot out review. I liked the new Fortuner, it looks really nice but white does not suit anymore. It will definitely appeal to the family crowd who wanted the Toyota SUV. Regardless of the market situation, the dealer staff at Hyderabad claims that he is overwhelmed with test drive requests (and that i will have to wait) and the bookings are healthy (terming it a super hit already !)

Last edited by sunishsamuel : 15th November 2016 at 11:41.
sunishsamuel is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Preview: Ford Endeavour S2!!! Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 849 16th February 2016 16:25
First official pics-2011 Ford ranger/ Endeavour sidindica The International Automotive Scene 9 28th May 2013 11:53


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:11.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks