Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 14th December 2016, 15:39   #1366
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Yes, these are Geolanders, this size & type is standard on LC
What are the OE tyres supplied on the Endy?
cool_dube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2016, 16:24   #1367
BHPian

anumod, Yes. I have negotiated for 42K discount and also Ext Warranty
tortoise is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2016, 16:36   #1368
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoise View Post
anumod, Yes. I have negotiated for 42K discount and also Ext Warranty
I believe you must be getting discount of 1.08L+.42L Plus Free Extended Warranty. What's OTR Bangalore price?
djay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2016, 16:51   #1369
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Of course but most of them have now adjusted their productions accordingly and even producing 2017 Model Year cars in December which are dispatched in January. By my past experience, you can still get a 2016 Car in February but there will be limited variants / colour / Interior choices. If you want to keep the car for long or very short then buying in December does make sense. As in this case, 3,2 Titanium - Black colour is no longer available with FORD in stocks and carries a longer lead time.

Yes, these are Geolanders, this size & type is standard on LC. My initial impressions are very positive. Truck feels much more planted and the bumps feel softer. Most of the guys in Australia have increased to size 285 x 65 x 18 so this should be ok.
Congrats on your new drives. The black Endeavour is gorgeous. Wish you a million miles of happiness and safe driving.

The Geolanders look great on the Endeavour. What is the difference in price you paid for these new shoes?
MAS is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2016, 16:52   #1370
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One is mine which I picked day before and the other is one they delivered last week.
Congrats Turbanator. Its good to see you buying an Endeavour again.
Now please remove that cover, and show us how gorgeous she looks in black

Edit: Just saw your black endy. She looks gorgeous.

Last edited by djay99 : 14th December 2016 at 16:56.
djay99 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2016, 17:17   #1371
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, these are Geolanders, this size & type is standard on LC. My initial impressions are very positive. Truck feels much more planted and the bumps feel softer. Most of the guys in Australia have increased to size 285 x 65 x 18 so this should be ok.
Are these GEOLANDAR A/T G015? Or AT-S? How much each tyre? Did you change the spare to some other size to match the dia? Since the spare rim is 17" pressed steel.
nareshtrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2016, 18:35   #1372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post

I think its the Titanium version of the 2.2. Congrats on your purchase and wishing you happy miles
Nope..it is the Trend version. Titanium is in great demand and they did not have the kind of discount for Titanium as for Trend
tortoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2016, 18:38   #1373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
I believe you must be getting discount of 1.08L+.42L Plus Free Extended Warranty. What's OTR Bangalore price?
That's right. Without insurance the total quote is 2798750Rs
tortoise is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2016, 19:41   #1374
BHPian

A price increase is going to be a really stupid move by Ford at this point! While I whole heartedly feel that the Endeavour is the better product, the fact is that the segment is dominated by the Fortuner, and perhaps rightly so, given the way last gen vehicles have served their owners. The only thing that's working to Ford's advantage is the pricing. The minute they mess with that they are bound to lose customers.
The only way they can justify hiking the Trend variant's price is by adding those 4 missing airbags, which I feel should be standard when one is shelling out 30 big ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
I assume you are referring to "2.2l 4X4 MT Trend" variant given that this is the only one with 4WD and 2.2 lit engine. If so, have you TD-ed it? How is the manual gearbox? While there are ample reviews on the auto box, have not found any on the manual one. Am still unable to figure out why did Ford not launch the manual option with the 3.2 lit engine as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
I did not test drive the car, I checked the feedback from the owner who has 2.2 Manual in Hyderabad. And he is happy and he is saying that the performance is better than Auto. I have driven the auto 2.2 and I was happy even on highways.
Sirs, I have driven the Endeavour 2.2 4x4 MT Trend for a good 75+ kms, and have posted a short review on page 88 on this very thread, I hope it proves to be of some help to you.
599gto is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2016, 21:08   #1375
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 599gto View Post
A price increase is going to be a really stupid move by Ford at this point! While I whole heartedly feel that the Endeavour is the better product, the fact is that the segment is dominated by the Fortuner, and perhaps rightly so, given the way last gen vehicles have served their owners. The only thing that's working to Ford's advantage is the pricing. The minute they mess with that they are bound to lose customers.
The only way they can justify hiking the Trend variant's price is by adding those 4 missing airbags, which I feel should be standard when one is shelling out 30 big ones.

Sirs, I have driven the Endeavour 2.2 4x4 MT Trend for a good 75+ kms, and have posted a short review on page 88 on this very thread, I hope it proves to be of some help to you.
First of all thank for the crisp points in your short review.

I think even after a 2 lakhs price increase Endeavor will be VFM as Fortuner is going to get an increase of around 1 L from January as well.
anumod is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2016, 21:53   #1376
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Are these GEOLANDAR A/T G015? Or AT-S?
No these are Geolandar - G94 A, I could not dig any more information but everyone here has stocks of these and practically nothing else to chose / compare. Google is of not much help if we search for G94.

Quote:
How much each tyre?
I paid 10,000 per tyre and returned back MRF OEM.
Quote:
Did you change the spare to some other size to match the dia?
Honestly, I have not checked what size or rim does spare carry and have changed only 4 tyres.

Quote:
A price increase is going to be a really stupid move by Ford at this point
Manufactures are not for charity or sell at losses, they do take occasional hits like in this case where they planned more kits in Trend & have inventories for over 6 months. It's not uncommon to get such discounts from OEM for struck up inventories. Now if FORD has a component level assembly, these low prices would have spilled to next year but since Endeavour is assembled from CKD, they will simply imports less kits next year and these low prices will continue till they sell out inventories. I am sure their costs of production are higher from Toyota. In my opinion this is best time to pick Trend version.
Turbanator is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2016, 12:14   #1377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
You folks there are so lucky. Bangalore price is almost 39.4 OTR for 3.2 Titanium. Almost 5 L more.
I swear. For "Trend 4x4 MT" - the variant I am eyeing - the "RTO / Registration charges" are simply appalling for Bangalore - Rs. 486,979 vs. 170,445 in Punjab I wonder what qualifies KA to have such an atrociously high road tax
cool_dube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2016, 13:31   #1378
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoise View Post
That's right. Without insurance the total quote is 2798750Rs
Congrats on your booking. Just to re-confirm - Is that a 1.5L discount on the current listed ex-showroom for the Trend variants ? I think that's a great offer on a capable vehicle that already undercuts competition.

I would have been tempted to go for this vehicle if I had been in the market for a replacement at around this time. The Trend, by itself, is quite well loaded for all my requirements and the flat load area with the 2 rows folded down is a BIG PLUS for me, which I think the Hexa/XUV ( at the lower end ) and the Fortuner ( at the higher end ) don't seem to offer.
narayan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2016, 13:50   #1379
BHPian

@narayan - thats right. The timing worked out well for me as I was looking for an upgrade from my first gen Fiesta.

Last edited by tortoise : 15th December 2016 at 13:52.
tortoise is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2016, 14:04   #1380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is that a 1.5L discount on the current listed ex-showroom for the Trend variants
Quote:
@narayan - thats right
Tortoise, I understand you have negotiated free extended warranty as well, which itself is 20K. Do check how much discounts they are willing to give on Titanium and if they have any @ November prices One of my known may pick up from your dealer.

Last edited by Turbanator : 15th December 2016 at 14:13.
Turbanator is offline   Reply With Quote