Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2016, 20:18   #1471
BHPian
 
sknair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 181
Thanked: 104 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by StudioAbraham View Post
As far as I know tints are still not allowed by the cops in Chennai, so black windows is not an option. Plus, the grey got turned down by everyone at home.

Looks like the dealer did play dirty. I raised up the issue to ford through someone I know and I wasn't shocked when I heard that dealer had 'gifted' (pun intended) the last black 2.2 AT in the whole of Tamilnadu to someone else, after having committed the car to me. While I could wait for the 2017 model in black, it will be dearer by a few lakhs, (not to forget the discounts will be minimal) and my affordability will get affected. They managed to find a Silver 2.2 Trend but it is an MT and the dealer is ready to compensate with an additional discount (to be read as small discount). So it's either going to be a Grey/Red/Bronze AT or a Silver MT. They don't have a black even on the Titanium cut.

The mind says go for the AT (how does the colour really matter after you get inside the car!). But the heart says Silver MT (how can you ever buy a 30 lakh car in a colour that you won't like to see every morning!) Chances are, I'll end up listening to the heart and disappointing the leg!
IMHO, I have a silver AT, it looks awesome from my point of view. AT is better than manual, color will grow on you. You cant change transmission. I would go for bronze in this case.
sknair is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2016, 21:02   #1472
BHPian
 
LionX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Cochin / Bangalore
Posts: 500
Thanked: 510 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Ford website is now updated with year end offer details for Endeavour !
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-endy.jpg  

LionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2016, 22:26   #1473
BHPian
 
PrideRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: BLR/PTR
Posts: 745
Thanked: 1,036 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by StudioAbraham View Post
As far as I know tints are still not allowed by the cops in Chennai, so black windows is not an option. Plus, the grey got turned down by everyone at home.

Looks like the dealer did play dirty. I raised up the issue to ford through someone I know and I wasn't shocked when I heard that dealer had 'gifted' (pun intended) the last black 2.2 AT in the whole of Tamilnadu to someone else, after having committed the car to me. While I could wait for the 2017 model in black, it will be dearer by a few lakhs, (not to forget the discounts will be minimal) and my affordability will get affected. They managed to find a Silver 2.2 Trend but it is an MT and the dealer is ready to compensate with an additional discount (to be read as small discount). So it's either going to be a Grey/Red/Bronze AT or a Silver MT. They don't have a black even on the Titanium cut.

The mind says go for the AT (how does the colour really matter after you get inside the car!). But the heart says Silver MT (how can you ever buy a 30 lakh car in a colour that you won't like to see every morning!) Chances are, I'll end up listening to the heart and disappointing the leg!
I am surprised that you are not considering Red. It is the colour that distinguishes Endeavour . If the car is being driven a lot in city, I would strongly suggest to go for AT . Bronze on road looks good and so does silver.My suggestion would be to go for Red/Bronze AT.
P.S: Bronze colour is now widely accepted and is offered by almost all manufacturers. From resale perspective bronze should be as good as red.
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2016, 22:30   #1474
BHPian
 
sknair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 181
Thanked: 104 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Endy 2017 trend review in AU.
http://www.caradvice.com.au/508096/2...-rwd-review-2/
sknair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2016, 08:13   #1475
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 238
Thanked: 298 Times
Default Ford Endeavour : Official Review

The endy comes with a 2Y/100K warranty and there's an additional extended warranty for one year which extends only the year, not the KM.

what's the standard warranty coverage on the endy? Is there fine print on the extended warranty on the Endy, or is it the same coverage as the base warranty?

Is it worth the extra ~20K?

Last edited by torquing_points : 22nd December 2016 at 08:19.
torquing_points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2016, 09:29   #1476
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 40
Thanked: 21 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquing_points View Post
The endy comes with a 2Y/100K warranty and there's an additional extended warranty for one year which extends only the year, not the KM.

what's the standard warranty coverage on the endy? Is there fine print on the extended warranty on the Endy, or is it the same coverage as the base warranty?

Is it worth the extra ~20K?

Standard warranty for Endy is 2 years / 100,000 kms whichever comes first. By paying additional 20000 it increases to 3 years /100,000.
Abroad it already comes with 3 years.

When I am buying a 30 lac + car I would not mind paying extra 20000 for another year of warranty as more the electronics more the problems (may be )
It's totally a personal choice.

Well again the catch is, what is covered and what is not covered in the extra additional warranty. Because for my xuv500 I had purchased 4th & 5th year extended warranty and many things were not included as the standard warranty.

Last edited by ruzbehxyz : 22nd December 2016 at 09:36.
ruzbehxyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2016, 11:05   #1477
BHPian
 
couswheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Chennai
Posts: 215
Thanked: 143 Times
Default

Eureka Ford Teynampet in Chennai saying that 1.5 lacs offer only for Trend variants and no manufacturer discount for Titanium variants - is it true?
couswheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2016, 16:09   #1478
BHPian
 
StudioAbraham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 47
Thanked: 10 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by couswheels View Post
Eureka Ford Teynampet in Chennai saying that 1.5 lacs offer only for Trend variants and no manufacturer discount for Titanium variants - is it true?
These are the offers for trend 2.2 in Chennai. 1.08 cash discount, 1.0 exchange bonus for select cars, discount if you purchase the insurance through the dealer. They also have a ford finance offer at a subsidised rate but 5 years is the maximum term. Should you take the finance option, you don't get the 1.08 lac, discount. Also, only 3 colours are available in AT - Red, bronze and grey

Last edited by StudioAbraham : 22nd December 2016 at 16:10. Reason: Typo!
StudioAbraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2016, 18:28   #1479
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 40
Thanked: 21 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Hi friends.
With great regret I would like to inform that I cancelled the booking of the endy 3.2L trend sunset red. The model offered was a Mar.2016 and on the day of booking I was promised Nov or Dec. Model.
A big game. The trends have sold in less numbers that's why so many discounts.
After paying 30Lac+ I can't accept a 9 month old product. The showroom says they were unaware of this and they don't see the VIN when vehicle is allotted to them ???
The matter was escalated to Ford and I was supposed to receive a call from them but no call in last 24 hours. Not bothered ???
Ford said that they would issue me a special letter certifying that the required parts as per service schedule were changed since Mar.2016. But this is not acceptable to me.
As I had paid the full amount I thought of negotiating a further discount of 1 lac to which the showroom acknowledged and decided to give 50k discount. But at the end I was not at all satisfied and decided to call it off.
Overall a very bad first experience with Ford company and Bhavna Ford,Nerul. Never had such problems previously.
Just a heads up to all who have booked a Trend. Please check the VIN before registration and then decide. All the best.

Last edited by ruzbehxyz : 22nd December 2016 at 18:33.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2016, 19:33   #1480
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Back to Chndgrh
Posts: 2,010
Thanked: 2,468 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
I would like to inform that I canceled the booking of the endy 3.2L trend sunset red.
I think you should have gone ahead, these trucks were at FORD factory not at any dealership yard. It's not uncommon in luxury car segment to buy a Year or even two-year-old cars. I can't think of anything that will go wrong with a car in 9 months. Perhaps you can ask for a free extended warranty and tell them to change Oil without any charge after 1000 Km / 3 months. There's a reason that FORD is selling these at low prices and if we consider expected new rates of 2017, you will be losing a lot of money. Perhaps wait for a while and see what's a general consensus here.
Turbanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2016, 19:40   #1481
BHPian
 
kedarwalke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 434
Thanked: 434 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
Hi friends.
With great regret I would like to inform that I cancelled the booking of the endy 3.2L trend sunset red. The model offered was a Mar.2016 and on the day of booking I was promised Nov or Dec. Model.
A big game. The e. All the best.

Even I have cancelled the booking for the same reason.Very disappointed with the overall experience.
kedarwalke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2016, 21:52   #1482
BHPian
 
nareshtrao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 392
Thanked: 284 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedarwalke View Post
Even I have cancelled the booking for the same reason.Very disappointed with the overall experience.
I would recommend you go ahead instead of cancelling and ask for some additional coverage like 1 yr. addl. warranty. There could be nothing wrong with the product and at the most you can insist that they change fluids before they deliver.
nareshtrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2016, 22:15   #1483
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 153
Thanked: 21 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

That's sad. I am getting an aug 30 manufactured car and ext warranty is part of the deal. I checked car in flesh and did not notice any problems peripherally. Negotiated a 20% discount on accessories. Hope i will not run into problem with this
tortoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2016, 23:43   #1484
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Back to Chndgrh
Posts: 2,010
Thanked: 2,468 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Hope i will not run into problem with this
Why will you get into the problems? Do we scrap our cars after using for a Year? Just get Oil change within Year of production or at First service after 1000 Km or even before delivery as Naresh has suggested and you should be good.

Last edited by Turbanator : 23rd December 2016 at 00:04.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2016, 23:57   #1485
Distinguished - BHPian
 
RavenAvi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Flying Around
Posts: 5,098
Thanked: 25,462 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoise View Post
That's sad. I am getting an aug 30 manufactured car and ext warranty is part of the deal.
Hope i will not run into problem with this
BHPian anumod shares this bit of info:

Quote:
The last Trend was manufactured in September.
All the manuals are manufactured in March and April only.
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Preview: Ford Endeavour S2!!! Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 849 16th February 2016 16:25
First official pics-2011 Ford ranger/ Endeavour sidindica The International Automotive Scene 9 28th May 2013 11:53


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:45.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks