Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2017, 13:57   #331
BHPian
 
Nonstop-driver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Noida
Posts: 395
Thanked: 358 Times
Default Re: 2016 Renault Duster Facelift & AMT (Automatic) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiva_s View Post
What would you guy's suggest, is the Duster offer a good deal?
Was in a similar dilemma, this might help you
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-m...er-2017-a.html (Should I buy the ageing Renault Duster in 2017?)

After a lot of thought I dropped RXL altogether because of lack of safety kit. I'm still deciding between RXZ and Creta at the moment.
Nonstop-driver is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2017, 13:14   #332
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Nagpur
Posts: 21
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
Early users of the facelift Duster - can someone comment on the AC quality of the vehicle especially while idling or on slow speed? Is the AC any better than pre-facelift versions?
I have owned a Duster AWD for last two months and 2000 kms. The AC works good. Although it takes some time in cooling the cabin especially when the vehicle is parked under direct sunlight as is the case with me. But once done it works fine. No complaints.

Cheers
agt7 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2017, 13:30   #333
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Nagpur
Posts: 21
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Hi,
My Duster AWD is due for its first service. What important things I need to get done during this??

Moreover shall I go for an OIL CHANGE although the service manual doesn't suggest it for first service. However it is noteworthy that my Duster though purchased in December 16 is actually a Feb 16 model. Does this storage period of 10 months warrant an oil change or its ok without it??


Additionally I am not happy with the illumination provided by the stock headlamp bulbs. Will a change of bulbs (from service centre of course) have any negative effect on the warranty??? Please suggest a better pair of bulbs for Duster?

Thanks
agt7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2017, 14:14   #334
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Nagpur
Posts: 21
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiva_s View Post
I have a Tata Manaza Aura and done 70K Kms. As I have to commute 60 kms to office daily I am planning to switch to automatic.
Hi Shiva S

A lot depends upon your priorities. If AUTOMATIC is the topmost consideration, there is hardly anything that can beat DSG of Volkswagen. It's rear was a turnoff for me too. Interior space especially on the rear is also a concern. Otherwise a nice blend of everything from a world class manufacturer.

If you give riding comfort highest priority, Duster is the uncontested champion. Not to mention that it also provides good space, practicality, go anywhere credentials and class best handling. But yes, RxL is a bit of compromise on safety, you know why. I went for a RxZ (AWD) for this very reason. It's a shame that Renault provides two airbags in the top model only. It is costing them dear. Don't know when they are going to realise it.

Swift Dzire is a proven vehicle. But it's too common for taste. Moreover it would be soon replaced by its new generation sibling. Other than this nothing against this Maruti.

Hope it helps. Cheers

Last edited by ampere : 16th March 2017 at 21:09. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
agt7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2017, 16:50   #335
Senior - BHPian
 
itwasntme's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 2,103
Thanked: 1,147 Times
Default Re: 2016 Renault Duster Facelift & AMT (Automatic) : Official Review

Review of the 6 speed dual clutch gearbox India did NOT get: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/dacia/d...ic-2017-review
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2017, 17:37   #336
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pune, Melbourne
Posts: 601
Thanked: 333 Times
Default Re: 2016 Renault Duster Facelift & AMT (Automatic) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by agt7 View Post
Hi,
My Duster AWD is due for its first service. What important things I need to get done during this??

Moreover shall I go for an OIL CHANGE although the service manual doesn't suggest it for first service. However it is noteworthy that my Duster though purchased in December 16 is actually a Feb 16 model. Does this storage period of 10 months warrant an oil change or its ok without it??


Additionally I am not happy with the illumination provided by the stock headlamp bulbs. Will a change of bulbs (from service centre of course) have any negative effect on the warranty??? Please suggest a better pair of bulbs for Duster?

Thanks
2K service is a quick check. They will not change anything. You can go for oil change for peace of mind but the manual doesn't recommend it.
Upgrade to Philips x-tremevision or Osram night breaker headlamps. Warranty should not be an issue as your are going through service centre.
C300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2017, 17:45   #337
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Nagpur
Posts: 21
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C300 View Post
2K service is a quick check. They will not change anything. You can go for oil change for peace of mind but the manual doesn't recommend it.
Upgrade to Philips x-tremevision or Osram night breaker headlamps. Warranty should not be an issue as your are going through service centre.
Thanks for quick response.

BTY, what's your take on oil change in first service. Did you opt for it during first service of your Duster ?
Thanks
agt7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2017, 14:00   #338
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 143
Thanked: 70 Times
Default Re: 2016 Renault Duster Facelift & AMT (Automatic) : Official Review

Oil change is not required in the first service as the vehicle would have run only 1000km. Since your vehicle is more than 10 months old, and if you drive at this rate, the next service will be due only a year later, it would be good to change it. I think the rule is change the oil every 10K km or every year whichever is sooner.

I have an AWD and I am quite satisfied with the stock headlights; they are bright enough and on lonely roads with no traffic, they are very bright. But many owners feel more powerful lights are required.
SajiNSalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2017, 14:29   #339
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pune, Melbourne
Posts: 601
Thanked: 333 Times
Default Re: 2016 Renault Duster Facelift & AMT (Automatic) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by agt7 View Post
Thanks for quick response.

BTY, what's your take on oil change in first service. Did you opt for it during first service of your Duster ?
Thanks
I did not opt for it. Agree with Saji here.
You can also discuss with the service adviser and take a call.
C300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2017, 17:17   #340
Senior - BHPian
 
theexperthand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,344
Thanked: 1,047 Times
Default

Hi,

My friend told me that he wanted to book a RXZ AMT in Amazon green, but the sales rep told him that Amazon Green is not available in RXZ AMT trim.

I tried searching web to see if it is true, but could not find any conclusive info - can any one please let me know if it is indeed true? Or is dealer trying to push him to purchase a color which he may have in stock?

Further update: The SA confirmed to him that Amazon Green is only available in Adventure version, so he have booked a RXZ AMT in orange color. The waiting period quoted is 3-4 weeks.

He got 25 thousand INT cash discount and 7 thousand INR corporate discount on the on road price. After discount, the on-road price is 16,3XXX INT.

--Anoop

Last edited by Aditya : 16th March 2017 at 07:48. Reason: Back to back posts merged
theexperthand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2017, 22:55   #341
BHPian
 
Nonstop-driver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Noida
Posts: 395
Thanked: 358 Times
Default Re: 2016 Renault Duster Facelift & AMT (Automatic) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
My friend told me that he wanted to book a RXZ AMT in Amazon green, but the sales rep told him that Amazon Green is not available in RXZ AMT trim.
--Anoop
Not true, the Company makes AMT in Amazon Green colour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
He got 25 thousand INT cash discount and 7 thousand INR corporate discount on the on road price. After discount, the on-road price is 16,3XXX INT.
--Anoop
Sounds very expensive Which RTO is it?
Get quotes from other dealers as well. I was offered 14.75 on road in Noida last month.
Nonstop-driver is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2017, 10:58   #342
Senior - BHPian
 
theexperthand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,344
Thanked: 1,047 Times
Default Re: 2016 Renault Duster Facelift & AMT (Automatic) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
Not true, the Company makes AMT in Amazon Green colour.

Sounds very expensive Which RTO is it?
Get quotes from other dealers as well. I was offered 14.75 on road in Noida last month.
Thank you - will ask him to double check then.
This is at bangalore - probably the highest road tax in India

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2017, 21:01   #343
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Nagpur
Posts: 21
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SajiNSalin View Post
Oil change is not required in the first service as the vehicle would have run only 1000km. Since your vehicle is more than 10 months old, and if you drive at this rate, the next service will be due only a year later, it would be good to change it. I think the rule is change the oil every 10K km or every year whichever is sooner.

I have an AWD and I am quite satisfied with the stock headlights; they are bright enough and on lonely roads with no traffic, they are very bright. But many owners feel more powerful lights are required.
I decided not to go for oil change for now since there are no plans of long trips for next two months. However will get it done before embarking on any long trip.

Headlights when compared with my WagonR are not better. May be it has more to do with the battery rather than bulbs. I am saying this because of late been facing starting issues.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by C300 View Post
I did not opt for it. Agree with Saji here.
You can also discuss with the service adviser and take a call.
OK. I too didn't get the oil changed. As suggested by you discussed it with SA and kept it on hold till any long trip.

Thanks

Last edited by ampere : 16th March 2017 at 21:09. Reason: Back to back posts merged
agt7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2017, 12:26   #344
Senior - BHPian
 
DirtyDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Dharamsala
Posts: 1,781
Thanked: 694 Times
Default Re: 2016 Renault Duster Facelift & AMT (Automatic) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by agt7 View Post
I decided not to go for oil change for now since there are no plans of long trips for next two months. However will get it done before embarking on any long trip.

Headlights when compared with my WagonR are not better. May be it has more to do with the battery rather than bulbs. I am saying this because of late been facing starting issues.

Thanks



OK. I too didn't get the oil changed. As suggested by you discussed it with SA and kept it on hold till any long trip.

Thanks
A lot of people, including me, change their motor oil rather soon on a brand new car. Say, 2-4k. The theory is that an early oil change will remove break-in or factory debris and dirt, if there is any. This is perhaps, old school thinking. But I figure it won't hurt to change it. Then at about 8-10k, after engine break in, I switch to synthetic oil.

Since I started doing it this way I noticed even more women flocking to me, men showing me greater respect and I started making more money.
DirtyDan is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2017, 12:38   #345
BHPian
 
Divya Sharan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Bangalore, BKSC
Posts: 332
Thanked: 510 Times
Default Re: 2016 Renault Duster Facelift & AMT (Automatic) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
A lot of people, including me, change their motor oil rather soon on a brand new car. Say, 2-4k. The theory is that an early oil change will remove break-in or factory debris and dirt, if there is any. This is perhaps, old school thinking. But I figure it won't hurt to change it. Then at about 8-10k, after engine break in, I switch to synthetic oil.
True. Maybe a couple of oil changes in the 1st 7-8k km to remove all metal filings and debris and then FS oils (if the car supports it per the manual, else SS) for 10k km there on. I feel 10k km is the max even FS oils can last in our weather and traffic conditions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
Since I started doing it this way I noticed even more women flocking to me, men showing me greater respect and I started making more money.
Loved this!
Divya Sharan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review Aditya Official New Car Reviews 1282 21st August 2017 10:13
Renault Duster : Official Review GTO Official New Car Reviews 5659 14th August 2017 06:43
2016 Honda Amaze Facelift & CVT (Automatic) : Official Review .anshuman Official New Car Reviews 60 19th February 2017 21:42
Renault Duster Facelift @ Auto Expo 2016 GTO The Indian Car Scene 78 16th March 2016 13:06


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:27.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks