Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2016, 22:52   #706
BHPian
 
vivekgk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 627
Thanked: 333 Times
Default Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
It's built like a hatch and has nothing in common with SUVs except a raised GC, just like the other cars you mention have nothing in common with crossovers except the (mostly) gaudy plastic cladding. If your entire argument is "it's not a raised version of an existing Maruti hatch", fair enough. You're entitled to your opinion.
It's not my opinion or an argument that the Brezza is built on a Vitara platform and not a regular hatchback platform, it's fact.

I don't really get what you mean by the "built like a hatch" part. Do you mean that it's a monocoque and not a body on frame SUV?

Quote:
Probably because it's an old platform, and may be on its way out to be replaced by a more modern one?
That's not the point. Why choose to scale down a Vitara platform at all? Every other manufacturer has chosen to beef up an existing hatchback platform to make their CUVs.

In fact, one can't really say that the Brezza is cut down from the Vitara either, because it actually weighs just a bit more than the 2WD Vitara, and is wider. The only cutting down seems to be to get it down to under 4m length. There's nothing to indicate that the structural integrity or mechanicals have been compromised. The wider stance would actually benefit stability.
vivekgk is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2016, 00:21   #707
BHPian
 
anycatd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Ponda,Goa
Posts: 245
Thanked: 122 Times
Default Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

Has anyone actually gone for real off roading on a Brezza? Majority of the people aren't buying brezza for off roading. They just wanted an updgrade from hatchbacks. The bigger Vitara should be better at off roading if it comes with AWD.
anycatd is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2016, 06:43   #708
BHPian
 
vivekgk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 627
Thanked: 333 Times
Default Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
Has anyone actually gone for real off roading on a Brezza? Majority of the people aren't buying brezza for off roading. They just wanted an updgrade from hatchbacks. The bigger Vitara should be better at off roading if it comes with AWD.
Personally, I like the high seating position, looks and the increased GC. The fact that I can have these without compromising on usability and fuel efficiency is the key thing for me. The icing on the cake would be the ability to go over bad patches and potholes without needing to slow down or be extra careful.
vivekgk is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2016, 10:21   #709
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 24
Thanked: 17 Times
Default Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

Some relief again for people waiting for their Brezza:-

Maruti Suzuki ramps up Brezza production

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/52948420.cms
CarMind is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2016, 11:08   #710
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Delhi, Gurgaon
Posts: 70
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

any news for the AMT version?
reddevilgautam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2016, 11:19   #711
BHPian
 
sriramaero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 30
Thanked: 111 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysak View Post
IMHO, i guess you are expecting a lot from Brezza. please do remember that the vehicles you compared are of entirely different type and brezza is just an extension by MSIL to please indian customers. I dont think you can do regular offroading with pleasure and satisfaction on Brezza.
Thanks YSAK for your suggestion. I will not be doing regular off-roading. However in my trips (mostly in forest areas), when I have to face any such off-roads/bad roads, I want my vehicle to somehow get over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Brezza is ultimately a raised hatchback made to look like an SUV, not drive like one. Its similarities with the other vehicles you mentioned begins and ends with high GC.

Even if there's an AWD version in the future, it would best be useful to tackle occasional tricky terrain, like most other soft-roaders. If you want a vehicle that can take regular offroad (ab)use in its stride, Brezza is not it.
Chetan, I understand that its a raised hatchback, however I also feel that the vehicle's stability/suspension is far far better than any compact SUV's in this range. You have no idea how much I pushed the vehicle and still Brezza was giving a smooth breeze.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddevilgautam View Post
any news for the AMT version?
I have asked the same question to the SA I have been interacting with. He said there is no such information about an Automatic Gearbox. Though anyone can expect an automatic/CVT gearbox in this vehicle since it also has a cruise control, I am sceptical that Maruti would offer such feature unless if they feel that the customers are in need of that feature mostly.

Considering the current waiting period and brezza production rate, Maruti would first concentrate on ramping up the production first and then when the vehicle's waiting period is reduced, then they may think about it. But you will have to wait for a long period

Last edited by Aditya : 1st July 2016 at 07:04. Reason: Back to back posts merged
sriramaero is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2016, 14:46   #712
Senior - BHPian
 
dZired's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Jaipur
Posts: 1,203
Thanked: 3,467 Times
Default Maruti ramps up Vitara Brezza production to meet demand

Last month, Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza clocked 7193 unit sales, thus overtaking the Hyundai Creta which was leading the crossover segment till now. Maruti Suzuki has constantly been suffering to cope up with the huge demand that the Brezza has accumulated. With waiting periods rising to 8 months, the company has now decided to ramp up production of the Brezza to 10,000 units per month.

This is not the first time that the automaker has revised production plans of the Brezza. After it received a favourable response at the 2016 Auto Expo, Maruti decided to enhance production plans of the Vitara Brezza to 100,000 units per annum, as compared to 80,000 units announced earlier. This clearly shows that the Brezza has surpassed expectations of Maruti Suzuki itself.

The enhanced production run would begin from July. There are still around 52,000 orders pending for the Brezza, across the country. In addition to the Brezza, Maruti is also ramping up production of the Baleno premium hatchback, as it currently has a waiting period of around 4 months.

Source: ET Auto

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by dZired : 28th June 2016 at 14:49.
dZired is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2016, 14:53   #713
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,567
Thanked: 2,363 Times
Default Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
It's not my opinion or an argument that the Brezza is built on a Vitara platform and not a regular hatchback platform, it's fact.
I don't know how else to make the 'platform' point, I'll try one last time anyway. A platform is just a base for a manufacturer to build vehicles on and depending on how modular-ly versatile the platform is designed to be, it can be used to build multiple vehicle types right from hatchbacks to full-blown SUVs.

So when I evaluate a vehicle's capabilities, I don't make assumptions simply because the car in consideration shares a platform with another vehicle, as actual capabilities may vary. Personal opinion of course, you're as entitled to your own judgment as I am to mine.


Quote:
I don't really get what you mean by the "built like a hatch" part. Do you mean that it's a monocoque and not a body on frame SUV?
Nothing to do with body-type. While body-on-frame construction is widely regarded as more robust and abuse-friendly, monocoque construction has its own advantages, preference depends entirely on user requirements.

By 'built like a hatch', I just meant the car isn't built any different from a similarly-sized/specced hatchback (except the higher GC), and nothing in my recent detailed inspection and TD convinced me it's anything more than an equivalent hatchback. I actually found the Baleno better put together overall. Personal opinion again, your mileage may vary.

Quote:
That's not the point. Why choose to scale down a Vitara platform at all? Every other manufacturer has chosen to beef up an existing hatchback platform to make their CUVs.
We can only speculate, but that's a question only Suzuki can answer definitively so I'll leave it at that.

Quote:
In fact, one can't really say that the Brezza is cut down from the Vitara either, because it actually weighs just a bit more than the 2WD Vitara, and is wider. The only cutting down seems to be to get it down to under 4m length. There's nothing to indicate that the structural integrity or mechanicals have been compromised. The wider stance would actually benefit stability.
You brought the whole platform angle into the discussion, not me.

I definitely won't speculate on structural integrity/mechanical equivalence with global models. Sold-in-India models/variants aren't tested transparently (if at all) and there are plenty of examples of global models with compromised Indian versions. Given available trends, I'd be inclined to question quality until proven otherwise, rather than assume quality until proven wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
Personally, I like the high seating position, looks and the increased GC. The fact that I can have these without compromising on usability and fuel efficiency is the key thing for me. The icing on the cake would be the ability to go over bad patches and potholes without needing to slow down or be extra careful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramaero View Post
Chetan, I understand that its a raised hatchback, however I also feel that the vehicle's stability/suspension is far far better than any compact SUV's in this range. You have no idea how much I pushed the vehicle and still Brezza was giving a smooth breeze.
Don't get me wrong, these are capable vehicles - just that our definitions of SUVs may differ - and their high GC itself is enough value on Indian roads that are the bane of my preferred low-slung cars.

I take them seriously enough to consider buying one myself. I don't intend to do any real off-roading/trails so proper body-on-frame SUVs are overkill for my requirements. I spent a whole weekend checking out the Brezza thoroughly, it just isn't for me unfortunately. If Ford puts the spare inside the boot for the next Ecosport refresh(yes, i'll take practicality over butch looks anyday), they have my money!

Last edited by GTO : 1st July 2016 at 16:00. Reason: YMMV = your mileage may vary :). Thanks!
Chetan_Rao is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2016, 00:26   #714
BHPian
 
vivekgk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 627
Thanked: 333 Times
Default Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

Great news about the reduced waiting periods. Quick response by Maruti to alleviate frustrations. This does mean however that waiting periods for all other cars will also increase. Ideally they should see what can be done too bring the new plant online sooner.

Chetan_Rao, here's the issue I have with your original post. When you say that the Brezza is just another raised hatch, you are bunching it together with the crappy plastic clad fakes like the Cross polo, Etios cross, Fabia scout, i20 active etc, which are simply cosmetically different from the original hatches, without even raising the GC in most cases.

The Brezza however, is a well engineered, genuine vehicle that was designed from the get go as a soft SUV. C V Raman's team has actually put together an all new vehicle as their entry in this segment, rather than simply slap a few black plastic bits and macho wheels on an existing, well selling hatch like the swift or Ritz and then call it a crossover or suv. This is a commendable job which deserves to be appreciated and not be simply put down and dismissed as "raised hatchback".

Like you have said, the high ground clearance is a value add for any vehicle. Couple that with long travel suspension, high profile tyres, solid styling and being based on a good softroader platform, and you have a vehicle well suited to India. Sure, it doesn't have AWD now, as there's no real demand or need for it, but there's no reason it can't be offered later on, as the platform is capable of it.
vivekgk is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2016, 12:55   #715
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,567
Thanked: 2,363 Times
Default Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
.......
Chetan_Rao, here's the issue I have with your original post......
Not trying to offend you here, but do you not understand context or are intentionally being obtuse? Since you've ignored my repeated requests to read my original post in the context it was said in, allow me to do the honors myself.

This was the bit of post by @sriramaero that I was responding to (post# 684, page 46):

Quote:
.....Do you guys think that Brezza can be used in comparison with those vehicles, Though I know that it cannot be on par, But at least to en extent?....
Here's my original post in response (post# 690, page 46):

Quote:
Brezza is ultimately a raised hatchback made to look like an SUV, not drive like one. Its similarities with the other vehicles you mentioned begins and ends with high GC.

Even if there's an AWD version in the future, it would best be useful to tackle occasional tricky terrain, like most other soft-roaders. If you want a vehicle that can take regular offroad (ab)use in its stride, Brezza is not it.


Note: The other vehicles he mentioned in his original post were a Thar and a Scorpio 4x4 with the express intent to compare off-roading capability.
Read my post in context with the question it was in response to, not in isolation. Pretty


Quote:
...not be simply put down and dismissed as "raised hatchback".
I took the vehicle seriously enough to spend time evaluating it in detail to consider spending my hard-earned money on it. If you think that's dismissive and a put-down, I have nothing more to add.

Quote:
Like you have said, the high ground clearance is a value add for any vehicle. Couple that with long travel suspension, high profile tyres, solid styling and being based on a good softroader platform, and you have a vehicle well suited to India. Sure, it doesn't have AWD now, as there's no real demand or need for it, but there's no reason it can't be offered later on, as the platform is capable of it.
Exactly my point! It's a capable vehicle even in its current form - and I've said that all along - but like all its C-SUV counterparts in the market (one of which I'm seriously contemplating buying), it's all show and no go w.r.t. being an SUV. When the manufacturers give these cars equipment to match their 'apparent' capabilities, I'll re-evaluate the cars and my opinion. The current car doesn't cut it, for me.

I see there's no point debating the 'platform' angle with you, so I'll let that be. All C-SUVs are raised hatches in my opinion, unless they come shod with equipment that gives them some actual SUV capabilities.

Until then, let's agree to disagree and move on before the mods get involved.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 29th June 2016 at 13:06.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2016, 00:10   #716
BHPian
 
sriramaero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 30
Thanked: 111 Times
Default Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

Guys,

I am planning to Book my Brezza Zdi on June 30th. I like the "Machine Finish Alloy Wheels" more than the OE Alloy Wheels. Is there way to book the car in such a way that it comes along with the Machine Finish alloy wheels rather than the default OE alloy wheels?

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-alloys.png

Has anyone bought that as a separate accessory? How are the Machine Finish alloys?

Thanks in advance !
sriramaero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2016, 00:48   #717
BHPian
 
GSMINC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 335
Thanked: 51 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMINC View Post
Myself had the same issue

Right side fog lamp cracked & I assumed that some biker would've hit it accidentally
Again after a few days the left fog lamp also cracked
Called Bimal Maruti service advisor
He asked me to whatsapp the images
After 2 days he called me to say that both would be covered under warranty
& they replaced it
The actual problem is that the fog lamp glass inferior quality or should I say they are not thick enough
& it's damn cheap also each costing ₹812
The SA said even swift's fog lamps cost more than doubled that
Cheap = poor quality I guess

I guess replacing won't help until maruti improves the quality
As I predicted
My fog lamps both of which were replaced under warranty FOC, one has again cracked
Bimal is again willing to replace FOC

My point is, there's no point in replacing until the quality is improved

They've asked me to come again for free replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramaero View Post
Guys,

I am planning to Book my Brezza Zdi on June 30th. I like the "Machine Finish Alloy Wheels" more than the OE Alloy Wheels. Is there way to book the car in such a way that it comes along with the Machine Finish alloy wheels rather than the default OE alloy wheels?

Attachment 1522640

Has anyone bought that as a separate accessory? How are the Machine Finish alloys?

Thanks in advance !
The car comes with OE alloys, each of which costs 6990
The machine finished ones cost 7990

No option to get the latter ones during delivery
You'll have to cough up the full price for an upgrade & hope to dispose off the OE ones yourself, dealers would offer a pittance for the OE alloys

Last edited by Aditya : 30th June 2016 at 13:37. Reason: Merging back to back posts
GSMINC is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2016, 06:23   #718
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 685
Thanked: 353 Times
Default Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMINC View Post
The car comes with OE alloys, each of which costs 6990
The machine finished ones cost 7990

No option to get the latter ones during delivery
You'll have to cough up the full price for an upgrade & hope to dispose off the OE ones yourself, dealers would offer a pittance for the OE alloys
What a drag. Maruti should give the option of building in the options right from the factory the way you get to build cars in foreign auto websites speccing them with option.

That said, given the number of Brezza's being churned out it might be easy to find a lower spec Brezza owner who will be happy to lay hands on OEM alloys. That the Brezza's alloys look pretty good also helps. Imagine trying to offload the S-Cross OEM alloys.

Drive on,
Shibu.
shibujp is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2016, 20:24   #719
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Ernklm/TCR/KL64
Posts: 80
Thanked: 26 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Default Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramaero View Post
Guys,

I am planning to Book my Brezza Zdi on June 30th. I like the "Machine Finish Alloy Wheels" more than the OE Alloy Wheels. Is there way to book the car in such a way that it comes along with the Machine Finish alloy wheels rather than the default OE alloy wheels?

Attachment 1522640

Has anyone bought that as a separate accessory? How are the Machine Finish alloys?

Thanks in advance !

I hope you have seen both alloys in real. the "Machine Finish Alloy Wheels" are looking great on the pictures but i found them not that appealing in real. i felt it as cheap. my neighbor has it on his Brezza Vdi. for me it looks like aftermarket one's not like a classy one. The normal one looks good with the 'gunmetal grey' type color, thank god its not silver in color like most of the stock alloys. But again its just me. some may find them good looking than the stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
What a drag. Maruti should give the option of building in the options right from the factory the way you get to build cars in foreign auto websites speccing them with option.

That said, given the number of Brezza's being churned out it might be easy to find a lower spec Brezza owner who will be happy to lay hands on OEM alloys. That the Brezza's alloys look pretty good also helps. Imagine trying to offload the S-Cross OEM alloys.

Drive on,
Shibu.

IMO, MSIL would be the last manufacturer to do this. We can only dream about that facility on a car that has this much waiting period. and like you said its miles ahead better than S-Cross stock alloys. Even some wheel covers are better looking than that.
ysak is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2016, 14:17   #720
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,567
Thanked: 2,363 Times
Default Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramaero View Post
.......I like the "Machine Finish Alloy Wheels" more than the OE Alloy Wheels.......

How are the Machine Finish alloys?.......
If not done already, check those out in person.

As fellow BHPian @ysak says, the finish doesn't look as good in person (a bit too glossy on the fins) and doesn't go well with the Brezza's overall classy, understated design. A slightly matted finish would've been much nicer.

What's your opinion on the multi-spoke Ciaz alloys in gun metal finish? They look much better than both Brezza options in my opinion. They're also available in-house with Maruti so shouldn't be any more difficult to source. If you're intent on an upgrade, why not consider these?

Name:  Ciaz.JPG
Views: 3373
Size:  33.9 KB

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 1st July 2016 at 14:26.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ICE upgrades for the Maruti Vitara Brezza anycatd In-Car Entertainment 31 1st December 2016 12:09
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016 GTO The Indian Car Scene 1121 10th April 2016 14:49
The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV volkman10 The Indian Car Scene 635 3rd February 2016 15:40


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:38.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks