Default Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

White with alloys 5 spoke . Mid variant with safety vdi option
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-20160422_1705091.jpg  

PCS is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2016, 08:20   #797
BHPian

For people who have bought or driven this,does it make sense to replace a 7 year old swift and pick this or stick to the new swift? Need a small diesel manual city car.
bigron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2016, 10:02   #798
Senior - BHPian

Sub C/SUV price map,

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-cose1m6waaew71u.jpg

https://twitter.com/autocarindiamag

Last edited by volkman10 : 27th July 2016 at 10:04.
volkman10 is offline   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2016, 10:25   #799
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
For people who have bought or driven this,does it make sense to replace a 7 year old swift and pick this or stick to the new swift? Need a small diesel manual city car.
Depends on your priorities. From Maruti stable, for driving pleasure, Swift. For near-SUV feeling, Brezza. For all others, Baleno it is!
romeomidhun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2016, 15:57   #800
BHPian

Quote:
I have drove Swift Dzire Vdi (1st gen) for 6 years/70k kms and replaced it with Brezza zdi+. However I purchase a Jetta 2.0 TDI DSG 6 months before purchasing Brezza so my first priority wasn't a fun to drive car while purchasing Brezza.

My advice is if you are looking for a fun to drive car then try German cars. If you want the reliability and ASS of swift then Brezza is a great option. It will a little less fun to drive but with better interiors and gizmos (depending on the variant you choose) and it's pure bliss to drive it on bad roads. It has got superb ride quality (almost on par with Duster/Terrano).

The most important thing is you won't exactly feel like an 'upgrade' if you replace swift with brezza. Also, keep in mind that next gen swift will be arriving next year.
bhavik.1991 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2016, 16:37   #801
BHPian

@bhavik ~ Appreciate the response. Not really looking for any fun to drive or handle etc. Just looking for a city runaround to do errands. Essentially what we use the swift for.
I guess the Brezza should fit the bill just fine. Is it remotely spacious than the swift and does the service cost comparable?
Old 28th July 2016, 18:56   #802
BHPian

Quote:
Is it remotely spacious than the swift and does the service cost comparable?
Yes it is slightly spacious than Swift in terms of legroom, can seat 3 people at back much easily, biggest plus point being getting in and out is a lot easier than Swift.

And boot is way bigger than Swift which is just 204ltrs.
Service cost should be similar since they share the same engine ( difference being Brezza has higher state of tune 90bhp )

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 2nd August 2016 at 00:14. Reason: Fixed broken quote
silverado is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2016, 00:09   #803

Finally my wait is coming to an end, got a call from that showroom that Brezza Red and black has been allocated, will be delivered in about two days.

While I was checking with the agent about the accessories,I was told there are 3 Kits available with them. Sports( around19k),Glamour( 22k) and Urban (29k). Only Urban kit has Seat covers in it.

Not sure if I should go with any of these Kits. Please advise if anyone have gone with them.
rkvemuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2016, 08:43   #804
BANNED

Any word on the Brezza Automatic ?
BUXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2016, 08:51   #805
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
Any word on the Brezza Automatic ?
Maruti Suzuki is likely to defer the launch of Ignis to 2017 for ramping up the production of Vitara Brezza & Baleno's to cater to the existing demand.
In view of this Petrol or any other variant of Vitara Brezza is very unlikely in 2016.

Production capacity issues to ease out in 2017, so can expect the petrol and other variants of Brezza in Q2 2017.

Last edited by volkman10 : 29th July 2016 at 09:03.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2016, 15:00   #806
BHPian

Quote:
@bhavik ~ Appreciate the response. Not really looking for any fun to drive or handle etc. Just looking for a city runaround to do errands. Essentially what we use the swift for.
I guess the Brezza should fit the bill just fine. Is it remotely spacious than the swift and does the service cost comparable?
Yes, it is definitely spacious than Swift, rear leg room is much better and due to taller sitting position, the front seats would settle at relatively forward position. However I feel under thigh support is a notch lower than Swift.

I cannot comment on service cost yet as have clocked just 4k kms and no paid service yet. To my surprise fuel economy is lower than Swift Dzire 1st gen. I used to get 17kmpl in city and 19kmpl on highways with Dzire. I get 15kmpl in city and 17kmpl on highway with Brezza (AC conditions for both th cars).

One thing I forgot to mention in my last post is that AC is much more powerful than 1st gen Dzire.

If the car is going to be used mostly inside the city and you don't have to encounter bad roads and tight parking spots frequently, I would suggest to have a look at Ciaz as well. It is more spacious and fuel economy is better than Brezza. Also, I prefer its interiors over Brezza's. And its soft suspension would give better ride quality at lower speeds of city.

Last edited by bhavik.1991 : 29th July 2016 at 15:16.
bhavik.1991 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2016, 19:53   #807
BHPian

@bhavik - The ciaz is too big for what we looking for. Exterior dimensions are of utmost importance and Brezza should have the same foot print as the swift. Thanks again for clarifying my queries.
Old 30th July 2016, 01:18   #808
BHPian

I would like all to share the fuel economy they are getting. I'm getting an average of around 16.8 overall which is kind of low compared to ARAI of 24.3. S Cross owners are getting in the 20 range with the same engine. What's going wrong here. Anybody crossed 5k kms here or done an oil change? I read somewhere real fuel economy will be known after its run about 5k kms.
anycatd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2016, 08:04   #809
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
@bhavik - The ciaz is too big for what we looking for.
If that's the case then Brezza is the best. Swift is cramped at the rear and also low on boot. Brezza is a better overall.
a4anurag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2016, 12:30   #810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
I would like all to share the fuel economy they are getting. I'm getting an average of around 16.8 overall which is kind of low compared to ARAI of 24.3. Anybody crossed 5k kms here or done an oil change?
I took delivery on 2nd May
Have covered 17,000kms so far
Did a oil changes at 1000 kms, 5000kms & again at 10,000kms
Finished 3 services so far

I'm getting average between 17.5 to 19 km/litre on highways
City driving never bothered to check as I drive very less in city conditions

Fog lamps glass lens tend to crack in Brezza
Have got both replaced twice so far, each fog lamp costs ₹800, got it FOC under warranty
The fog lamps are of cheap quality & price, even swift fogs cost almost double that

This apart no issues so far

I'm from bangalore & have covered 12 states in this car so far
Including a long temple trip from bangalore to Kashi, Gaya Vishnupad, Jharkhand Baba Baidyanath, kolkata dakshineshwar & Kalighat, Puri Jagannath & a few andhra temples thrown in

This car desperately needs a remap or tuning Box
Good fun on 4 lane highways but irritating turbo lag on 2 lane curvy roads

Takes bad roads well but build quality is on par with Swift
Expect rattles soon
My metre console & door pads are already rattling
GSMINC is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote