Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2016, 13:24   #151
Senior - BHPian
 
Epic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,191
Thanked: 280 Times
Default Re: Skoda Superb : Official Review

So I got an 'Oil Check' message on the MID of my 2016 Skoda Superb and this sort of got me worried a bit. The car has run a little over 5000 kms from September 2016 till date. Spoke to the Skoda guys and they told me that the engine being new has the tendancy to consume some oil and I would need to visit the workshop where they would top up the engine oil.

Visited today and after the scan and oil check there was nothing wrong with the car and even the oil was as at the recommended level and not low. They just removed the error and that was it.

Anyone else come across a situation like this?
Epic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2016, 14:36   #152
Senior - BHPian
 
itwasntme's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 2,096
Thanked: 1,137 Times
Default Re: Skoda Superb : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
So I got an 'Oil Check' message on the MID of my 2016 Skoda Superb and this sort of got me worried a bit.
What was the exact message? I got a similar one in September 2016 but just topped up with the recommended grade and reset the oil change interval myself. First service is due in early January but the SKD kit was manufactured in CZ in August 2015.

From the Net, I understand that sometimes if the PDI has not been done well, the service warnings start counting from the SKD kit date rather than the production date.
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2017, 14:37   #153
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pune
Posts: 45
Thanked: 25 Times
Default Re: Skoda Superb : Official Review

Finally I got delivery of the TSI 1.8 DSG L&K
I have taken a 7 speed DSG risk
Few updates in so called MY17 car.

The infotainment system is 8 inch with navigation. Probably amundsen.
Tyres are Apollo 215/55 R17 94w.
There are no storages underneath front seats.
Rest looks same.
DieselDelight is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2017, 14:23   #154
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 29
Thanked: 18 Times
Default Re: Skoda Superb : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDelight View Post
Finally I got delivery of the TSI 1.8 DSG L&K
I have taken a 7 speed DSG risk
Few updates in so called MY17 car.

The infotainment system is 8 inch with navigation. Probably amundsen.
Tyres are Apollo 215/55 R17 94w.
There are no storages underneath front seats.
Rest looks same.
Congrats for your car!
Can you please post a couple of pictures of the stereo ?
Thanks
lambodara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2017, 21:04   #155
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pune
Posts: 45
Thanked: 25 Times
Default Re: Skoda Superb : Official Review

Here are some pictures.
It comes with maps built into SD card. It can be updated.
The SD card is part of accessories and cost 9000.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Superb : Official Review-20170109_210557.jpg  

Skoda Superb : Official Review-20170109_2122192.jpg  

Skoda Superb : Official Review-20170109_210704.jpg  

DieselDelight is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2017, 22:42   #156
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Noida/New Delhi
Posts: 396
Thanked: 746 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDelight View Post
Here are some pictures.

It comes with maps built into SD card. It can be updated.

The SD card is part of accessories and cost 9000.

The SD card is a part of the navigation. The navigation is a part of the car. Why would you anyone pay extra for it? I certainly did not pay a penny for mine when I picked my MY17 Octavia in October. Please tell me you didn't pay for this! If you did, please talk to your dealer and escalate to Skoda, if necessary.

Rohan
RohanDheman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2017, 20:03   #157
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pune
Posts: 45
Thanked: 25 Times
Default Re: Skoda Superb : Official Review

I had to
I did not want any accessories, except carpet mats. dealer forced me to buy all of them at 22k.
I could negotiate on the insurance. Right now there is 2-3 weeks of waiting on superb and dealers are least interested if you want to negotiate further.

There is a change seen in attitude little bit. I had my last experience with skoda 10 yrs ago. That time they were not interested in selling a car!!
There is only one dealer in pune. No choice.

Last edited by DieselDelight : 11th January 2017 at 20:06.
DieselDelight is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2017, 10:04   #158
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 75
Thanked: 78 Times
Default Re: Skoda Superb : Official Review

Dear Friends,

I am on the lookout for my next car - current one being Fiat Linea Diesel, which is running it's 9th year now. The heart is saying Superb, but the brain is raising questions on the reliability! Especially when my current car has had nothing but regular service in all the 9 years.

The model is very clear - it's going to be the 1.8 TSI manual only.

Please do advice. Also, anyone has any view on the new offer from Skoda - buy now pay after 1 year offer?

thanks!
kdadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2017, 10:49   #159
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Delhi-NCR
Posts: 767
Thanked: 3,593 Times
Default Re: Skoda Superb : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdadi View Post
Dear Friends,

I am on the lookout for my next car The heart is saying Superb, but the brain is raising questions on the reliability!
The model is very clear - it's going to be the 1.8 TSI manual only.
Manual gearbox is fine. Don't go for the automatic. Reliability is good on the manual. The clutch wears out at 80k to 90k kms with city driving. The car it self is a dream with a very comfortable rear seat and fun to drive. To ensure you get the right A.S.S. you will have to build your bridges with the local engineer at our authorized centre. Their service centres are disorganized and can't spell customer service. But by befriending the engineer on the ground we've managed well thus far. Our Skoda Superb is now 6.5 years and well above 110k kms. Hope this helps.
V.Narayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2017, 19:09   #160
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 75
Thanked: 78 Times
Default Re: Skoda Superb : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
Manual gearbox is fine. Don't go for the automatic. Reliability is good on the manual. The clutch wears out at 80k to 90k kms with city driving. The car it self is a dream with a very comfortable rear seat and fun to drive. To ensure you get the right A.S.S. you will have to build your bridges with the local engineer at our authorized centre. Their service centres are disorganized and can't spell customer service. But by befriending the engineer on the ground we've managed well thus far. Our Skoda Superb is now 6.5 years and well above 110k kms. Hope this helps.
Thank you. Visited Vinayak Skoda today to checkout the new finance offer. wasnt excited by it. Need to make up my mind soon.
kdadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2017, 21:57   #161
Senior - BHPian
 
n.devdath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,819
Thanked: 1,431 Times
Default Re: Skoda Superb : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdadi View Post
Visited Vinayak Skoda today to checkout the new finance offer. wasnt excited by it.
Why weren't you excited?
Also, I would recommend you look at the diesel AT as well. Paying 25 lac plus for manual car which is a daily drive in a traffic infested city isn't exactly pleasant.

And yes, the petrol ATs have not been as reliable as the diesel units.
n.devdath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2017, 22:24   #162
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 75
Thanked: 78 Times
Default Re: Skoda Superb : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Why weren't you excited?
Also, I would recommend you look at the diesel AT as well. Paying 25 lac plus for manual car which is a daily drive in a traffic infested city isn't exactly pleasant.

And yes, the petrol ATs have not been as reliable as the diesel units.
The finance offer providers 75% of ex-showroom price, and you have to shell out rest in downpayment. the interest rate is also higher at around 10.6%. Of course you do get 1 year emi holiday (1 rupee taken every month for first 12 months). Net outflow at end of 5 year term is higher than taking finance from outside.

I am not confident of the DSG. And I dont mind the manual considering I dont stay far away from work.
kdadi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2017, 01:12   #163
Senior - BHPian
 
n.devdath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,819
Thanked: 1,431 Times
Default Re: Skoda Superb : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdadi View Post
Net outflow at end of 5 year term is higher than taking finance from outside.
Even if you pre-close the loan earlier? That sounds strange.

There is nothing which beats the reliability of a manual gearbox and if you are ok with it, go for it.
n.devdath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2017, 20:15   #164
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 1,122
Thanked: 120 Times
Default Re: Skoda Superb : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdadi View Post
The finance offer providers 75% of ex-showroom price, and you have to shell out rest in downpayment. the interest rate is also higher at around 10.6%. Of course you do get 1 year emi holiday (1 rupee taken every month for first 12 months). Net outflow at end of 5 year term is higher than taking finance from outside.

I am not confident of the DSG. And I dont mind the manual considering I dont stay far away from work.
So, did you go for it already ? If one does not take loan, are there any other offers ? Thanks.
lancer_rit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2017, 20:28   #165
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 75
Thanked: 78 Times
Default Re: Skoda Superb : Official Review

Still deliberating on the decision. There wasn't any other offer that I noticed on Superb. Somehow the sales rep was trying to convince me to buy the Octavia instead (not interested due to no manual on the 1.8tsi , otherwise it was a no brainer)
kdadi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Replacing a Superb - BMW GT, Mercedes C220 or 3rd-gen Skoda Superb? Epic Luxury, Imports & Niche 52 24th December 2016 22:41
Skoda Superb DSG 7 Speed DQ200 failures- China gets official reaction, why not India? .anshuman The Indian Car Scene 173 13th December 2016 19:21
Skoda unveils updated Superb and Superb Combi in Europe Abhinav667 The International Automotive Scene 59 15th January 2014 21:17


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 09:41.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks