Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2016, 12:35   #316
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: KL 01
Posts: 4,334
Thanked: 2,046 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Gave the Crysta for second service today. The steering vibration during braking will be checked alongwith the service. Hope its found and rectified!

Quote:
Originally Posted by samabhi View Post
Sankar,

I opted for the 4D mats offered by the dealer. I am yet to check the quality of the mats. The car is planned to be delivered by this weekend and I will share the details/pictures of the mats soon.
Hi Greg, Did you take delivery of your Crysta?
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2016, 12:56   #317
BHPian
 
pixantz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 363
Thanked: 370 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban legend View Post
Dear friends, after thinking over my requirements, I have come to the conclusion that a D segment sedan is what i probably require. Can anyone provide the link to the relevant thread for choosing a D segment sedan?
The D segment is almost as good as dead as of now. A few stagnant models here and there. Judging from your requirements of reliability, performance and a plush cacoon inside, the Octavia 1.8 Tsi is one thing that comes to mind provided you have a decent service center nearby and take extended warranty mainly because of the DSG thingie. Its not as reliable as a Toyota though... And then there is the new Civic coming up soon.
pixantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2016, 14:24   #318
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 315
Thanked: 208 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Hi Greg, Did you take delivery of your Crysta?
Yes Sankar. Got the car delivered on Saturday. The 4D mats are of good quality, but they are only good for the manual one. We tried putting them on the driver side, but it didnt fit well and will tear off easily as there is a gap between the dead pedal and the floor. Decided not to go with them and the accessories guy told me that he would check with the vendor about the availability of 4D mats for the AT Variant. I have seen so many models on the net and I think they are all for the old Innova model.

4D mats from the dealer :
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-4dmats1.jpeg
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-4d_mats.jpeg

I went with the Faux wood on the dash board and it did really change the appearance of the GX Variant. IMHO, this accessory is a must for all the GX owners. Costs about 3.8k. I also went for Fog Lamps, Rear Bike Protector and the door edge protectors. Some Pictures :

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-_dsc0009.jpg
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-_dsc0040.jpg
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-_dsc0042.jpg
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-_dsc0043.jpg

Over all, very happy with the car.
samabhi is offline   (9) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2016, 15:58   #319
Senior - BHPian
 
sourabhzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: GURGAON
Posts: 1,390
Thanked: 1,088 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Considering the power/torque figures, body on frame chassis and hugely improved stance, isn't a Crysta more SUV than a XUV 500?
I was following a Crysta on Gurgaon-Faridabad road yesterday and I just could not keep up with its speed. It resembled a Fortuner from behind and the blue ambient lights were awesome.
sourabhzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2016, 16:25   #320
BHPian
 
drive_angry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: CH04 & HR26
Posts: 71
Thanked: 55 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban legend View Post
Well there s another problem now. When my family saw that the zx version has only captain seats , they were quite put off. Specially the kids as they felt it would definitely be boring to sit apart on long journeys. The dealer says they are not able to sell the rear bench seat separately and it s not allowed to convert a 7 seater to a 8 seater.
Is it possible to get an after market rear bench seat ? Matching the leather upholstery will also be tough.
I have been there where you are now. I too wanted ZX with 8 seater configuration. I even called up Toyota for this request they, as usual, refused upfront.

My trusted aftermaket accessories guy said, He would have to remove the captain seats and create a new welds/holes in the frame for the middle seats. This will also include seat belt for middle passenger but he said, the safety might be compromised if you are doing it aftermarket and since the car is registerd with 6+1 configuration, modifying it to 7+1 configuration could mean trouble from cops. so I settled for 7 seater till more viable option comes along.

I was given a quote of about a Lakh for the conversion (Including everything). Toyota refused to provide middle seat even on order. Any old Innova owner gone through this ordeal is more than welcome to chip in.

Last edited by drive_angry : 23rd August 2016 at 16:38. Reason: Grammar Check
drive_angry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2016, 16:27   #321
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: KL 01
Posts: 4,334
Thanked: 2,046 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by samabhi View Post
Yes Sankar. Got the car delivered on Saturday. The 4D mats are of good quality, but they are only good for the manual one. We tried putting them on the driver side, but it didnt fit well and will tear off easily as there is a gap between the dead pedal and the floor. Decided not to go with them and the accessories guy told me that he would check with the vendor about the availability of 4D mats for the AT Variant. I have seen so many models on the net and I think they are all for the old Innova model.

4D mats from the dealer :
Attachment 1545628
Attachment 1545629

I went with the Faux wood on the dash board and it did really change the appearance of the GX Variant. IMHO, this accessory is a must for all the GX owners. Costs about 3.8k. I also went for Fog Lamps, Rear Bike Protector and the door edge protectors. Some Pictures :
The colour looks good, lovely. Congrats man! Thanks for the pics, that faux wood finish dressing looks good and I do agree with you its a must have as it lifts up the interiors. When i saw the listing in accessory catalogue i thought it must be something like what the aftermarket accessory looks like. But this is nothing like that and looks factory fit. How do they put ut on; is it stuck over the original or is it a new panel?

What about the stereo? Finalised it?

I have seen a seller on Amazon who has listed a 3D mat specifically for the AT variant. Then there was another seller who listed the 3D mats as "for crysta" and so i asked him whether it was for AT or MT. He said it fits both so did not purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
Considering the power/torque figures, body on frame chassis and hugely improved stance, isn't a Crysta more SUV than a XUV 500?
I was following a Crysta on Gurgaon-Faridabad road yesterday and I just could not keep up with its speed. It resembled a Fortuner from behind and the blue ambient lights were awesome.
The company markets is as SUV the dealer sells it as an SUV and a MUV. My belief is that an SUV should have 4x4 atleast as an option. I think of it as a Van, a real fast van! I do like vans

Last edited by Sankar : 23rd August 2016 at 16:34.
Sankar is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2016, 16:55   #322
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 60
Thanked: 59 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive_angry View Post
This will also include seat belt for middle passenger but he said, the safety might be compromised if you are doing it aftermarket and since the car is registerd with 6+1 configuration, modifying it to 7+1 configuration could mean trouble from cops.
Then there's insurance. The insurance policy clearly states the seating capacity (4+1, 6+1 etc.). In the event of an accident that requires a claim to be submitted, the insurance company could deny the claim citing illegal seating modification.
t2k4 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2016, 17:15   #323
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: KL 01
Posts: 4,334
Thanked: 2,046 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
The company markets is as SUV the dealer sells it as an SUV and a MUV. My belief is that an SUV should have 4x4 atleast as an option. I think of it as a Van, a real fast van! I do like vans
Error regretted, I meant MUV. Typing from phone.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2016, 17:36   #324
BANNED
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Vijayawada
Posts: 32
Thanked: 40 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by samabhi View Post
I went with the Faux wood on the dash board and it did really change the appearance of the GX Variant. IMHO, this accessory is a must for all the GX owners. Costs about 3.8k. I also went for Fog Lamps, Rear Bike Protector and the door edge protectors. Some Pictures :

Over all, very happy with the car.
The Faux wood accessory really gives the other wise dull looking dash a dash of glow. Looks really nice. Is that available only for the dashboard area or is that available for the door pads too?

Last edited by RAPTOR-XUV : 23rd August 2016 at 18:02. Reason: broken quote fixed
RAPTOR-XUV is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2016, 18:52   #325
BHPian
 
VeyronSuperSprt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 800
Thanked: 1,549 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Test drove the 2.8 Auto a couple of days. Complete opposite of the 2.4!!

While the 2.4 is a real hoot to drive this one says "Damn you, I'm a delivery van and don't you forget that!!".

Engine drone, sloppy auto, bad pickup etc. Just didn't expect this from an engine that's more powerful on paper.

How two cars have completely different characteristics just because of an auto is surprising. Wouldn't advise the 2.8 to anyone looking for driving pleasure.
VeyronSuperSprt is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2016, 18:57   #326
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 315
Thanked: 208 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
The colour looks good, lovely. Congrats man!
Thank you Sankar. Actually thanks to you and deetjohn again, I have selected this colour. Initially I was planning to go for either grey or silver. After you have posted about the bronze colour in the autoexpo thread, I checked it couple of times and then finalised it. The car has gathered some dust over the last two days and this colour hides it perfectly. Its going to be a easy job maintaining the Crysta in this colour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Thanks for the pics, that faux wood finish dressing looks good and I do agree with you its a must have as it lifts up the interiors. When i saw the listing in accessory catalogue i thought it must be something like what the aftermarket accessory looks like. But this is nothing like that and looks factory fit. How do they put ut on; is it stuck over the original or is it a new panel?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPTOR-XUV View Post
The Faux wood accessory really gives the other wise dull looking dash a dash of glow. Looks really nice. Is that available only for the dashboard area or is that available for the door pads too?
Its a new panel altogether from Toyota Genuine Accessory and a easy bolt on. I have the original GX panel too with me now. However its not listed in the official accessories list and the dealer has put it in one of the display cars. Decided then and there itself after seeing it for the first time. They have it for the door pads too as listed in the official list. I went to the dealer today to collect the number plates and checked the display car again. This time they even added the silver line strip that runs across the dashboard. Got me thinking again for a second. Not sure if I want to get that done immediately, but something I would be considering in the future.

Picture of the demo car's dashboard I took today. Also check the stereo player. Its from Motevo and the finish is close to OE. Dealer is quoting 52k including the reverse camera.

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20160823_151542.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20160823_151536.jpg


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
What about the stereo? Finalised it?
I havent decided anything yet on the stereo, as I plan to get both the stereo and reverse camera together. I am looking out for a good reverse camera solution for the GX. Didnt want to fix it on the bumper, but rather have it fixed above the number plate as in the VX/ZX variant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
I have seen a seller on Amazon who has listed a 3D mat specifically for the AT variant. Then there was another seller who listed the 3D mats as "for crysta" and so i asked him whether it was for AT or MT. He said it fits both so did not purchase.
It cant be same for both. I would rather wait for the AT specific mats from dealer itself, check it in person and they buy it. From the 4d mats pictures shared by the dealer last week, I thought it would be a direct fit, but proved to be otherwise only when we tried on my car.
samabhi is offline   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2016, 21:07   #327
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: KL 01
Posts: 4,334
Thanked: 2,046 Times
Default Second Service Completed

I got my car after second service this evening, this time the service experience was really good. The famed Toyota experience if i may call it! A note of appreciation to the advisor Deepu and service head Pramesh and thanks to Amalji for the introduction

I'm assured that the steering shake while braking has been taken care of by skimming the brake discs. Wish there was a brake upgrade program like they did for the Fortuner.

I had requested for the third row seats to be removed as i need to carry a wide load which doesn't fit with the seats folded. The process of seat removal is not simple as the earlier Innova as there is a third bolt in the base that attaches to the van's body and this bolt can only be removed after separating the seat from the part that bolts to the body. So all in all 5 bolts each side to be removed to get the seat and its spring assisted folding mechanism out.

Total expenditure for the 5000Km 2nd service was Rs.150/- which they charged for removing the seat.

Removed seats:
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20160823_200128.jpg

Space inside the van:
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20160823_195412.jpg

Each side weighs 15Kilos. The base mechanism combined for both sides around 5KG. So total 35KG approx.
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20160823_194427.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by samabhi View Post
Thank you Sankar. Actually thanks to you and deetjohn again, I have selected this colour. Initially I was planning to go for either grey or silver. After you have posted about the bronze colour in the autoexpo thread, I checked it couple of times and then finalised it. The car has gathered some dust over the last two days and this colour hides it perfectly. Its going to be a easy job maintaining the Crysta in this colour.
Yep, this shade is turning out to be a hot favourite, the second being Garnet red.


Quote:
Originally Posted by samabhi View Post
Its a new panel altogether from Toyota Genuine Accessory and a easy bolt on. I have the original GX panel too with me now. However its not listed in the official accessories list and the dealer has put it in one of the display cars. Decided then and there itself after seeing it for the first time. They have it for the door pads too as listed in the official list. I went to the dealer today to collect the number plates and checked the display car again. This time they even added the silver line strip that runs across the dashboard. Got me thinking again for a second. Not sure if I want to get that done immediately, but something I would be considering in the future.
The silver lining also looks good, it will be worth it alongwith the side door switch garnishes. Will spruce up the interiors. The Innova GX Nippon did at Cochin had that silver line on the AC control panels too. The picture is in the Auto expo thread, posted by deetjohn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samabhi View Post
Picture of the demo car's dashboard I took today. Also check the stereo player. Its from Motevo and the finish is close to OE. Dealer is quoting 52k including the reverse camera.

Attachment 1545755

Attachment 1545756
I knew i saw the picture of that stereo somewhere else before, it was in OLX while searching for Crysta accessories. Here is the link:

https://www.olx.in/item/innova-cryst...-ID168xm5.html

Last edited by Sankar : 23rd August 2016 at 21:13.
Sankar is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2016, 21:45   #328
mxh
BHPian
 
mxh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 160
Thanked: 119 Times
Default

Maybe a silly question but is it legal to remove seats? Cause I guess the number of seats puts this car in a lower tax bracket.
mxh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2016, 21:52   #329
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: KL 01
Posts: 4,334
Thanked: 2,046 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Isn't that applicable only for yellow board registrations?
The price sheet i have with me from Toyota has listed higher tax for the 8 seater compared to 7 seater.
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2016, 22:35   #330
Senior - BHPian
 
coolboy007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,712
Thanked: 1,411 Times
Default Re: Second Service Completed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
I'm assured that the steering shake while braking has been taken care of by skimming the brake discs. Wish there was a brake upgrade program like they
This should not have been done in a new vehicle at any cost. If the car was facing brake shuddering due to uneven wear on discs, the dealer has to file a warranty claim to Toyota and get it done by replacing the brake rotors. Skimming discs makes sense for older cars which have clocked 30-35k kms or are out of warranty but an authorised dealer doing skimming to solve brake discs shudder on a new car like Crysta is not done.

Please have a word with Toyota about it, i faced this shudder in my Ecosport at 20000 kms and Ford happily changed both discs+pads in warranty, do not see a reason why Toyota should have a problem.
coolboy007 is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ICE upgrade for the Toyota Innova Crysta sridhu In-Car Entertainment 64 16th November 2016 12:05
Replacing our 2 lakh km Innova - Toyota Innova Crysta vs Ford Endeavour icyspikey SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 25 5th August 2016 22:02
Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016 GTO The Indian Car Scene 879 17th June 2016 10:38


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:16.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks