Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2017, 03:36   #871
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 22
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorheart View Post
Hi all,



Just wanted to know if anyone was able to update the navigation maps ( SD Card )... Every time i take my car to the service center, the service contact person removes the card and gives to me ....





regrds

anzy

Please don't quote me on this, but I don't think the maps on the SD card can be upgraded by the end user. If it's anything like my Santa Fe in Canada, the maps are locked to the specific vehicle and will fail to update if the software does not recognize the relevant serial numbers. This may or may not be the same in India, but if I was to hazard a guess, it would be.

Maps supplied to vehicle manufacturers tend to be overly expensive ($180/₹11,243 for my car) and I generally prefer to leave them be unless they include some fancy new features. Much easier to just hook up a phone and use Google Maps which is infinitely more useful with features like live traffic as well as construction updates.
CrippledLucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2017, 13:05   #872
Senior - BHPian
 
amalji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kochi
Posts: 1,258
Thanked: 1,429 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrippledLucifer View Post
. Much easier to just hook up a phone and use Google Maps which is infinitely more useful with features like live traffic as well as construction updates.
It's sad that a global leader like Toyota still fail to include Google's android play on their music systems. Offline maps are a thing of the past and is used more as a backup these days.
amalji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2017, 01:37   #873
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 22
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Just a quick question related to our incoming Innova Crysta ZX. As aforementioned my parents and I will be picking up our Innova Crysta in about two weeks time. Am I correct in assuming that the 2.7 petrol ZX model does NOT come with an engine cover? Is this something that can be retrofitted on the petrol model? One of our BHP members here has retrofitted an engine cover on his diesel vehicle and he mentioned the mounting preparation exists on the engine itself however I am unable to find any information relevant to the petrol engine model.

I fail to understand why TKM cannot even provide a simple engine cover on a car that costs over 20L and that too on the highest tier model.
CrippledLucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2017, 16:34   #874
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Back to Chndgrh
Posts: 2,203
Thanked: 2,957 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
I fail to understand why TKM cannot even provide a simple engine cover on a car that costs over 20L and that too on the highest tier model.
You may be surprised, Toyota sells LC -Prado which retails around 85 Lac ex-showroom without an engine cover too

sorry, I could not reply to your queries on 3M before as I came to Calgary for a while.

Don't tell me that you are buying a Petrol Innova ( Though I too own one ) but I think 2,8 Diesel is the one to go far and if by any chance you are going with Petrol do negotiate large discounts.

Last edited by Turbanator : 31st July 2017 at 16:49.
Turbanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2017, 01:11   #875
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 22
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
You may be surprised, Toyota sells LC -Prado which retails around 85 Lac ex-showroom without an engine cover too

sorry, I could not reply to your queries on 3M before as I came to Calgary for a while.

Don't tell me that you are buying a Petrol Innova ( Though I too own one ) but I think 2,8 Diesel is the one to go far and if by any chance you are going with Petrol do negotiate large discounts.

Wow, that bit of news is indeed a shocker! I can understand cost cutting but omitting an engine cover on the Prado seems absurd on the part of TKM. Only heaven knows what they were thinking.

My primary concern is keeping the engine itself clean. Knowing the condition of the roads as well as the amount of dust on our roads, I feel like it'll just cause issues down the road (no pun intended). A good chunk of our family lives in UP where roads are truly awful. I shudder to think about what all that dust can do to the engine over time.

Do you happen to know if the engine cover even exists for the 2.7 petrol? I cannot seem to find any mention of it in any accessories list.

Yes, we are ultimately dead set on the petrol model. My parents will be the primary users of this vehicle and they intend to keep it for a long time (~10 years). It will be self driven so the AT transmission was a no brainer. Dad has done a lot of math and firmly decided on the petrol and refuses to budge. He maintains the petrol engine makes far more sense for their uses. Besides all that, my father test drove the diesel version a few months ago and did not like it at all. He does not like the diesel engine clatter as well as the somewhat more unrefined feel of that engine.

No worries at all! Calgary at this time of the year must be very nice! Summers in Ottawa can be quite fun too, plenty of activities spread through out the NCR although I'm sure it's nothing like Calgary.

Do let me know whenever you get the chance to speak with the 3M chap. We found another 3M car care store in Noida who has offered to wrap the common scratch prone areas of the car with PPF and suggested an underbody coating with the 3M bodyschutz rubberized spray. Googling it seems to show positive reviews although they're mostly limited to North America. If anyone here has used this product from 3M, do share your thoughts irrespective of vehicle. I'm hoping this will add a tiny bit of insulation from road noise too though that will be a bonus at this point. Protecting the wheel wells is definitely high up on the list of things to do post delivery.

We should be taking delivery on the 10th of August provided the sales associate keeps his word so there's still some time. Fingers crossed for a hassle free experience! We've never purchased a brand new car in India so this will be an interesting first purchase. I will definitely share my experience here on Team-BHP as this forum has provided me with an immense wealth of knowledge on cars in India.
CrippledLucifer is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2017, 16:08   #876
BHPian
 
PrideRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: BLR/PTR
Posts: 857
Thanked: 1,245 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Took delivery of my Innova Crysta last week. 2.4GX super white it is. Covered 1K KM over the weekend and the i got overall F.E of 14.6KMPL. Not bad for 2.4L behemoth.
Accessories added:
1. Blaupunkt San Marino head unit
2. Rockford Fosgate front(including tweeter) and rear speakers.
3.Tweeter grille
4.Dashboard wood finish
5. Reverse camera.

The size makes its presence felt in city and feels super stable on highway. The hydraulic Power steering is such a joy. The PWR mode is addictive with Innova lurking forward. The Eco mode helps you to extract maximum FE.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2017, 10:50   #877
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 350
Thanked: 247 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Took delivery of my Innova Crysta last week. 2.4GX super white it is. Covered 1K KM over the weekend and the i got overall F.E of 14.6KMPL. Not bad for 2.4L behemoth.
Accessories added:
1. Blaupunkt San Marino head unit
2. Rockford Fosgate front(including tweeter) and rear speakers.
3.Tweeter grille
4.Dashboard wood finish
5. Reverse camera.

The size makes its presence felt in city and feels super stable on highway. The hydraulic Power steering is such a joy. The PWR mode is addictive with Innova lurking forward. The Eco mode helps you to extract maximum FE.
Congratulations. How is the reverse camera installed? Is it on the rear bumper? If yes, is the view satisfactory?

I am still looking at installing it above the number plate just like in VX and ZX variants. The options are too limited and eventually I may need to settle down with it being installed on the bumper.
samabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2017, 22:02   #878
BHPian
 
IndiaSierra's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 44
Thanked: 89 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Sorry for posting late.Was busy with some work.
So finally on 22nd July, we went forthe PDI.Armed with the TBHP PDI checklist, we slowly started to tick every box.Everything seemed to be perfectly fine.Decoded the VIN, the car was a post GST July manufactured, so fresh from the oven!The odometer read 5 km which is perfectly normal.The car was scrutinised for almost 30mins with a fine comb but we failed to find any imperfections.We moved the car from one parking space to another just to see any other possible problems or unusual engine sound.I could feel the car begging me to take it home right away.Felt sad parting with my new friend and went back home with mixed feelings.The final payment was disbursed on 24th.Due to some urgent commitments, we would be taking the delivery on 7th August.I will post a short impression of delivery followed by an in-detail ownership review.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img20170722wa0041.jpg  

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img20170722wa0043.jpg  

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img20170722wa0037.jpg  

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img20170722wa0047.jpg  

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img20170722wa0034.jpg  

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img20170722wa0028.jpg  

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img20170722wa0030.jpg  

IndiaSierra is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2017, 23:52   #879
BHPian
 
johannskaria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: MH 03 / KL 08
Posts: 676
Thanked: 1,535 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Can anyone please let me know what kind of real world fuel economy are you guys getting in 2.8 AT Diesel after 10k services?

Looking at a Crysta vs Compass comparison. Swinging in favour of the Crysta with only fuel economy remaining the only concern.
johannskaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2017, 10:41   #880
BHPian
 
PrideRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: BLR/PTR
Posts: 857
Thanked: 1,245 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by samabhi View Post
Congratulations. How is the reverse camera installed? Is it on the rear bumper? If yes, is the view satisfactory?

I am still looking at installing it above the number plate just like in VX and ZX variants. The options are too limited and eventually I may need to settle down with it being installed on the bumper.
I got it installed above the number plate, very similar to what you see in V/Z variants. The fit is excellent. I got Blaupunkt HU and the display is just above average in bright sunlight. While the camera as such is good, it will depend on what HU you have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
Can anyone please let me know what kind of real world fuel economy are you guys getting in 2.8 AT Diesel after 10k services?

Looking at a Crysta vs Compass comparison. Swinging in favour of the Crysta with only fuel economy remaining the only concern.
In dense city traffic like Bangalore, 7-8 is what you can expect. In moderate traffic and depending on driving style you can expect 9. In highway with Eco mode ON, you can extract around 11-12. The opening post mentions single digit FE in urban driving condition is pretty much spot on.
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2017, 10:52   #881
BHPian
 
johannskaria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: MH 03 / KL 08
Posts: 676
Thanked: 1,535 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post

In dense city traffic like Bangalore, 7-8 is what you can expect. In moderate traffic and depending on driving style you can expect 9. In highway with Eco mode ON, you can extract around 11-12. The opening post mentions single digit FE in urban driving condition is pretty much spot on.
Is there a significant improvement in fuel economy figures after the 10k mark?
or is it still in the range you've mentioned above?
johannskaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2017, 15:27   #882
BHPian
 
PrideRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: BLR/PTR
Posts: 857
Thanked: 1,245 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
Is there a significant improvement in fuel economy figures after the 10k mark?
or is it still in the range you've mentioned above?
I currently have two generations of Innova and I did not see significant improvement after 1st service(based on old Gen, current one has done only about 2K). Driving on very light foot, coasting, Eco mode might help you attain 14KMPL which is ARAI rated FE.
Innova AT is heavy, comes with large engine and old school torque converter. None of these seem to help the FE.
P.S: The Innova's I have are MT, the information I am passing on AT is based on longish test drive and updates from friend.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2017, 11:21   #883
BHPian
 
Deepu Sharma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Meerut
Posts: 60
Thanked: 74 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
I currently have two generations of Innova and I did not see significant improvement after 1st service(based on old Gen, current one has done only about 2K). Driving on very light foot, coasting, Eco mode might help you attain 14KMPL which is ARAI rated FE.
Innova AT is heavy, comes with large engine and old school torque converter. None of these seem to help the FE.
P.S: The Innova's I have are MT, the information I am passing on AT is based on longish test drive and updates from friend.
After driving my gx automatic for 2000 kms , can certainly say the best i got was 13.4 and the worst 9.8 on a tankfull method.
The car is absolutely brilliant that after owning an Endeavour 3.2 at. Feels so much lighter and Stable on both highways and city drives. Much more comfortable for both passengers as well as driver as compared to the Endy. Since I do not have needs for the 4x4 and Car usually used for Urban Commute, Does the work excellently.
Deepu Sharma is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2017, 12:29   #884
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: KL
Posts: 4,680
Thanked: 3,508 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepu Sharma View Post
The car is absolutely brilliant that after owning an Endeavour 3.2 at. Feels so much lighter and Stable on both highways and city drives. Much more comfortable for both passengers as well as driver as compared to the Endy. Since I do not have needs for the 4x4 and Car usually used for Urban Commute, Does the work excellently.
Thats high praise coming from someone who owns both Crysta and the new Endaevor 3.2. I bought my 2.8 GX AT last year and it has been good so far.
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2017, 15:42   #885
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Nashik
Posts: 196
Thanked: 186 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Has anyone faced an issue with the AC Compressor thermistor? My Crysta is barely 10 months old and done less that 15k kms and my AC doesn't work properly. The compressor shuts off and doesn't turn on again. I gave it to my dealer 2 days ago. Now they're telling me after consulting with the Technical team in Bangalore, they said they need to replace the thermistor which is out of stock in Pune and Bangalore and will need at least 3-4 more days.

Where is the Toyota reliability and Toyota Stress Free ASS?
venom_op is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ICE upgrade for the Toyota Innova Crysta sridhu In-Car Entertainment 75 29th November 2017 22:43
Replacing our 2 lakh km Innova - Toyota Innova Crysta vs Ford Endeavour icyspikey SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 31 16th May 2017 18:48
Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016 GTO The Indian Car Scene 879 17th June 2016 10:38


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 18:58.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks