Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 9th October 2017, 15:27   #226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj981 View Post
Wifey needs to get a new car. An upgrade(if I can really call it an upgrade) from her existing Cedia sports. The options are polo sports GT TSI or the Ameo Highline plus diesel with the DSG.

Sine the Ameo has good deals going the Ameo is priced around 50k more than the petrol polo TSI with the DSG. Am not able to make up my mind which one should I go for.

Rear vents for the AC, rear camera, more boot space and the front arm rest seems like a good value proposition.

Just need to figure out which is a better engine. The 1.2 petrol or the 1.5 oil burner. Also how is the DSG with these two. Any suggestions ???

I too am facing sort-of-similar dilemma.
We need a small AT car. I quite like GT TSI, in fact we have one already in the family. It's a great car but it has a bad habit of drinking. We are managing to get close to 10 at the max in Delhi traffic which id a little pinching.
I was apprehensive when I took a test drive of Ameo DSG and trust me the diesel cluster was not all that bad... Not at least in car I took for spin... Sometimes it's a matter of the unit... Some units are better than others... Anyway, performance of the Ameo diesel auto was to good except for an early small lag which is almost always there in oil burners.
Overall, I think I'm gonna go with Ameo.
Small footprint, fantastic engine and gearbox, fuel efficient, great build quality, most features are there although a few still missing. Deal isn't too bad either financially.
Only thing I don't like is the hideous rear which is getting deal breaker😔😯
the_dark_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2017, 00:18   #227
BHPian

Default Re: Volkswagen Ameo : Official Review

I just picked Ameo highline diesel manual. This car will replace ford Figo for my wifey. Others in the consideration set were aspire diesel, Jazz Petrol and Nexon. Decision factors were , small car footprint, perceived value of the boot, German build quality and feature rich variant . Never considered maruti and Hyundai products as I voted for build quality and the ride. So far I have driven about 50 kms and have good initial impressions .
I wish the car had more space in the rear and the shape of rear is not that great aesthetically . I am a bit worried about the after sales promptness and costing . The other car I own is a Tata safari storme 2016. I guess I have chosen two extremes of automobile units when it comes to refinement, space , fit and finish, and chosen to go against conventional choices of best sellers in the respective segments.
However both cars are expected to give me a comfortable ride over long distances, decent mileage and complement each other in terms of use depending on traffic congestion, city and highway usage
sudhakarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2017, 20:46   #228
BHPian

Hi all,
We brought home a new Ameo Highline Plus diesel DSG yesterday which is replacing our old swift Dzire.
Initial impressions from 50km drive in the car
Good things first:
1. Engine and gearbox combination is in a different league altogether: too good for competition to match (Maruti Dzire you listening)
2. Superb build quality inside out. Again no other car in competition has capability to match Vee-dub IMHO.
3. Very thoughtful interior. Ample storage spaces.
4. The "THUD" of door close
5. 16" rims
6. We have brought home quite a few new cars home before but nothing matches the pleasure of owning a VW. They CRAFT their cars for their buyers. Am in awe of this car even with its vices.
7. The car is not that wide so I find parking a lot easier.
Now the bad things:
1. Biggest by far is the hideous rear. Clearly, VW chose the most unqualified designers and told them they won't beer paid for the job (to make a compact sedan). How on earth can you make an ugly car when you have something like current gen Polo to begin with. EWW !
2. Space at rear is below segment standard but that's not an issue for me as it's only kids who take the backseat in our case.
3. Some kit missing which competition offers at lower price like LED headlamps, push button start, navigation enabled infotainment.

And I didn't even talk about the upgraded infotainment system I got from VW. It's quite nice but a little too costly.

Last edited by GTO : 19th October 2017 at 08:58. Reason: Merging back to back posts
the_dark_knight is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2017, 17:57   #229
BHPian

Just came across the new Anniversary edition of the Ameo, it's seems like a great package for the given price point in MT petrol- here in Mumbai haven't really seen many cars, I guess it's to do with the rear end, but the Anniversary edition has a nice rear lip black spoiler to give it a sporty touch and honey comb art leather seats as well.

On the pricing & with additional discounts it's seems like a great buy. Has Anybody picked up one here on the TBHP ?
TRANSAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2017, 16:03   #230
Distinguished - BHPian

Brace yourself for the next special edition from VW- India.

Quote:
The Ameo Sport gets body graphics, black roof, trunk lid mounted spoiler, black garnish on the boot lid and blackened alloy wheels. The interior gets black leather seats which complement the car’s sporty exteriors.

Volkswagen Ameo Sport

– Volkswagen will launch the Ameo Sport in January 2018
– The car gets body decals and black leather seats
– Ameo Sport will rival the Ford Aspire Sports Edition

Volkswagen Ameo : Official Review-volkswagenameorearspotted.jpg

Volkswagen Ameo : Official Review-volkswagenameospied.jpg

Last edited by volkman10 : 24th November 2017 at 16:04.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote