Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 21st September 2017, 14:32   #76
BHPian

Default Re: Mahindra e2o Plus : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinojohnt View Post
If you have not bought an E2O yet, it makes sense to wait for the Nano Electric (to be launched soon). You'll at least have an option to compare. I have a feeling that the Nano Electric will be offered at half the price of an E2O.
There is no way you are going to get an Electric Nano for half the price of an E2O. I have been hearing about Electric Nano for more than 2 years and has been eagerly waiting for its launch. I am happy to buy it the moment it is launched as it is a great car for the city use. Then there was Electric version on Bolt and now the Electric Tiago.

And no, I haven't bought the E2O+ yet. I was offered close to 1L discount last month (Aug 2017) as a part of some promotion the company is running. But during my last test drive, the car struggled to climb the steep incline towards the road from my parking area. Though it climbed to the top, it was not convincing enough. If I stop in the middle of the incline, the car will not move forward and we have to reverse all the way back to my parking area try climbing all the way in a single motion. I am worried as the motor/battery ages, any more reduction in power will make the car useless.

I need an electric car soon but I do not have a choice other than E2O. There is a powerful model of E2O, but that will cost above 11L which I dont see a value. My solar setup at home produced 3720 Units of electricity out of which 450 Units were excess and exported to the grid in last one year. This 450 Units was enough to drive the e2O for 4500KMs for free. Now you know how badly I miss an Electric Car. I will increase the solar capacity once I buy an electric car.

So for now, the wait again continues for the next Electric Car in India.
Holyghost is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote