Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2017, 17:30   #3076
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 9
Thanked: 18 Times
Default Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

nice try. in this case the larger circumference wheel should report less distance unless the Speedo is overcompensated.
at this rate tread wearing out should also be included !
pk3977 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2017, 23:58   #3077
BHPian
 
rshnvjy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Thrissur
Posts: 40
Thanked: 300 Times
Default Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranga View Post
I see all traits of what happened in my Scorpio way back in 2009 happening in HEXA (Wiper issue mentioned above)
This is a minor issue. We have had a Hexa for close to 6 months now during which we have subjected it to the abuse of driving over more than 2000 kms of broken roads through rural Karnataka over a short span of 6 days. Not a single mechanical fault with the car at all. I can personally vouch for the way this car has been built. You can check out my previous posts on this thread detailing a small electrical issue we had and how courteously and promptly Tata followed up as well. This reiterated our faith in our choice (after having previously used a 2004 Indica as well as a 2010 Fiat Punto).

I would suggest you to open up the bonnet of the Hexa and take a look at the components inside (and compare them to your erstwhile Scorpio). Every single component is manufactured/made by a reputed company (air quality sensor by Continental - made in Germany, turbo from Honeywell, just to give a few examples). Gone are the days when Tata/Mahindra used to make worse cars and price them accordingly. These new vehicles are made according to world class standards and a single incident in no way undermines the reliability of the whole model.

I'm also fairly certain that hundreds of Hexa customers that I know and have spoken to on the countrywide group are also perfectly satisfied with their vehicles. But of course, aren't we all guilty of prejudice before understanding and reading or even experiencing something firsthand?
rshnvjy is offline   (22) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2017, 10:39   #3078
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 402
Thanked: 576 Times
Default Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rshnvjy View Post
...

I would suggest you to open up the bonnet of the Hexa and take a look at the components inside (and compare them to your erstwhile Scorpio). Every single component is manufactured/made by a reputed company (air quality sensor by Continental - made in Germany, turbo from Honeywell, just to give a few examples). Gone are the days when Tata/Mahindra used to make worse cars and price them accordingly. These new vehicles are made according to world class standards and a single incident in no way undermines the reliability of the whole model.

...
The components may be from world-class suppliers but I have heard from sources in the industry that parts supplied to one customer may be superior in quality to those supplied to another customer, even though the facilities and processes to manufacture the parts are the same. It seems the reason for this the price the customer pays and what they deem to be acceptable quality. This might have been an issue in the past with Tata but seeing the quality of their latest cars, I think that this is no longer an issue. Even the Nano has greatly improved in fit, finish and reliability over the last few years.

Last edited by Motard_Blr : 27th September 2017 at 10:41.
Motard_Blr is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2017, 18:43   #3079
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 141
Thanked: 207 Times
Default Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

A question to all Hexa owners : How long did you wait between booking and delivery?

I booked on 6th September and still do not have any confirmation on delivery date. Every follow-up with dealership ends with "We will close the loop today end of day sir !!! ".
prasanna_indaje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2017, 20:34   #3080
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: gurgaon
Posts: 65
Thanked: 46 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Default

You can raise a complaint to Tata motors helpline available on hexa website or write them a mail.
Abhishek_Garg is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2017, 20:45   #3081
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 141
Thanked: 207 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek_Garg View Post
You can raise a complaint to Tata motors helpline available on hexa website or write them a mail.
Thanks. Have already raised a complaint to TaMo and waiting for their response.
prasanna_indaje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2017, 21:06   #3082
BHPian
 
goswami.j's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: CowBelt
Posts: 95
Thanked: 33 Times
Default Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanna_indaje View Post
A question to all Hexa owners : How long did you wait between booking and delivery?

I booked on 6th September and still do not have any confirmation on delivery date. Every follow-up with dealership ends with "We will close the loop today end of day sir !!! ".
From my booking to delivery was around 20 days. However dealer gave me confirmation & VIN number as soon as TML allocated the car which was about 10 days. Mind you this was in end Aug17, before the festive season demands kicked in.
goswami.j is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2017, 21:47   #3083
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 141
Thanked: 207 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goswami.j View Post
From my booking to delivery was around 20 days. However dealer gave me confirmation & VIN number as soon as TML allocated the car which was about 10 days. Mind you this was in end Aug17, before the festive season demands kicked in.
Your case seems to be reasonable.

Even after considering festive season demand, dealership should be able to get some idea on tentative delivery date after 25 days of booking. In my case, there is no confirmation on VIN or delivery date.

While most of the texts go unanswered, some return with a false commitment which is never met.

Now that I have involved Tata, hope things will clarify next week.

Another BHPian friends booking too is in similar situation.
prasanna_indaje is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2017, 12:57   #3084
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 141
Thanked: 207 Times
Default Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanna_indaje View Post
Now that I have involved Tata, hope things will clarify next week.
Regional Manager of Tata called yesterday to inform that the delay is at the Plant and not because of dealership.

I have received my VIN today and it is September 2017 manufactured.
prasanna_indaje is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2017, 15:40   #3085
BHPian
 
esoticoreventon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 133
Thanked: 244 Times
Default

Does the Hexa Automatic now come the super drive mode selector? Wasn't this unique to the Manual variant(XM and XT)? They talk about the auto, manual and sports mode but isn't that the gearbox modes rather than the drive modes? If so, why have the shown the super drive modes selector? Is this an error or does the automatic variant have the rotary knob for driving modes now?

Attaching a snap from Tata Motors facebook page.

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20171001_145308.jpg

Last edited by esoticoreventon : 1st October 2017 at 15:46. Reason: Adding image.
esoticoreventon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2017, 16:43   #3086
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: HR 51/HR 29
Posts: 497
Thanked: 945 Times
Default Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by esoticoreventon View Post
Does the Hexa Automatic now come the super drive mode selector? Wasn't this unique to the Manual variant(XM and XT)?

Attachment 1681232
This is a mistake. This mode selector switch present only on the higher MT models and on the 4x4. It's not there on the automatic. The auto has a built-in sport mode of it's own though, which you engage by pushing the gear lever 'left' when in D.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2017, 17:00   #3087
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 141
Thanked: 207 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
This is a mistake. This mode selector switch present only on the higher MT models and on the 4x4. It's not there on the automatic. The auto has a built-in sport mode of it's own though, which you engage by pushing the gear lever 'left' when in D.
It's seems to be a wrong image. I text says Auto, Sports and Manual, which are the options available in AT.
For a moment I thought XTA AWD is released.
prasanna_indaje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2017, 18:30   #3088
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,501
Thanked: 1,269 Times
Default Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motard_Blr View Post
Even the Nano has greatly improved in fit, finish and reliability over the last few years.
As a 2013 made Nano owner, I agree. But there isn't so much in it to go wrong.

My big concern with high end Tata cars with all the gadgets/bells/whistles is glitch free reliability of these. I would have no hesitation in investing in the lowest trim Hexa; the underlying platform is mechanically solid and that version is unbeatable value for money for someone that needs a vehicle of that size. But IMO the jury is still out on the reliability of the higher trim versions, and there would be a better answer in the year or two of real world use of the car and all of its many gadgets.
Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2017, 18:40   #3089
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 402
Thanked: 576 Times
Default Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
...
But IMO the jury is still out on the reliability of the higher trim versions, and there would be a better answer in the year or two of real world use of the car and all of its many gadgets.
The gadgets are already in use in the zest and bolt for more than 2 years. Admittedly they aren't exactly the same but I think they are a good representation. Since nobody has reported any major problems with those, I think that the Hexa should be fine.
Motard_Blr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2017, 13:26   #3090
Senior - BHPian
 
smsrini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,003
Thanked: 256 Times
Default Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

After the 1st long drive to Hyderabad and back over the weekend, I've noticed 2 things:

1) Dirt / mud accumulates on the rear door sil due to water splashing from the rear wheel. Need some kind of a front mud flap as well at the rear.

2) FE reported by the MID and the actual ( kms/ fuel refilled ), differs by around 2 kmpl.

Keeping the engine running at around 1800rpm / 110km/hr speeds reports a FE of 14.2 on the MID. actual comes to around 12.7

On the return journey, we did higher speeds of 120km/hr with the rpm generally at around 2100, and got 13.4 kmpl as reported on the MID.

3) Low beam is woefully bad on the highway, and barely sufficient in city especially when it rains. Has anyone upgraded the bulbs ? Any suggestions ?

4) at the above speeds, wipers start to streak/ judder across the windscreen. I'm thinking of trying the Bosch Clear Advantage Wipers

Has anyone else noticed the difference in Fuel Efficiency ?


thanks
Srinivas

Last edited by smsrini : 3rd October 2017 at 13:32.
smsrini is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016 GTO The Indian Car Scene 1664 21st November 2016 22:24
Tata Hexa @ Geneva Motor Show 2015. An Aria-based Crossover! smsrini The Indian Car Scene 445 4th February 2016 00:53


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:47.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks