Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 29th March 2017, 16:33   #91
BHPian

Default Re: Renault Kwid AMT (Automatic) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
This practice will result in unnecessary wear of the clutch plate and not recommended even for a minute. Always use handbrake on uphills.
Thanks bhp_maniac! That was the first time I drove an AMT and found it very convenient at that time. Like you said, it might cause unnecessary wear and tear to the clutch plate in the long run. Missed think in that direction completely.

Cheers!
R-Six
R-Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2017, 20:12   #92
BHPian

Just took delivery of our Kwid AMT RXT (O). The delivery experience was smooth, however, there are two questions I have with regard to the car.

- the first one is the engine+AMT combo. The car stalled twice while coming back from the showroom. The N and D warnings on the MID were flickering continuously when this happened. The AMT seems to shift fine otherwise and no other problems. Is this natural?

- the AMT badge was missing on the car. The dealer promised to source it before the first service and affix it.

A few images.

The rear. Notice the missing AMT badging:
Renault Kwid AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-20170630_171500.jpg

The headlamp unit. Again, an ungainly gap between it and the bumper:
Renault Kwid AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-20170630_173319.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd July 2017 at 09:51.
vishy76 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2017, 16:33   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
Just took delivery of our Kwid AMT RXT (O). The delivery experience was smooth, however, there are two questions I have with regard to the car.

- the first one is the engine+AMT combo. The car stalled twice while coming back from the showroom. The N and D warnings on the MID were flickering continuously when this happened. The AMT seems to shift fine otherwise and no other problems. Is this natural?
Congratulations on your new car!

I am in search of a small AMT for city use and popular choice at home is Kwid AT purely due to its looks. Will be going for TD on Saturday.

How is the car performing now? Any issues with stalling?

Your inputs on the car performance especially regrading the AMT experience would be very helpful.
the_skyliner is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2017, 20:34   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
Congratulations on your new car!

I am in search of a small AMT for city use and popular choice at home is Kwid AT purely due to its looks. Will be going for TD on Saturday.

How is the car performing now? Any issues with stalling?

Your inputs on the car performance especially regrading the AMT experience would be very helpful.
Thanks a lot.

The car is doing well. A review is being prepped on the assembly line as I type this.

The car was stalling initially for the first few days, but seems that it was dirty petrol as it never does that now. Performance is adequate and I find the AMT to be par for city drives atleast.

I shall be completing my review by the end of this month. Will keep you updated.

Regards,
Vishy
vishy76 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote