Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2017, 21:19   #91
BHPian
 
carrot_eater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 171
Thanked: 100 Times
Default Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
• Diesel’s short service interval of merely 5,000 km! Inconvenient for those with high usage
Thank you for the Awesome review. I visited the showroom today to check out the vehicle.
About the service interval, I was told there is a service at 1K and 5K for the first two times and thereafter every 10K or 1 year whichever is the earlier.

I was wondering if I was given wrong information by the Sales guy or this needs to be edited in the review.

Cheers
Carrot
carrot_eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2017, 22:11   #92
BHPian
 
CarLoverJosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 33
Thanked: 23 Times
Default Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Interesting,are you suggesting that it is better to buy a safari for 15 lakhs ,than spending 38 lakhs on a Fortuner or an Endeavour ?
Just to clarify sir, he is speaking about the ride comfort of the Safari vs the Fortuner. Never once has he said that one should buy a Safari pver a Fortuner or Endeavour.
CarLoverJosh is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2017, 22:23   #93
BHPian
 
LionX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Cochin / Bangalore
Posts: 500
Thanked: 510 Times
Default Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Interesting,are you suggesting that it is better to buy a safari for 15 lakhs ,than spending 38 lakhs on a Fortuner or an Endeavour ?
Yes, if your priority is *only* the ride quality and not bothered about features, 4WD capability, reliability & most importantly after sales service

Last edited by LionX : 13th February 2017 at 22:24.
LionX is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2017, 17:35   #94
BHPian
 
pjegadeesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Rajapalayam
Posts: 88
Thanked: 53 Times
Default Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

I initially drove the 4*2 AT Fortuner and felt that the ride was not good compared to a Duster/Creta which i previously owned and hence decided to try the Ford Endeavour. Ford Endeavour ride was better than Toyota Fortuner but the Test drive vehicle a 4*4 3.2 litre Automatic driven 25000Kms seemed abused and i somehow felt it was not my vehicle and my mind again said Fortuner.

So i decided to try a 4*4 AT but the sales executive informed me that only 4*4 Manual was available for Test Drive in Madurai and then i asked him to bring it. I took it off road and the Fortuner took all the obstacles extremely well. I felt engaging reverse gear was little bit difficult u need some strength to do so. Other than that i felt Toyota Fortuner with all the minuses in terms of equipments and performance won over me with better mileage, resale value & reliability. So i decided immediately and gave a booking for White Pearl 4*4 AT Toyota Fortuner.

The sales executive informed me that the vehicles for the current month have already been allotted and i may have to wait till next month allocation. I requested for faster delivery and it seems it is not possible.

Last edited by pjegadeesh : 14th February 2017 at 17:39. Reason: small corrections
pjegadeesh is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2017, 20:58   #95
BHPian
 
dean5545's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: mumbai
Posts: 658
Thanked: 771 Times
Default Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

1000km Update:
I couldn't post pics from my phone so posting the detailed update now:

We took delivery of our 4x4 Manual White Fortuner on the 5th of January 2017.
Hectic work schedule meant I completed the first 1000km in a month's time which is by far the most time taken for any of our cars to hit that mark( Innova did it in 5 days!)

I have done 2 outstation trips i.e. Mumbai-Nashik-Mumbai and Mumbai-Daman-Mumbai) and remaining driving was in city.
Till the time we have the Innova this will be used only for long drives and special occassions.
Would like to summarise the positives and negatives below based on the first 1000km:
Positives:
>Awesome 6 speed manual gearbox, slots in perfectly
>Feature loaded. Love the convenience of the Keyless entry, auto headlamps and power boot
>Great front seats
>Fantastic braking power
>Cruising capability, 6th gear 120kmph is not even 2000rpm.

Negatives:
>Slotting reverse gear, have to always explain people driving it for the first time
>Sound system is pretty average, at this price point they should have given a better one
>The Bridgestone Duelers, I just hate the way the tyres perform. It cannot handle the Fortuner's power and torque. It will give you 2nd gear wheelspin in normal mode on hardshifting! While taking a turn a bit hard the tyres start squealing like crazy. If there was a better option available would have swapped the tyres rightaway!

Now for some pictures:
The First milestone:
Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-img_6406.jpg

The First offroad trail driving experience:
Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-img_6386.jpg

Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-img_6387.jpg

Both my cars together:
Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-img_6212.jpg

Regarding the ride quality, I have kept 29 psi all round. The car was a bit bouncy initially but now the suspension has bedded in. It is quite good at high speeds actually.

Last edited by dean5545 : 14th February 2017 at 20:59.
dean5545 is online now   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2017, 00:43   #96
Senior - BHPian
 
ecosport rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,073
Thanked: 1,337 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Default Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarLoverJosh View Post
Just to clarify sir, he is speaking about the ride comfort of the Safari vs the Fortuner. Never once has he said that one should buy a Safari pver a Fortuner or Endeavour.
Didn't mean it that way,I stand corrected.
I was surprised that a Safari could offer a ride quality closer to the Fortuner or Endeavour

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
Yes, if your priority is *only* the ride quality and not bothered about features, 4WD capability, reliability & most importantly after sales service

True,agree with you
ecosport rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2017, 01:59   #97
Senior - BHPian
 
ecosport rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,073
Thanked: 1,337 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Default Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjegadeesh View Post
So i decided immediately and gave a booking for White Pearl 4*4 AT Toyota Fortuner.
.
Congratulations on your decision to buy the Fortuner.

Wanted to give you some information on the pearl white

-Looks great but the only problem is that if you ever require a repaint or a touch up, the shade will never match even if the original formula is used (this is because of the inherent nature of pearl white and not because of applicator error)

Just my two cents.

Last edited by ecosport rules : 15th February 2017 at 02:02.
ecosport rules is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2017, 07:44   #98
Senior - BHPian
 
ecosport rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,073
Thanked: 1,337 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Default Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
[b][U
>Sound system is pretty average, at this price point they should have given a better one.

>The Bridgestone Duelers, I just hate the way the tyres perform. It cannot handle the Fortuner's power and torque. It will give you 2nd gear wheelspin in normal mode on hardshifting! While taking a turn a bit hard the tyres start squealing like crazy. If there was a better option available would have swapped the tyres rightaway!

>Regarding the ride quality, I have kept 29 psi all round. The car was a bit bouncy initially but now the suspension has bedded in. It is quite good at high speeds actually.
Thanks for the update.
I am eagerly waiting for your ownership report.

>Have you explored any options to upgrade the audio quality without voiding warranty (changing only speakers etc)

>Surprised to note this about the Bridgestones.
Is it possible that the SUV is too quick and any tyre will spin in the 2nd gear or is it a general feeling of unsureness and lack of confidance on the performance of tyres.

Is the traction control not supposed to keep the wheelspin in check?

>Company seems to have deliberately lowered the psi to 29 to enhance comfort

Last edited by ecosport rules : 15th February 2017 at 07:54.
ecosport rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2017, 13:27   #99
Senior - BHPian
 
cool_dube's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,157
Thanked: 345 Times
Default Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Didn't mean it that way,I stand corrected.
I was surprised that a Safari could offer a ride quality closer to the Fortuner or Endeavour
Both Fortuner and Endeavor do not come even close to Safari in terms of ride quality! As for other features, I am sure you'd agree with me that it is not fair to compare a vehicle to another which costs 3 times as much
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2017, 19:08   #100
Senior - BHPian
 
ecosport rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,073
Thanked: 1,337 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Default Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Both Fortuner and Endeavor do not come even close to Safari in terms of ride quality!

Good to know,are you talking about ride quality comparison between the latest Fortuner vs New Endeavour vs Safari?
ecosport rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2017, 11:22   #101
BHPian
 
Deepu Sharma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Meerut
Posts: 60
Thanked: 74 Times
Default Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Both Fortuner and Endeavor do not come even close to Safari in terms of ride quality! As for other features, I am sure you'd agree with me that it is not fair to compare a vehicle to another which costs 3 times as much
having driven all three and owned both endeavour ( current) and Safari i differ The Endeavour is more composed in ride quality and has far better driving manners than both the Safari and the Fortuner here new gen. Yes the Safari has an awesome ride quality but still no Competition to the current gen endy.
Deepu Sharma is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2017, 11:51   #102
Senior - BHPian
 
n.devdath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,830
Thanked: 1,437 Times
Default Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Both Fortuner and Endeavor do not come even close to Safari in terms of ride quality!
Completely agreed.
The Storme comes out trumps by a huge margin vis-a-vis the Fortuner and by a fair margin vis-a-vis the new Endy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Good to know,are you talking about ride quality comparison between the latest Fortuner vs New Endeavour vs Safari?
I would assume so, and he is right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepu Sharma View Post
The Endeavour is more composed in ride quality and has far better driving manners than both the Safari and the Fortuner here new gen. Yes the Safari has an awesome ride quality but still no Competition to the current gen endy.
Driving manners and ride quality are 2 different aspects. My take is as under:

Driving manners: - Endy>Storme Varicor 400>Fortuner.

Ride Quality: - Storme Varicor 400>Endy>Fortuner.

PS: I've driven all of them in excess of 500km each over all kinds of terrain/trail conditions.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2017, 14:56   #103
BHPian
 
ragh_bhushan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Bombay
Posts: 121
Thanked: 344 Times
Default Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrot_eater View Post
Thank you for the Awesome review. I visited the showroom today to check out the vehicle.
About the service interval, I was told there is a service at 1K and 5K for the first two times and thereafter every 10K or 1 year whichever is the earlier.

I was wondering if I was given wrong information by the Sales guy or this needs to be edited in the review.

Cheers
Carrot
I am afraid you have been given false information. While first 3 free service are at 1K, 5K and 10K, thereafter the service interval is every 5K or 6 months whichever is earlier. The 5K service is only for regular checkup and no parts are replaced unless required. The 10K service will have the oil change, oil filter change, tyre rotation, propeller shaft greasing etc.
ragh_bhushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2017, 16:20   #104
BHPian
 
LionX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Cochin / Bangalore
Posts: 500
Thanked: 510 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Completely agreed.
The Storme comes out trumps by a huge margin vis-a-vis the Fortuner and by a fair margin vis-a-vis the new Endy.
Are you talking about the new Fortuner or the old one ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Both Fortuner and Endeavor do not come even close to Safari in terms of ride quality! As for other features, I am sure you'd agree with me that it is not fair to compare a vehicle to another which costs 3 times as much
I would like to disagree. Ride quality on Endeavor is better than Safari. I would say new Fortuner is as good as Safari too.

Last edited by Zappo : 16th February 2017 at 17:45. Reason: Consecutive posts merged.
LionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2017, 16:26   #105
Senior - BHPian
 
n.devdath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,830
Thanked: 1,437 Times
Default Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
Are you talking about the new Fortuner or the old one ?
The new ones, both the Endy & the Fortuner, and I know you disagree.

To further corroborate my point, take a ride in any of them in the middle seat of the middle row, you should get a drift of what I am saying.
n.devdath is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Toyota Innova vs Toyota Fortuner - For a Family MAS SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 115 15th November 2016 23:03
Toyota Fortuner vs Upcoming Face-Lifted Toyota Fortuner dkaile SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 45 12th August 2011 22:20


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 18:47.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks