Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2017, 09:40   #121
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 19
Thanked: 19 Times
Default Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
The SFX, that is in a different league and the best till date.
Can someone shed some light on how does the ride quality compare to Camry Hybrid or Corolla?

Last week, out of sheer frustration I walked in to BMW and then Audi. The amount of space present in GT as well as the 5-series is a downer. These are just 4 seaters. The central hump is so large it makes the middle row a torture place. It is the same for Q5. So, you will end up paying 2x the price of these cars in international market, for less space and comfort.

Looks like the Camry Hybrid is the only sensible replacement for a Corolla. Not sure whether I should love Toyota or hate them .
anupgangwar is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2017, 10:06   #122
Senior - BHPian
 
n.devdath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,831
Thanked: 1,437 Times
Default Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupgangwar View Post
Looks like the Camry Hybrid is the only sensible replacement for a Corolla. Not sure whether I should love Toyota or hate them .
The Camry is definitely a sofa on wheels and is spacious too, compared to the cars you've mentioned.

I feel you must take a look at the Superb too. A great, spacious car which is also fun to drive, unlike the Camry.

If I were you, I'd also look at the CR-V and the Santa Fe since you do not need an SUV per se but a well made, spacious 5 seater.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2017, 01:36   #123
Senior - BHPian
 
ecosport rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,073
Thanked: 1,337 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Default Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
The Camry is definitely a sofa on wheels and is spacious too, compared to the cars you've mentioned.

I feel you must take a look at the Superb too. A great, spacious car which is also fun to drive, unlike the Camry.

If I were you, I'd also look at the CR-V and the Santa Fe since you do not need an SUV per se but a well made, spacious 5 seater.
Agree with you
Both CR-V and Santa Fe are brilliant crossovers.

The Honda's 2.4 litre petrol is quite fuel efficient too
7-9 KMPL in city
10 KMPL on the highway
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2017, 15:32   #124
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 38
Thanked: 41 Times
Default Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupgangwar View Post
Can someone shed some light on how does the ride quality compare to Camry Hybrid or Corolla?
Hi,

I was in the same boat, upgrading from my 2010 Corolla Altis. Last week after long drawn mind heart battle, I went head and took the delivery of Endeavour. The ride quality is comparable to Corolla, handling is very car like and actually better than Corolla. Even the interior are nice beige colour like Corolla.

Now you will have to probably give up on famed Toyota reliability but I mind its worth the trade off.
nrahul is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2017, 13:16   #125
MAS
Senior - BHPian
 
MAS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,816
Thanked: 1,192 Times
Default Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

Guys,

Could any of you tell me if your RC Book/Card has "Fortuner" mentioned in it. Mine just says "Toyota" and "MUV"
MAS is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2017, 10:38   #126
BHPian
 
dean5545's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: mumbai
Posts: 658
Thanked: 772 Times
Default Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

Hi all,
Just back from a 2500km road trip from Mumbai to Jaisalmer and back.
There were 2 Fortuners one 4x4 Auto and one 4x4 Manual(mine).
The Fortuner performed as expected, took it dune bashing at the Sam deserts.
Did very mild dune bashing as I had my parents along and didn't want to get stuck with them in company. If that would happen I would be questioned every time I go for an OTR event.
The headlights are simply amazing. Did 350km worth of dual carriage road driving in the dark with no lights whatsoever. Could keep decent pace too.

The car consumed total 233 ltrs of diesel for 2497km. Which is approximately 11kmpl this includes city sightseeing as well as idling time too and there is alot of diesel left in the tank.

Now some pics.
Mumbai-Jaisalmer 1058km and 16 hours
Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-img_6437.jpg

Outside the Fort
Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-img_6513.jpg
At the Desert bashing the dunes
Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-img_6574.jpg
Some photos with the windmill
Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-img_6524.jpg

Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-img_6572.jpg

Random:
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-img_6439.jpg  

Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-img_6571.jpg  

dean5545 is online now   (16) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2017, 21:00   #127
BHPian
 
nvldvr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 374
Thanked: 212 Times
Default

Took a test drive of the 2.8 4x4 AT variant today. The ride quality was quite impressive. I have not been inside the previous generation fortuner, but this one's suspension was soaking up the bumps quite well. Found the ride to be at least at par, if not better than the new Endeavour.
nvldvr is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2017, 00:17   #128
Senior - BHPian
 
ecosport rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,073
Thanked: 1,337 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Default Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Guys,

Could any of you tell me if your RC Book/Card has "Fortuner" mentioned in it. Mine just says "Toyota" and "MUV"
Interesting find,let me check with others

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
Hi all,
Just back from a 2500km road trip from Mumbai to Jaisalmer and back.
There were 2 Fortuners one 4x4 Auto and one 4x4 Manual(mine).
The Fortuner performed as expected, took it dune bashing at the Sam deserts.
Did very mild dune bashing as I had my parents along and didn't want to get stuck with them in company. If that would happen I would be questioned every time I go for an OTR event.
The headlights are simply amazing. Did 350km worth of dual carriage road driving in the dark with no lights whatsoever. Could keep decent pace too.

The car consumed total 233 ltrs of diesel for 2497km. Which is approximately 11kmpl this includes city sightseeing as well as idling time too and there is alot of diesel left in the tank.
Awesome Dean5545
The best pictures of the Fortuner so far especially the one in the desert ,dune bashing and of course the one with the windmill .

What was the fuel economy figure of the automatic, in comparision to your manual?

Waiting for your initial ownership review

Last edited by ecosport rules : 27th February 2017 at 00:22.
ecosport rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2017, 08:44   #129
BHPian
 
dean5545's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: mumbai
Posts: 658
Thanked: 772 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post

What was the fuel economy figure of the automatic, in comparision to your manual?

Waiting for your initial ownership review

Thanks for the kind words.

My friends trip was 3223km as he also did Vadodara, Udaipur and Jodhpur. He said he was getting anywhere between 8.5-10kmpl. But his driving style is a bit different i.e. He drives with a heavy foot.

I don't think will be able to compile a review soon. I am bit tied up with work. So will keep posting updates on this thread itself.
dean5545 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2017, 10:54   #130
Senior - BHPian
 
ecosport rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,073
Thanked: 1,337 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Default Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
Thanks for the kind words.

My friends trip was 3223km as he also did Vadodara, Udaipur and Jodhpur. He said he was getting anywhere between 8.5-10kmpl. But his driving style is a bit different i.e. He drives with a heavy foot.

I don't think will be able to compile a review soon. I am bit tied up with work. So will keep posting updates on this thread itself.
Thanks for the updates.
The picture with the windmill in the background is still lingering in my mind.

8 to 10 Kmpl for a heavy foot seems reasonable for an automatic.
ecosport rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2017, 08:25   #131
BHPian
 
pjegadeesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Rajapalayam
Posts: 88
Thanked: 53 Times
Default Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

My car 4*4 AT pearl white has arrived the dealership yesterday and they promised to deliver the vehicle on Monday 6th but i decided to take delivery on Thursday 9th March for auspicious reasons. Full payment done, paid extra Rs. 1 Lakh by mistake forgetting the advance i paid to them, the dealership promised to give it back on Monday.

The SA insisted on Toyota protect Insurance package as it had several advantages over other insurances, i went to the dealership on 2nd to finalise the accessaries list and arrive on the final settlement to be made. The Toyota protect insurance with RTI with 50% NCB is Rs. 77,570/- which is Rs. 20,000 more than the other insurance company's offer for bumper to bumper zero depreciation policy, but decided to take the Toyota protect for peace of mind.

Accessaries list was finalised as follows,
1) Full Floor vinyl mat
2) CR 70 Film but not on windshield
3) Hella Horn
4) External paint protection
5) Front fender Mirror
6) Rear Bumper step guard
7) Under carriage paint
8) Muffler cutter
9) Under seat lights.

I am not a fan of chrome so decided to avoid it completely, front and rear undercarriage plastic i thought is of no use and it just gives a cosmetic look so i felt it's not worth spending money for it. Only other accessary to be purchased outside is 3d Mats. The price of accessaries is definitely higher in the dealership for example Rs. 18,500/- verses Rs. 17,000/- for sun film CR-70. But decided to get it done at one place as i am from a small town. Scuff plates was good but felt it was more cosmetic.

Last edited by pjegadeesh : 4th March 2017 at 08:39. Reason: Left out
pjegadeesh is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2017, 09:11   #132
Senior - BHPian
 
Ym-enjn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Jaipur
Posts: 1,039
Thanked: 54 Times
Default

Congrats pjegadeesh, you can't go wrong with a Toyota. I'm sure in long term the vehicle will age better than any other suv. Wish you lots of happy miles. Do post pics when you get the beast..
Ym-enjn is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2017, 14:38   #133
BHPian
 
pjegadeesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Rajapalayam
Posts: 88
Thanked: 53 Times
Default Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

Today included the auto folding option when the vehicle is locked, I felt the mirror with the glass indicators is vulnerable by 2 wheelers if left open.
pjegadeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2017, 15:19   #134
BHPian
 
dean5545's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: mumbai
Posts: 658
Thanked: 772 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjegadeesh View Post
Today included the auto folding option when the vehicle is locked, I felt the mirror with the glass indicators is vulnerable by 2 wheelers if left open.

How much for the auto-folding mirror option?
dean5545 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2017, 01:09   #135
Senior - BHPian
 
ecosport rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,073
Thanked: 1,337 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Default Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjegadeesh View Post
Today included the auto folding option when the vehicle is locked, I felt the mirror with the glass indicators is vulnerable by 2 wheelers if left open.
Few questions regarding the auto fold function

*Does it open and close each time you lock and unlock the car?
*Is there an option to disable autofold function when not needed?The new Honda city has that option
ecosport rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Toyota Innova vs Toyota Fortuner - For a Family MAS SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 115 15th November 2016 23:03
Toyota Fortuner vs Upcoming Face-Lifted Toyota Fortuner dkaile SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 45 12th August 2011 22:20


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:25.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks