Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 5th December 2017, 14:34   #196
BHPian

Default Re: Maruti Baleno RS : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaji View Post
I have booked a Baleno RS a little while ago and apparently the car has been dispatched.

A conversation with a colleague regarding the introduction of BS VI fuel in Delhi and later all over India has led to some worries. Wondering if it is the right time to buy a vehicle.

There seem to be doubts about the effect of BS VI norm fuel on BS IV cars. I have not found much information but it seems diesel cars will be more affected. I am also wondering whether the boosterjet engine will be better equipped for the new fuel because it is there on European cars and European fuel standards will be more like BS VI. Am I right thinking on these lines? Or am I just consoling myself?
The engine in the RS has been detuned from the international version in order to cope with the low quality of fuel in India. So, with the BS VI fuel the engine will actually be getting the quality of fuel it was designed for. There is absolutely nothing to worry about and I would say it is a great time to get the car! For turbo petrol cars the quality of fuel does make a difference and the move to BS IV is a welcome move indeed.
ROG_AK is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote