Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 30th January 2018, 21:08   #211
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Maruti Baleno RS : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
What I didn't like was the alloy pattern and colour
You can go for other better options: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4322064 (Maruti Baleno : Official Review)
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2018, 21:23   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
I am not seriously considering the Baleno RS. My main purpose of the visit to the showroom was for the Child Seat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Someone has shared pics of Baleno with MGA diamond cut alloys,
They had these in the showroom but only in 14".

Last edited by pedrolourenco : 30th January 2018 at 21:25.
pedrolourenco is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2018, 21:31   #213
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
They had these in the showroom but only in 14".
I don't think this design is available in 14 inches. Moreover why will they display 14 inches in a NEXA showroom when none of their cars have 14 inch wheels??

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2018, 16:50   #214
BHPian

Went for a short outstation trip to Bharatpur and Fatehpur Sikri and got the first taste of highway drive with the Baleno RS. I drove in a variety of conditions with 4 passengers and their weekend luggage in the boot.

On the extremely foggy morning of 26th January, took the NH2 to Mathura to be on the safe side. One keeps hearing of accidents on Yamuna Expressway due to fog. NH2 unfortunately is in a bad condition due to numerous flyovers being constructed. Diversions are narrow and crowded. Road from Mathura to Bharatpur is another big pain with multiple speedbreakers every few kilometers. Each of these speed breakers is actually multiple with the middle one rising high and sharp. Road otherwise also is badly patched. Brief drive (25 kms) from Bharatpur to Fatehpur Sikri is smooth 4-lane Jaipur-Agra highway. On the way back we took the Yamuna Expressway from Mathura to Delhi.

Just out of the run-in period, drove mostly between 2000 to 3500 rpm and one has to say that you have the power whenever you need it. You can accelerate whenever you have to. Nothing explosive, but brisk enough. What is also true is that, at least in the Indian tune, it is not a high revving engine. Beyond 4000 rpm it is too boomy in the cabin.

The ride is a little sedan-like and it handled the imperfect roads reasonably well. Brakes are confidence inspiring and with good feel. OEM tyres Apollo Alnac 4G are pretty good actually especially for handling bad roads. And they were not too noisy even on the normally noisy road surface of Yamuna Expressway.

I was having problems earlier in the crawling traffic because of confusion between 1st and 2nd gears, and the shift used to be jerky sometimes. I have got it under control now. Actually, the 2nd gear can go to quite low speeds when crawling.

On the advice of a friend I had filled Speed petrol before I went on the trip. I am back to normal petrol now and will stick to it. Mileage of the trip was 17 kmpl. AC used 25% of the time. In the city I have been getting 16.75 kmpl or so with 10% AC usage. Car has has just completed 2K kms.

My family enjoys the space at the rear. As the one who is driving the car always, I am enjoying it. So the RS is not doing too badly for my needs, at least for now.
jhaji is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2018, 16:54   #215
Distinguished - BHPian

BHPian Prodigy07 drops a PM:

I thought of replying in public since it will help a larger audience.

Quote:
Hi Shashi,

When I went for the A/C noise issue last weekend, the SA advised me to use MGA rubber door protectors (Rs 3/-) for all the 4 doors.

He has fixed them on my vehicle currently.

I remember you mentioning in some thread that those protectors damage the paint? Could you please point me to that thread?

Also, let me know whats the best solution for door protectors? I dont like those thick strips that they fix at the bottom of the doors.

Something like iPop can be used?

Please help
iPop is fine, does the job. But personally speaking I am not a big fan of extra brandings on my cars, and hence I like to keep things simple. If you ask me, I'd get the MGA ones which come in both transparent and black. They are much more subtle and protect the doors just as fine.

Attaching pics:

Name:  990j0m67lpa010marutigenuineaccessoriesoriginalimaebzs4gcr8ypzh.jpeg
Views: 569
Size:  31.0 KB

Name:  990j0m67lpa010marutigenuineaccessoriesoriginalimaebzs4uwfwbvcy.jpeg
Views: 574
Size:  69.9 KB

Part No: 990J0M67LPA-010
Name: DOOR EDGE GUARD (BLACK)ALL
Price: Rs. 149

Maruti Baleno RS : Official Review-img20170827wa0003.jpg

Part No: 990J0M67LPA-020