Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 10th August 2017, 19:07   #211
BHPian

Default Re: Maruti Ignis : Official Review

I am out in the market for an automatic. Have test driven both Ignis and Baleno, found Baleno to be better in terms of handling but Ignis was comfortable to sit for the passengers.
Abeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2017, 19:58   #212
BHPian

Unless you have tight budget, the Baleno CVT should be your choice.

Ignis is good, but isn't as rounded as Baleno. If you're looking at Diesel Auto, then obviously the Baleno is ruled out.
CarguyNish is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2017, 17:22   #213
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-img20170812wa0018.jpg

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-img20170812wa0023.jpg

Guys, has Maruti added this chrome strip as an OEM fitment, or has the dealer added it?? I found this in all new Ignis, except the base Sigma trim. Also, it wasn't billed in the accessories list. Can anyone confirm??

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 12th August 2017 at 17:23.
Leoshashi is online now   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2017, 12:18   #214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Attachment 1665955

Attachment 1665956

Guys, has Maruti added this chrome strip as an OEM fitment, or has the dealer added it?? I found this in all new Ignis, except the base Sigma trim. Also, it wasn't billed in the accessories list. Can anyone confirm??

Regards,
Shashi
Both chrome strips are dealer fitted add-ons. Also, the one at the base of the windshield is added by them by default as part of a 'NEXA Accessories Kit' that costs around 21k total (around 5k separately). IMO, both chrome strips look extremely tacky and the upper one makes that bootlid jut out even further so we didn't opt for it. Better off going for a spoiler at the top that costs 6k (not a part of the aforementioned accessories kit).
kpower11 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2017, 14:06   #215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpower11 View Post
Both chrome strips are dealer fitted add-ons. Also, the one at the base of the windshield is added by them by default as part of a 'NEXA Accessories Kit' that costs around 21k total (around 5k separately). IMO, both chrome strips look extremely tacky and the upper one makes that bootlid jut out even further so we didn't opt for it. Better off going for a spoiler at the top that costs 6k (not a part of the aforementioned accessories kit).
Thanks for your reply. I did check all Ignis standing in their yard, saw this chrome strip(on the bumper) in all the cars, except the base Sigma Trim. Hence got confused. Secondly, we were not billed for it. The dealer representatives said that they haven't added anything and this is how the cars are coming.

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 13th August 2017 at 14:23.
Leoshashi is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2017, 14:57   #216

I'm looking for an upgrade to my Nano XTA. Confused between Tiago XZA / XTA, Ignis Delta / Zeta trim and Ford Figo AT. Rules out i10 AT due to unavailability of ABS.
Ford dealer has promised me for some unbeatable price, though I'm not expecting much. Going for TD on this weekend. Till now, driven Ignis Zeta AMT and Tiago XZA. Ignis looks more refined but Tiago is feature packed. My experience with Concorde Motors, Pune is good, adding to more confusion, whether to go for Tata again or try Maruti / Ford.
Any suggestions?

- Hemant
Belorkar is offline   Reply With Quote