Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 10th November 2017, 16:47   #181
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)
Default Re: Maruti Dzire : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by petroguzzler View Post
Does Maruti have any plan of launching the diesel Dzire with a proper torque converter automatic? Any inputs?
Better still give it the CVT you get in the Baleno. I'd really like that, even if it bumps cost a little will be a lot more reliable than the AMT.
Durango Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2017, 17:41   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjosephjacob View Post
Guys, is it just me or is the rear seat headroom in Dzire non existent for a 180cm frame ?
I happened to check out a ready to deliver Dzire with art leather seat covers, and to my surprise I find that unless I make compromises in my sitting posture, I cannot rest my head on the head rests.
None of the sedans under 10 lakh bracket will provide comfortable seating for 6 foot plus occupants in the back seat. Maybe the Ciaz, but I haven't checked that out. For a small city car Wagon R is excellent. The Ertiga or TUV 300 is what you should look at, for a tall passenger in the back.

Somebody correct me if there are other options.

Last edited by Samurai : 12th November 2017 at 18:16. Reason: typo
drsingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2017, 11:23   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Hooks to lock the floor mat in place only on the driver's side. Warning label in English as well as Hindi:
Where does the hooks lock? I don't have any holes or anything where the hooks will attach.

Please help as the mat keeps slipping
ant_vas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2017, 11:35   #184

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsingh View Post
None of the sedans under 10 lakh bracket will provide comfortable seating for 6 foot plus occupants in the back seat. Maybe the Ciaz, but I haven't checked that out. For a small city car Wagon R is excellent. The Ertiga or TUV 300 is what you should look at, for a tall passengers in the back.

Somebody correct me if there are other options.
Honda BR-V as well (with the adjustable second row seats), albeit it costs a wee bit more than 10 lakhs on road .
nikipedia87 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2017, 13:20   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
You can buy proper ATs (e.g. torque-converter or DCT) for the same $$$ as the Dzire AMT
I'm seriously considering to purchase this car (AMT VXi/ZXi) for my father. He prefers an automatic and petrol, as vehicle use will be limited (~500-1000 Kms/month)

Could you shed some light as to why you made the above statement? Is AMT tech on Dzire not good (i.e. prone to faults or complaints) and could you suggest the other ATs you had in mind?

Thanks in advance!
jesj is offline   Reply With Quote