Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 10th February 2018, 21:04   #121
BHPian

I did not consider the Kodiaq for two reasons, I was looking for something more compact and secondly it is completely out of my budget. I had to stretch my budget for the Tiguan comfortline. Regarding the infotainment system, they have made the screen larger and the buttons next to the screen are capacitive touch buttons similar to the Octavia. I tried to upload a picture, but am getting a security error.
shaktisarangi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2018, 08:34   #122
BHPian

Default Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaktisarangi View Post
I booked my Tungsten Silver Comfortline on 2nd Feb at Volkswagen Mumbai North. The car has arrived at the stockyard and I will be taking delivery next week, post registration formalities. I was lucky to get a VIN 2018 model which has an updated infotainment system with a slightly larger screen. My experience with dealership has been smooth so far barring some confusion around the finance process. I will update on my experience with the car once I take delivery. I am hoping will be as good as my Yeti.
Congratulations! Have seen a few Tiguan's on the road and they really look very classy. The symmetry of the SUV is perfect with smooth lines. The interiors also look classy typical German. Draws a vey close parallel to the Audi Q3 in terms of looks, features and design. I had recently seen both, the Audi Q3 & the Tiguan and hence can compare at a high level.

Do post pictures of both exteriors & interiors.
geotracks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2018, 21:16   #123
BHPian

I took delivery of the my Tiguan today. The delivery experience was a delight at Volkswagen Mumbai North. They were all set with confetti cake and champagne. The sales manager Mr Santosh paid personal attention to everything and ensured that it felt like taking delivery of a premium car.
shaktisarangi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2018, 23:04   #124
BHPian

Here is an update post my first 5 days with the Tiguan. I have covered 500 kms over the last 5 days and since car is still in the running in period, it has mostly been eco mode all the way.

Here is what I like
  1. Beautifully built, and spacious cabin with very comfortable seats
  2. Feels solidly built, with good NVH levels and has a good ride
  3. Excellent fuel economy. I am getting 13 to 14 km/liter on my office commute which is 32 kms one way
  4. Easy to drive with excellent all round visibility, a smooth and responsive DSG gearbox and light steering

What I don't like
  1. The ride though mostly comfortable can be a tad firm over sharp potholes ( I wish VW had given adaptive dampers)
  2. My Comfortline variant comes with skinnier 215/65 section types which make the vehicle slightly less agile than the Highline variant I tested ( ride is better though)
  3. Lack of keyless entry and reverse camera on a 30 lac plus car is really annoying. I have colleagues who have this on a Grand i10
On the whole I am very happy with it and am looking forward to exploring the car further on long trips including some spirited driving and off road bits.

Last edited by ampere : 25th February 2018 at 23:22. Reason: Formatted for readability
shaktisarangi is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2018, 19:51   #125
BHPian

Default Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

@shaktisarangi, Congratulations on purchase of Tiguan Comfortline variant.

1. You are in running period. However, did you get a chance to check stability of the vehicle with 215/65 tyres at high speeds say > 120 kmph? Hope there are no issues.

2. How is the performance of LED headlights both low beam & high Beam, especially in highways? If possible, can you post a photo to see the spread of headlight (low and high beam) in dark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaktisarangi View Post
Lack of keyless entry and reverse camera on a 30 lac plus car is really annoying.
BU Bhandari (Pune) was ready to fit a reverse camera (original VW) with view in the dashboard (same as Highline variant) for a price of Rs 15000/-.
Simhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2018, 10:03   #126
BHPian

@Simhi I have been traveling out of town and hence yet to complete the running in period. However my experience so far suggests that straight line stability is not a problem at all, but it does roll more and runs out of grip faster than the Highline variant. In hindsight a tyre upgrade to 235 section is recommended.

The low beam is very good in terms of throw and spread. The high beam is good but I would have liked more throw.

The car has sophisticated electronics and I don't want the dealer messing about with the electrical system hence did not fit the reverse camera though the dealer offered it.
shaktisarangi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2018, 13:33   #127
BHPian

Update on my experience with the Tiguan :
I have slowly fallen in love with the car. My initial feelings were mixed, as I really missed my Yeti, but the Tiguan has slowly made a special place for itself. It is more grown up in every way over the Yeti, and is apt for my current requirements. I love the fact that while it seems like a regular car (in a business suit), it has the ability to handle like a sedan and manage the rough stuff with equal ease. This understated quality is what really defines the Tiguan.
I have now completed 2500 kms with a couple of weekend drives thrown in. It has performed admirably, swallowing 4 people and their luggage with ease and delivering them to their destination in supreme comfort.
My initial concerns about the ride quality were addressed once I corrected the tyre pressures. They were insanely high at 45 psi. I believe the dealer did not correct the tyre pressure at time of delivery. Tyres are over inflated when car is in transit from factory and dealer is supposed to correct it during PDI process. Thanks to the tyre pressure monitoring system, I discovered this and corrected the pressure to 33 psi. Post this change the ride and handling has been impeccable.
The life time FE as per the car's MID is 12.5 kmpl which is staggering considering I commute from Thane to BKC daily.!
The experience in sports mode is addictive, though one does pine for a few more horses under the hood, I wish VW had given us the 177 PS engine. Body roll is minimal and the steering weighs up beautifully making it a joy to drive. I love using the paddle shifters on a good patch of twisting road. The shift response is very quick and you feel in control.
So far my experience has been very positive and I look forward to many years of happy driving.
shaktisarangi is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote