Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2018, 23:48   #556
BHPian
 
Moto$apien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 89
Thanked: 422 Times
Smile Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Back in Oct17, the TBhp Official Review had this 'broad and black...' in it.

Can you check if this difference is because of the petrol/diesel ones, or some other error in assembly line? Or a genuine part # upgrade?

Attachment 1713460
Yup, i can confirm that its a diesel / petrol thing.

The exhaust end can & pipe is black coated in petrol Nexons and shiny steel in the diesel ones.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-nexon-pd.jpg

It is the only way to know which engine the Nexon carries, as there are no external badges to depict the same!

Should have some functional reason, but doesn't matter as the diesel's chrome bit will also get black 'soot' coated in a few drives.

Last edited by Moto$apien : 8th January 2018 at 23:51.
Moto$apien is offline   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2018, 03:49   #557
BHPian
 
Sebring's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Dubai
Posts: 595
Thanked: 1,040 Times
Default Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Nexon owners already know this long piece of plastic on the bonnet is tough to maintain. It's a dust magnet and gets discoloured really fast. Was consuming a lot of Meguiar's plastic trim polish, so used a very cost effective desi fix - Plastic shiner from Anjali Chem (Disclaimer: The company has got a fair amount of beating on our forum elsewhere, and some even call it a scam Company, but it's doing the job with the shine holding for two weeks now. Not endorsing it any way - so please dont beat me up). I think it was Rs. 280 at BP petrol pump, on old airport road Bangalore - and should suffice for the time being
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_2137.jpg  


Last edited by Sebring : 11th January 2018 at 03:58. Reason: Added a disclaimer
Sebring is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2018, 10:37   #558
BHPian
 
teemus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Pune
Posts: 383
Thanked: 501 Times
Default Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
I was very happy to see this in the beginning of this review

But when I went to see a Nexon XM and XT in the Tata Motors service centre near my place sometime back, I could not find this feature in any model (by feature I mean the markings indicating points to fix ISOFIX Child Seat as shown in the image attached).
The 2 white stickers on the seat back indicate location of ISOFIX mounts. Try pushing your fingers between the seat cushion (gap between seat back and seat) you should have the mounts there.
teemus is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2018, 10:39   #559
BHPian
 
Enobarbus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 198
Thanked: 581 Times
Default Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Nexon owners already know this long piece of plastic on the bonnet is tough to maintain.
I have been using motomax products for the last four years. The motomax dash board polish does an excellent job on all external black plastic trim. The shine is retained for two weeks after every application. A 100 ml bottle retails for about 100 rupees and lasts for about 25 to 30 applications.

Last edited by Enobarbus : 11th January 2018 at 10:41.
Enobarbus is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2018, 10:43   #560
BHPian
 
AdityaDeane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Dehradun
Posts: 135
Thanked: 187 Times
Default Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Thank you "Dheepak10" and "teemus" for your valuable feedback, I understand that the tethering/anchoring points may be hidden between the seat back and base, but these stickers are what I was looking for in the vehicle and could not find them. It being someone else's vehicle, I did not want to probe in to clarify my doubt, maybe on my next visit to the Service Centre, I will find out about it in lower models to see with my own eyes. As far as I know, ISOFIX Child Seat Mounts are visually very prominent in Maruti and Toyota vehicles.
AdityaDeane is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2018, 16:53   #561
BHPian
 
Syed Monis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Srinagar
Posts: 81
Thanked: 95 Times
Default Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Guys i have been following Nexon thread since the day reviews came out. I am planning to buy a Nexon petrol version top model but i am in a fix which color to choose. I checked all its colors barring Red dual tone. Can someone suggest which color is the best to buy. Personally i didn't like white and silver colors as it made the car look small and too plane. Grey looks good but its a dirt magnet considering the dark shade.

Also i feel grey color just hides those SUV styling elements like black body cladding on the sides as well as the black plastic body on its fog lamps and rear bumper. White color strip at the rear becomes too prominent on grey and ideally a grey coloured strip just like on calgary white would had kept a better balance in colors. The sloping roofline is more prominent looking on blue and red colors so can anybody suggest which is a best color for Nexon. I have to book the car in a week so would like some valuable suggestions. Personally i liked Grey as well as red dual tone colors.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 14th January 2018 at 13:47. Reason: Please use a space after each full stop/period. Improves readability.
Syed Monis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2018, 18:14   #562
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: noida
Posts: 219
Thanked: 183 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed Monis View Post
Guys i have been following Nexon thread since the day reviews came out. I am planning to buy a Nexon petrol version top model but i am in a fix which color to choose. I checked all its colors barring Red dual tone. Can someone suggest which color is the best to buy. Personally i didn't like white and silver colors as it made the car look small and too plane. Grey looks good but its a dirt magnet considering the dark shade.

Also i feel grey color just hides those SUV styling elements like black body cladding on the sides as well as the black plastic body on its fog lamps and rear bumper. White color strip at the rear becomes too prominent on grey and ideally a grey coloured strip just like on calgary white would had kept a better balance in colors. The sloping roofline is more prominent looking on blue and red colors so can anybody suggest which is a best color for Nexon. I have to book the car in a week so would like some valuable suggestions. Personally i liked Grey as well as red dual tone colors.
Considering you haven't mentioned the blue shade enough and it being the advertisement and media cars shade along with red.Also I have personally seen the blue Maximum on road, would whole heartedly recommend it.

It accentuates the concept car looks and also brings out all details like the ceramic white strips.Just go for regular cleaning and yearly detailing and that color is magical, Tata has good pain t quality usually.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 14th January 2018 at 13:48. Reason: Quoted post edited.
dhruvritzed is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2018, 19:08   #563
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 576
Thanked: 1,041 Times
Infractions: 0/2 (16)
Default

Either red or blue. But please go for dual tone as this gives it a much more appealing look!
abhi7013 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2018, 19:47   #564
Senior - BHPian
 
scopriobharath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,611
Thanked: 1,259 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed Monis View Post
sloping roofline is more prominent looking on blue and red colors so can anybody suggest which is a best color for Nexon.I have to book the car in a week so would like some valuable suggestions.Personally i liked Grey as well as red dual tone colors...
I personally am booking blue dual tone next week. That color suits best. Red would have best if the red was that Audi or Volkswagen red. There is a light maroon ish tinge to the nexon red. A periodically and well-detailed blue colour should glitter for ages.

From a family perspective my wife and my 5 year old son chose blue on the spot over red and grey.

Last edited by scopriobharath : 13th January 2018 at 19:49.
scopriobharath is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2018, 20:30   #565
BHPian
 
tushky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Pune/ Thermopolis
Posts: 977
Thanked: 794 Times
Default Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post

1. The ceramic white 'X' insert on tailgate is finished in Grey color now.
There could be 2 possible meanings of this:
a. Test mule has unpainted 'X' insert. But it had glossy finish and was not looking rough / unfinished part.
b. TML might have listened to customers who find this ceramic insert a bit of 'job overdone'.
Attachment 1710767


Attachment 1710768

There is no change in the color of ceramic 'X' insert. The test car is white in color and Tata is already offering White Nexon with Gray ceramic X.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-nexon.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-tatanexonxmrearspyshot.jpg  


Last edited by tushky : 13th January 2018 at 20:35.
tushky is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2018, 23:12   #566
BHPian
 
Syed Monis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Srinagar
Posts: 81
Thanked: 95 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvritzed View Post
Considering you haven't mentioned the blue shade enough and it being the advertisement and media cars shade along with red.Also I have personally seen the blue Maximum on road, would whole heartedly recommend it.
It accentuates the concept car looks and also brings out all details like the ceramic white strips.Just go for regular cleaning and yearly detailing and that color is magical, Tata has good pain t quality usually.
Pardon me i really forgot about the Blue color Nexon. Infact the first Nexon i checked at the showroom when it was launched was a blue nexon single tone. I feel it looks a bit too flashy but yes a dual tone surely looks better. I don't actually want people to say its a bit over the top color so i want to play it a bit safe though I haven't given it a serious thought as yet whether Dual tone blue is really pleasing or not and worth considering. I just am bit too confused and too many thoughts in my mind right now. I need some real help here as i am in a fix...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
There is no change in the color of ceramic 'X' insert. The test car is white in color and Tata is already offering White Nexon with Gray ceramic X.
I really wished Tata used the Ceramic X in grey color on all its Colors which would had toned down its flashy appeal to a greater extent and not put off some potential buyers who look for some subtleness in their cars.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 14th January 2018 at 13:44. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use a space after each full stop/period.
Syed Monis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2018, 11:07   #567
Senior - BHPian
 
scopriobharath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,611
Thanked: 1,259 Times
Default Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed Monis View Post
Pardon me i really forgot about the Blue color Nexon.Infact the first Nexon i checked at the showroom when it was launched was a blue nexon single tone.I feel it looks a bit too flashy but yes a dual tone surely looks better.I don't actually want people to say its a bit over the top color so i want to play it a bit safe though I haven't given it a serious thought as yet weather Dual tone blue is really pleasing or not and worth considering.I just am bit too confused and too many thoughts in my mind right now.I need some real help here as i am in a fix...


I really wished Tata used the Ceramic X in grey color on all its Colors which would had toned down its flashy appeal to a greater extent and not put off some potential buyers who look for some subtleness in their cars.
Dear Syed - I would suggest you to visit your nearest Tata Dealer's yard and look at all the colors in person, as soon as a Nexon container truck arrives at the yard. Look at the colors in sunlight and also do take a family member or a friend with you for unbiased views. Add all the observations and finally book the Nexon
scopriobharath is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2018, 12:07   #568
BHPian
 
0nubhav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 37
Thanked: 26 Times
Default Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Look at the colors in sunlight and also do take a family member or a friend with you for unbiased views. Add all the observations and finally book the Nexon
I'd echo the same as above. You should be fully confident of a colour before you book the vehicle. And unbiased opinion will help. Especially the ones who gonna share the ride with you. All the best.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 14th January 2018 at 12:49. Reason: Fixing broken quote tags.
0nubhav is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2018, 12:45   #569
BHPian
 
Strangerintown's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 204
Thanked: 85 Times
Default Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Dear Syed - I would suggest you to visit your nearest Tata Dealer's yard and look at all the colors in person, as soon as a Nexon container truck arrives at the yard. Look at the colors in sunlight and also do take a family member or a friend with you for unbiased views. Add all the observations and finally book the Nexon
Absolutely! Colours are a very personal choice and what matters is the colour that appeals to you and your family. Every colour in the shade card would be somebody's favourite, which is why the cars are released in multiple colours! If there was one "best" colour, it would make the manufacturers job so much easier as that is all they would produce.

So please see for your self and decide. I personally like both the dual tone red as well as the silver. The red looks hot and sporty while the silver looks matured and somehow makes the Nexon looks larger. Opposite end of the spectrum but that is my preference . Go figure.

Happy selecting.
Strangerintown is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2018, 16:22   #570
BHPian
 
Syed Monis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Srinagar
Posts: 81
Thanked: 95 Times
Default Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

I really wished Tata used the Ceramic X in grey shade on all its Nexon colors like the one on White color,which would had toned down its flashy appeal to a greater extent and not put off some potential buyers who look for some subtleness in their cars. The white strip looks a bit too flashy and prominent for my liking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
There is no change in the color of ceramic 'X' insert. The test car is white in color and Tata is already offering White Nexon with Gray ceramic X.
Syed Monis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs Aditya The Indian Car Scene 2964 16th October 2017 11:10


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:33.

Copyright 2000 - 2018, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks