Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 12th May 2018, 17:36   #181
BHPian

Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Official Review

Bhpians, seriously thinking Verna petrol SX. I need to decide by this month end (finance issues). Only thing holds me back is the mileage it gives.

I am hearing mileage like 8-9 KMPL average in city traffic, is that true? I think, I am comfortable with a minimum of 11 KMPL average. My driving pattern is sedate, 80% in city bumper to bumper traffic (read 2nd and 3rd gear) and once in 3 months a dash to Konkan coast. Please help me with some realistic figure.
PetrolRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2018, 20:03   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
I am hearing mileage like 8-9 KMPL average in city traffic, is that true? I think, I am comfortable with a minimum of 11 KMPL average. My driving pattern is sedate, 80% in city bumper to bumper traffic (read 2nd and 3rd gear) and once in 3 months a dash to Konkan coast. Please help me with some realistic figure.
I have a petrol automatic which is driven a lot in Pune city. Gives me anywhere between 9.5 to 11 in the city. Towards the lower side in real bumper-to-bumper crawl. 14 on the highways. Apologies for not being more accurate as I don't track mileage that closely.

Manual numbers might be slightly different but I don't suspect by much.

Last edited by ranjitnair77 : 12th May 2018 at 20:05.
ranjitnair77 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2018, 15:46   #183
BHPian

Does Hyundai have any norm stipulating that the first time insurance for a new car must be taken from Hyundai itself? A friend of mine is getting his new Verna delivered on 18th and the dealer is insisting that the insurance has to be taken from them and cannot be taken from an insurance provider of our choice.

Drive on,
Shibu
shibujp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2018, 17:46   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
Does Hyundai have any norm stipulating that the first time insurance for a new car must be taken from Hyundai itself?

No, there is no such rule. You are free to get the insurance from anyone you want.
Myth_sx is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2018, 13:12   #185

Hello Folks. Does anyone have an idea on the following three for the New Gen Verna (2107)?

1. Does it have a Tyre Pressure indicator/TPMS? The brochure says so (see image), though I have found absolutely no mention of it anywhere else.

2. Just for interest, can the Headlamps be changed to white LED Headlamps? How much do they cost, and will the changeover violate the warranty/extended warranty?

3. Hyundai has given just an e-Manual for the car, which cannot be used conveniently when you're in the car. Written to Hyundai for a hard copy, but to no avail. Any ideas?

Thanks and best wishes!
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Verna : Official Review-tyre-pressure.jpg  

AjayJohri is offline   Reply With Quote