Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 10th August 2018, 22:11   #571
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Default Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickfox11 View Post
Best Tip Ever!! I guess it should be mentioned somewhere in the VIN thread for Ford vehicles if not there already!
Did it work? Be in contact if you require any more information. If it comes to Ford, I can proudly say that I will have atleast something to say and contribute.
_nitink_ is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2018, 10:36   #572

Quote:
Originally Posted by _nitink_ View Post
Did it work? Be in contact if you require any more information. If it comes to Ford, I can proudly say that I will have atleast something to say and contribute.
Yes it did. And will certainly try to take advantage of your advance knowledge about the manufacturer
quickfox11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2018, 22:02   #573

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickfox11 View Post
Result - Ford Ecosport Titanium+ AT Booked!!
Quickfox11, where did you book? Talera or Dhone? Got any discounts? I visited both last weekend and Dhone is pricier than Talera by about 2k, for the T+ petrol automatic. Neither is giving any discount.

I checked insurance from policy bazaar and getting hdfc zero dep for 7k lesser than quoted by the dealers.

Both dealers are charging 6k for essential kit (mud flaps, mats) the price of which is about 3k on Ford website under the accessories page. Both dealers are also charging 6k more under the "rto/registration charges" column.

I am planning to haggle with the sales guys on these aspects before booking.
heinrici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2018, 23:14   #574
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinrici View Post
Both dealers are charging 6k for essential kit (mud flaps, mats) the price of which is about 3k on Ford website under the accessories page. Both dealers are also charging 6k more under the "rto/registration charges" column.
Yes the essential kit is 6k at almost all dealerahips. Apparently that's how Ford bills them. I ordered them individually as I wanted just the trunk mat and mud flaps.

Well if they are charging around 6k more for RTO, should be fine. They do have to shell out some special processing fees as well.
suku_patel_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2018, 23:57   #575

I have booked at Talera Ford coz its nearer to my place and I wanted a couple of test drives to be sure before the booking. Yes, their prices are around 2K cheaper than Dhone, and Dhone is quoting just whatís mentioned on the website! So I guess Talera has some edge here.

Discounts: I got the 3rd year warranty free as corporate discount. Thatís mentioned 10K(including RSA) in price sheet but the free warranty is without RSA so discount amount will be around 6K.

Insurance: Yes, onlines quotes are less. But while I was talking to HDFC as well as Bajal Allianz in their respective offices here (went for insurance of my another existing vehicle), they quoted me ~29K. So I am planning to go ahead with the dealer.*

RTO & Registration: I donít think its 6K extra. 12% is tax on petrol vehicles above 10lakh ex showroom. Then there is Safety tax of 3K. Add registration charges, smart card fee, fast tag, hypothecation etc and its sums up fairly. I took the breakdown as well as saw the receipts of safety tax and hypothecation to be sure.

Essential Kit: Yes its funny! I have asked them to give it for free.*

*I just booked by paying 10K. I have told them to call me whenever they get any season offer. Since Ganpati festival is on the way I am hoping for some benefits. If I get any along with the free essential kit, I will go ahead with the purchase and take their insurance. If not, still gonna buy but then look into ways to cut some costs!
quickfox11 is online now   Reply With Quote