Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 12th August 2018, 21:29   #136
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Maruti Swift : Official Review

Maruti has just launched ZXi+ AGS/AMT model versions in both petrol and diesel. It is now there on the website. About 47k increase in ex-showroom price over ZXi.

AFAIK, LED projector headlamps and the infotainment system are linked to the ECU/ECM so cannot be easily retrofitted.
sandeep108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2018, 11:27   #137
BHPian

My wife got her new Zxi on Friday. She thanks TBhp for the very useful official review, the 'how to buy a new car' articles, and the awesome PDI checklist, she used them extensively. I got to drive the car around quite a bit over the weekend as she was out of town.

The good: Good pull from each gear. Overall, the car feels quick and nimble. Looks smashing in Midnight Blue. The Red version is also great looking. Design should age well. Good features and little touches on the displays, buttons, etc. Steering wheel is nice. Good music system. Mirrors are usable. Ground clearance is not an issue even with 3 adults and luggage. Very positive dealership experience. Usable boot and space and comfortable seats for 4 adults (though, personally I'd prefer a smaller space and consequently, a car that was smaller at the rear, since most of the time this car will be single-person driven, but obviously that will not be the majority opinion). Compact enough for Bangalore city crawl traffic and gaps. Goes where you point it.

The bad: Steering feels a bit too 'light' and 'floaty'. Very cheap bits in the interior, appalling even, for a car that touches almost 8L on-road. I'm really worried that the glove compartment is going to crack, the rear door handles feel weak, the parcel tray is so terrible, the floor mats are the worst, they're awful! Why Maruti? Why?! The only analogy I can think of right now is buying a great suit, good material, expensive, sharp-fit, beautiful jacket, trousers and shirt, good shoes...and then accessorizing with the worst quality cuff links, tie, belt, socks and pocket square. I mean, why would you do that?!

Last edited by am1m : 13th August 2018 at 11:29.
am1m is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2018, 10:46   #138
Distinguished - BHPian

My Swift ZXi+ has done over 4,000 kms. Mileage is a consistent 15+ inside the city with lots of idling [waiting for kid at school, for wife while shopping].

Has done one long drive [over 1,500 kms] and one of around 600 kms. Glad to say, that still no rattle or squeaks have developed. On highways, the economy was over 20 kmpl.

Ride is better than my erstwhile Ford Figo and for sure better than my 4WD S10. Handling or should I say the chassis composure is right there with the Ford, steering isn't that a delight but is okay.

Bad part is the plastics on door and the fabrics, pretty bad quality. They turn white and it takes effort to restore it. Plastics/trims are of the worst quality. Because I wanted something for local commutes, I didn't have much of an option.

The DRL's and the headlamps make it look premium and the Bosch chrome windtones [as accessory] do their duty nicely.

While I am satisfied, wish Maruti paid a bit more attention to the interior platics and build quality. This is one car which cemented Maruti's position and is iconic for the maker as well as for us.
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote