Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2015, 11:24   #1426
Senior - BHPian
 
speedmiester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 1,220
Thanked: 656 Times
Default Re: Met with an Accident, Need advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
Very sad to report that my Ritzy met with an Accident yesterday evening. Here's how the whole Drama happened:


Please find below Pics taken after the Damage was done.

Any suggestions on how to deal with this will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.
Sad to hear about the accident. Glad that no one got injured.
Since you have zero dep insurance, go ahead and get the car repaired using insurance.
There is no point in waiting for the police to conclude the investigation. It will be a long drawn process.
speedmiester is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2015, 12:12   #1427
BHPian
 
Viju's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Narita
Posts: 805
Thanked: 1,485 Times
Default Re: Met with an Accident, Need advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
Since you have zero dep insurance, go ahead and get the car repaired using insurance. There is no point in waiting for the police to conclude the investigation. It will be a long drawn process.
Completely agree with speedmiester on this.

abhi3284
Really good that you have zero dep cover. Get a copy of the FIR, claim insurance, get the car repaired as per ASS' advice.

These things happen. Move on with your life. Just be grateful that you and your family are safe.
Viju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2015, 15:41   #1428
BHPian
 
Prodigy07's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chennai
Posts: 249
Thanked: 121 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review

Hello All,

What would be the total cost for the 40K service for Ritz VDi? I'm planning to get mine serviced next month.
Prodigy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2015, 19:07   #1429
Distinguished - BHPian
 
a4anurag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 8,378
Thanked: 9,845 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Hello All,

What would be the total cost for the 40K service for Ritz VDi? I'm planning to get mine serviced next month.
Hey, here is the bill for the 40K service in my Swift.

Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-untitled.jpg

Should be similar for the Ritz too.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2015, 10:26   #1430
BHPian
 
BaluJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Cochin
Posts: 45
Thanked: 12 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review

Hi all,

Lately i have noticed the ride on my ritz zxi to be on the firmer side. I maintain a tyre pressure of 31 psi and have stock rubber - JK Vectra

average running of 500 Kms a month(mostly in city) - any pointers to make the ride smoother please
BaluJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2015, 10:34   #1431
Distinguished - BHPian
 
a4anurag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 8,378
Thanked: 9,845 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaluJ View Post
Lately i have noticed the ride on my ritz zxi to be on the firmer side. I maintain a tyre pressure of 31 psi and have stock rubber - JK Vectra
Option 1: Decrease the air pressure by 1psi and see if it helps.

Option 2: Change your tyres to something more comfortable.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2015, 11:10   #1432
BHPian
 
TaurusAl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mumbai - MH 01
Posts: 483
Thanked: 277 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaluJ View Post
Hi all,

Lately i have noticed the ride on my ritz zxi to be on the firmer side. I maintain a tyre pressure of 31 psi and have stock rubber - JK Vectra

average running of 500 Kms a month(mostly in city) - any pointers to make the ride smoother please
How many Kms have you done on stock tires ? JKs last till about 30,000 in good shape. After that best to get them changed.

If your car is over 3 years old, there is also a good chance the tire rubber has hardened causing the uncomfortable ride.

Get your tires checked.
TaurusAl is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2015, 21:22   #1433
BHPian
 
ank.nsit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 358
Thanked: 155 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaluJ View Post
Hi all,

Lately i have noticed the ride on my ritz zxi to be on the firmer side. I maintain a tyre pressure of 31 psi and have stock rubber - JK Vectra

average running of 500 Kms a month(mostly in city) - any pointers to make the ride smoother please
Recommed tyre pressure on zxi variant is 29 psi for all 4 tyres. So just maintain that for better ride quality.
ank.nsit is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2015, 21:39   #1434
BHPian
 
BaluJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Cochin
Posts: 45
Thanked: 12 Times
Smile Re: Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Option 1: Decrease the air pressure by 1psi and see if it helps.

Option 2: Change your tyres to something more comfortable.
Thanks ! will reduce the pressure to see if it makes a difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusAl View Post
How many Kms have you done on stock tires ? JKs last till about 30,000 in good shape. After that best to get them changed.

If your car is over 3 years old, there is also a good chance the tire rubber has hardened causing the uncomfortable ride.

Get your tires checked.
Thanks. My ride is less than an year old - don't think its a case of hard rubber.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
Recommed tyre pressure on zxi variant is 29 psi for all 4 tyres. So just maintain that for better ride quality.
Thank you. Plan to reduce it to 30 at first and see if it makes a difference
BaluJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2015, 21:53   #1435
Team-BHP Support
 
Jaggu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 16,666
Thanked: 5,088 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review

Did you try taking a reading from a different machine, sometimes machines will read wrong and you land up filling more or less. Even the same machine which you were using once serviced can cause such headaches Assuming you are relying on external gauges?
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2015, 12:35   #1436
BHPian
 
Prodigy07's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chennai
Posts: 249
Thanked: 121 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Hey, here is the bill for the 40K service in my Swift.

Should be similar for the Ritz too.
Thanks Anurag. I don't find the brakes very effective. And, the gears don't slot correctly. With these issues, can I expect the bill to shoot up to 9K?
Prodigy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2015, 13:29   #1437
Distinguished - BHPian
 
a4anurag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 8,378
Thanked: 9,845 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Thanks Anurag. I don't find the brakes very effective. And, the gears don't slot correctly. With these issues, can I expect the bill to shoot up to 9K?
What you just said is very surface oriented. One cannot gauge what the costs would be unless one gets down troubleshooting.

Brakes : Could be rectified by simple cleaning or may require pad change.

Gears: Could be synchronizer rings problem or gear linkages issue.

So expect bill to be in 5 digit range if all troubleshooting is done correctly and parts are changed for necessary stuff.

If you don't mind, can you put down your problems so that we can help you prior to the visit to MASS.
a4anurag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2015, 14:25   #1438
BHPian
 
Prodigy07's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chennai
Posts: 249
Thanked: 121 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

If you don't mind, can you put down your problems so that we can help you prior to the visit to MASS.
Hi Anurag,

These are the problems that I'm facing.

Brakes - The pads were changed during the 30K service. The SA mentioned that the disks look worn out and should be changed by 40K service. The car is currently used by my dad. We have driven 5K kms in the last 10 months. The odometer now stands at 35047. Should I get the disks skimmed? Will MSM undertake such work?

Gear/Clutch - The gears don't slot correctly. When I need to upshift from 2nd to 3rd, the gear doesn't to slot at all. I need to bring it 'N' and then move on the 3rd. Also, I feel the clutch has become heavy in the last 2 months.
Prodigy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2015, 15:37   #1439
Distinguished - BHPian
 
a4anurag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 8,378
Thanked: 9,845 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Brakes - The pads were changed during the 30K service. The SA mentioned that the disks look worn out and should be changed by 40K service. The car is currently used by my dad. We have driven 5K kms in the last 10 months. The odometer now stands at 35047. Should I get the disks skimmed? Will MSM undertake such work?

Gear/Clutch - The gears don't slot correctly. When I need to upshift from 2nd to 3rd, the gear doesn't to slot at all. I need to bring it 'N' and then move on the 3rd. Also, I feel the clutch has become heavy in the last 2 months.
Brakes: IF they are damaged then it is good to change them as it will scour the new brake pads that you have installed. See if skimming is a viable option as I haven't done any of such for any of our cars. Yes my bike's disc was damaged so I changed it right away along with new pads to compliment.

Gears/Clutch: I repeat the same as above. Check the synchro rings and linkages. Regarding the heavy clutch get the release bearings checked.
a4anurag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2015, 10:53   #1440
BHPian
 
BaluJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Cochin
Posts: 45
Thanked: 12 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Did you try taking a reading from a different machine, sometimes machines will read wrong and you land up filling more or less. Even the same machine which you were using once serviced can cause such headaches Assuming you are relying on external gauges?
Thanks - I am using the local petrol pump gauge as reference
will try couple of them and see if they make a difference
BaluJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Maruti WagonR : Test Drive & Review Eddy Official New Car Reviews 651 26th November 2016 22:59
Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review GTO Official New Car Reviews 2780 21st November 2016 19:57


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:13.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks