Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2010, 10:03   #1621
BHPian
 
Soccerfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Kochi
Posts: 591
Thanked: 54 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsan02 View Post
Yes, I insisted them to explain why this happened, but they gave some vague statements saying the part may be defective and will be replaced under waranty. Also said few Lineas had the same issue.
Not sure what could be the reason, HPS fluid giving away so quickly in a new car thats really surprising. Will update once the fix is done.
our very won BHPian clevermax also got his Puntos steering assembly replaced due to some leakage and noise. It was replaced free of cost. no need to worry. He got 1 Litre of power steering fluid also for free
Soccerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2010, 12:10   #1622
Senior - BHPian
 
clevermax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tvm/Amsterdam
Posts: 1,559
Thanked: 354 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerfan View Post
our very won BHPian clevermax also got his Puntos steering assembly replaced due to some leakage and noise. It was replaced free of cost. no need to worry. He got 1 Litre of power steering fluid also for free
Yes that's right
My Punto's steering box was replaced under warranty and the car is running fine just like new after the replacement. Here is the link to my posts

The problem I had (due to low fluid level as a result of excessive leak)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post1651386 (Punto -Turning Steering Issue)

The resolution:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1721486

@samsan02: Yes your car is leaking PS fluid for sure. The gasket in the steering box is the culprit. Fiat's bad or no quality check for OEM part suppliers!

And, your steering feel will be much better once you get a good steering box installed

Last edited by clevermax : 6th April 2010 at 12:14.
clevermax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2010, 12:38   #1623
BHPian
 
samsan02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 400
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
@samsan02: Yes your car is leaking PS fluid for sure. The gasket in the steering box is the culprit. Fiat's bad or no quality check for OEM part suppliers!


And, your steering feel will be much better once you get a good steering box installed
Thanks Clevermax, for all the info. Its comforting to know that the fix resolves the original problem. Yesterday they said they have the part available with them, so dont have to wait for it to arrive. I am hoping that for Fiat this is a known issue and they have corrected the problem in their new parts at dealers.

I had the same sound/problem which I had mentioned to Fiat at 1st service when I had left the car unused for 2 weeks. Probably they just topped the PS fluid then. Even in free service camp they topped the fluids. But I dint bother to look at what all they did. But eventually the PS fluid gave away.

Will update more once I get back my punto.
samsan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2010, 15:38   #1624
BHPian
 
better4worse's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 302
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Does anyone know why FIAT recommends or allows remote car central locking(FIAT OE) for Punto Dynamic only and not Active ?

(below is an extract from the website's Punto accessories section !)

Car Central Locking for Fiat cars allows you to safeguard your car easily using a hi-range remote.
Remote range - over 100 ft.
Other features - water proof, high security code.
(Applicable for Linea Active and Punto Dynamic only) Part Number: 59116434 | MRP: RS.4290
better4worse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2010, 15:43   #1625
BHPian
 
ms001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: bangalore
Posts: 917
Thanked: 60 Times
Default

punto active does not come with manual central lock thats why this cannot be fitted directly, you need a full remote locking kit that includes manual central lock also.
Fiat has approved a brand called cross link wheels, which i have already fitted from the dealer here in bangalore.
It costs 4400/- and works well.
ms001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2010, 16:36   #1626
BHPian
 
better4worse's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 302
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
punto active does not come with manual central lock thats why this cannot be fitted directly, you need a full remote locking kit that includes manual central lock also.
Fiat has approved a brand called cross link wheels, which i have already fitted from the dealer here in bangalore.
It costs 4400/- and works well.
Are you suggesting that Punto Active owners can get the 'cross link wheels' full remote central locking kit from the outside world ? or get get this kit done from Fiat dealership itself ?
better4worse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2010, 18:28   #1627
BHPian
 
better4worse's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 302
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by better4worse View Post
Are you suggesting that Punto Active owners can get the 'cross link wheels' full remote central locking kit from the outside world ? or get get this kit done from Fiat dealership itself ?

Probably I need to add some more here to explain my point, the guy at RAMA motors, Delhi is flatly refusing that any such item is available for Active. According to him any central locking for Punto Active would only come in Oct.

Can you please share the dealership name/number ?
better4worse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2010, 23:06   #1628
BHPian
 
?ushk@r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ahmedabad, Gujarat
Posts: 293
Thanked: 6 Times
Default 2009 Emo pk with discount.



One of my friend is in the process of buying a GP 1.4 Bossa Nova white Emotion variant. He was earlier vying for the Emo Pk model, but I guess that was a bit out of reach. Today, he visited the dealership to inquire about the loan process and the manager had an option for him. They have two Nov 2009 models of Emo Pk, BN white which are on display at their other dealership. According to him, he can provide a discount of almost 35 k on that model and it it is fully loaded as it is the Emo pk. The reason for this model still being unsold according to him was that they had arrived along with the festival lot and hence, apart from them, all the other had been sold.

What do you say guys?! Is it worth it?

They are also providing free insurance (premium not to be paid for the first year) of around 20k on every vehicle that is booked through them and it is mandatory.

What according to you guys should my friend check when he inspects the vehicle?

Please respond

Last edited by ?ushk@r : 6th April 2010 at 23:10. Reason: Incomplete sentence
?ushk@r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2010, 23:35   #1629
BHPian
 
ms001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: bangalore
Posts: 917
Thanked: 60 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by better4worse View Post
Probably I need to add some more here to explain my point, the guy at RAMA motors, Delhi is flatly refusing that any such item is available for Active. According to him any central locking for Punto Active would only come in Oct.

Can you please share the dealership name/number ?
Prerana motors bangalore Ph: 42350184 / 85 / 86

Its better to get it fitted at the dealer itself, if he has that in stock or else try to contact other dealers in your city or near by.
ms001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2010, 23:35   #1630
BHPian
 
kadri007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore/Mangalore
Posts: 433
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

In Bangalore they are giving free Insurance and some cash discounts on all Tata Indica and Fiat Punto models. Checked it yesterday itself.
kadri007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2010, 23:45   #1631
BHPian
 
ms001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: bangalore
Posts: 917
Thanked: 60 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?ushk@r View Post


One of my friend is in the process of buying a GP 1.4 Bossa Nova white Emotion variant. He was earlier vying for the Emo Pk model, but I guess that was a bit out of reach. Today, he visited the dealership to inquire about the loan process and the manager had an option for him. They have two Nov 2009 models of Emo Pk, BN white which are on display at their other dealership. According to him, he can provide a discount of almost 35 k on that model and it it is fully loaded as it is the Emo pk. The reason for this model still being unsold according to him was that they had arrived along with the festival lot and hence, apart from them, all the other had been sold.

What do you say guys?! Is it worth it?

They are also providing free insurance (premium not to be paid for the first year) of around 20k on every vehicle that is booked through them and it is mandatory.

What according to you guys should my friend check when he inspects the vehicle?

Please respond
35k is not a big discount, you friend must bargain for more may be around 50k.
for things to be checked please go through http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...heck-list.html .
ms001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2010, 10:16   #1632
BHPian
 
?ushk@r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ahmedabad, Gujarat
Posts: 293
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
35k is not a big discount, you friend must bargain for more may be around 50k.
for things to be checked please go through http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...heck-list.html .
Right. Is there any specific reason for a 50K discount? And apart from things in the PDI list, is there any specific fault with the Nov 09 model that needs to be looked into, such as I read somewhere about the replacement of clutch in a particular batch of cars?

What else has to be looked into? Any suggestions are welcome.
?ushk@r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2010, 10:32   #1633
BHPian
 
ms001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: bangalore
Posts: 917
Thanked: 60 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?ushk@r View Post
Right. Is there any specific reason for a 50K discount? And apart from things in the PDI list, is there any specific fault with the Nov 09 model that needs to be looked into, such as I read somewhere about the replacement of clutch in a particular batch of cars?

What else has to be looked into? Any suggestions are welcome.
you need to check if the car is EURO 3 or EURO 4 , RTO's in some cities have stopped registering EURO 3 cars.Please clarify this with RTO/dealer before buying.

Clutch slave cylinder was faulty only in the initial batches i don't think you need to worry about that.
ms001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2010, 10:50   #1634
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 108
Thanked: 10 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Default

hi puskar,

The interiors of the 2010 model have been upgraded and apart from that there is no difference in the 2009 and 2010 model. Ask your friend to check the difference by looking at both cars and he is comfortable with the 2009 model you can definitely go for it. In such case you can bargain for more discounts.

As for the clutch cylinder change you have to check if the VIN number of the 2009 model car you are getting is listed in the list provided by Fiat to all dealers for change in clutch cylinder.
dsr_rpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2010, 10:54   #1635
BHPian
 
?ushk@r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ahmedabad, Gujarat
Posts: 293
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
you need to check if the car is EURO 3 or EURO 4 , RTO's in some cities have stopped registering EURO 3 cars.Please clarify this with RTO/dealer before buying.

Clutch slave cylinder was faulty only in the initial batches i don't think you need to worry about that.
Great. I will intimate him to look into that. He actually wanted to post his experience in the booking thread. However, his registration is still under review for the sixth time. Hard luck, I guess.

If the car is fine and the discounts are in place, the deal will be a snatch. Will keep you guys posted.
?ushk@r is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2014 Fiat Punto Evo - Test Drive & Review nkrishnap Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 95 5th May 2016 15:07
Fiat Abarth Punto - Test Drive & Review nkrishnap Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 227 4th April 2016 13:49
Grande Punto Facelift: From baby Maserati to Punto Evo EDIT: Punto 'My Life' on pg.7 sushanthr77 The International Automotive Scene 167 25th November 2011 12:02
Fiat Grande Punto and the new Fiat Sedan; Tata-Fiat JV jkdas The Indian Car Scene 37 4th March 2009 17:01


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:38.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks