Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2010, 21:40   #1651
BHPian
 
better4worse's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 302
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Hey, those of us booking the new punto or taking delivery, hope you guys are double checking on the Euro 4 aspect, coz there's lots of Euro 3 1.3 MJDs lying around. Hope you're checking the VIN number.

- B4W
better4worse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2010, 09:14   #1652
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 134
Thanked: 57 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by better4worse View Post
Hey, those of us booking the new punto or taking delivery, hope you guys are double checking on the Euro 4 aspect, coz there's lots of Euro 3 1.3 MJDs lying around. Hope you're checking the VIN number.

- B4W
Good point, but what is the VIN code (month of manufacture essentially) for Euro 4 Puntos anyway?
Pyrotek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2010, 11:10   #1653
BHPian
 
?ushk@r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ahmedabad, Gujarat
Posts: 293
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by better4worse View Post
Hey, those of us booking the new punto or taking delivery, hope you guys are double checking on the Euro 4 aspect, coz there's lots of Euro 3 1.3 MJDs lying around. Hope you're checking the VIN number.

- B4W
Yeah. I wanted to clarify this on behalf of my Friend. He is planning to go for a Nov '09 Punto 1.4 coz of the huge discount he is getting on the car. The car is perfect as he did a complete PDI on it. However, as suggested by one of the TeamBHPians, he enquired about the Euro rating and it is Euro III instead of Euro IV. How much is this a deal breaker? What are the issues going for a Euro III car in a city like Ahmedabad?

When he enquired, the salesguy replied 'Sir, this is indeed a Euro III car but the Engine is Euro IV compliant too' 'It doesn't make much of a difference. It's just a difference of one converter'

Please reply....... the deal has to be sealed!!
?ushk@r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2010, 11:21   #1654
Senior - BHPian
 
sdp1975's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,566
Thanked: 874 Times
Default

Doesn't make much difference if you are getting a good discount and the car is in good shape. Make sure that the RTO will register a BS-III vehicle though.
sdp1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2010, 14:22   #1655
BHPian
 
aditya116's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: calicut
Posts: 314
Thanked: 45 Times
Default

Arent all puntos bs4 since day 1?
aditya116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2010, 15:29   #1656
BHPian
 
better4worse's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 302
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya116 View Post
Arent all puntos bs4 since day 1?
Nope, thats for sure ! Lots of BS III's lying around at dealers. I have booked mine (1.3 MJD) and have been told that there is a wait period of 7-10 days for the BS IV models, as they are yet to arrive in the chosen colour. I have had a look at the stock (inventory XL), lots of BS -IV Petrol Punto's are available with the dealers owing to the attractive stereo offer on 1.2. Note - this could be a dealer specific scenario.

- B4W

PS: I've heard that the Petrol 1.2's (BS IV) are having trouble with AC cooling and are coming back to the workshop for coil replacements(covered under warranty ). Can somebody confirm that ?
better4worse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2010, 19:46   #1657
BHPian
 
ms001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: bangalore
Posts: 917
Thanked: 60 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?ushk@r View Post
Yeah. I wanted to clarify this on behalf of my Friend. He is planning to go for a Nov '09 Punto 1.4 coz of the huge discount he is getting on the car. The car is perfect as he did a complete PDI on it. However, as suggested by one of the TeamBHPians, he enquired about the Euro rating and it is Euro III instead of Euro IV. How much is this a deal breaker? What are the issues going for a Euro III car in a city like Ahmedabad?

When he enquired, the salesguy replied 'Sir, this is indeed a Euro III car but the Engine is Euro IV compliant too' 'It doesn't make much of a difference. It's just a difference of one converter'

Please reply....... the deal has to be sealed!!
just confirm with rto/dealer if they will register a euro 3 car in your city or no, if yes go for it its not an issue.Just bargain for as much discount as possible.
ms001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2010, 19:54   #1658
BHPian
 
fireblade007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kollam
Posts: 140
Thanked: 49 Times
Default

The under surface of the bumper of my friend's punto emotion diesel easily scraps in bad roads. Any solutions for this problem?
fireblade007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2010, 21:28   #1659
Team-BHP Support
 
.anshuman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Good-Gaon
Posts: 7,670
Thanked: 8,682 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireblade007 View Post
The under surface of the bumper of my friend's punto emotion diesel easily scraps in bad roads. Any solutions for this problem?
The car comes with metal protection plate. I have hit the chin of the car quite hard several times due to unexpected deep potholes, there was a loud sound but no damage just some scratches that too very minor ones.

Punto comes with good ground clearance, the only recommended way to avoid the car scraping is to drive cautiously. Raising the ride height by modifying the suspension will have more adverse effects than good ones.

Last edited by .anshuman : 11th April 2010 at 21:30.
.anshuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2010, 23:37   #1660
BHPian
 
better4worse's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 302
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
just confirm with rto/dealer if they will register a euro 3 car in your city or no, if yes go for it its not an issue.Just bargain for as much discount as possible.
Can they and will they ...RTO ? Dealer would surely like to get Euro 3's (in his inventory kitty) off his back ! but is it legal to register a BS 3 when BS 4 is mandatory std for the city ?
better4worse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2010, 01:23   #1661
BHPian
 
samsan02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 404
Thanked: 17 Times
Default

Why dont you guys check with Fiat directly, I have a feeling all the ones sold earlier are also euro 4 complaint. BS IV is same as euro 4 as per my understanding. Euro 4 engines already sell in europe and why would they become different when they come to india, its the same engine I believe.
I think 1.4 fire is already euro 4 complaint, since the day of launch. I may be wrong here but its better to check with Fiat directly.
samsan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2010, 09:32   #1662
BHPian
 
ms001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: bangalore
Posts: 917
Thanked: 60 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by better4worse View Post
Can they and will they ...RTO ? Dealer would surely like to get Euro 3's (in his inventory kitty) off his back ! but is it legal to register a BS 3 when BS 4 is mandatory std for the city ?
i have no clarity about it , best would be to contact RTO/agents in your city.
ms001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2010, 15:03   #1663
BHPian
 
NutsNBolts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kochi
Posts: 795
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Regsitration is done based on Form 21 issued by manufacturer. This form, given on the basis of chassis number will clearly mention whether the vehicle is BS III or IV. So the RTO will register it only as per that form.
NutsNBolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2010, 19:24   #1664
BHPian
 
better4worse's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 302
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
Regsitration is done based on Form 21 issued by manufacturer. This form, given on the basis of chassis number will clearly mention whether the vehicle is BS III or IV. So the RTO will register it only as per that form.
The dealer says..the registration happens at the RTO for BS -3 , one has to pay an additional fine of 1100 Rs. Convenient..isn't it ?
better4worse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2010, 20:22   #1665
BHPian
 
NutsNBolts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kochi
Posts: 795
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

I don't know about that, because your registration will be based on Form 21 and that is what will be held in the RTO office records. It is up to you if want to follow that track. After taking his share, RTO will wash his hands off from any kind of trouble you may face. Just my two cents.
NutsNBolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fiat Abarth Punto - Test Drive & Review nkrishnap Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 230 3rd June 2017 11:06
2014 Fiat Punto Evo - Test Drive & Review nkrishnap Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 95 5th May 2016 15:07
Grande Punto Facelift: From baby Maserati to Punto Evo EDIT: Punto 'My Life' on pg.7 sushanthr77 The International Automotive Scene 167 25th November 2011 12:02
Fiat Grande Punto and the new Fiat Sedan; Tata-Fiat JV jkdas The Indian Car Scene 37 4th March 2009 17:01


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:10.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks