Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2010, 15:12   #1741
Senior - BHPian
 
neoonwheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,597
Thanked: 351 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
I humbly disgree with you here. Figo is not a better handler than Punto. Apart from slightly heavy controls the Punto is wayyy better compared to the Figo and corners almost flat.
Took me by surprise. Specially when GTO himself said in his Punto thread that by far Punto is the best handler. I do not remember him saying Figo is the new best handling car in the Figo test drive thread.
neoonwheels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2010, 17:30   #1742
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 46,294
Thanked: 78,844 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
I humbly disgree with you here. Figo is not a better handler than Punto. Apart from slightly heavy controls the Punto is wayyy better compared to the Figo and corners almost flat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Took me by surprise. Specially when GTO himself said in his Punto thread that by far Punto is the best handler. I do not remember him saying Figo is the new best handling car in the Figo test drive thread.
Allow me to clarify : The Punto has superior high speed stability, and feels more solid especially at high speed (though Figo is in no way nervous). The steering & stability of a Punto @ 140 is unbeatable. However, the Figo is more agile...it's the Fiesta genes after all...and corner after corner, its quicker steering and excellent suspension will see it ahead in say, a slalom test. The Figo definitely had lesser roll than the (heavier) Punto too. Think of the Figo as a Fiesta without the boot (which it is), and the boots overhang.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2010, 17:45   #1743
Senior - BHPian
 
neoonwheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,597
Thanked: 351 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Allow me to clarify : The Punto has superior high speed stability, and feels more solid especially at high speed (though Figo is in no way nervous). The steering & stability of a Punto @ 140 is unbeatable. However, the Figo is more agile...it's the Fiesta genes after all...and corner after corner, its quicker steering and excellent suspension will see it ahead in say, a slalom test. The Figo definitely had lesser roll than the (heavier) Punto too. Think of the Figo as a Fiesta without the boot (which it is), and the boots overhang.
Well, all right GTO. Thanks for the clarification. I was wondering why the contradiction cropped up suddenly.
neoonwheels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2010, 12:51   #1744
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Pune, Jaipur
Posts: 76
Thanked: 5 Times
Default Most Beautiful Car of the Year

Another Jewel in Fiat Punto's Crown. Grande Punto has been awarded the "Most Beautiful Car of the Year" by Top Gear for the year 2009.

Fiat-Awards-2010_emailer_14-4-10_3
daredeviljpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2010, 13:51   #1745
BHPian
 
~~VinZ~~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 289
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

I should say Punto is ahead amongst other hatch backs when it comes to the meaty steering and high speed stability. The stability that it has @170 outsmarts any other hatchback. Yes, i am not saying it's the most powerful hatchback around now but when it comes to the road presence and stability, damn rite punto is.

I love taking my black beauty for long drives. The driving seat adjustments and the positioning of leg and hands are so good for a long drive. I do not get tired.

And with Pete's in it it will fly. 90B HP @215 Nm. I have done 13500KM till now and getting the Pete's done after 15000.

Last weekend i was driving back from kerala in my friends i20 Magna 1.2. Though the new Euro 4 interiors impress me but it completely failed to impress me in the highway. I know i should not be comparing 1.2 petrol version to my Em Pk MJD but still i expected a lot more from i20.

Handling curves and bends - It scared me to death when i took the first curve at 70km/hr.

Driving comfort - I am 5' 11 and the drive was not comfortable for me.

Power - with 3 people and luggage on board it is underpowered for that price.

Last edited by ~~VinZ~~ : 21st April 2010 at 13:54. Reason: Added about Pete's
~~VinZ~~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2010, 14:58   #1746
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Eranakulam
Posts: 208
Thanked: 69 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daredeviljpr View Post
Another Jewel in Fiat Punto's Crown. Grande Punto has been awarded the "Most Beautiful Car of the Year" by Top Gear for the year 2009.

Fiat-Awards-2010_emailer_14-4-10_3
Well, there really was no contest for that prize, was there
Games Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2010, 15:45   #1747
BHPian
 
Vibhanshu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 182
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Allow me to clarify : The Punto has superior high speed stability, and feels more solid especially at high speed (though Figo is in no way nervous). The steering & stability of a Punto @ 140 is unbeatable. However, the Figo is more agile...it's the Fiesta genes after all...and corner after corner, its quicker steering and excellent suspension will see it ahead in say, a slalom test. The Figo definitely had lesser roll than the (heavier) Punto too. Think of the Figo as a Fiesta without the boot (which it is), and the boots overhang.
Interesting. With the way its written, Figo sounds really good. I think its the only car that comes close to Punto (handling and steering). Not even the Polo (light steering). By saying this, Figo realy becomes one of the best VFM in the market. Need to test drive the Figo soon.
Vibhanshu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2010, 15:46   #1748
Distinguished - BHPian
 
smartcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,679
Thanked: 9,480 Times
Default

Just came back from a test drive of Fiat Punto Diesel. In Bangalore, the dealer is offering -

- Free insurance
- Free 2+2 year 150,000 Km extended warranty
- Free sunfilm
- Free mudflaps & carpets
- Free "few other things" (don't remember)
smartcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2010, 17:20   #1749
BHPian
 
maverickxx2006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 183
Thanked: 45 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
Just came back from a test drive of Fiat Punto Diesel. In Bangalore, the dealer is offering -

- Free insurance
- Free 2+2 year 150,000 Km extended warranty
- Free sunfilm
- Free mudflaps & carpets
- Free "few other things" (don't remember)
In Pune (Pandit Auto), I'm being offered >>

1. Free Insurance
2. Free extended warranty
3. 10,000 Rs gift cheque

These were the things offered in just first meeting during test drive.

Free insurance scheme is valid till April end only. But I'm sure, to keep sales chart ticking, FIAT will offer some scheme or the other in coming months.
maverickxx2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2010, 17:29   #1750
Team-BHP Support
 
.anshuman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Good-Gaon
Posts: 7,672
Thanked: 8,686 Times
Default

The Mudflaps offered by Fiat dealers as freebies are so ugly looking they spoil the whole look of the car. I left my car with dad for some time and he went to buy a Linea for a cousin, the salesman there offered to fit free mudflaps to my punto and Dad agreed.

My first reaction when i saw the car was OMG!!! The car looks ugly with these truck like flaps. I could not wait till morning and removed them myself using a screwdriver.

Punto is a beautiful car, Please be kind to the car. Do not spoil the looks by installing those ugly mudflaps. It looks better with mud.
.anshuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2010, 17:36   #1751
Distinguished - BHPian
 
smartcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,679
Thanked: 9,480 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickxx2006 View Post
Rs. 10,000 Rs gift cheque
Aah yes! That's the one I forgot - a Rs. 10,000 cheque.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Punto is a beautiful car, Please be kind to the car. Do not spoil the looks by installing those ugly mudflaps. It looks better with mud.
Being kind to the car is fine, but you need to be kind to the vehicles following your beautiful car in the rain. Without the flaps, the Punto's tyres will spray bucketloads of water onto vehicles behind. Perhaps fitting an aftermarket flaps is a good idea.

But just how bad are these Fiat flaps? Any pics?
smartcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2010, 18:21   #1752
BHPian
 
nkapoor777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 570
Thanked: 79 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
The Mudflaps offered by Fiat dealers as freebies are so ugly looking they spoil the whole look of the car. I left my car with dad for some time and he went to buy a Linea for a cousin, the salesman there offered to fit free mudflaps to my punto and Dad agreed.

My first reaction when i saw the car was OMG!!! The car looks ugly with these truck like flaps. I could not wait till morning and removed them myself using a screwdriver.

Punto is a beautiful car, Please be kind to the car. Do not spoil the looks by installing those ugly mudflaps. It looks better with mud.
@.anshuman:

The dealer tried to pass off some cheap local stuff on my every visit to the service centre. I waited for almost six months before I laid my hands on the genuine FIAT accessory. IMO, these look pretty decent. I don't have any pics but one of the differences I noted was that the fake ones carried "For Use in Punto" moniker while the genuine FIAT ones simply mention the name "Punto".
nkapoor777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2010, 18:27   #1753
Team-BHP Support
 
.anshuman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Good-Gaon
Posts: 7,672
Thanked: 8,686 Times
Default

^^^ @nkapoor777 : Please post the pictures of the Fiat genuine accessory mudflaps.

@NCR Punto owners: I have the Punto mudflaps lying idle, feel free to pick them up if you need them.
.anshuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2010, 18:32   #1754
Senior - BHPian
 
sdp1975's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,566
Thanked: 874 Times
Default

What's this 10K gift cheque ? Are they really giving 10K cash or offering gifts ( accessories ?) worth 10 K ?
sdp1975 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2010, 18:34   #1755
Team-BHP Support
 
.anshuman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Good-Gaon
Posts: 7,672
Thanked: 8,686 Times
Default

^^ Its a Cash discount of Rs.10,000. As the discount is same across all the dealers, most probably its a discount passed on by Fiat but shown as a dealer discount.

Last edited by .anshuman : 21st April 2010 at 18:35.
.anshuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fiat Abarth Punto - Test Drive & Review nkrishnap Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 230 3rd June 2017 11:06
2014 Fiat Punto Evo - Test Drive & Review nkrishnap Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 95 5th May 2016 15:07
Grande Punto Facelift: From baby Maserati to Punto Evo EDIT: Punto 'My Life' on pg.7 sushanthr77 The International Automotive Scene 167 25th November 2011 12:02
Fiat Grande Punto and the new Fiat Sedan; Tata-Fiat JV jkdas The Indian Car Scene 37 4th March 2009 17:01


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:23.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks