Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2010, 09:23   #1846
BHPian
 
arishi1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Thane - Mumbai
Posts: 291
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by better4worse View Post
Guys, I managed to pick up my Punto 1.3 MJD Active from the dealership today evening. Absolutely kicked about it ....ride back home was 35 kms of pure unadulterated excitement!

- B4W
Congrats!! dude... hoping to get an Active Puntership thread from you
arishi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2010, 10:12   #1847
BHPian
 
ms001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: bangalore
Posts: 917
Thanked: 60 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by better4worse View Post
Guys, I managed to pick up my Punto 1.3 MJD Active from the dealership today evening. Absolutely kicked about it ....ride back home was 35 kms of pure unadulterated excitement!

- B4W
congrats which color is it?
just a suggestion do not use premium/shell diesel
ms001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2010, 10:36   #1848
BHPian
 
gopikb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 415
Thanked: 96 Times
Default

ms001, did you mean not to use premium diesel from all outlets including Shell or even the normal diesel at Shell?
gopikb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2010, 10:40   #1849
BHPian
 
ms001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: bangalore
Posts: 917
Thanked: 60 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopikb View Post
ms001, did you mean not to use premium diesel from all outlets including Shell or even the normal diesel at Shell?
I tried shell normal twice , both times i got 1 kmpl less and engine felt rough, so i have stopped using that
ms001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2010, 13:30   #1850
BHPian
 
gopikb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 415
Thanked: 96 Times
Default

Thanks ms001. I have always been filling normal diesel at Shell bunk in Mysore road. Only when I drive out of town, I have filled diesel at BP or HPCL bunks. Coming to think about it, what you say might be true. When I come back after long drives into Tamilnadu, I always ensure that the tank is full in BP bunk at AAB before entering Karnataka. When I take the vehicle out the next day, I do feel that the engine is refined and very smooth. I used to think it is due to the long drive that the car has gone the previous day. If you are right then it could be due to the diesel filled in non Shell bunk.

Let me try avoiding Shell bunks for the next few topups and will update you on the difference.

Last edited by gopikb : 27th April 2010 at 13:32.
gopikb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2010, 15:36   #1851
Senior - BHPian
 
Chethan B G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,372
Thanked: 642 Times
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
congrats which color is it?
just a suggestion do not use premium/shell diesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopikb View Post
ms001, did you mean not to use premium diesel from all outlets including Shell or even the normal diesel at Shell?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
I tried shell normal twice , both times i got 1 kmpl less and engine felt rough, so i have stopped using that
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopikb View Post
Thanks ms001. I have always been filling normal diesel at Shell bunk in Mysore road. Only when I drive out of town, I have filled diesel at BP or HPCL bunks. Coming to think about it, what you say might be true. When I come back after long drives into Tamilnadu, I always ensure that the tank is full in BP bunk at AAB before entering Karnataka. When I take the vehicle out the next day, I do feel that the engine is refined and very smooth. I used to think it is due to the long drive that the car has gone the previous day. If you are right then it could be due to the diesel filled in non Shell bunk.

Let me try avoiding Shell bunks for the next few topups and will update you on the difference.
A bit confusing. What I understood is - Use only normal Diesel in a non-shell bunk. Am I Right?
Chethan B G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2010, 16:22   #1852
BHPian
 
ms001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: bangalore
Posts: 917
Thanked: 60 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
A bit confusing. What I understood is - Use only normal Diesel in a non-shell bunk. Am I Right?
Thats correct ! use only normal diesel from non shell bunks.
Engine feels much smoother on normal non shell diesel.
This is just based on my observation and i heard the same thing from other MJD owners as well.
ms001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2010, 16:59   #1853
Senior - BHPian
 
Chethan B G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,372
Thanked: 642 Times
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
Thats correct ! use only normal diesel from non shell bunks.
Engine feels much smoother on normal non shell diesel.
This is just based on my observation and i heard the same thing from other MJD owners as well.
Any particular choice among the normal bunks also?

Say - BP, HP, IOL - Which is better? - Any one to be avoided?
Chethan B G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2010, 17:09   #1854
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 188
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
Thats correct ! use only normal diesel from non shell bunks.
Engine feels much smoother on normal non shell diesel.
This is just based on my observation and i heard the same thing from other MJD owners as well.
I agree. My Linea seems to be running much better with HP normal diesel as compared to Shell normal diesel.
Ferrari1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2010, 17:20   #1855
BHPian
 
aditya116's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: calicut
Posts: 314
Thanked: 45 Times
Default

guys my old indica used to perform 10% better on fuel with additives.I always thought these fuel with additives were also supposed to be more pure while regular diesels were best left to smoky trucks.
Does anyone use stuff like system d on punto?
aditya116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2010, 17:31   #1856
BHPian
 
Soccerfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Kochi
Posts: 591
Thanked: 54 Times
Default

Try to fill up from the directly company operated petrol bunks. Fuel will not be adulterated here.
Soccerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2010, 17:52   #1857
BHPian
 
ms001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: bangalore
Posts: 917
Thanked: 60 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Any particular choice among the normal bunks also?

Say - BP, HP, IOL - Which is better? - Any one to be avoided?
it depends on which pump in your area is reliable.
I have been using IOCL .
ms001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2010, 21:15   #1858
BHPian
 
better4worse's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 302
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
Whoa, another Punto! Congrats B4W. Let's see your ownership thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arishi1 View Post
Congrats!! dude... hoping to get an Active Puntership thread from you
Thanks Guys ! yes the thread would come up in some time...will take more time than usual considering I'll be moving in and out of the city a fair bit over the next month or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
congrats which color is it?
just a suggestion do not use premium/shell diesel
mine's a Medium Grey...and I like it !
I'll take that suggestion seriously ! But then again mine is Euro4, shouldnt better fuel make a difference ? My first fill has been from HP bunk (Hi Speed Diesel), I was told it has additives. I think I'll visit these theory in a months time again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerfan View Post
Try to fill up from the directly company operated petrol bunks. Fuel will not be adulterated here.
Yes COCO always makes more sense !

- B4W
better4worse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2010, 21:21   #1859
BHPian
 
kadri007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore/Mangalore
Posts: 433
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Has anyone got the spare parts details and Service charge details for Punto.

How much it would cost for Engine Oil, Oil Filter, etc

Also how much it would cost for replacing the airbags.
kadri007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2010, 21:30   #1860
Senior - BHPian
 
headers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Greater Chennai
Posts: 4,534
Thanked: 418 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadri007 View Post
Has anyone got the spare parts details and Service charge details for Punto.

How much it would cost for Engine Oil, Oil Filter, etc

Also how much it would cost for replacing the airbags.

The Airbags IMO would be expensive! The rest not so much!
headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2014 Fiat Punto Evo - Test Drive & Review nkrishnap Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 95 5th May 2016 15:07
Fiat Abarth Punto - Test Drive & Review nkrishnap Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 227 4th April 2016 13:49
Grande Punto Facelift: From baby Maserati to Punto Evo EDIT: Punto 'My Life' on pg.7 sushanthr77 The International Automotive Scene 167 25th November 2011 12:02
Fiat Grande Punto and the new Fiat Sedan; Tata-Fiat JV jkdas The Indian Car Scene 37 4th March 2009 17:01


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:12.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks