Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2010, 19:41   #2131
BHPian
 
Newpunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 639
Thanked: 40 Times
Default

Took delivery of My Grande Punto 1.2 Emotion today from KHT Motors, whitefield . Will post the pics soon. Saw another Punto ( a Minimal Grey 1.4 Emotion Pack ) delivered today from the same showroom. Wonder if its anyone on TBHP.
Newpunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2010, 22:55   #2132
Senior - BHPian
 
Amartya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Evanston
Posts: 1,660
Thanked: 225 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
Took delivery of My Grande Punto 1.2 Emotion today from KHT Motors, whitefield . Will post the pics soon. Saw another Punto ( a Minimal Grey 1.4 Emotion Pack ) delivered today from the same showroom. Wonder if its anyone on TBHP.
Congratulations. Can't wait for your input on the 1.2Emotion.
Amartya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2010, 09:51   #2133
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: India
Posts: 55
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

I love the looks, ride quality, handling and features of the Punto and Linea and would be very happy to own either the upcoming 90bhp VGT Punto or the T-Jet Linea, but I'm very scared of the flimsy fit/ parts falling off and rusting issues. Could anyone who has bought a 2010 Punto or Linea please clarify the following doubts I have?

1. Have the fit/ parts falling off and rusting issues been sorted out?
2. Now that we have experienced a very hot summer, how good is the AC? Do backseat passengers complain about the AC?
3. What are the niggles if any in the 2010 Punto/ Linea?

Honest feedback from 2010 Punto or Linea owners will be highly appreciated.

PS: I have no problem with the finish as for the features offered and the price at which the above cars are offered at, it seems tolerable.
Thar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2010, 10:07   #2134
BHPian
 
twinblades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: bangalore
Posts: 128
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Well regarding the AC I think I have mentioned it somewhere else. We have a Punto 1.3d from 2009. In dry places like Bangalore you can use the A/C on Fresh Air Mode and will find it adequate. In humid regions like Kerala the A/C needs to be in recirculate mode.
twinblades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2010, 07:54   #2135
Senior - BHPian
 
Amartya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Evanston
Posts: 1,660
Thanked: 225 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thar View Post
I love the looks, ride quality, handling and features of the Punto and Linea and would be very happy to own either the upcoming 90bhp VGT Punto or the T-Jet Linea, but I'm very scared of the flimsy fit/ parts falling off and rusting issues. Could anyone who has bought a 2010 Punto or Linea please clarify the following doubts I have?

1. Have the fit/ parts falling off and rusting issues been sorted out?
2. Now that we have experienced a very hot summer, how good is the AC? Do backseat passengers complain about the AC?
3. What are the niggles if any in the 2010 Punto/ Linea?

Honest feedback from 2010 Punto or Linea owners will be highly appreciated.

PS: I have no problem with the finish as for the features offered and the price at which the above cars are offered at, it seems tolerable.
The A/C is very good. I have used the car (my girlfriends Punto, which I recommended her to buy) extensively before moving abroad and used it in the peak of summer (40-45C). It worked just fine.

Also, no parts have fallen off till date. The only issue was a muted thud while going over bumps fast, that was traced to the spare wheel clamp not being fastened properly.

No rusting issues. Also, while taking the car in for service (this March), I checked out the 2010 models. The interior plastics seemed to be of better quality, but the fit was still not great. Mind you, it's not that bad.
Amartya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2010, 10:24   #2136
BHPian
 
Newpunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 639
Thanked: 40 Times
Default

I haven't ridden my Punto much since i took delivery , but i can confirm a few things :
1. The A/c is quite decent even in my 1.2 model and the rear passengers didn't complain about it. Ofcourse, it hasn't been very hot lately in Bangalore.
2. The plastics are not very good, but the higher end models have comparitively better quality. Some parts ( the seat adjust lever, the door handles ) look like they might fall off if more force is used. But they are not that bad to use so far.
Newpunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2010, 10:38   #2137
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: India
Posts: 55
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Amartya, thank you for the detailed reply, sir.

Newpunter, thank you for the response too, sir. I hope Fiat wakes up to the seat height adjust lever problem and bonnet release lever in their 90bhp VGT Punto/ T-Jet Linea at least. The bonnet release lever and the seat height adjust lever have been issues right from the early days and I wonder why Fiat is still sleeping on these two simple to solve, but troublesome to the owner issues.
Thar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2010, 10:48   #2138
Senior - BHPian
 
fiat_tarun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pune / Mysore
Posts: 1,076
Thanked: 521 Times
Default

Finally getting this gorgeous car into my parents garage (I wish it was mine !) Tough choice between the i20 and Punto, but the Punto came out on top. (Parents found i20 seating too low). In 2-3 weeks a FOX TROT AZURE Punto 1.4 E Pack will be home...!

Any 2010 model Punto owners having lever falling off/breaking issues ?

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 9th June 2010 at 10:59.
fiat_tarun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2010, 10:54   #2139
Senior - BHPian
 
neoonwheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,563
Thanked: 334 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thar View Post
Amartya, thank you for the detailed reply, sir.

Newpunter, thank you for the response too, sir. I hope Fiat wakes up to the seat height adjust lever problem and bonnet release lever in their 90bhp VGT Punto/ T-Jet Linea at least. The bonnet release lever and the seat height adjust lever have been issues right from the early days and I wonder why Fiat is still sleeping on these two simple to solve, but troublesome to the owner issues.
I have 2010 Punto and the height adjust lever is better and feels good. Also the seat does not go down automatically which was the case with 2009 Punto/Linea. AC is chilling in front seats and good for back seat passengers. Also nothing has fallen off in my Punto in its 3000 km run.
neoonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2010, 10:57   #2140
BHPian
 
gopikb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 415
Thanked: 96 Times
Default

Tarun / Thar
I am a 2009 Sept Punto owner and have driven it more than 10000 kms since then. I never had any issues with plastics falling off or breaking. Most of the Punto owners would agree with me as well as we have seen in the group. Based on the finishing of plastics that was present in 2009 Punto models, I guess people have created a general perception about plastics falling off.

You have chosen a great car and I am sure you would not regret it.
gopikb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2010, 11:08   #2141
Senior - BHPian
 
fiat_tarun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pune / Mysore
Posts: 1,076
Thanked: 521 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
I have 2010 Punto and the height adjust lever is better and feels good. Also the seat does not go down automatically which was the case with 2009 Punto/Linea. AC is chilling in front seats and good for back seat passengers. Also nothing has fallen off in my Punto in its 3000 km run.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopikb View Post
Tarun / Thar
I am a 2009 Sept Punto owner and have driven it more than 10000 kms since then. I never had any issues with plastics falling off or breaking. Most of the Punto owners would agree with me as well as we have seen in the group. Based on the finishing of plastics that was present in 2009 Punto models, I guess people have created a general perception about plastics falling off.

You have chosen a great car and I am sure you would not regret it.
This sure is reassuring news. Can't wait to get the car..!
fiat_tarun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2010, 12:49   #2142
BHPian
 
Soccerfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Kochi
Posts: 591
Thanked: 54 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thar View Post
Amartya, thank you for the detailed reply, sir.

Newpunter, thank you for the response too, sir. I hope Fiat wakes up to the seat height adjust lever problem and bonnet release lever in their 90bhp VGT Punto/ T-Jet Linea at least. The bonnet release lever and the seat height adjust lever have been issues right from the early days and I wonder why Fiat is still sleeping on these two simple to solve, but troublesome to the owner issues.
Actually the bonnet release lever drops from its holder. You can just push it back. its not like the glove box lever falling off
BTW nothing has broken/fallen off from my punto (2009 august model)

Seat height adjustment lever is too long. on ingress/egress u will invariably touch the lever and the seat goes down. It is not automatically going down. Feels like automatic because you wont notice touching the lever.

Last edited by Soccerfan : 9th June 2010 at 12:50.
Soccerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2010, 22:49   #2143
BHPian
 
arun687's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 45
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Hey guys,

Took the delivery of my Punto 1.2 Emotion (silver) today, only managed to run about 30 kms since it was already late. I've a doubt.

If I stall the engine while taking it from stationary, then the engine doesn't start. I mean, I cannot move the key further to start the engine. I've to switch off the ignition and then back on, to start the engine again.

Is this a feature or some problem with my car? I know there's crank prevention system in the car, but if the engine stalls even then it won't allow you to turn the key further without switching off the ignition once?
arun687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2010, 22:56   #2144
Team-BHP Support
 
.anshuman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Good-Gaon
Posts: 7,569
Thanked: 8,067 Times
Default

^^ Congratulations!!! Arun, This is a feature to prevent accidental cranking when the engine is already running, you will have to switch off the ignition switch first before trying to crank the engine.

This feature has been available in Fiat cars since Uno.
.anshuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2010, 23:12   #2145
BHPian
 
arun687's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 45
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
^^ Congratulations!!! Arun, This is a feature to prevent accidental cranking when the engine is already running, you will have to switch off the ignition switch first before trying to crank the engine.

This feature has been available in Fiat cars since Uno.
Thanks Anshuman, just what I wanted to know.

So far loving the car. Have to read the manual now to try out the various features tomorrow.
arun687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2014 Fiat Punto Evo - Test Drive & Review nkrishnap Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 95 5th May 2016 15:07
Fiat Abarth Punto - Test Drive & Review nkrishnap Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 227 4th April 2016 13:49
Grande Punto Facelift: From baby Maserati to Punto Evo EDIT: Punto 'My Life' on pg.7 sushanthr77 The International Automotive Scene 167 25th November 2011 12:02
Fiat Grande Punto and the new Fiat Sedan; Tata-Fiat JV jkdas The Indian Car Scene 37 4th March 2009 17:01


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:04.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks